Can anyone recommend a universal smartphone windshield mount that isn't a complete piece of garbage?

Can anyone recommend a universal smartphone windshield mount that isn't a complete piece of garbage?

The ones I've tried in the past either the suction cup constantly doesn't stay, or the bracket that holds the phone breaks.

Either way I want a good one.

Bonus points if I can get it on amazon.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Suction-Universal-X-Grip-Holder-RAM-B-166-UN7U/dp/B0066BWMNU/
amazon.com/gp/product/B016C2UYQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/dp/B00PC29ETE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=R3PYMDC1QMEU&coliid=I3W4QBAT7C6FT3
amazon.com/dp/B00BAQKRHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FpMLyb2NYAJ83
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I gave up on suction mounts OP. I just use a vent clip now.

711 has these. The box doesnt show much which is why im hesitant on it.
Should i?

I have one of the clippy bendy ones like you posted OP, works great

Did you wipe your windshield with an alcohol wipe, then let it dry?

Did you lick the suction cup before applying it to the windshield?

This one.
amazon.com/Suction-Universal-X-Grip-Holder-RAM-B-166-UN7U/dp/B0066BWMNU/

I did glass cleaner and wet the suction cup with water. It stays for a bit, but falls off in about a week.

In the summer, it usually falls off in a day.

It looks promising, but my windshield is pretty far from the driver's seat. It doesn't look like the arm is long enough to reach the phone.

I'll look into it though. Thanks!

You're doing it wrong. I've had 2 iottie ones and they've never fallen off. The first one was causing sticky residue to run down the windshield after 2.5 years. 16 bucks for 2.5 years is a good enough value.

You can get all the parts separately, and they make longer arms and double balls to connect two arms together.

I use this
amazon.com/gp/product/B016C2UYQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I use the sticky part to mount it to my dash. the ball joint that directly connects the phone has a pathetic lock so I altered the arm by raising it back so it stands straight and that keeps my phone from dangling.

Are you sure you're using the suction cup correctly? Mine didn't work til I figured out you had to pull a lever to actually activate the suction cup while holding it in place to get it to stick

RAM mounts

amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i like mine, It works, and theres no bullshit

use CD mount and the neck on the casing for the phone broke off because my car vibrates like an earthquake. Just super glued that bitch back together and it's been fine.

Put it on when the glass is hot as fuck. Heat makes the air expand, and will pop it off if you put it on while it was cold.

I use the iOttie One Touch 3 currently and I used to have a One Touch in my old car.

They work really fucking well - the first One Touch from iOttie never budged from my windshield through 3 summers and 4 winters and I'm sure it would've held there for years more to come. There is a residue after a few years, but you don't notice it if you don't want to remove the mount and it doesn't drip or anything - it's just left behind on the windshield. It can also be cleaned up pretty easily.

The One Touch 3 is even better because it has an extension mode to move it close to me. Never use the suction cup directly if you're going to mount on your dash though, always use the plastic disc with the sticky base first.

i have been hesitant as well. what about muh air flow? i love me my a/c

Kenu airframe is what you want.

It won't blow directly but I will help cool the car. The vent clip also helps to cool the phone.

>Kenu airframe
this

my phone is freezing after a drive though

Verizon is an evil and dishonest company.
BUT, they sell a generic mount for 20 bucks that's better than everyone else's.
I've been using mine for 3 years. It's great.

Why not just use the one in your pic?

it looks ayy lmao

Use a CD slot mount. Windows mounts are garbage. Vent mount are better but still not very good. CD slot master race:

amazon.com/dp/B00PC29ETE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=R3PYMDC1QMEU&coliid=I3W4QBAT7C6FT3

Nite Ize Steelie. On Amazon... God tier

Nite Ize Steelie Car Phone Mount Kit for Cellphones, Magnetic Dash Mount amazon.com/dp/B00BAQKRHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FpMLyb2NYAJ83

/Thread

This