Should I get a mustang?

I've been looking for a RWD/AWD sub-15k fun car and mustangs are plentiful, specifically the 06-10 design (SN195?), and surprisingly cheap to insure (coming out at a dollar more than my Honda that has bare minimum coverage /w full finance coverage for the mustang)
I know the aftermarket is plentiful, but I've always been kinda meh towards those mustangs, especially since aside from the SN95 it's my least favorite mustang design, as I prefer the '11-13 style.
Any owners? Give me an idea of what it's like to own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

mustangandfords.com/project-vehicles/mmfp-0810-2003-ford-mustang-cobra-project-part-1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought no you gotta be careful with these types of cars. I feel like kids and other idiots like to rip on these cars super hard core

get a 5.0 or don't bother. or save longer and get a 2015+ gt.

I own a new edge, its an awful lot of fun and the aftermarket is endless. The v6s aren't absolutely terrible but the 5.0 speaks for itself.

They go fast and occasionally attract attention.
Gotta be careful around idiots like another poster mentioned.

Get one if
>you're a shit driver
>have a small dick
>have a gf who is a whore
>regularly drink Monster

This

Mustangs before 2014 are just ugly and buying a V6 Mustang is inexcusable unless you're 16. Get the GT if you must get a Mustang.

Subaru's will rev at you
Cops will assume you're speeding
You'll only be able to drive in straight lines
And you'll probably crash it at some point

Before 2015*

get the 5.0 manual

Get a car thats been looked after by a owner that isnt a retard

t. got rekt at a stoplight race in his Civic

Nah more like my buddy's shoulder got pertmanently fucked when a shitstang owner rolled his car of a (small) cliff. I do drive an Si though, you are right about my car at least. I don't do stoplight races because, well, I've got nothing to prove; that and I am comfortable with my masculinity unlike most mustang drivers

Have a nice day bro, try not to spin out or lose control of your vehicle today

The 2014 looks better, the one looks like a fish with a wide open mouth.

Stop being insecure, no wonder you drive a SI fagget.

Do it OP, can't go wrong with either the V8 or the v6 as long as they are past 2011 models with the newer engines.

>"don't be insecure"
>"bruhh my car is faster than yours"
>"you gotta get the v8 man more power!"
you are a walking (since you don't have a car kek) paradox

E46 M3

I assume OP doesn't want to spend every weekend at the mechanic's

>talks about insecurity
>recommends a mustang of all things
O i am laffin
Enjoy that autotragic 5.slow

Depends, you want to die?

Yes

Get a 5.0 OP my brother has a 13 in a convertible automatic and he loves it. I have a 2015 ecoboost with a manual which is faster than the 4.6

That pignose is ugly

Get a terminator cobra, a pully and tune will make it faster than any slighly modded camaro ss or 5.0, or srt. Port that and now you are in gt350 hp territory. Schill like that for a while, save money, then buy a twin screw and now you are in hellcat + territory. Only issue is the interior

>350R territory.
Wrong.

Plus the Cobra is expensive as fuck, might as well get a 5.0 2014

sn195 are terrible, i agree
if you're looking to get a mustang (like me)
here's what you need to know

>mustangs before '10 are underpowered
>mustangs after '10 have the new engines
>after '14 they got a facelift

I hadn't considered a mustang until now but you make it sound like the perfect car for me except for the gf part. I don't have a gf.

You're fucking retarded, a ported eaton with a smaller pulley will easily make GT350 hp.

mustangandfords.com/project-vehicles/mmfp-0810-2003-ford-mustang-cobra-project-part-1/

>HP =/= Acceleration
Plus, the 350r is track oriented, the Terminator needs more than just HP to match it.

I traded my 2010 Mustang for a C5 Corvette.

>sub 14k
>faster than Mustang
>insurance is less because its older
>not owned by every kid in town

If you're on a budget the 2011-2014 Mustang GT track pack is almost unbeatable. You get brembo brakes, better chassis tuning, and upgraded radiator. No matter what do not get a mustang with the 4.6. It's a fucking boat anchor and not worth the metal its made out of.

But that describes a Subaru owner.

were talking straight line speed, lets be real op is not going to be a track star, he most likely will be a street warrior like most. For one the GT350 is most likely out of OPs budget, but for arguments sake i disagree about the termi not being faster in a straight line. The gt350 is a High revving V8, meaning threes no one home down low, where the termi has instant torque for days. Port that blower and you have a 550 HP/TQ car with more instant torque and power, while also being lighter than a GT350. Of course the 350 is a better all around car with great handling, but the termi also has a IRS that should be more than sufficient for typical road use. Yes the termi is going up in price, but that makes it one hell of an investment. Its one of the few cars you can actually drive and have fun with, while still being able to sell it down the line for about as much as you got it for, hell maybe more. There will always be a new V6 and GT mustangs which means they depreciate like rocks. There will never be a new SVT car which is why the shit examples with 120000+K can still break 15K in price.

I second this.
2010 and older Mustangs are trash. They eat gas like God knows what and they can get walked by a modern high end Accord.

2011+ or bust.

t. 2014 GT premium w/ Brembo pack

Unless you get a termi, which a clean one will cost around 25-30k, or a Mach 1, clean for 13-20k

They are 4 valves and are so easy to make more power out of. With little money you can give the newer 5.0 a run for their money

Agreed get a 4.6 ONLY if its the DOHC, those version of the 4,6 are actually good engines that manage to get BETTER mpg while being more powerful than their SOHC counter parts. If you want something modern then a 2011+ GT will work, you get the coyote which is a great high revving V8 with plenty of potential out of the box, look into
1996 -2004 SVT Cobras
2003-2004 Mach 1
07+ Shelby (may still be expensive)
11+ GT Mustangs (i say 2013 are the best bang for the buck atm, they are cheap thanks to the 2015 GTs while still being more powerful than 2011s)

>tfw good termis in deep south texas go for 20k... soon.....

Lucky. I'm searching for a good Mach 1 in my area and termis are crazy expensive around here even ones clearly shit on

I'm looking at a 2007 mustang gt with full exhaust, cai, comes with some tuner for $9000. Has 65k miles.
Should I do it guys? Or should I just avoid it like you guys are saying.
I'm ready to dump my 99 civic.

>actually suggesting paying $20k for a 10+ year old mustang

the interior is shit, the exterior is dated as fuck, and you can buy a used 2015 mustang GT for $4k more that is faster stock.

Plus the S550 has a ton of parts offered through Ford themselves

i'd have a mechanic look at it before buying it as that mod list is a sure sign of someone who drove the car hard.

the 2005-2009 mustangs aren't bad cars. Stock they can hit 60 in 5 seconds and their is a huge aftermarket for the 4.6 as you probably know

The MY 2015 Ecoboosts resale drop like a motherfucker.

Oh, it's from a friend. The car is clean. Everyone is saying here to get the 5.0 and this has the 4.6 in it. Would you get it?

Save yourself the trouble and get a challenger

Patience is key, whether its a mach 1 or termi just keep looking maybe expand your search area you will find one eventually.
depends op going from a 99 civic to a 07 GT is enough of a jump, you dont need a coyote unless you have the extra cash. Price seems okay as long as you check that shit out good. What is your budget anyway?
Ill agree on the interior, but the exterior? i know looks are subjective and all, but in this day and age of ANGRY cars i think the exterior has aged well especially for the cobra. The 2015 GT would be a better car for those who just want a V8 and had the money for it, i feel the termi is really only a good buy only when you want termi, you also get to drive a snake car around which gives you instant rep all while being able to get cheaper HP out of it.

Who gives a fuck about the interior. You're buying a muscle car to go fast.

Exterior looks are subjective but objectively the new edge styling is one of the best mustang styles

it all depends on your budgot op, the 4.6 is still such a huge upgrade from your shit box so you wont be missing much. It is no coyote, but it is no civic either. Also don't trust a car just because it is a friends....

Price is a touch high imo. I bought an 05 gt with 63k miles for 6500. But if all the shit was installed properly (exhaust) and you wouldn't change it that's a good 700 bucks right there. If it's clean honestly I'd go for it

I don't wanna go over 10k. The 5.0 looks nice but those are around the 20k range and I can't see myself putting in 10k more for a little more HP.
What would you guys do? And there's nothing wrong with the car, a good friend is selling it.

I've been looking mainly on the cars.com app. There's like only 2 white Mach 1s for sale and both are almost 2k miles away.

Guess it allows me to save up more for when one finally comes up. Waiting is getting difficult with all the car shows coming up soon

OP here. First time I've bothered to reply (sorry the answers I got I didn't like)
Only can afford 09 and older mustangs ATM unless a great deal comes up, as 10's start in the high 15k range (my budget is high 14 max) and I don't want a V6
How do they compare against a 2010 Camaro SS? 09 and older specifically, as I just found one for 13.8k and really am considering jumping on that.

I'd get it. See what kind of tuner it is. I'd assume it's bama tuned because it's the most common one for mustangs, and that's alright. See if he'll come down a little cause 9k is a tad high imo, but desu 8 sounds perfect, but otherwise sounds solid

I'm really considering it and will probably get it. It looks nice and is somewhat fast. Thanks for the input, guys.

Guessing you mean 05-09 body style. Gts of that year came with 300 at the crank. 2010 Camarillo has similar numbers.

3v 4.6 sound good as fuck, and you can put respectable numbers down from a few thousand in mods if you wanted.

>similar
This is a 2SS with an LS3 and 415 Hp at the crank, lel
I don't mean to come off as a prick but that was the v6 that pushed similar numbers to the mustang

Ok, I asked and he said he'd take off a lot if he took out the double twin turbo setup thing, he said that makes it a little faster. I don't know much about that, I just copied and pasted what he texted. I forgot the turbo thing. He has two of these and said he'd just switch it over to his if I want it for cheaper.

Uhh is his car really twin turboed? If it was done properly it's worth every bit of 9k

Adding onto this...
But is it still getting the 4.6 over the 5.0 worth it here? he says the 4.6 he would sell me is faster but everyone says the 5.0 is faster.
Still a pretty car and it beats my civic.

true or you never know, maybe a good termi will pop up and you found you have the money for it. Machs were always rare, i think in 2003 more cobras were made than mach 1s

Yeah, that's what he said. Only issue it's a smaller engine than the 5.0. because if I saved up for a few more years I could afford the faster 5.0.

Shit my bad, obviously not too brushed up in my chevy lol.

Well you've got a 100hp difference out of a pretty reputable LS. Guess it comes down to what you like the looks of better.

A twin turboed 3v 4.6 will make at least if not more than a stock 5.0 coyote. Also the price of a 5.0 is currently dropping like rocks. Up to you if you want to wait, but you'll have one hell of a fun time with the twin turbo 4.6

I'm honestly leaning towards the camaro, I've always liked the reboot (blame transformers)
Plus owning a car that actually has a 1:1 power to weight (even just at the crank) sounds really cool

Can't blame ya, they have aged nicely me thinks. You can make them look pretty sinister. Plus you can keep up with the 5.0s running around

I called him and he said that what he has in it makes 700 "give or take" to the wheel. I'm not sure if he meant horsepower, torque, engine, or just power in general. He's been working on this for a long time but wants to move on to one of those newer corvettes as his next build.
Help me out, 2007 mustang now or 2011 in a few years?
And he said he won't go under $9000 for it, and is only doing that because we've known each other since kids. We are best friends and I trust him and wouldn't mind helping him out.

Overall they're pretty good cars, but it's very common for the camshaft phasers to break and it's an expensive fix.

Do you trust yourself from owning a 99 civic to a 700hp rwd sports car? Honest question cause if I've never had experience I'd be scared as fuck lol

If it actually does make that kind of power anyway. Either way, get the 2007 now. Get the taste for it, and save for a good 5.0 later on

I just want something that's fast. I've been in my friends 1997 mustang gt and that thing is pretty fast. I don't know what that makes power wise but hopefully it's something close to it. They would both be running a 4.6. I think I could handle it.

700 is a lot to handle friend. But if you want it definitely go for it but please be careful

9000 for a 700hp mustang? shiet even if he is a good at what he does the motor is definitely hitting its limits of reliability. Are you ready to face the possible odd issues that come from a car making over twice it made stock? It also drives very differently and may not make a good DD as its modded to hell. Also this car is what... 6.5, 7 times more powerful that your shit box? Id get it if its in good condition because 9000 for 700 HP is a steal. But id be VERY careful driving that monster for months, you would no joke need to drive this car into the middle of nowhere and learn to control its power.

his mustang if he didnt have boost on it was making 2015 HP 300ish TQ... This other car is 700 HP and im guessing a bit of turbo lag. Be very careful op if you get it, first time you gun it and those turbos come alive you might lose traction if you dont know wtf you are doing... right into a tree of a crowd of people.

I'd still keep my 1999 shitvic, this will just be a fun weekend car.
Also I just called back and he said it was a Shelby 5.4 engine swap, so yeah I think I'm actually going to get it because that's even better than a 5.0.

Tbh, I just wanna beat this faggot down the street with a modded 2000 civic. Really that's whole reason why I'm buying a mustang. Hopefully this will beat him, he beats my civic all the time.

I'm thinking this is a master troll

If I get it and take out the back seats will that make it faster, the fucker with the modded 2000 civic took out his back seats and he's super fast.

No, he buys fucked up cars and Frankenstein's them together. I remember when he bought this mustang, it was fine until he gutted it and changed the parts from all the other fucked up cars.

well then just get ready for a crazy car, as long as you have a shit box DD then i guess you are okay. Like i said just be prepared for odd things to happen sense this mustang is modded to hell

Thanks, and yeah I'll be careful. I've driven the 1997 mustang gt so I think this should be a little bit faster.
And thanks everyone from the replies, imma get it.

yeah this fucker is trolling

But I'm not though, I know like little to nothing about cars. I come from /g/, I can build you a good PC tho.

Makes a bit more sense then. Why the sudden interest in going fast

Something new and yeah, the guy with the Civic. And I've been wanting a mustang for a long time now.

Sure but they either sound like literal ass or sound boring. Ecoboost engines sound as bad as riced out 1.5L Civics.

>i've driven the 1997 mustang gt so i think this should be a little faster

>1997 mustang gt
>215 HP
>700 HP is a little faster than 200 HP

you got me op either you are stupid or you are an ebin troll

Wait it has 215hp I thought it had like 500hp or something.

they can get walked by a modern high end Accord.

Yeah ok.

I CAN CONFIRM THIS. Crashed my 5.0 S197 at 2 AM. Passed out on the wheel :/

A 2011 V6 (305hp/280torque) Mustang runs a similar 0 to 60 and quarter mile to a 2005-2010 GT (300hp/320torque), and the 2011 GT (412HP/390torque) runs way faster than a v6 2011.
The 2005-2010 GT just can't compete with a 2010 Chevy SS (426hp/420torque, It has way more HP and way better suspension.

cool but you're still missing 4 cylinders from what a proper mustang has. you fucked up.