/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 19th:
1419 – Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England, completing his reconquest of Normandy.
1871 – Franco-Prussian War: In the Siege of Paris, Prussia wins the Battle of St. Quentin. Meanwhile, the French attempt to break the siege in the Battle of Buzenval will end unsuccessfully the following day.
1883 – The first electric lighting system employing overhead wires, built by Thomas Edison, begins service at Roselle, New Jersey.

>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

based

Xth for wat now?

Stop blobbing

Why hasn't he hung himself yet?
Don't use this thread it's too early
Sage

I said Prussia, not you. At but I'm not

Should
I
encourage
intellectuals
in
colonies?

Rojava to the top

It's not really blobbing for Indonesia to take its natural borders and unite its language group.

No

Neither based nor white

Rate my großgermaniums and yurop

Stop making threads before the bump limit so you can edit the OP image, you fucking sperg

wrong board

someone post war in the east

>sumatra
>natural borders

/mbg/ fag here, I've decided to give EUIV a try and I'm liking it so far, I think I understand trade which is one of the hairy topics in the game, but I'm having problems with land warfare, my armies get fucked even against 4 times smaller armies I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, my morale is at top and I've played just as powerful nations so far. I'm using art of war DLC, I don't know if that changes anything.
Also I'd like to know if it is worth buying the rights of man DLC.

Sumatra is one of the core islands of Indonesia. What is your point?

u too

weapons grade autism.

Shit mean't
>Borneo

In EU4 Extended Timeline, what are some fun states to start as/goals?

>inb4 uninstall.exe etc.
I'm asking those 3 people who actually enjoy EU4 even if it's simplistic as fuck.

well, 2, since I'm one of them

Maybe you're behind in tech or you wasn't careful about terrain when attacking/defending etc.?

Redpill me on how to play madagascar, /gsg/

I hope everyone here sees that I've made my thread, my way this time. This is a message to you fucking idiots who think you can make a thread with your updated infopic and without MY REPORT AND IGNORE POST

This is MY FUCKING GENERAL, and if you think you can take it from me, you're dead fucking wrong, because I'll just delete your dumbass thread

Good bait
sage

Based

Reported

long boy

Fuck off back to /pol/

Westernize and industrialize

Borneo is also one of the core islands of Indonesia. A fully realized "gross-but-not-overblobbed" indonesia would logically not have borders drawn halfway across an island, and would include all the Malay-speaking lands.

All we're seeing here is present-day Indonesia with Malaysia and a few very tiny breakaway countries (SG, Brunei, Timor L'este) annexed.

Meant for

>In EU4 Extended Timeline, what are some fun states to start as/goals?
Nazi Germany, Win WW2

I think I'm going to leave this thread for a bit. I don't find it particularly enriching at the moment.

cool beans, please alert us when you return

Yo I'm playing as persia in HPM, with that NNMHPM thing from the pastebin that brings back ahistorical shit from NNM. Everything's been going fine before now, but I just got the silver age event and the game crashes whenever I mouse over the Amir Kabir or Dar Al Fuun decisions. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking of just like tag switching to another nation then switching back so the AI takes the decisions, but they'll probably fuck up my shit so I'd rather not

It's probably not compatible with the latest HPM.

which scenario lads

Battle for Tunisia

Why not, thanks

bulge to the rhine

That's fucking awful.
At least EU4 improved borders a bit.

>that border gore
>france blob all over the pace
this takes me back

Anyone knows when M&M is coming out?

M&M?

Monks and Mystics, the new CK2 expansion. Have you been living in a cave?

ah fuggg I was worried that was the case, guess I'll have to restart. muh byzzies tho

Germany is pretty fun but the influence minigame is pretty uncomfy

Based mods.
Discord group BTFO

we were unironically posting on topic in the other thread
well back to this shithole I guess
FUCK YOU R&I

HPM only commented the decision out, you can add it back easily.

>fireden hadn't archived it yet
why is it so useless? /mu/s archive is way better

what's a good number of clergy for a state

4 % if you have shit literacy
Also, max out edu spending

New, proper op pic

>the op doesn't link to the actual last thread
so this is the power of autism... woah

>spam threads to shitpost
>get his thread deleted
>do it again

where are my railroads going?

R&I literally makes the thread wrong just to get his autistic little post in
see

To whatever island you own or something

>this my thread

Rate my Mughaliums

Tired of seeing groß preussianiums every thread

I'm done with this save, done every thing i wanted

going for a gross mongoliums now

>Old Thread (Cross-thread)
>literally not the old thread
What the fuck is this autism

>blobbing in persia

Yeah I did, sorry. Been busy with work these past couple days. Many thanks, as usual. The suggestions were great.

Sorry lads, gotta step out for a bit. When I back I'll post some Bulge to the Rhine

Whatever dude. Doesn't change the facts that I do what I want in the OP. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, because you're just discordplaza.

I can tell you're a fucking discordplaza too
I linked to that one because the 'last' thread isn't mine, I linked to the last of my threads because it's only a real gsg thread if I make my post you fucking idiot

I only own this island

anyway where should I exapnd? there's not much out to the east

Actual last thread btw:

Maybe it's just a bug

Grab a bit of Africa like the UK did with the french

t. cobra falseflag

yeah what in the absolute fuck, why does he do that

he pretends any thread he didn't make doesn't exist and it's a legitimate inconvenience sometimes

it's also bizarre and petty

are you finishing the China run completely then uploading it? or are you storing enough of it so when you do start posting, you have enouugh content to satiate /gsg/ whilst you finish it.

fuck off with your retarded meme mod

>bizarre and petty
Lad he will make threads literally 50+ posts early such that a few threads ago, not only was the last thread still alive when the new one was made, the thread BEFORE LAST was still alive.
We literally had 3 full fucking threads up - not thread wars, literally 650+ posts in each one.

actually you're probably this goy, not cobra

If that's the case why are you saging your own thread?
Your posts don't bump this thread.

finally!

rate

Reminder to move to the other thread which has less shitposting.

Wait Coalitions can declare war too? I thought it was only for defense...

an OP can't bump their own thread, can they?

Why the fuck is madagascar near brazil?

No, they are offensive too. They are pretty much going to declare a coalition war as soon as one of them feel they can win.

r8 this ebin maymay xDDDD

Pretty sure they can, just not if they're the only IP.

They can when it's over 50 posts.

Well fuck me.

It's written in the wiki that they can lad.

You are pretty much fucked, yes. When a coalition declared an offensive war the AI is pretty sure that they can win.

I never go anywhere on Veeky Forums other than here, are any other generals as autistic as /gsg/?

nice meme/10
Don't see the point tho

Hey man, that's not cool

Yes, several are worse than here

name them

>this thread has 30 IPs
>the discord group thread is basically the OP, his phone and 3 discord guys talking to each other
lmao

I disagree. Even the gulags are better than this place when it gets into a feeding frenzy.

I just figured it worked like it does in CK2

Invading Europe was a mistake. I should of went for Africa.

I made this custom nation very military focused so maybe I can win...

SC2
KSG
KSPG
SS13
UTG
any of the assfaggots generals
Not even him.

What reforms should I be enacting at this point? I'd rather go in the direction of absolute monarchy than constitutional monarchy.

No, it can't be any more different. They are different games, why would they work the same?

>/ksg/
On yeah, forgot that exists