/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.

Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」Fire Emblem Switch (name not final) Announced: gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-getting-new-fire-emblem-game/1100-6447052/
「!」Fire Emblem Warriors Confirmed for 3DS: polygon.com/2017/1/18/14315934/fire-emblem-warriors-release-date-3ds-nintendo-switch
「!」Fire Emblem Echoes: SHadows of Valentia Announced for 3DS: gematsu.com/2017/01/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia-announced-3ds
「!」Zelda confirmed to be Wii U's Last Title: nintendoeverything.com/reggie-confirms-zelda-is-nintendos-last-wii-u-title-games-will-still-be-sold-and-online-will-continue/
「!」Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X Announced for 3DS: gematsu.com/2017/01/dragon-ball-heroes-ultimate-mission-x-announced-3ds
「!」Constructor Will Be Building Up Hype On April 28th: nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/constructor_will_be_building_up_hype_on_nintendo_switch_launch_day
「!」ARMS Playable Without Motion Controls: gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-fighting-game-arms-playable-withou/1100-6446968/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
「!」Shin Megami Tensei 3DS Project Announced: shin-megamitensei.jp/
「!」Nintendo says No Miiverse or Streetpass on the Switch: eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-streetpass-and-miiverse-wont-be-used-with-nintendo-switch
「!」Breath of the Wild Story Trailer and Release Date Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/wGvUhgcD
Switch - pastebin.com/wzAnAzng

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=raACRZZbMoc
youtu.be/_qU2MXeAz1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks /b/ro

Which mario would you fug?

Third for better thread

tsareena is cute!!!! CUTE!!!!!!!!!

that's a cool skirt

I'll add the newly announced games another day.

Opinions on:

>River City Tokyo Rumble 【Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short】
>Runbow Pocket Deluxe 【N3DS】
>Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny 【Recently got a fan translation and I don't know if it's actually a good game】

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai 【JP】
>MEGAMI MEGURI 【JP】
>Miitopia 【JP】
>Puyo Puyo Chronicle 【JP】 (can it be played without JP knowledge?)
>Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 【JP】
>RPG Maker FES 【JP】

mamma

mia!!

>9

Friend is trading his Galaxy XL for an Ipad 4

Is the flip worth it?

>2012
not really

Can't pull at least $200 from it?

I sold a 2012 macbook for $700 and Iphones 2 gens below the current for $300. Never touched ipads though.

Should I sell my Wii U and games for a Switch?

Gamestop and some other retailers have trade-in services for new Nintendo consoles, so sure.

Put in a switch preorder and a separate BotW preorder about a week ago. Should I cancel the BotW preorder and go digital this (half) gen? I hate waiting for packages and interacting with GameStop employees but it's also kind of nice to have a few dollars to put towards a new game when I finish one.

No. Nintendo charges shit prices for digital.

This and digital collections are shit

I don't think digital is a good option ever, since SD cards only reach 256-512 GB (for good prices), you'll still have to switch around cards from time to time, like you have to switch cartridges.

is this /r/splatoon

yeah

Or just delete games that you've finished when you get new ones.

Consider this: Nintendo is without a doubt going to be DDOS'd on release day. If you don't get physical you won't be playing

lolwut did that happen to Sony or M$

What's the best pokemon mystery dungeon to play? I tried the demo for one of the 3DS ones a long time ago, but there was so much drawn out talking that I ended up just uninstalling it.

The system it's on doesn't matter.

Explorers of the Sky (DS) or Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS).

Blue
Explorers of Sky
Super
It's an RPG where you're transformed from a human into a talking Pokemon, there's going to be dialogue, just stick with it.

Play Blue, then Sky and then Super.

>but there was so much drawn out talking that I ended up just uninstalling it
The one you're talking about here is Gates to Infinity. While all of the games have a lot of text, Gates to Infinity makes it seem way worse than it actually is because of how slow the text speed is (the text itself is actually faster than the previous game, you probably wouldn't even notice it if it wasn't so slow)

Thanks!

shiren the wanderer

I beat the DS one and like 5 of the postgame dungeons in the Vita one already

Ok, so not only is the Switch region free and allows you to access all region eshops from one system.
Turns out language of the game is determined by language setting of the system itself.
So you can set an english copy of BoTW in Japanese, with Japanese VA.
All the game is missing is an option to choose text language and Voice language separately, but would be really easy to patch in.

youtube.com/watch?v=raACRZZbMoc
It's better than I expected, particularly the part inside of the pyramid. I've never actually played 3D Land though, I hope the controls are actually good

>Ok, so not only is the Switch region free
Not all games are region free though

3D Land controls well.

But why would you want to do that you fucking weirdo

epicccc

this

Man i don't understand why Stardew Valley isn't on 3ds. Literally all the other harvest moon clones on 3ds are trash.

fuck off chucklefish

>transience works with soul mirror
neat

>Vita
>Powerful device for a handheld that eventually failed because Sony attempted to try and nickle and dime their consumers with pricey accessories and services and storage.

>Switch
>Uh oh
Nintendo is literally repeating history here.

What accessories? Vita failed because nintendo money hatted monster hunter.

Probably just the SD cards

Yeah. Guardian is kind of busted. If the possession rate of enemies was higher it'd be too easy for grinding.

SD cards yes.
>Oh yeah well that was just one thing
Even better, it flunked because they screwed up charging for storage at all. Nintendo is providing little to no storage, paid online, on top of things like controllers costing near 60-80 dollars.

Monster Hunter isn't going to magically make those problems go away.

Is there a reason why my original 3DS can't connect to my Android's hotspot?

My laptop can connect just fine.

I googled it, but I don't see anything.

>Turns out language of the game is determined by language setting of the system itself.
So wait, hold up
Could you order a Japanese Switch, set the language to English, and everything works out fine even if you're in America?

Have you tried opening the 3DS web browser?

Yes, but it's a global launch and importing a Jap console would be more expensive. You'd need to buy a US AC Adapter too.

Yeah, it doesn't work.

Neither do public WiFi connections, like hotel Wifi, despite it working on my bf's New 3DS...

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

God I hope the Switch chart doesn't use that dull dark grey.

@166153402
You already said that last thread.

>@
Hello newfag

>falling for the most obvious bait in existence
>hello newfag

Guys you're posting in the wrong thread

Please use the real thread

>You'd need to buy a US AC Adapter too.
No you wouldn't.

Japanese consoles are at least still available (preorders only opened today), so that could be one reason to order one if you're desperate.

>falls for the most obvious bait I've ever seen
>tells the bait THEY fell for bait
Is THIS bait?

Yes.
It's what I'm doing.

What would you gain by doing this though, if it's region free and the language setting is all that matters?

They have a weak currency and are saving some money

>Posted picture in the wrong post
Shit
What should I name this thing /ninty/?

>>/vp/

release it

you forgot to reply to me newfag :~)

no nintendo games allowed in /nintyg/
this is a bitcoin general

>enemies get first strike!
>Crowd Control!
>Crowd Control!
>Crowd Control!
>Crowd Control!
>Crowd Control!
damn I guess I've just been outplayed

Yes to Runbow Pocket.

You've said the same thing three different threads man, I need more opinions.

I thought you were ignoring me.

Sorry, could you write a mini-review of the game?

why didn't the 3ds get any gta games

chinatown wars did really well didn't it

>chinatown wars did really well didn't it
No, it sold like 1.5m units but that was a total bomb for Rockstar, so they ported it to PSP and never talked to Nintendo again.

oh, shame

There's no games that made sense for it. Ports of older GTA games don't make sense for the 3DS and obviously GTA V can't run on it

Someone please help, is it just that my android is shit?

My brother's iPhone is no good either.

Make sure your hotpot is not set to 5 GHz.

>PLAYAN
>WATCHAN
>LISTENAN
>EATAN
>DRINKAN
>FAPPAN
>FEELAN

It's kind of sad that Nintendo just revealed really great VR controllers for a console that can't do VR

VR is dead and buried.

I'm glad Nintendo isn't falling for a meme technology for once.

May I offer you some virtual ice cubes?

Just viewed videos of the Wii U demo and the Switch demo of BotW. God damn that draw distance increase on the Switch tho. When Link exits the shrine of resurrection and looks over Hyrule the difference in fogginess and draw distance is massive.

That's just an improvement on a technology that's been standard since the N64/PS1. Nothing actively bad like 3D or VR.

>implying the next console isn't the 3DSwitch

That tech was expensive to develop you know

Does anyone know if the 3 Fire Emblem's .cia of SNES in english is available? I'd like to play them on my 3DS but I can only find the .cias in japanese...

wrong general

You should go to /hbg/. Not even memeing, they should be able to help you.

my shit was so long today a gay guy got jelly when shulk came out

>posts about nintendo games in nintendo general
>wrong

That's because the only thing this general is helpful with is the 3ds recommended games chart. Nobody actually comes here, and when they do you always have some idiot telling them to go elsewhere.

Why do you want the .cias? Just use an external SNES emulator, no need to be that autistic.

>>PLAYAN
bravely second
>>WATCHAN
dragon ball kai
>>LISTENAN
mort garson - plantasia
>>EATAN
barbecue chips
>>DRINKAN
hot chocolate
>>FAPPAN
piss
>>FEELAN
ok

3ds can't emulate SNES.

Shoulda bought a vita

The regular 3DS can do most SuperFX games fine and the New3DS does them all at least as well as an actual SNES

>>PLAYAN
some fire emblem game on gba
>>WATCHAN
daredevil se1 to be able to watch se2
>>LISTENAN
nujabes - reflection eternal
youtu.be/_qU2MXeAz1E
>>EATAN
del taco breakfast burritos this morning.
>>DRINKAN
crystal ice pink lemonade
>>FAPPAN
redheads
>>FEELAN
meh. got some plans but life wants me to fail.

Anons just a couple of questions, i figured this is the best place to ask since i really dont have many people to talk to about it, also im undecided if i should commit to buying it or not:

1. Is Dragon Quest 8 on 3DS really the "must own 3DS game" right now? Is it really that good?

2. Does it have a lot of content? I don't wanna drop it after a couple of hours.

>tfw no rune factory 5

The original is pretty widely regarded as the best Dragon Quest game (tied with 5.) I haven't tried the remake yet, but I've heard it's just as good.
Again, I'm basing this off of the original, but it was around 80 hours. There's a couple more dungeons in the 3DS version and I think some more characters to recruit.

If you've never played a Dragon Quest game before and want to check the series out, emulate the SNES versions of 3 and/or 5.