/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #465

''Non popular but still awesome characters'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
zywegowno.club/t
youtube.com/watch?v=EnLH150KLaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kate is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Chloe > > > Kate

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

you know what affected me the most? sure she loved Rachel and was looking for her. but still Rachel couldn't give her everything. actually Max has been all that she wants and her 'real' angel. after they reunited they understood this well

>''You made me smile and laugh,like I haven't done in years.''

Meetup when? I wanna snuggle with you guys

''Spammer'' Edition

I'm glad someone made a new thread. I was running out of ideas for editions.

Stop praising (you)rself

We're gonna buy their new game so they will have bigger budget for season 2 right?

Rude.

There's nothing wrong with Brooke, get over it and I don't care if you report me, it's not very effective

Dude for fucking once, please don't do spamshit.
I'm not sure if you just want to be troll or just trying to bump the thread;if so don't worry thread will not die (it's not gonna live with shitposts anyway)

If they go bankrupt it's their own damn fault. We don't owe them anything if they insist on producing crap.

Love > > > Hate

That is a hateful notion and it doesn't don't deserve Chloe because its attitude shows itself too blinded by hate to be able to appreciate character. Max, Chloe and Kate would also dislike it.

Is Chloe a more developed and narratively significant part of the game? That is undoubtably true. I've never seen anyone argue otherwise. Some Katefriends might find Kate more emotionally, sentimentally or even "romantically"! significant to them, but that's about all they say. I mean, Katefriends hardly even talk about Kate in here. No idea where you'd see competition there even regardless of the pettiness of seeing it as competition to begin with.

Indeed. That's exactly a narrative sentiment of the Rachel complex I've always elaborated on as well. And will tomorrow again if I and the thread then feel like it.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Do you see any spam anywhere? Anyway I gotta go so if there is it's no me

Kate is a whore!

I wanted to warn you nicely for once. This is my last warning.
please, don't do spamshit to ruin the thread.

>''you are such a good person''
>*Michel steps in* ''even if you're full of crap''
[swears in K8ish]

What's the meme about?

Yeah. Their love is definitely a tragic one.
It both saved Chloe, but also hurt her due to its inconclusiveness. Rachel dies and Chloe is left wondering if the future they (or at least she) dreamed of together was ever really a thing.

The whole topic is left pretty vague but it's impact on Chloe is clear: She did love Rachel (That does not nullify or replace her love for Max) and saw a future with her. Obviously, that future was not possible (And not what Chloe REALLY wanted, that being Max). Rachel did not love Chloe in the same way and the one thing she did not lie about was her feelings. So while not giving a definite answer to Chloe's feelings was hurtful and confusing, it would have been so much worse if Rachel lied and said "I love you too."
Because after that, things are expected to go a certain way and it may have destroyed Chloe if Rachel said that but changed nothing- still seeing Frank, Jefferson, etc.

As bad as it was for Chloe to learn the truth about Rachel, she can at least know Rachel valued their friendship enough to not do something that moronic and tell the ultimate lie.

And Rachel was no fool, she knew Chloe was head over heels with her and she probably also knew exactly what Max meant to Chloe. Which is why she never gave an answer. It's my belief that Rachel knew she and Chloe were never going to run away together, The romantic feelings were one-sided. Rachel was waiting for Max to return and be with Chloe, so she could finally tell the full truth.

Rachel fucked up and she was waiting for a moment for when she could come clean and try to minimize the damage. It would definitely hurt the both of them but hopefully they could go on being friends. A moment which unfortunately never came because Rachel's biggest mistake, befriending Jefferson and Nathan, took its course.
Achieving exactly what Rachel was trying to avoid: leaving Chloe totally alone, without her and/or Max.

>Kate never swears
>'til Michel brainwashed her

That's why Max and Chloe soulmates. Nobody will compete with them,or replace another.
They are completing each other and one isn't good without the other.
Also;
>''I've always wanted my life to be special adventure,but not without you.'' Max to Chloe

YOU WANT TO CHAT IN LIVE WITH ANONS ABOUT GAME?
CHECK OUR IMAGEBOARD
zywegowno.club/t

Exactly. And Chloe telling Max "You made me laugh and smile like I haven't in years" is Chloe telling Max how much she means. She had her fun with Rachel and will always look fondly on it, but with her and Max there is no pressure or wondering if they're telling the truth.

The compliment each other personalities, balance out shortcomings, and give the other exactly what they are looking for. For Max; confidence and excitement. For Chloe; loyalty and honesty.
Max and Chloe as individuals are not perfect, but together they come pretty damn close.

Does lisg have discord? I wanna hear your cute voices

We aren't girls user, 99% of people here are males.

On a less serious note. I think Rachel and Chloe met in Blackwell.
Maybe they ended up in detention together and Chloe saw Rachel, and was drawn over to her. They started talking and hit off, by the end of it they exchanged phone numbers and started to hang out in the dorms together. Things escalated from there until they were close friends.

No Alice
No Artios
No Kate posting
No scat writer
What happened?

>99% of people here are males.

You'd be surprised...

Not everybody lives in Arcadia Bay, they have jobs and occupations too.

Lisa is pretty lovable. But her hear belongs to Alice.
I hope Rachel doesn't think Lisa is THAT kind of plant and try to smoke her.

Last time we did a poll we got about 60/40 for males and females in the general.

Hello user.

That's why I left 1%
Poll was probably rigged
I missed you, what have you done to Lisa btw

I gave her a hug and a kiss of course.

And I haven't even been gone for a full day.

Well?

[ ]

Well as they say, it's hip to be square.
>KISS

>kiss
>rewind
>repeat

Don't kiss because her breath smells like an ash tray.

Well you're not the one kissing her. Max is.

user.

What.

It's not rigged. It's even split.

Bae > Bay every day!

Grocery shopping!

Hanging out at galleries!

Shouldn't Chloe buy food instead of people?

Max is #1 user is #1!

But user, Max is her food!

No, you are right. It would be silly not to buy actual food at the grocery store. They do need to eat.

But! Max does get scanned at the checkout.

And then the person working the register says Max is priceless, and can only be paid for in eternal love given to her.

And Chloe has that covered.

Chloe is a pained, angry, damaged, and beautiful person.

Reminder that Alice is a demon lord and will not rest until Kate's blood spills.

I am never going to let Mama's blood spill. Ever!

And if anyone dares try hurt her, I will get demonic against them!

Even if Max doesn't win the Everyday Heroes Contest, there's much more to win in the future.
And she can bring Chloe along for those. Maybe even have Chloe in her photos.

They do buy food. But they also have their dorky fun.

"Victoria faces the trolley problem"

And Chloe also gets to ride the cart sometimes!

Who is this?

That's gonna need a rewind...

DORKS!
>Be shopping
>Looking through an aisle
>Hear a noise
>Look over and see Max, pushing Chloe who is shouting commands in pirate speak and point ahead with a baguette like it's a sword

>Going through store
>Get to the area where my favorite cereal is stocked
>Only one box left
>It's my luck day
>Pick it off the shelf and about to put it in my cart
>A cart with blue-haired girl sitting inside, being pushed by a brown-haired girl with freckles, comes flying by and rips the box out of my hand
>They run away screaming something about another successful raid and calling me a "landlubber"

So why does Kate has the worst VA in the entire game?

Kate isn't voiced by Carlos Luna.

She doesn't. :)

>its okay to bully Kate as long as you cutepost Chloe x Max
What is wrong with you guys

MOAR K8

Even Vampyr looks more interesting than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=EnLH150KLaw

Max and Chloe are the heart and soul of the game. Kate is just another character.

It's not.
All the shitposting comes from a very small and dedicated bunch that have numerous tactics.
Ignore it.

I'm a yuge Pricefield shipper, but I have nothing against Kate. She'd be a friend to both of them.

Jesus, that fucking rapey h-anime dialogue

>MAX! PLEASE STOP
>AT LEAST YOUR BODY IS HONEST

Jesus. Why can't Kate have a nice, gentle, consensual experience.

Because deep down she really wants a strong assertive woman to take charge of her. But she'll never find one of course.

>DONTNOD Eleven

It's not even the same studio that made LiS, isn't?

pervs gonna perv

Sorry for the late reply kid. Old man Saul needs his beauty sleep.

>That may be true if the people debating were just a handful
No. The number of people is irrelevant.

>Never did. I just stated my opinion on the matter.
Your opinion being that we should stop discussing the endings.

>Yes, that's exactly why i chose this metaphor. Let me explain it to you.
I got it the first time, it was just so self deprecating I wanted to make sure it's what you meant. I would ague we should instead be depriving the fire of oxygen by ignoring it. At the very least it won't spread that way.

Also it implies you've come around to the idea of just letting people discuss the endings? No matter how boring, pointless or purgatorial it has become at this point. Again I am sick to death of the ending discussions. But I think it has a place here.

>i danc provide arguments but i can't provide evidence to support my opnion
Arguments and evidence are not mutually exclusive.

>Would you kindly stop harping on about it?
Alright.

>i take issue with debating wether or not one ending might be "better"/"morejustifiable justifiable" than the other.
The debate itself is fine by me. Again, you have to let people chase their own tails if they want to. The issue is that it leads to people attacking one another and not their arguments. But people arguing poorly on Veeky Forums isn't a problem that you fix.

>take issue with debating wether or not one ending might be "better"/"morejustifiable justifiable" than the other.
If you chose one ending over the other than you thought one was better and possibly more justifiable.

>utilitarism to be inhuman in this particular case
If you sacrifice Chloe because you can't stand the guilt of """"""""""sacrificing""""""""""" Arcadia. That seems pretty human to be me. Because I don't know you definition of a 'human choice' I can't really say though.

>Well, I really enjoy discussing with Saul.
Back at ya kid.

Discussion Question

How would Chloe's feelings for Max change if she found out Joyce died in the storm?

Shake that boney white ass!

I think it took them awhile to get to know each other. Rachel hung with the popular crowd, including The Vortex Club. Chloe wanted nothing to do with them.

Always kiss.

>For Max; confidence and excitement. For Chloe; loyalty and honesty.

It's sad how much I identify with Chloe.

Victoria did something to deserve it. I've never comforted her during the game.

>Chloe thuglife last panel.

Your mom before she had rock grinding against her bare ass.

It was an independent studio named HeSaw that is now associated in someway with DONTNOD.
Don't know if they bought it out or just voluntarily changed names.

>The issue is that it leads to people attacking one another and not their arguments. But people arguing poorly on Veeky Forums isn't a problem that you fix.

Tis true.

>If you sacrifice Chloe because you can't stand the guilt of """"""""""sacrificing""""""""""" Arcadia. That seems pretty human to be me. Because I don't know you definition of a 'human choice' I can't really say though.

I agree. Like I said before, I mainly compared Max to a terrorist to piss off the troglodgyte. Her decision is understandable, but morally it's difficult to justify. In a world without a binary decision to make, she could've saved both without question.

They wouldn't change a bit.
Chloe said whatever choice Max made she would side with, and she stuck to that promise.
Not that that there's need to worry since Joyce survived and was fine after a stay in the hospital.

She will find a good christian boy someday.

And she'll be unhappy with him.

>Chloe said whatever choice Max made she would side with, and she stuck to that promise.

True, but if you'd asked Max whether she would sacrifice the town for anything a few days prior she might have said no.

I'm currently playing episode 3 (I played the first episode a few months ago and bought the rest during the last sales)

I have a few questions and remarks so far (bad English)

1) why is Chloe such a stupid egoistic CUNT?

2) I hope Kate comes back to the school soon, saving her felt very good, I like her.

3) solving how to stop the tornado (last day/chapter) and finding what happened with Rachel or where she is must be the 2 most important goals so far, unless they pull a shamalang" twist with max powers.(I hope not)

4)that Warren mate...poor guy, why doesn't he tell max he wants to bang her? He is so stupid and cringey.

5) I got the rich kid expeled, I kind of like David and I think helping him with not voting to stop the cameras will help me in the future.

6) I had a lots of doubts about Rachel's mystery, the game gives you some hypotesis, but now that I know Rachel was involved with Frank, I think the rich kid (don't remember his name) drugged she like Kate, but something went wrong and he/they killed her.

I'm gonna try to finish the game tomorrow and check the thread, it's a great game so far!

>2) I hope Kate comes back to the school soon, saving her felt very good, I like her.
Nope. They only shoehorned in a Kate scene into Episode 4 to appease fans. And she's barely in Episode 5 at all.

A few days prior Max was not even thinking of the storm as something possibly related to her.
It was, and still is, just a storm that came and left.

>1) why is Chloe such a stupid egoistic CUNT?
She's been physically assaulted by her step-dad, date raped by a rich asshole and betrayed by her lost girlfriend after losing her father and her best friend. How would you be holding up?

That's not what Chloe and Max thought.