How much did i fuck up?

Need honest opinions on my recent purchase. Did i get a good vehicle or am i going to regret this?

2017 toyota taco, SR utility package 2wd, inline 4 with 6spd auto.

1st new vehicle ive bought, ever. I plan on keeping it for a good long time, but im worried i may have fucked up by just getting the 4cyl vs the 6. Not that i haul much, but im worried the 4 will just leave me wanting more all the time.

>2wd
>4 cylinder

You fucked up big time. And you dont even have a proper back seat so the truck is literally useless since it can't be used to carry actual cargo and can't be used to carry people, you can't even go off road with it because it's 2wd.

Shouldve spent some extra cash for the 4wd and 6 cyl, you wouldve kept it for life instead of realizing your mistake and trying to sell it off as soon as your financing is done.

don't worry user, unless you need to tow really heavy things or carry around massive payloads in the bed, you shouldn't have a problem.

this isn't like buying a mustang or camaro with the trash v6, because in that case, you would actually need the extra cylinders for performance. in your case, i would assume the truck is a practical vehicle, & you won't be needing the extra power.

Why ask? You bought a brand new fleet spec base model because you couldn't scrape together enough money to buy a few year old nicely optioned one. You know you fucked up but you did it anyway, what are you going to do now, ask for a buyback?

Congrats you bought an expensive Miata.

>i4
Rofl
>2wd
Lmfao
>auto
Roflmao
>reg cab
HAHAHAAHA
>short bed
Omfg rofl
>red
Jesus Christ yer killing me smalls.

>pickemup truck
>4 cylinder
>2WD

Why the fuck even bother? The whole point of trucks is 4WD and torque for towing/carrying.
>2017
Enjoy that depreciation you cuck, now you won't even be able to unload that mistake for anywhere near the amount you paid.

>on Veeky Forums talking about buyers remorse after buying a vehicle

Yes

>you won't be needing the extra power
Unless he wants to do literally anything people usually use a truck for.

just read your post back to yourself and you'll realize how much you fucked up

>2WD
Probably FWD, no intense offroading, still bretty good
>i4
fucked up big time, return immediately. i4s are pretty good in shitboxes but this one will have to lug around a shitheap and will be stressed the fuck out.

And i know y'all will ask so ill try to answer the questions before hand.

Why did i get a new vehicle; old truck was about to blow the tranny, repairs were more than the trucks worth.

Why new; it was time to get something reliable since i plan on this being my daily for the next 10+ years (ill have toys as well). Slightly used tacos were more expensive than the brand new one. I didnt need or want all the extra bells and whistles.

Financed instead of a 3k civic; yup. All said and done, 24k total (financing 1k at 2% through credit union). I probably couldve gotten a little cheaper if i had more time, but i have to move 500 miles in 3 days.

Why the taco; well my lack luster 4.3l silverado was junk, under powered, and got 13mpg. The taco, though just a commuter I4, at least gets 20-23mpg and honestly seems to have more power to the wheels on the highway than my old truck. My dad also has a 98 taco with over 200k miles and was only in the shop when someone stole the exhaust; so gotta go with reliability heritage.

Why a truck if you dont haul; i like having the cargo space and im from Texas; im required to own a truck if i want to keep my boots and carry my .45

What do i do; e-3 in the USCG. I KNOW, young guy goes and buys a new car after joining military meme. At least its not a sport car, payments are decently low, and surprisingly i dont have that many bills and i get extra cash via BAH and BAS.

Sheckles arent an issue, its wheather or not i made a mistake.

Dont need to carry people, and the heaviest thing i have to move is a motorcycle.

I could afford to buy a used one, but why spend an extra several thousand for something with 50-100k miles on it already?

Its actually the longer bed

In my experiece, the amount of times ive had to haul a 5th wheel or several tons of gravel has been surprisingly low. I used my bed on the old truck a lot, but it was more for bulky/messy items that i didnt want in the cab.

>reddit spacing
>wheather or not i made a mistake.
You did. And the word is "whether"

>In my experiece, the amount of times ive had to haul a 5th wheel or several tons of gravel has been surprisingly low. I used my bed on the old truck a lot, but it was more for bulky/messy items that i didnt want in the cab.
THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY A PICKUP TRUCK YOU STUPID FAGGOT JUST GET A CAR

If you want to be able to drive from point A to point B for the next ten years without any problems, you did fine.

If you change your mind in the next ten years, you made a mistake. You bought the least desirable version of that truck but paid the premium for the badge. The used market will not be kind.

that's a toyota corolla m8

My bad on the spelling.

>THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY A PICKUP TRUCK YOU STUPID FAGGOT JUST GET A CAR

See last sentence of comment you green texted.

i don't know of any 2wd drive trucks that are FWD, tacoma is definitely RWD

Ridgeline if you count that as a truck.

an el camino is more of a truck than that piece of shit

>reddit spacing

This is strictly a newfag meme. The quickest way to get your post didn'treadlol is to make it a wall of text.

Line space between paragraphs, not between

every

single

goddamn

motherfucking

line

you

faggots

I am a huge fan of buying base model trucks and actually using them instead of pretty boy painted bumper beauty queen mall crawler trucks, bit you gotta get the good engine and the 4x4 to make it worth it man. Otherwise you look like a poor fag or a fixed income fudd.

Did you fuck up? You know I don't care. You had a v6 Silverado witch is just as retarded. I guess you just haven't had enough of hating life every day. You could have got a low mileage v8 crew cab 4x4 full size, or a v6 4x4 small truck for the same price, but you went small and went home. Do you just not want to enjoy driving?

>The whole point of trucks is 4wd and torque

Torque can be gained through the gearbox and the whole point of a truck is actually to carry shit not necessarily off-road.

We got cabover 2wd 8 ton trucks here with less than 220lbs ft that run 10 to 12tons most of the time they are loaded

>buying new
PLEBE

Each of those lines was a response to a different question. It made perfect sense to separate them with a linespace and it radically improves readability.

>i4
ahaha
>2wd
ohohoho
>AUTOMATIC
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

It's nothing special. A decent if small engined worktruck that will hopefully be very reliable. It will impress no one but it will do its job just fine. Don't worry about it OPguy

>2wd
Enjoy having zero resale value. The cost of the 4x4 option would've been easily offset upon resale, meaning you could've enjoyed 4x4 for the next ten years, sold the vehicle and recoup the option cost and then some. 2wd truck. bwhahah! man card: revoked, faggot

I thought the new Tacomas were so fucking awesome until i drove one. The inside has the space of a corolla

>manual tranny on a truck

le epic bus rider, a/o/tist meme parroter

yes you fucked up by not using that money to move out of the nigger invested shithole of Galveston.

trying to sell my 08 sr5 4cyl 2wd AC tacoma right now and it is hell. if it was 4wd it would be gone, but 4cyl 2wd is basically economy worktruck tier and no one wants it.

>taco
>base model
>4cyl
You did gud bro, that thing will last forever and come in handy as fuck. Plus you'll be able to easily sell it to some gardener (unless the God Emperor deports them all) when it's past 200k and beat to fuck

>he doesn't have a v8, 5 on the floor, and 4x4

Ha! Its true. Luckily im moving to Alabama.. at least no niggers

Is it a low sitting one or does it have the 4wd ride height?

What the fuck was going through your head, OP?

>4 cylinder
can't haul or tow shit
>short bed
again, can't haul shit
>extended cab and not crew cab
you can't even haul people or groceries
>2wd truck
can't even go off road, and you're fucked if it even snows
>automatic
a manual would of at least made your shitty truck funner to drive, and more peppy

I seriously can't believe someone could fuck up as badly as you.

>Alabama
>no niggers
Seriously thought I only recognized that Kroger because I've gone their exclusively since Walmart got too bad to shop at. The store is literally 20-30db quieter it's insane.

Semis are manuals

Even the automatics are automated manuals

The only place in the world where a torque converter pickup or truck is popular is the USA.

Even in Japan where there are more automatic private cars per capita than the USA has primarily manual commercial vehicles

>Even in Japan where there are more automatic private cars per capita than the USA has primarily manual commercial vehicles
sauce?

Where I come from i4s and 2wd are standard for small sized pick ups, I don't consider the taco a small one though.
And honestly they are great daily drivers for the following reasons:
>alright mpg
>truck clearance means floods, potholes, bumps, etc. are just annoyances instead of risks
>cheap

If you don't off-road or have heavy winters, 2wd is not an issue, and if snow was an issue, getting snow tires would solve it.
Auto is ghey but hey, you can get your dick sucked or drink coffee more easily while driving I guess.

The US has different cultural standards regarding trucks, but yours would be a completely standard and well accepted choice anywhere else, besides the auto.
Well, I would have gotten a Hilux, but I know you guys don't get that shit over there.

>financing 1k at 2% through credit union

how much are you being raped for the other 23k then?

um...there's more than twice as many niggers in Alabama, 25%, compared to Texas' 12%.

16k*, the rest was a down payment

You bought a truck that relies on hipsters for resale, but bought the least desirable model available. You fucked up.

ah, ok, that's a good rate for 16k, but you should have definitely gotten the v6

the 2WD toyota hilux 4 cylinder the is mainstay of trade workers everywhere here, its not going to be exciting but if you were working in construction it would be fine.

either way who cares, just drive it and enjoy.

4 cylinder im guessing is the 2.7 dual vvti? If so it's one of toyota's most reliable engines with the only drawback being it low on power. The new 6 speeds are great ttansmissions as well.
But I'd say you fucked up on not getting 4wd.

Like commuting to work and buying groceries?

Probably should have bought one that's a couple years old with a V6 and 4WD instead of a new base model. I personally wouldn't even want a sedan without a V6 nevermind a truck but that's just me.

You got a fat deal user. Enjoy your extra 20k you didnt waste on the upper tier models.

4 banger is fine but you should have gotten the 5 speed manual with 4x4. Then you could have actually gone off road.

Exactly what I did. Love my truck. It gets the job done when pulling dead trees or hauling other stuff.
If you don't need 4wd thats alright. You didn't make a bad choice OP. The 2.7 won't win races but gets the job done. As to pretty up your Tacoma get the front clip painted and get some sr5 wheels. That will make it a hot ticket. Ferd and cheby boys will ridicule you, but at the end if the day, its the best mid size truck on the market.

Mid sized? What?

What is small sized?

chevy s-10, nissan hardbody, older rangers

basically shit that's no longer available in north america, it's midsize and fullsize only

>2wd
The fuck is wrong with you. Why the fuck do people buy 2wd trucks.

Again TWO FUCKING WHEEL DRIVE YOU KEK. You would legit get more out of a car thats would be even more economical and fun to drive. Or, you could, I dont know, Buy a damn proper truck. Have fun being another Toyota owning poser bitch. Still, could be worse. Could be a Mall crawler 2wd long bed giant lifted asshole truck covered in chrome I suppose.

Im pretty stoked with my 04 WJ base model, the 4.0 is great. The selec trac is way more fun than the quadra drive since it gives me a rwd option, and the 4wd gets me through pretty much anything, just good enough. Also does great on roads and corners well for a big ass SUV. I know people hate jeeps, but shit, Im liking mine. Could be this 2wd brand new taco faggot OP

not everyone lives in the snow or slops around in the mud

Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

It's pretty amazing when you think about it.

I have had to engage 4wd 4 times in the last 8 years and my work requires me to go off-road and we don't even have good roads to start with (saw a jeep wrangler stuck in a pothole a little while ago).

I can't imagine when someone from California, florida, Texas or anywhere with warm climates in the US would actually need 4wd other than to pretend they need it.

If you don't have a shovel, an axe/machete, 3 days worth of water and a tent in your car then you should get those before 4wd

>saw a jeep wrangler stuck in a pothole a little while ago
You've been crowing that same story for the last three years Caribfag.

Maybe I do, You dont know my life.

Lel. It seems like yesterday. 5 years by the way.

Offroading is fun though. I like fun. And, Yes, Offroading with 4 wheel drive is more fun than without.

Cool story, and FYI, the definition of "offroad" is not necessarily hard packed washed out dirt roads across the globe.

having less offroad capability than a cuckover or a subaru.

>Implying a sentence can't be a paragraph
Kys my man

>Texan
>Buys a 4 cylinder, 2WD, AUTO TOYOTA appliance

kek

>Hard packed washed out dirt road

There is either road. Or no road. Road to us is anything down to a goat trail.

I know you "jeep rated" people consider trails as off-road but that really isn't the case.

Also resale value is low on 4cyl trucks for the purposes you stated.

Should've bought a motorcycle.
A Suzuki BRZ 350 c8 nismo

You're an idiot. You should've fixed the other vehicle or you should've bought an old ranger for a few grand. You're wasting 19k. You're not going to keep it 10 years. You're gonna knock up some bitch and have to sell it for a cuckmobile.

>not the 300 ci i6

bruh

Sounds like you didn't even need a truck and definitely not a brand new one. You'll fit right in with at least half or more of truck owners though, buying one to feel manly and strapped with payments.

50-100k is absolutely nothing on a Toyota truck. Why waste so much money on the truck itself + the money lost financing?

We told you not to buy it. You bought it anyway. What do you think?

>All this Veeky Forumstism
For fuck's sake, It's a Tacoma. OP's not gonna use it to tow a yacht or go rock crawling.

If OP had bought a fullsize 4x4 long bed diesel pickup, you faggots would be sperg-raging about how he "doesn't need it" and making jokes about his penis size.

OP, does it do what you need it to do? That's the only thing that matters. Options are nice to have but they're wasted if you never use them.

...and buying a new Toyota isn't the worst thing you can do, the used market for Toyota pickups is fucking ridiculous.

This. Good coice to fuck around in until you have kids and then youll be looking for something with a backseat. I did the the exact same thing but with a nissan frontier and i wad an e4

If you're only using it on the pavement, towing and hauling small things, and not worried about being fast then you did good.

>longer bed

So, you got a 6ft instead of a 4ft bed? That's still a shortbed. "Regular" used to be 8ft and "short" was the 6ft.

It's a 4cyl, so it's boring and anemic, it's 2wd so it's shit for everything, and it's even got a stupid amount of lift for being such a worthless fucking truck.