/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Keoaruboru
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lagombi a cute. Cute!

Why are American players so awful and rude?

Because everyone around them are just as awful.

Hey guy who maintains the pastebin, could you please put in a timestamp to reflect the last time changes were made?

You mean Mexicans and Canadians?

Anyone else still watching the stories anime?

Oh shit son, you're getting a cyborg body with the traits/powers of a monster of your choosing. Which and why?

Can't I get a monster body with the traits of a cyborg?

How about the cyborg body can look like anything you want.

I want to be a cyber Lagi!

Shit, that's not easy.

64-1411-3835-8388

MHGen, doing some Hr6 Jho. pls come hunt with me

im tired of the frenchies, spics, and idiots using the wrong elements and having no armor skills

Who even gets sleepy after hunting for an hour? Honestly

This is a hentai isn't it

>"Hey user you want to do some hunting? I need some materials"
>Alright but there's a few thing I need afterwards
>Time passes
>Okay you've got what you wanted I'll just select my que-
>"I think I've had enough for now user"
>Never get anything I wanted done

Source?

I love monhun in hentai

>Room for Deviljho
>Shitter Spic with incomplete set joins room
>"Okay here we go"
>Dies twice during the quest
>Afterwards, posts his own quest
>Everyone else in the room either joins his or leaves

fuck this shit man, i just want some MH friends who are competent that i can hunt with

Hey I have an incomplete set...I just don't want to grind for armor, I'm not shit I swear

What.? Please don't kick me..!

Rajang. Super saiyan and energy beams.

Alatreon so I can fuck the rest of you nigs with the element of your undoing.

Haven't played generations in like 6 weeks, have I missed anything? Nope? Didn't think so.

lucent narga for agility and invisibility

pic related

Where did his wings go?

Back in 4U firsts days, I could play easily by 5 hours and still keep playing for another 5 hours more.
Now, I do 5 hunts and feel really tired and sleepy.

Its okay son, you can stop trying to keep this general alive. Generations is so bad that even cuteposting can't quell the dumpster fires and autism wars this game brings. We truly are living in the end times...

Remember when there was actually a sense of belonging and happiness in this general? Remember taking your time, and having fun while hunting?
Remember meeting that one hunter that grew alongside you?
Remember the selection of varying monsters to hunt?
Remember making random sets to hunt one thing for, just because there was always one friend that was down for everything?
Remember those Lr hunters that eventually grew to your level, if not beyond?
I remember when the demo was still new.
Now, was I talking about 3u or 4u?

Trick question, you were talking about Tri.

Smart boy...
Sad the servers are down

>nostalgia about a 2 year old game
#justnintenyearoldthings

i was expecting diablos t b h

>Generations is so bad that even cuteposting can't quell the dumpster fires and autism wars this game brings.
No, the thing that's currently "killing" this general is the constant bitching, emofaging and shitposting by autists such as you and . I mean, holy shit, why can't this fucking general actually try to be positive for once?

They should release a Monster Hunter that makes me feel positive while playing it. MHX doesn't do that for me.

shitposting takes much less effort

>positivity
>Veeky Forums

It's nice that it gives the viewer a little time to get used to Cheval being a mellow nice guy before his mom gets killed and he goes full edgelord, since the game has that happen almost immediately after character creation

I'm not a fan of them making the monsters exclusively cgi, but it's a glorified advertisement aimed at seven year olds so I don't expect much

There were times. There was football. I remember being in a 4 man football room and getting someone's gog urgent done. Guild quest 140s were fun too.

Yeah why the hell aren't we having those anymore? Probably because we're dead. Football rooms and everyone using the same weapon class was fun as hell. So much fun during the 4U demo, I got like 50 hours on the damn thing before the game was released.

Could someone explain the hate towards Gen to me? I feel that if there is broken stuff in the game like absolute readiness then you could just choose to avoid picking it. Is it the mere presence of stuff like that or is the problem with the monsters/story/game itself?

I've got a ton of petty gripes from LOD distance to not being able to leave the hub while online that many of which are harmless but the sheer number of them tells me the game was half-assed
At least they tried to add new concepts I guess and it's still fun, just not as good as other titles

too many gathering quests.
it's too easy, leading to a general lowering of skill across the playerbase
kept 4u maps despite acknowledging ledge-filled maps were a mistake

>acknowledging ledge-filled maps were a mistake
source? also if that is true then why the fuck did they add ledges to every fucking returning map

Pacing and the villager requests.

the returning maps have much more sparse ledges, and they usually arent high ledges.

I was with you in that gog urgent, brother man.

Low Rank user from yesterday night, really stressed about bullshit so I figured I'd make an /mhg/ room for some Low Rank checkmarking autism if anyone is interested. Gear down, we'll take turns.

03-5435-4478-9015

What are some weapons to learn while trying to get gud? I'm new to the series and I've cheesed 4U with IG and Gen with Aerial but I want to get rid of my mount cheese habits

Fellow LR user here. I'll be there soon if the room is still up.

Still up. OO--

Unable to find the room, user. You sure you have the ID correct?

Fuck me, it's 5434

It happens, man.

Then make me feel positive user. Please tell me how XX is going to save MH and balance the styles and arts. Tell me how a switch based MH with paid online is going to make me feel my money is well spent while kicking 90% of the players because their balls have literally yet to drop. Tell me how styles and hunter arts are not going to be in MH5 with Capcom risking reduced sales because the game wasn't "accessible" enough.

Make me feel positive user. Can you do that?

Oversaturation of gathering quests in village and hub quests. Villager requests are treated as urgent quests meaning that deliver white liver quest with shit RNG you helped the host with doesn't count for you. Deviant ticket system is just as retarded, meaning that if you did a 1-10 without posting and you're missing tickets for your lv.7 armour piece, guess what? You now have to start from the first level and crawl your way up or go to rooms and beg for someone to post for you. Bonesquid sucks and hunter arts and styles seem like they were not properly balanced due to this game being presumably shoved out the door to rake in money. All of this and more has amalgamated to the player base dying off in record time, even in japan.

I could go on but I'm tired and and frankly sick of talking about how this series isn't getting any better. Feels exactly like the player drop off from Freedom Unite while ushering a new league shit kids while I'm still here pretending everything is still as good refusing to move on. I just don't think I can keep doing this to myself. I have seen old hunting buddies get married, have kids, and even expire R.I.P John, while I'm still here slowly growing bitter about this series' direction. But I understand now. The same series that I felt was especially tailor made to my interests and challenge level is no longer bringing me the joy and excitement it once did over 10 years ago.

It's your kids time now.

technically isn't it better to start from 10 then go down to 1 if you want tickets?

>He fell for the elemental weapons meme

>realize i forgot to bring steaks and didnt grab any rations
>go to get ration
>chameleos dies
HOW. EMBARRASSING.

Bye faggot
don't come back

what the unholy fuck is that.

Keoaruboru

Sounds like a website for naked anime girls.

Does anyone have charm tables (not values) for this game yet? I've done a shiiiit load of farming and haven't gotten a single handicraft talisman.

Yes I know, handicraft is shit.

Cham tables get reset every time you boot the game. Nobody's gonna fuck with that.

Holy balls that some real fucking cancer right there.
>Frontier
Surprise surprise.

>Zenith Rathalos sets the health bar on fire

couldn't have been datamined?

>Deadpool rathalos rips your healthbar out.

I pretty much just tune in for Lute.

And my kokoro

Yea, that seemed real rushed. Never even met the mother in the game.

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Keoaruboru

Blazing Peak Dragon

Is that what Rathian calls Seregio's dick?

What do you guys think of MH streamers? I noticed there are a few people that stream on twitch but they only have about 15 - 50 people usually watching them.

Should join them and fuck some monsters up.

Zenith Los is really interesting since compared to a lot of other Zenith monsters and even most G, he hits really light.

But on the other hand he's the king of just burning your health into red health instead since he's got a Teo aura when lit up, can create some fire patches that also hurt, and then the max health reduction madness.

And fuck fighting him with an SnS.
Can't reach his wings worth shit.

Oh don't worry my boy. I'm actually relieved because I won't have to worry about kicking kiddies like you from my hub anymore. Enjoy doing that when you have to pay money for a subscription. ;^)

I watch some live TAs on niconico every now and then but otherwise I don't see the point of watching someone casually play the game when I could just boot it up and play myself.

They apparently play with viewers a lot so it might actually be enjoyable.

I played with Team Darkside once while they were streaming MH4U and they were trash.

I like them, but unfortunately MH isn't that visually appealing of a game so you get a lot more enjoyment out of playing than watching.

Which makes me sad when you consider how beautiful of a game it could be.

Even hype weapons like GS are better off as webms and gifs rather than full videos usually unless its a TA. Kinda strange how that turns out.

No N3ds power boost, and giant UI. I'm fine with the game, but those problems ruin the experience.

Altraeon IG with Silverwind Set, 60% Affinity, better to run with Crit Element+Dragon Atk +1 or just Dragon Attack+2?

against monsters weak to dragon of course.

It's just not really that entertaining of a game to watch in my opinion.

Even when someone isn't grinding a single monster it's still a very repetitive cycle that isn't exactly thrilling in the long run.
Plus the downtime between hunts can be a drag if you aren't in the game itself.