/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Blood Sperm edition

Shrouded by night: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/11/blood-gems-secondary-stats.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delete this

>co-operator pushes me off a ledge as we try to get on the elevator to fight Amy
Goodbye 30,000 echoes

why :^)

stop responding to tripfags

>30000
That's nothing.
>not soloing Amy

I want to share insight
And it's still inconvenient

it pains me to say it but I think the regular beast claws without the rune is a more effective weapon. The moveset on the beast embrace claws is so, so much cooler though. If you can time the R2 combo so you just catch the enemy with it on their approach, you can destroy them with it. And the jump attack is amazing. Pretty much all the embrace claw R2 attacks are great. But the R1s are just so fucking slow compared to the regular claws, which are crazy fast.

I guess the embrace claws are just much more for the heavy R2s and transition attacks, while the regular claws are for the fast R1s

also the dodging on the embrace claws is a little... dodgy.. sometimes

kinda like with the parasite + milkweed rune.

I never really used either the claws or the rune. Would the rune work separately? What does it even do, actually? Does it give you constant beast blood pellet mode?

But it's fun to have a punching bag

Could someone please help me get the rakuyo?
Also help with fishing hamlet in general?

the rune makes you look like an unsightly beast and gives you +15 to temporary transformation

while you have the rune and the claws equipped, you will take significantly less fall damage and you can fall from great heights with relative safety.

To get the Rakuyo, you need to locate the well in the Fishing Hamlet, descend it via a ladder and defeat two shark giants. You're welcome.

What about the permanent beast blood pellet mode? Is it the claws property, or both? Can't I enjoy the benefits of increased physical damage without using the claws?

I see. Thanks for the input.

I know where it is I'm just having trouble killing them.
I meant could I summon someone?

you get that just from the claws; you don't need the rune

So, it's useless without the claws, like Milkweed without parasite? That's a shame. I guess it could come in handy for a Gascoigne cosplay chara.

any tips for fighting pth elder?
he seems like he shouldnt be difficult but he keeps fucking me up

I highly recommend a shaman bone blade. I never used one before that, but FUCK the giant shark/whale things with the anchors, they are goddamn awful.

if you fight that one at the other side from where the ladder is, he will run over at half hp to scream the other one down. right he stops to do that, use the dagger and then watch them murder each other. If you dont have any I think you can buy some with insight.

you can switch weapons after building up beasthood with the claws, but it drains pretty fast (maybe just at normal speed, I'm not sure).

if you have a lot of beasthood, the meter drains really slowly but takes longer to fill

well, all the oaths are pretty useless to be honest. Even with the stamina one I can't really tell if it's working or not

>trying to farm sage's hair
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

these cunts only drop bullets

you need more eyes

Milkweed raises item discovery so it at least does something until you get kos parasite.
I'll try that but I can barely go toe to toe with I haven't even been able to trigger the second one yet

>No gears of war general

I have that eye rune and another one on

>tfw one day there will be no bloodborne general

you need to back up and give the anchor shark giant some space (but make it so you can still run away behind the central column if need be) to bait him into doing his huge lunging anchor combo. The entire time you can see his chest flying at you through the air (for about a half second), you can shoot + parry him and then visceral him.

Just do that twice and hit him with the shaman blade while he's getting up the second time. If he doesn't kill the other, unarmed shark giant, the other giant will probably only have like 100HP left by the time the original one dies

Would I have time to parry with augur?

maybe but I wouldn't risk it

just use a +0 hunter pistol or something. You wont even be swinging your primary weapon until after you've hit them with the shaman blade; just parrying + visceral attacking

Who'd willingly open this door?

Those wanting to assert male dominance.

I might, depending on how many echoes I had and how far away the door was from the lamp

if it's close to the lamp then fuck no; not until I've cleared everything else in the layer anyway. I hate getting killed by those fucks while idling at the lamp

Okay thanks I got them, shaman bone blade didn't kill them but it did rip chunks out of their health so I could finish both off with blacksky eye without getting destroyed.

>implying anyone on /bbg/ can assert male dominance

so ive been farming these pth elders in ihyll for awehile now and i havnt had a +bolt or +fire secondary for awhile now, is it even possible?
as on the thing in the OP for best gem set ups it just says "+2nd stat" or something but the next one says (for the isz triangle ones) "+bolt" or "+fire" or whatever depending on which one you want. so im assuming its not possible to get a +fire or +bolt ones in ihyll?

the cold abyssals btw

>finally finish gem farming
>go to try out some PvP
>everybody dies in 2-3 hits

Shit, people really weren't kidding about that. This is kinda boring.

What is the one true holy BL meta and why?

anyone?

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/11/blood-gems-secondary-stats.html
I guess it's possible to get a rare drop with an alternate secondary, but those should be the "standard."

thanks

>tfw no trump sliders

Wow that's a great screenshot.

>there will never be dlc related to the vileblood vs executioner thing

>there will never be more BB, period.

Why must you hurt me this way?

you dont know that

>there will never be more purging

Seriously though, I know they combined the two DLC into Old Hunters but it feels a bit shitty only getting one dlc.

i do feel like we got the business end of a dick from FROM with this

blame sony, FROM can't do shit without Sony's approval and they could even make FROM make DLC even if they didnt want to

>do 25/50 str/arc
>my fire whirlimeme saw does more damage than my hms against almsot everything
>why did i even bother

if Sony didn't lose money on this game then there's no reason why they wouldn't want a sequel. It's probably just that From has other obligations right now

>you will never marry queen Annalise

HMLS is shit at meta levels.

You need 25/25/50 for it to be any less than complete shit.

>annalise will never gehrman

>tfw 17 hours wasted
>tfw bolt saif was better than tonitrus
>and so many good notes will die when i delete it

Okay you lost me, what's the verb in that statement?

oops, marry i meant

I hear Tonitrus can really pack on the damage though. Wheel too.

I mean, depending on your Skill, you don't necessarily need to scrap the whole build. The 50 Arc is enough to make Tools and any convertible weapon you can use more than adequate.

Hey I'm the one with the ring I wanna marry the at blood queen waifu

the end i currently have (15) isnt enough to use the whirli effectively though

I roll 15 End and never felt too constrained when using the Whirli. Although, admittedly, I don't really like it, so I never used it too much.

Do you have access to the +20% Anti-Clockwise Rune? Makes all the difference.

yeah ive got it, and ive done alright with 41 vit i guess

It's all thanks to long weapon!

If Bloodborne is Demon's Souls, then Miyazaki's next project is going to be Dark Souls, so to speak. As in, a multiplat Bloodborne successor with a new setting.

And if anybody says it's confirmed that he's not working on anything like that, remember how after Dark Souls he said he was going to start working on something "brighter" and ended up making Bloodborne. You can't take his word for anything.

>I can fit my favorite Arc set up on a BL98, 9-End Waste of Skin

I'm gonna run it and find out whether End really is a meme.

Although I'm pretty sure it's not, and Skillfags and Chikagays, whose weapons' stamina drains would be negative if they were any lower, just have that as another amenity over everyone else.

>a multiplat Bloodborne successor with a new setting.
>a multiplat bloodborne
>multiplat

> a multiplat Bloodborne successor with a new setting
DS3 already came out.

so you're saying that a fully nourished +10 Lost HMLS does shit damage unless you have like 50 STR and 50 ARC?

I didn't start messing with one until I had already reached those levels

Is this the right build for Beast Claws + Embrace ?
I just want to reeeeeeee

Yeah. People shit on End but if there's any weapon that wants a lot of it, it's the claws.

>decide to do the meme meta build and leave base End
>pick Beast Cutter
>any single attack costs 95% of my stamina

For non-beam attacks, kinda, yeah.

At 25/25/50 it feels pretty good but of course a 50-str Kirk/Whirli, or 50-Blt 'Kage/'Letter is going to hit harder per swing.

The beams are an entirely other story, and do, to be fair, go as far as being able to carry one through the game, even at 16/12/50.

I guess, what I'll say, is, unless you go 50/25+/50, you're only going to think it's special for its R2s, tricked or untricked.

And again, having said that, it's still serviceable far below those levels. Webm related is 18/20/50. Shit R1s, but still serviceable.

Shit and I didn't even use any semicolons either.

the R1s on the HMLS have never been good, in either form. It makes up for it by having the best R2s in the game, tricked and untricked. You can spam them as fast as you can R1, and each one has enough poise break to stun one of those big church guys mid-swing. And if the light beams can carry you through the game with it tricked, they can only do even more damage if you actually connect with the physical strike along with the beam.

I love HMS webms
here's another one with sound:

how rare are radial fire gems from watchers? Because I just got a 25.3% one with stamina down penalty and I'm wondering if I should keep it or continue savescumming

>Make my first FRC Dungeon
>Hope fore many rooms and much exploring
>there's only 1 path
>it leads to the lever
>maybe there's an extra room before the boss room
>there's no extra room
>get bootyblasted by undead giants spin right now

How much discovery would be needed to get good gems?

Well I have 15 end on my skill+bom build and I manage just fine desu. 12(base) on my Str/Arc and also mamage pretty fine but i figure I want more of it for Claws because beasthood. Concidering 15/45 end/vit but zi guess I'll stick to 20

>my skill+bom build
Be so kind as to go hunt yourself.

For the beast cutter should i go with blunt gems or normal physical atk up gems while progressing through the game?

It only does blunt damage, and blunt gems potentially give you more than tempering. Use whichever gems give you the highest AR as you go through the game. You'll most likely just end up using +18% tempering gems until you start doing FRCs.

Anybody want to help with Pthumeru Ihyll layer 2? Ringing at lamp, pass is bbg

Discovery increases the chances that an enemy will drop a valuable item, but it has no bearing on what that valuable item will be. An FRC enemy can either drop nothing / common shit like quicksilver bullets, or it can drop a gem of a type in its drop pool from rating 15-17 (or rating 16-18 if it has the smoky red buff around it). Discovery does not affect what ranking the gem will be, or whether this enemy drops a common tempering gems vs a rarer adept gem; those kind of things are preset.

I have rakuyo as my backup for the spin2win :^)
but I like bom used with beast blood pellet and it got me to try claw build

Are there any other videogames or movies that have the same sort of innocence and elegance as Bloodborne or Dark Souls 1?

You just need to equip Eye 2 that you got from Willem. That should be enough to improve your drop rates by a lot. Get Eye 3 from a glyph if you can.

All the good gems in FRCs will come from bosses (which discovery has no effect on) and particular enemies such as gargoyles, NPC hunters, and regular enemies with the red glow (fetid aura) around them. Certain types of enemies will drop certain types of gems - like ritekeepers (the tall walking witches) will always drop pulsing gems for your gun that will regen 5HP / sec, and maneater boar enemies drop radiant gems. Shotgun merciless watchers drop bloodtinge gems (almost always for your gun though). Hunters can drop almost any type of gem, but it will always be in the same kind of "format" - average primary effect, average secondary effect, average curse. Some enemies may have double-strength secondary effects or half-strength curses at the price of a reduced primary effect. Gems that have no secondary effect will have the strongest primary effects.

To me only certain animes have captured similar atmosphere for me to be desu

well stop being gay and tell me which ones

Thanks for the advide

How on Earth are Bloodborne and DaS "innocent"?

And I guess Demon's Souls, assuming you haven't played it already.

Can somebody please help? Struggling a lot here...

Doing old hunters early to get some weapons lvl 40 anyone wanna help a neggro out?
Password BBG

anyone here gonna play the nioh beta?