What is required reading for someone who wants to become financially literate?

What is required reading for someone who wants to become financially literate?

Financially literate at what level?

It's a broad range between making a household budget or calculating compound interest on your savings account and figuring out the true value of a coco-bond given financial reports or predicting the futures market.

Most people can't even handle the former...

I'm fuckin tired and about to go to bed, but I'll get you a longer list in the AM. You can start with something basic, like Rich Dad Poor Dad. There's some storytelling but it's a very good piece on passive income and real estate. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is godlike. Also, The Richest Man in Babylon by Og Mandino. These are just a few off the top of my head.

TL;DR
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Richest Man in Babylon by Og Mandino

Rich Dad is garbage designed to sell seminars.

Richest Man in Babylon is legitimately important.

>figuring out the true value of a coco-bond given financial reports or predicting the futures market.
This level.

I won't argue with that. The time and effort required for that passive income to amount to anything is fucking retarded, and it's wrapped in his marketing scheme. He does not practice what he preaches. He does cover some general topics about real estate that are decent, but you did remind me how bad it is.

>Richest Man in Babylon
What is it about?

The richest man in babylon is by samuel clason. Not og mandino

A series of parables about how to not be a poor piece of shit.

It's a short read and an audio reading of it should be on youtube

This

Nothing. You fucking moron.

This is why you'll always be poor. You're making poor people rich by buying their books teaching you how to become rich. Cucked.

If there was a guide to it, everyone would be rich because it would work. It doesn't. It's bullshit. It's just temporary feel good motivation for middle aged divorced losers who spend all their money in the hopes of making it. 1% of people make it. The other 99% spend their time reading books.

Just do it, it's not that difficult. Stop spending your time trying to get rich quick and supporting these con artists. No one cares about your ideas. They're useless if you don't do anything about them.

>implying I'll actually buy these books instead of borrowing or pirating them
>implying I'm asking you people how to just get rich without time or effort
>implying I think you people know some magical secret to getting rich.
>"cucked"

Go vent spleen elsewhere, fagtard.

>Financially literate at what level?
I know how to make a budget and calculate compound interest, but that's about it. I mainly just want to gain a better understanding of how money works, since it's such a central part of life.

Thanks bro.

He said "financially literate" he's not buying into the get rich quick memes. (I hope)

>I know how to make a budget and calculate compound interest, but that's about it. I mainly just want to gain a better understanding of how money works, since it's such a central part of life.
Anything in particular that interests you? Like why we're so affected by economic forces? Do you want to start a business? Or do you want to start investing because you've realized the power of compounding?

First become illiterate, One must unlearn in order to learn.

Second, wire me all your money in your bank account.

kek

>how money works

Or how business works? Which one?

Here's what I can tell you...

I know 2 millionaires... both are relatively dumb, with an IQ around 90... they both are racist... which actually seems to be important, because what I've now noticed, is that rich people understand tendencies in different races, which helps in business apparently.

And the one I spend the most time around loves negotiating... to the point where he literally walks around with 20k cash in his pocket, and tries to negotiate EVERYTHING he buys, even in retail stores... or with regular people.. he says he feels like he lost if he doesn't negotiate the best deal possible, even though he doesn't even need the extra money. Funny thing is, I recently started listening to "the art of the deal" and Donald Trump said the same thing.

Have they actually shown you official IQ tests they've taken? I find that hard to believe

Yes, actually... I grew up around the one... and we took a legit IQ test together when we were around 18 years old.

He scored lower than all my friends.

I always figured you had to be a total poopsock to become rich lol.

Seriously though, all recommendations are good. Anything that can be considered a worthwhile guide in terms of personal finance, or business, or markets in general. Why isn't there a newfags' guide in the sticky? I think that would eliminate a lot of the repetitive questions that get asked here.

Chances are he just read "The Art of the Deal" and followed its advice. It was a very popular book back in the day. I know my dad loves it a lot. Hell he probably just paraphrased a quote from the book even.

Sadly you have to become aware of racial tendencies, as you put it. AKA tribalism. You have to become aware of peoples subconscious behaviors when dealing with life. You might not know it but black people tend to hire other black people, women tend to hire women, and so on and so forth.

IQ tests are interesting because there are many out there and there really isnt a set standard yet.

Really though if you want to excel in life you must learn people and learn them well. Find a job that requires you to interact with all sorts of people. You will learn people inside out and will be able to maneuver through life with ease.

Security Analysis by Graham and Dodd. I don't know expect anyone to actually read this because it's fucking huge. If you accidentally drop this book on your cat you'd kill it.

is there a version of this meme with pepe instead of feels wojack?

>my anecdote of successful friend with lower IQ means anything.

The g factor(I.e. General intelligence) is THE number one trait correlated with success. See "The bell curve" by Murray. Interesting fact, it's illegal for employers to test intelligence with the exception of the military.

That being said. He probably has a higher drive and better social skills than you.

Rich dad poor dad. Then any others and never stop.

You are my hero user. U rich yet?

Cocksucker detected... please tell us how rich u are by shunning the number 1 personal finance book of all time that changed my life forever? Do tell user. Hoe many millions...? We will wait u neetfag

"He does not practice what he preaches."

HE FUCKING SAID HE WAS A C STUDENT AT BEST AND INVESTS WITH RICH PEOPLE. START BUSINESSES, SHIT OUT CONTENT TO NORMIS, PROFIT. HOW THE FUCK IS HE NOT DOING THAT.

Faggot. Robert kiyosaki was retired a multimillionaire before he wrote the book. Learn for yourself rather than jump the steeple train dumbass.

Dumbass cunt.... the simple act of trying to find the easy way out. "Borrow or pirate" is why u will stay poor.

That being said if you promise me you will read my books I have about 100.

Strange. I know like 20 multimillionaire and they are racist too... fucking all of them... odd...

What the fuck