>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem.

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires. They're even better with an LSD)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=553442
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>yall cowards dont even smoke crack edition
More like retired /mu/ memes edition. Bro, if you're late to the party don't try to play catch-up on another board.
>this poser would drive a miata

What are your thoughts on spacers? I have a 15x8 +25mm wheel with 205/50's and I want the wheels to come out about 15mm more but kinda iffy on them.

Also seems like 15mm aren't sold as bolts ons and I feel like 20mm or 25mm are far too thick for wheel bearing life lol.

And where to get a decent quality full aluminum radiator for cheapish? Ebay?

I personally think its for corny poor teenagers but seeing as we are in the Miata general and its a fairly cheap car that cheap corny teens tend to buy.

do whatever you want, but i personally will think they are hit regardless

Well I don't have stancegod going on either. I have about 2deg of camber with a very decent pick weld height.

that iz sexy as fuuuuuug. i want a fastback miata with go fast stripes

this fastback is a one off made by some dude who comments on jalopnik.

>ordered some meisterr zetacrds and eibach ARBs
will report back next week lads

hung out with Tommy for a bit this afternoon

what did you do/accomplish today?

> can I fit?

What if you're exactly 6'2" and are looking into a mid-late 90s MX-5/Miata?

drive one and figure it out.

its not hard to find one on your local craigslist unless youre in some third world shithole

and if you can't fit. youtube search "miata foamectomy"

Just bought this heaping pile of shit for 1500. R8. Also what should I do to make it not so shit

how long before someone welds the targa in place on an RF and baleets all the convertible mechanisms? also, BRG option for ND when

I convinced my coworker to buy the garage star door bushings by letting him try mine. I seriously forgot how floppy the doors feel without them.

I also bought a bunch of goodies for my NB today
>Direzza DZ102s
>Yellow ricer film for my fog lights
>Hub centric rings for da new rimz
>need lug nuts but can't pick any out.

What do you guys recommend for lug nuts? I want them to be open ended and black.

I kind of thought about getting spacers because my new wheels are 15x6.5 +40 and I wanted a slightly more aggressive stance but in the end, I felt like taking care of my wheel bearings was more important.

>finally found a semi clean classic red NA being parted out near me
>no contact info in the ad

Probably within a couple months
Wonder how soon we'll see some guys delete the whole thing + the trunk lid and craft a proper fastback molded off the RF's sexy lines with just a tiny bit of improvisation to fill out the rest of it

2:30am
bump

Ciao, fellas.

Ciao Bella

That is one ugly Miata. Looks like a sad blob of mustard.

FHOSE HEADLIGHFS LOOK FO FUCKING BAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>craft a proper fastback
that's my only real gripe with the RF miats, I don't think the flying buttresses XJS look suits it. Looks great from the front and sides but from pictures at least the back is a bit less bretty. I imagine the slight weight savings and rigidity gains would be neat too

hey faggots,

i am thinking of tracking my NA in the spring. do you guys happen to know if a hard top is an acceptable replacement for roll bars or do I 100% absolutely have to have roll bars no matter what?

i hate the look of them and the installation looks fairly involved and i am against "modding" so to speak

lol nice. whatd you guys do? you gonna be in his vlogs?

Did a bunch of back-roads hooning in the middle of the night. Smoked the tires, drove fast through the twisties until the brakes started to soften, and took her up to 100 for the first time. Feels pretty good considering it's an NA6 and I've had to do a shitload of work just to get her in driving condition.

Only issue is that the frame is definitely flexing, to the point where I'm getting what feels like torque steer. Hopefully installing a roll bar will fix that.

You need a rollbar regardless

picking this up tuesday

CCP FABRICATION FASTBACK, NEW PIX

cant link their facebook page because newmoot so you'll just have to find it

with regards to the nb version
>"We have been so busy just keeping up with orders that we just simply haven't had time to develop the NB right now. It is coming when things slow down and we can develop it"

still, its so fucking pretty holy shit

i just hung out with tommy, talked shit, took a good look at his R32 GTR and grabbed food.

He didn't film because he was a bit under the weather and didn't really have anything to film as the S12 is still at his buddies shop.

Nice, sounds fun

driversdelta?

Gib me ur thoughts in the ND

Gib me ur thots on the RF

>Weighing down your NA with big wheels and a tryhard top.

Want an RF bretty bad.

Would you prefer a coupe

But I'm 6'4" and overweight. Can I fit?

emails are a thing that exist you goof

RF
>Heavier
>More expensive
>No extra rigitidy
>More electronics to fail
>Only looks good at certain angles
>Less cargo space

Mazda failed by not making a true coupe

As someone who is 6'4" and was overweight, fix that.

If you need easy advice, ask.

Sexy but has big blind spots

RF a best

>Mazda failed by not making a true coupe
You mean targa top. That would have been fucking badass.

Have you ever owned a targa top? It's a pain in the ass.

Anyone have the comic of the guy listening to eurobeat driving a miata crashing off a cliff

On completely stock body panels, it looks like utter shit, they need to have a ton of aggressive aero to even begin to need those headlights.

>ND
test drove one. i like.
>RF
sat in pic related but i haven't driven one. but being able to raise/lower the roof at the touch of a button while the car is moving is the best.

i read that you can only operate the roof at up to 6 mph but no doubt there will be ways to override it as there is in my NC.

don't be a dumb hipster. If you're gonna be tracking your car, you need a roll bar so when your dumb ass spins out and flips your car, your thick skull won't be crushed like en egg shell. The hardtop is NOT rigid in the slightest. It's a fiberglass shell with a glass window. That shit will cave in faster than Trump does to Bannon. Put a roll bar in your car, and leave the rest stock for all I care, I just don't want some dumb snowflake like you getting killed and ruining it for the rest of us.

Test drove both
ND is glorious but just too damn expensive for a miata. A very good buy in a couple years when the used market enters 20k zone and aftermarket matures a bit more. Very excited to see what the revival of mazdaspeed brings to the platform in 2020/21, because it is a VERY good platform.

RF is extremely sexy and you don't really feel the extra weight or notice the marginally slimmer cargo. However I don't know how someone above 6ft would get in it with the roof down, mind almost hits it and I'm under that. Huge blindspots also left me uneasy when merging, if you're someone like me who shoulder checks a lot you need to reprogram yourself to use the blindspot sensors on the mirrors. And thats a lot of trust to put into some finicky sensors in your brand new almost 40k dollar car. Overall too expensive and too gimmicky, a proper fastback would have probably solved all of its issues. I'll still keep my eye out on the aftermaket though, see how much weight savings one can achieve gutting the retractable innards and fabricating a proper fastback. That would be pretty neat.

theoretically, what are the biggest mud tires one could fit on a 3" lifted miats with minimal trimming?

Deleting the components for a soft top and replacing it with a hardtop would save weight and give better aero.

Agreed with the wheels though.

Is it pronounced wankel or vankel

What is the weight difference between the fastback top and the OEM hardtop and the OEM softtop?

Fug that's hot
Its like a slow batmobile

ok, that was what I figured. maybe i am naive, but how do people even roll over on tracks?

What are those taillights called?

Niavity is not the same as being retarded

>hit a pothole hard
>later that night realise the car pulls to the right
>check tire pressure, its fine
>tomorrow morning i am going out to find a shop
>wish me luck lads, i already had bad experience with one garage

whats he doin with those melon

Just a tie rod end m8

Wheel alignment should fix. Worst case new tie rod end and alignment.

Good luck

>Buys the easiest car to work on
>Takes it to a shop the second something is wrong

maybe its his only car and he needs it fixed too fast for diy attempts

Because everyone has an alignment-sensing setup in their dorm room, right?

Anybody else into the beat up battle damage look? I want to do something fun with this thing, but don't really know what. Looking for examples.

is that yours? If so I love it.

drive the piss out of it.

It is. Just got a few months ago. my other car's engine shit the bed so I got this while I saved up to get it fixed. 1.6, 278k on it right now. Seems to pull pretty good still though, for having 90 bhp brand new.

Garage Vary

There's no contact info. There isn't anything at all to reply to. I clicked the thing at the bottom that sends them a notification telling them there's no contact info, but I guarantee he won't check it.

If it's a 1.6 the only reason it's still pulling is the 4.30:1 diff, I'm currently driving a '91 with 280k on the body, but I swapped an '01 VVT motor and '03 6-speed.

Running those with the 1.6 4.30 diff and the thing feels amazing at lower speeds.

at highway speeds it's doing like 3800-4000 rpm, buuuuuuuuut.... Miata

>pic related is said Miata

lord knows id smash,beautiful car user

Thanks, I appreciate that.

You roll by understeering into the grass with your soft ass suspension.

this might as well be miata general

McGard wheel locks. Got mine from Goodwin Racing

Went to the togay but couldn't see anythinf because of the fog, guess i'll go tomorrow..

>tfw I can't sleep and have work in the morning
>tfw reading up on BEAMS 3SGE swaps into Mx-5's.

JUST

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=553442

This is the only swap I'm interested in really.

Best paint job in the thread. God damn is that a hot miata

I get to put my new wheels on this week. I'm pretty excited. I'm also picking up a new fog light tomorrow, to replace the one I melted. I don't know what to do next for the car besides the timing belt. Is that job worth doing by myself?

i want to believe

Is it common to swap the whole drivetrain from NB into NA? Seems like having the best of both worlds.

A true butterface car

pretty gay car op

Wanker.

Textbook butterface.

any one got any good/different exhaust set ups?

You don't believe me? ok lol.

Ive known Tommy for years. He actually helped me pick up my Miata as I dont have a trailer.

>Miata

I too have a huge vagina, OP

you sound like a cuck.

You're the type of guy who wears aviators while driving a Miata, 1 arm hanging out the window. That type of faggot.

You're not cool and your car isn't cool

Sounds pretty cool

I dont own sunglasses. I dont care about being cool or fast (as thats where you are about to go)

Its a fun little car to throw around corners you wouldnt know anything about it as you don't even own a car.

>Don't even own a car
I drive a 2013 Audi TTS

Likely cost more than the thing you live in

Love those wheels