/ovg/ - Truck racing WHEN? Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, please do not post lame webms

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/2i8o2w/we_should_boycott_x_motor_racing/
twitter.com/xmotorracing/status/542612426735501312
mega.nz/#!oBckUTaR!cA4ZZqdiI7DMCOZW0G3KlKTThWSrLmJzG38pJb1jdOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for /ovgnr03/

>dat Hillspeed transporter in the background
Tested for them a couple of years ago, lel

>Do you guys still hoon in san andreas from time to time?
Haven't in years mate :(

Whose dad worked for AF corse team? Do you have 488 sheet like you posted for 458 GT3

Were you faster than the factory driver in the rain?

Anyone in Forza 6 playing online? Would like to find people to play with who won't just ram me off the track.

No factory driver, but their confirmed driver for the following season wiped the floor with me. It was his second season in Formula Renault 2.0 and it was my 1st time driving the car for more than 20 laps. Managed to get into 2sec of his fastest time after 2 days of testing though, which was not too bad. They wanted me to fill their second seat for the next season but couldn't afford the GBP100,000 price tag

Damn that's a lot of Good Boy Points

My last driving simulator was NFS Shift. Is x motor racing any good?

never heard of it

>x motor racing
There's a name I haven't heard in while.
And god no, it's probably the worst "sim" ever made.

Also considering this was the first thing that showed up when i googled it, that guy is probably a shill. reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/2i8o2w/we_should_boycott_x_motor_racing/

Damn, i miss that.

Is "TuneToWin" still a relevant rf-guide for the new mod?

Issac's dad. But I'm pretty sure he moved on to work in formula e or with the reanult rs01....

I always figured Motorsport Manager would be contender for the worst sim with its inaccurate depictions of sponsors and shit.

Motorsport Manager isn't a sim though, it's a management game.

We are racing porsche cups @ Zandvort today at 1 pm EST (2 hours and 30 mins).

Join in!!!

He actually posted this shit.

>mfw that tweet is still up

twitter.com/xmotorracing/status/542612426735501312

server when

wow

yes, but you can also check 1 or 2 threads ago James posted his setups, they work pretty well too

MAN REAL RACING 3 IS SO GOOD

Server is up

Also make sure to get the pit box fixes

mega.nz/#!oBckUTaR!cA4ZZqdiI7DMCOZW0G3KlKTThWSrLmJzG38pJb1jdOU

I did a thing.
I don't have a good PC, so fuck off before you even start

Good job

whats the best option regarding open wheel mods for rfactor/rfactor 2? Looking to move my league over from F1 2016 to rFactor but can't find a decent enough mod that FOM haven't removed from the internet.

CTDP F1 2006 is literally the greatest mod in the history of simracing

for rFactor 1 it would either be CARTfactor or the CTDP 2005 or 2006 mod

rFactor 2's default Formula ISI is pretty good and there is a really fun fictional mod called DESF F1 V10 which has this year's aero combined with a V10 engine

Is Automation or Cars Incorporated the better gaem?
My autism needs to know.

will check these out when I get home.

Are there any true-to-life f1 mods that replicate present day? We're currently running a realistic car performance league and would like to carry this feature over into rfactor.
inb4 >realistic car performance

Is that sarcasm?
Also, is there any point in me buying Forza 6 too?

>Are there any true-to-life f1 mods that replicate present day?

Not that I know of. The closest thing to realistic modern cars would be the aforementioned Forumla ISI (based on a 2012 or 2013 Marussia) and the Ferrari SF-15T from Assetto Corsa

>is there any point in me buying Forza 6 too?

I'd say no because Forza 7 is probably coming out this year seeing how a new Forza Motosport and new Horizon keeps alternating every year since Forza 4.
And since Forza 7 should also come out for PC, we might start doing series in that and you would be able to join that too because of the crossplay

I'll use this to start a Forza discussion. Motorsport and Horizon inclusive. General thoughts and shots anyone wants to share in this thread.
Personally for me I have been having some gripes in FH3 in B Class usually putting up with opponents in the almighty SuperBird landships.

Good info. I'll just wait then.
The last Forza game I played was Forza 2, so I don't really know what's going on with them these days since I've been a Sonyfag for so long

sorry i had to leave, my ping was getting really high and cars were flying everywhere
also, sorry ranek for pushing you out in t1, that was completely my fault

Shit happens dude, don't worry about it.

Sorry for sperging out guys

Wow, this motherfucker...

you didn't man, shame you didn't get a good result after fast though

If you want to just play forza it's unironically better to play it on the xbox than the pc.

???

Oliver just an idea for the next video if you do make it. If you keep the spectator view please switch between people or like when an incident happens

This is what i was thinking aswell since number 1,2,3 are way up front. The real fights/crashes happen in the middel/back of the field.

well it's a bit hard to do that while i'm racing. I'm streaming the race live from my laptop while i'm playing on the desktop.

Oh my bad I thought you just like filmed it after or something

Because the game tracks incidents and ofcourse position changes we could theoretically make a spectator plugin, where it changes focus to a car that has an incident or a car passing another or the closest fight for position or whatever.

Only problem is someone would need to figure out how to make such a thing actually work

Nope. That would also eliminate the option to have the Mumble audio then. If someone wants to broadcast instead of racing feel free to do so, and stream instead. Personally i would rather participate than direct a stream.

>Because the game tracks incidents and ofcourse position changes we could theoretically make a spectator plugin,
That could be possible, i asked on RaceDepartment prior to the race, and the response i got was that such a plugin doesn't exist yet.

So im trying to update my skin again for ovgt3, what are the dds. settings (mipmap etc) when you save your file?

Asking cause i cant find the skinning guide RBDK made, the megalink is down

He threw a shitfit because people typed his name into the name field and deleted the guide

>DXT5 interpolated alpha
>Blackman Mip map filtering
>Generate 6 Mip maps

Fuck you. I did not

Don't make me use a trip

Thank you kind user
Wow i did nothing wrong?

That's not me

>ranwec server is up
Nice

this is not me

I have now changed PC, and I'm trying to start the game (I have downloaded 1.47 pro from the original purchase link), I get a msg saying "Drivers not found . Please update DirectX and Graphics Card drivers". I have done that, and all looks OK on Nvidia and dxdiag side. My GPU is a Nvidia Quadro M1000M (Lenovo laptop).

Any ideas?

I spent 4 hours one evening making it better only to be mocked.

Unline the people typically mocked in this thread I have brought stuff TO /ovg/ and supported pretty much everyone in skin creation and I don't treat people like trash

So I expect to be treated the same unless I'm acting like a cunt

Anyway message me on steam, I'll send it to you

>user taking credit for my work
Go away

What is your steam? I don't have anyone from here on steam

Go to the /ovg/ steam group and I'm listed there as RBDK with a grumpy cat as my avatar

@16614216
@16614220
@16614231
@16614239
i have a nice wet shart inching out that i would love to hold you under the covers until you faggots sufficate

Go to the /ovg/ steam group and I'm listed there as RBDK with a anime girl as my avatar

this is why sensible people don't namefag

I'm considering running ranwec if I have the time next weekend, is there a way to run 1098 when I have the steam verison?

Yeah, right click on the game in your steam library, go to properties, betas and choose v1098

Keep in mind however that if you haven't got the online pass because you bought the game without the lifetime subscription or after the online pass was abolished you won't be able to join because it still checks for it

Well that's pretty shitty

race me buddy

If I'm on the pirated rf2 on the latest version, do I just apply the 1098 update+crack? Or do I have to reinstall it to have that version

Is there a download link for the Sebring track or is it stock content for the pirated game?

I don't understand why we don't just run the server on 1108 since the crack has been out for weeks now. It's like you guys like having less than 10 people show

Because ranek simply does not care.

Why is his name in the series name

who

>2:17:666
>:666
Literal track devil

I don't believe I've seen such a name on the server..

It's the last race (we aren't doing Le Mans) and everything we run is stable. The servers will be updated after the sebring race.

>we aren't doing Le Mans
>series based on le mans

is this the worst series yet?

There's just not a good version of it around for rf2 atm.

So it's the final frontier. I'm assuming you just download the track through the game?

For Sebring? It's the Virtual LM version we've used many times before. You should be able to find it on RD.

Anyone else have an issue with their wheels going crazy and losing all calibration in rf2?

Alright thanks

so is james being a pcars shill just a le ebin meme or is he actually a pcars shill?

sometimes

So why did you choose to run rf2 then

because it is much better than rf1 even with less mods. going back to rf1 for this gt3 season is just amazing to see how bad rf1 aged.

Yet it gets the best turnout and ranwec has like 3 cars per class

it's because our main userbase is poorfags with 10 year old pcs

How to fix?

Ranek should have thought of that shouldn't he

for me I turn off the game and reload. so far it's worked. i have no idea what the real problem is

This, they don't know that superior tire model life
He doesn't care though

i can't wait for ai to be good enough to make mods for racing sims then rf2 will finally be worth playing

Of course that will work, but is there a way to stop it from happening? Kind of makes me not want to play rf2 if it shits itself randomly