Instant throttle response

>Instant throttle response
>Won't run away on your ass

Post stuff you miss on old cars.

>there isn't an eldritch horror inside a metal case reading sensor inputs controlling your engine however it pleases, and only when it feels like it
>mechanical parts obey the laws of physics and can be comprehended by a single person
>no plastic

>chassis like a wet noodle
>leaf springs and shit suspension
>4 wheel drum brakes
>6L and

aye

No dumb ass, you can definitely get a cable throttle stuck. I've done it a few times on my bikes. Good times.

i never understood why modern cars hate cables so much, they are more reliable, better throttle response and work perfectly fine with modern Cruise Control and autonomy.

Just another engineers wank to take control away from the driver.

5.7l ls1 with stock internals making 350rwhp your full of shit
4 wheel disc brakes
IRS
Chassis isnt a wet noodle

choke on a dick modern car cuck my car from 1997 would kick your fucking ass

Ill agree with this. Just cleaned my throttle bottle and now its a bit fucky. Not bad enough to take it to someone that can recalibrate it, but electronic throttle body a shit.

Even early 2000s cars are a fucking blast, I've got a cable throttle, no traction control, no stability control and it's so much fun, the less electronics the better.

Modern cars are moving away from throttle bodies since they cause a shitload of pressure losses. Also, cables stretch.

Since when the fuck was 1997 considered old? I'm talking about shitty 60s and 70s cars.

>60s and 70s cars
Oh those things are trash, we're talking fuel injected stuff that were still good driver's cars

Funny i had a 2001 car with Electronic Hybrid throttle cable (had a motor inbetween the TB cable and the cable for the Pedal, for cruise control and adaptable force feedback/pedal feel) and ABS that vibrated the accelerator pedal when it broke traction with TCS on (turned off at a touch of a button)

Had to get it all deleted for a manual swap but ill miss it, was fun to have the accelerator pedal go mental in the wet hahahah
>Cables Stretch
Funny because all my 20+ year old bombs never had that problem
cars from 1990s are considered classics now mate they are getting OLD

>Just another engineers wank to take control away from the driver.
you don't know shit about engineering.
You don't need to directly control the throttle when the ECU directly controls the intake valves and putting your foot down does more to the valvetrain than the throttle body. You cannot do that with a cable in a way that is reliable or durable.

You may think you can, but it isn't accurate enough for the kind of control over intake charge that modern electronically controlled engines have. Modern car engines are literal race car technology made mainstream, and you're an ignorant jackass.

>being proud of a '90s General Malfunction half-electric half-vacuum electromechanical abomination drawn up in the '80s, using cheap, unreliable '70s-quality electronic PCBs etched by idiots and designed to fail.

please drive off a cliff
you have been cucked by a shitty company into believing complete lies because GM can't engineer anything worth shit.

Hahahhaa SUUUUUUUUUUUUURE budddy.

Why are modern engineers so cucked?

Go drive your Electronic throttle body BMW modern GM shit off a cliff.

Hope your PLASTIC (LEL) Accelerator pedal snaps

>traction and stability control on a FWD

do FWDs really have this shit now? i've never heard of a FWD car with traction control

I don't see why a FWD shouldn't have fwd, especially if you're riding around in the rain with 250hp like my mom does, but hers only has ESC, as mandated by the feds.

>FWD shouldn't have fwd
Shouldn't have traction control*

Why would it snap? It isn't attached to a metal cable that can loosen up or jam or rust or snap or lock my throttle open and send me into a tree, it's just a spring-loaded lever with a potentiometer on it so there's no reason to stomp on it like a gorilla.

>but-but toyota u-u-unintended acceleration
what a surprise, old people can't fucking drive, especially when they are willfully ignorant of the development taking place in the world around them.

No user, you are the cucks.
And then user lived the rest of his life enslaved to a '90s GM V8 and it's pinball machine of supporting electronics.

>but muh throttle cables

news flash, stability/traction control has been mandatory for almost a decade in the US

>thinking any ls1 equipped car isnt modern

The fuck you smokin

Manual steering, brakes, and clutches.

I love how fucking slow old trucks with manual steering steer.

Having the gas pedal be a gas pedal, and not a "torque request" pedal or whatever it technically is now on modern cars

I know manual trannies are still around, but I always got a kick out of my dad's old Celeica's shift knob shaking when the clutch would starting hooking up and moving.

> Also, cables stretch.
Oh man, if only changing the cable didn't require a degree in electrical engineering, a grand, and a shop manual 2 inches thick

Oh wait, it doesn't, that's electronic throttle control.

Since when the fuck was 1997 considered old? I'm talking about shitty 60s and 70s cars.
Bruh, 1997 is almost old enough to drink. You're thinking of the cars that were classic when you were a kid. I know because I still do it. Now the cars from when I was a kid are classics.

>It isn't attached to a metal cable that can loosen up or jam or rust or snap or lock my throttle open and send me into a tree

No now it's attached to an electronic sensor that just sticks the throttle open and kills you.

>Mechanical parts obey laws of physics

They still do that mate.

I can tune a 90's gm V8 abomination as a complete novice and it's so simple a monkey could work on it to be honest.

Why is Veeky Forums so afraid of technology? is it because all anyone here can afford is $1000 30 year old shitboxes? Or is it more of believing that everything you can't understand must be shit?

no thats just old american cars

DAT email