/rlg/ Roguelike General

>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Roguelike News:
New version of Dungeon on the Everchanging Released!
Basically ADoM meets Brogue, with the best of both worlds.

New IVAN update: 0.5.8, adds a new dungeon, a new win condition, new god effects, new items and bugfixes.

Poschengband update to 5.0.5:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8223

Jihad is over...

github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/Lahna/Lahna.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for offensive bloat

>resume game
>die immediately
Every time.

should I make a new pastebin for the OP or is there a way to update the current one?

make a new pastebin with the old shit in it

I just wonder how to start think about win dcss? Should I read about all gods and classes in dcss wiki?
Maybe some walkthrough?
What is your proposition?
I don't know what character I want to play exactly...

You want to play MiBe. Learn to berserk a lot. Learn to recognise anything even vaguely dangerous and use what you have instead of dying. Learn to walk away.

's'tand still, and walking the fuck away, are two of your most important, reusable assets, make sure you use the fuck out of them.

Pricness.

Games without a single Detect Magic are the worst

>using Tiles
But why.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING DOWN THERE
DAMN YOU EUSTACHIO!!!!

>he actually wielded a glowing spear with no ?Rcurse

I was merely testing my luck while pretending to be retarded

Wrong, I spent the entire game with my shitty dagger and leather armor (which was a good idea, since it turned out I had picked up a -3 Whip of Mercy.)

My only weapon was a 10/10 Staff of Conjuration (which should explain the starving, I'll admit). By the time I found what could potentially be Remove Curse I was scared shitless of getting mauled to death by unexpectedly picking Summon Monsters.

Crazy Yiuf.
He's do dead now.

also I'm going to eat the 6 mutated meat that I got from the skybeast
this is how lucky I feel today user

Forgot the pic

living on the edge
I'm a fucking scale fag thats resistant to fire now

Tummy slaaaaaash!

>death book 3 in the black market for 75% off
Had to sell my ice bolt ring to afford it, I hope it was worth it.

Apparently mods are OK with offtopic pedoshit now.

>now

t. newfag

Genocide them, timmy.
Genocide them all.
It's kind of hard to say that "x is offtopic" as an outsider, user. Mods keep track of multiple reports. If three or four people reported something that doesn't really look like it fits the theme, it's going to get canned.
By the way your post is not roguelikes either.

>clarity
fuuuuuuuuuuuck
cherish that mut, the only other ways to get it now are to worship Ashenzari or to get the very rare amulet of 4 winds

rings with ice/plasma bolt are shit
the wands are good because you can zap them like 6 times in a row

mods were just gone for a bit
/v/ was full of /pol/ and /mlp/ garbage

>berserking on Crazy Yuif
>letting him make 4 swings on you

I'm sensing a trend here.

>promising run with a DGSk
>teleport trap puts me right next to Psyche
>hits me with a dagger of distortion once
>sent to the abyss
>first enemy I see in the abyss is a Hell Sentinel

RNG amirite guys? ! :^) I should have checked psyche before fighting her but still, I'm salty.

The two bites the komodo dragon took out of me slashed my HP in half before I could even move. I clicked on a teleport scroll and died instantly.

Cheibriados

How playable is Shadow of the Wyrm now, has it been updated a lot?

Depends, have you ever sucked on another man's dingus?

once in highschool locker after practicing baseball as a joke
I didn't let him cum in my mouth though and we said no homo afterward too

Yes, now please satisfy my query.

Then I'm sure you'll like Shadow of the Wyrm a whole lot.
It's the erect game for no homos.

meant to write "perfect", not "erect"

>alone
>implying my gf is not cuddling me while giving me blowjobs while I crawl with my 15 runes to get the orb of zot with my sick MoMu build
god I'm pathetic, just kill me nad end my suffering

Hey nerds, how am I doing?

underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/Lahna/Lahna.txt

It's the second time I ever get past Lair. Going to finish dungeon and then head to Swamps to get a rune.

Is sexy af.

Just be careful and keep slapping otab with your dick.
MiFi is impossible to splat, especially at that point.

صباح الخير، الكفار الخنازير !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

قد نور الله دليل الإجراءات الخاصة بك!

مبروك لإخواننا المسلمين عن الفضح وقوم لوط الملحدة.

It's short and there's not a lot to do, but it's fun trying to build characters that can 1v1 Eakauri in melee.

My biggest problem with it is that the dev has an ADoM style approach to the endgame; instead of making up new mechanics to increase difficulty like Nethack, he just plops down twenty enemies with big stats and calls it a day. Admittedly, he seems to be drawing a big picture and then filling in the details, so to speak, but in the present, without any details, it's a bit frustrating to wait.

>good morning infidels ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!
>may the allahs light ???
>merry (something about Mohammads family and muslims?)
fuck my Arabic got really rusty

>Your alignment is adding +10% to your fail rates in this realm.
I like how killing everyone makes me a paragon of goodness, thus making it harder to cast my death spells and kill everyone.

>have a +2 plate of MR+
>wearing that shitty scale mail

user, you'll rarely need rCorr in the main game (especially with no Spider's Nest; also, rCorr doesn't even really protect you from corrosion). rPois is nice, particularly for the sBranches, but it's not absolutely necessary even for Snake/Spider. Magic resistance + good AC heavily outweighs the rCorr, rPois and Slay+2.

also, drop those books, you're a minotaur; you ain't gonna be memorizing no goddamn spells.

why do I keep randomly berserking? this is the 5th time! I have no items with berserk and its not being invoked on me. pls help i feel like it could end my run if it goes off at a bad time.

do you have the zerkitis mutation?

Thank you! I've played the game seriously for a week or so and really appreciate help like this.

>also, rCorr doesn't even really protect you from corrosion

fucking this
It does help against being instagibbed by Acid Blob Damage but I'm 90% sure it does jack shit against the actual corrosion effect.

rooooo

oh shit apparently I do. I have no idea how I got the muts that I have tho. never ate any mut meat. maybe I quaffed a mut pot by accident? oh well
thanks, user. I should've known!

You coulda gotten bad magical contamination from hasting too much, miscasting a spell, or just some dickweed stepping on a Zot Trap

Or maybe some summoner you tabbed through summoned a Neqoxec that malmutated you before you tabtabtab'd it

it was the last one. I remember now. kek I should pay more attention

also while youre helping me out, am I safe to brand this dire flail with holy word?

>holy word
>brand
user...

woops, obviously I meant holy wrath

you didn't know why you were randomly zerking, I couldn't be certain. And you probably want to save your TSO brand for either an eveningstar, great mace, or demon whip.

lol fair enough. thanks kindly, user

Man, all my runs have been a fucking disaster recently
>HaFi^Uskayaw dies with 2 runes in vaults because of me not noticing an invisible vampire knight before it's too late
>HuCj^Kiku, dies with 2 runes in vaults after trying to stupidly hybridise and melee stuff instead of just going the SoB+Regen route
>OgFi^Oka - dies with 2 runes to POISON, because my RNG was so fucking bad that I had 0 curing potions to some retarded sea snake in shoals
I just want to fucking die

rofl

>mfw no space exploration RL exists yet
>Prospector is not enough
Any roguelike/roguelite that explores the concept Prospector tried, but that it's completed?
Or... any cool space game for that matter?

Duskers but it's not turnbased.

The baby modo is a good melee class such as Mi or HO and axes. First you worship Gozag and jew a bunch of good randarts from him, then as soon as you finish Lair, Orc and either Spider or Snake, change to Makhleb.
Honestly if you want maximum comfy end/extended there is no one better than Makhleb.
Also learn to spam Immolation scrolls and Disc of Storms

I already know about easy-mode crawl, I have about 11 wins, it's just that it's such a drag playing safely that I get myself in shit situations constantly now.

it's a 50% chance to resist the corrosion debuff

Playing a Centaur Chaos Knight of Xom and somehow I'm alive with 3 runes. Picked up Zonguldrok on depths is it worth using over my mighty weeb sword of clarity?

100% yes unless you're starved for Clar

So long blades riposte when you dodge an attack. Meaning they're more useful on high EV chars?

How?

Am I right in thinking that PCB dev comes here? I have a fairly humble request for an addition....

where do I get blood in the spider nest reeeeee

Actually I spent the evening with a friend I haven't talked to in years. It was pleasant.

>MoMu
you better be drunk user.

These are my birth settings.
I used to actually add "always empty arena levels" which lead to some really horrible shit always being in LOS, until I gave up on that.
Every one of those options with a * doubles or anyway multiplies your score (except for coffebreak mode which lowers it consistently).

I'm trying to set a new record for PCB. Not only it'd be the first nightmare mode win, but it'd also be one with a slew of other added difficulty settings.
Also it's a monk.

I thought preserve artifacts lowered score? Always unusual rooms is kinda bugged I think, I was getting ancient dragons and the likes of fucking Mordred at 50ft vaults, so I gave up on it kinda quick.

Still don't understand how you took 400+ damage from stairs though...

im pretty sure the score doesnt even show up anywhere other than your own personal hall-of-fame

if you want impressive pcb victories to post on the ladder for e-peen or whatever just do hard race/class combinations

there was an enemy outside his light radius that cast a 400+ damage spell, user

>I thought preserve artifacts lowered score?
Same as never recall up and always close shops but fuuuuuck that.
I'm not being a masochist here.

It was a gold dragon that breathed sound at me anyway.

It's just a nightmare mode epeen win.
The thing I'm doing is to pen off the list all the major roguelikes with an extreme challenge: there's troll archmage ultra ending for ADoM, MuMo for DCSS, 16 conducts for *hacks and now I'm trying to die the true death with *bands.

gold dragons cap out at 250 damage though?

could've been a law wyrm

Sound doesn't cap at 250, user.

ancient gold dragons only have enough hp for 250 though

except i forgot that nightmare mode doubles monster hp

About to do a Dungeon -> Depths -> Pan run.
Wish me luck bois.

>You feel relatively safe now.

Emphasis on the relatively

>all the americans have killed themselves over the new presidency

As always it's the europeans who have to do all the work.

Doing a DUPZ run atm, which means I do dungeon to 15, then depths to 5, then pan then Zot, without any other branches.

I've cleared all of depths 5 and I'm considering switching away from Trog for Makhleb or TSO when I do pan.

Who would you reccomend?

Fucking Iron Sword. That music will be stuck in my head until the that i die...

im here user
but im playing notroguelike games so i have nothing to post

I feel like it'd be difficult in either case, since you'd be starting from scratch (not just with piety but with Invocations) for each god.

TSO would likely be the ideal, but you wouldn't be able to use your demon whip for a while -- plus, since you're doing just DUPZ, you can't just dip into the Crypt for relatively safe piety/Invocation gains.

How's DDA looking these days? Any exciting developments in the past few months?

sleep tight, tummer

this is my best character so far, i died a few minutes after this screen shot. first time i made it into lair. how did i do rlg

>i died a few minutes after this screen shot
um

>XL15 by Snake:4

That seems really early, man. I also have no doubt that your 9 EV fucked you over, too.

Also
>2 potions of curing
>3 potions of might
>2 potions of agility
>1 potion of haste
>2 blink scrolls

>yet you died

>i died a few minutes after this screen shot
Again?

Anyway don't dip into the Lair branches as soon as you find them. For cozy mode I like to clear out dungeon, lair and orc and then go for the rune-branches.

Remember to pick your fights and walk away when you're uncertain, and don't forget about your consumables.

>Shield of the Gong
>mfw if you still have that going into lower-level rune levels like Vaults or Swamps

Say hello to the party platoon for me when you get to Swamps 5.

Jesus fuck son, Trog wrath is no joke.

I switched to Makhleb and the berserked giants + other enemies + tormenters finished me off in Pan, since I had 0 tele and blink scrolls.

The run was easily winnable but minotaurs are so fucking easy that I'd probably go to sleep if I did the standard route.