/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General

Meg is life, meg is love

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1e)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvzaqrjo2Is
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do it rank 10 and I'll be impressed
They were majority below rank 10 though.
>Next game a Jake running Bond and that perk that lets me see him selling out his entire team
Top fucking kek.

Dead by Newthreadlight

When are we getting Shelter Woods and Rotten Field offering?

I don't get survivors as fast in my lobbies as I did before the dev stream. Did all the survivor babies just gave up after hearing they won't be able to heal infinity amount of times?

The majority of the playerbase doesn't watch that shit.

>spawn on the porch of bloodlodge as nurse
>look immediately to my right and see a claudette and dwight on the hill
>dwight gives a "hello there" t bag and walks off while the claudette takes extra time to get their bearings
>blink over to the hill in 2 seconds since i used the very rare 2 blink addon and have her on a hook shortly after
>mfw

If anything Self Care is getting buffed.

I don't tend to heal more than 1-2 times a game anyways

They just made it so you now heal faster.

>First game playing with NOED
>Down all 4 at one door and have to slug them since they sabo'd all the hooks
I don't know if I feel ok with this perk. It's kinda scummy.

It really isn't.

>Lose all game
>get a free down at the end of the game
Yeah it kinda is. Its literally a crutch to fix your bad play. Obviously it wont get as crazy results as it did for me all the time, but it wasn't fun for me to instadown people who could barely get away.

>It's kinda scummy.
Why?
They weren't smart enough to get out and/or hide for 2 minutes that's their own fault

After the first one goes down the rest should play more cautiously.

They were all in the same area with no real place to go. Bad planning from there side but still.

>Trying to escape from the exit that the killer is camping
>Not realizing something is horribly wrong once your teammates start dropping like flies in 1 hit
"Overconfidence, is a flimsily tool."

Shield*

So I've been experimenting with different builds with all the shake ups that are coming from the new patch.

Check these out and lemme know what you guys think

>Get dem Purples
-Plunders
-Ace in the Hole
-Bond
-Streetwise

>I'm helping
-Leader
-Bond
-Prove Thyself
-Self Care / Open Handed

>PICK ME
-Object of Obsession
-Sole Survivor
-Decisive Strike
-Self Care

>Ninja
-Urban Evasion
-Lightweight
-Iron Will
-Self Care

>I have maybe met 5 or less survivors who knew how to properly pallet loop correctly in my 300 hours as killer
Confirmed Rank 20.

i was thinking of tying this:
>bond
>kindred
>that ace one that extends aura reading
>something else

probably a stupid build, but it would help find people when im injured and show the killer if i happen to get hooked

>Strats that let you kill as killer = bad killer
>Strats that let you survive as a survivor = good survivor

I just don't get this mind set.
You can't have it both ways. If you get kills as a killer you're doing what you're supposed too and you "good"
If you survive as a survivor you're a "good" survivor.

That's not even factoring in how "fair" people feel tactics are.

Autoaim on nurse is bad for so many reasons though. I've been fucked by it on nurse as many times as I have on survivor.

Kindred is an odd perk..while it's definitely useful I wouldn't take it unless you feel you get hooked a lot and play alone.

If you play with friends it can be replaced with voice chat for pretty much the same effect.

i have never played with friends and probably never will. i take it right now so everyone knows what everyone else is doing so they can optimally save me and do objectives at the same time. i want to see how it will work with extended aura range so my teammates see traps futher away, and what direction the killer goes exactly

>I just don't get this mind set.
Its simple:

>Killer "Wins" = 4 players get pissed off
>Killer "loses" = 4 players shittalk the killer

Survivors are the majority of this game and therefore complain most. Since a community is the sum of all its parts; the majority of DBD's community is basically the equivalent to that of salty garbage. **Note that this happens in ALL multiplayer games but since not all games are 1v4.

Meg

>Meg

It's not a bad choice by any means, I just think you're potentially wasting 2 perk slots on the hope that people are gonna save you from the hook.

I personally play like they are never gonna come get me, which half the time ends up being right.

This post gave me cancer.

Meme build

Shit

Shit

Decent I guess

Jenny when?

Jenny is a shit.

>All these chink killers with shit connections
w h y

t. vanessa

Because why not?

Have you tried doing this?

youtube.com/watch?v=cvzaqrjo2Is

reroll my life

>ritual today is heal 9 states on other survivors
>First game is against a bot, this will be easy
>other 3 survivors are too pussy to get hit by the killer

>Run a bot
>With NOED
XD

I tend to run bond over urban evasion for finding people to heal or do generators with, but iron will and lightweight is such an amazing combo

>Do this
>is fine
>Teleporting around in game
These aren't any actual accurate tests

>Laggy a fuck trapper
>check profile after I die
>see this
Christ.

Someone could live in the US and still have shit internet.

>tfw a rank 6 with a full deck of perks tries to talk shit to me

>2017
>they still haven't fixed the infinite on Asylum

>2017
>Still have not seen the Asylum map

You almost had my build there at the end. Trade Self Care for Balanced landing and you current "perma" build

Rancid aids filled sperm taking from a twinks ass.

W...what's this?

>Get brought to the swamp as billy
>Proceed to curb stomp survivors anyway

>finally saying fuck it and trying to get billy and nurse to 30 to get the last teachables I don't have yet from them (everything else has been on the shirne)
>Don't know how to play them at all
God this is painful

The other person here with a 3 letter name that ends with a Z and plays P3 stealth nea, the difference is I suck at the game

They're breeding....

Neat.

>Survivors body block
>so I camp
>They don't understand that scummy tactics beget scummy tactics
When will they understand?
If you piss in someone's cheerios, you think they won't give you an upperdecker? Get real.

You mean an uppercut?

No, I mean an upperdecker.
Look it up.

>tfw you trade your life for a rank 20 jake's

>and then he feels indebted to you and pulls this shit

Poor guy didn't realize what he was getting himself into.

sup condog

Why do people complain about camping when everyone in the swf group goes and lingers around the hooked guy? I don't understand the logic.

Its impossible for survivors to think any tactics they employ are cancerous.
They lack the self-awareness.

Lol I hit rank 15 before I got to lvl 15. The entire journey thus far has been nothing but complaining and excuses. No matter what I do or how I play, I'm either a "hacker", "exploiter" or a "camper".

Killers need to get bonus points for all the salt they pile up at the end of the match.

>Hiding name
No one here cares dude.

Life.

Someone left after they got clapped and now I'm just stuck in the game.

Some fucky business going on this match.

>No one here cares dude.
I-I care :(

I'm pretty self conscious.

"IM TAKING YOU WITH MEEE!"

>when everyone in the swf group goes and lingers around the hooked guy?
Its actually pretty hypocritical of them to think that doing so is not considered "camping" as a survivor.

I'm considering keeping my pc on all night while I sleep and seeing what happens.

Whoops.

Pull your plug senpai, I've had to do it a few times myself.

You'll be fine.

>been told trapping feet is camping even when I leave the area because its too hard for unhooks.
Survivors, not even once.

I did it. Thanks.

not this time Ace

this nigga retarded?

Rekt

I think they would do pretty well playing dbd.

Honestly, they're gonna have to lower the level requirements for perk slots at some point. New players don't stand a chance against all these pekbabs.

File name. Wat

Dying words

"You guys are oblivious"

Bweh

done with l4d2 webms... can't wait for further enduring nerfs after the last one "Recovery from physical stun condition caused by perks is increased by 20%." It was 35% initially...

Guess who got called a camper?

Its like every survivor has something to prove...I've never seen people get THIS upset over a videogame so consistently. I mean Jesus, the drama starts at the end of EVERY match, its just nothing but tears and excuses!

I tend to only do SWF shit though as I'm a bad survivor, I've put probably 5 times as many hours into killer

How shitty would it be to be a forum mod or Dev for this game?

Does deranking still work? I want to play a new killer and possibly have fun

JULAYYYYYYY

There was a reset like a week ago senpai, you should be fairly low rank

It does. You might get put against less skilled players, but almost everyone in all ranks has a full set of t3 perks. Whats funny though is that these people will still shit talk fresh Killers, even though they usually only have 1 t1 or t2 perk. I also would not recommend starting on Hag atm. At least until they rework her hexes and fix totem spawning.

God help any new players who buy this game, they're kind of SOL.

I'm like the opposite. I play killer enough to be decent...ish. But out of like 970 hours I think like 800 hours is survivor. and like 780 of that is solo.

WHY CAN'T I STOP READING THIS GARBAGE?!

that's the only reason why people bother with this game, they think their contributions mean anything and everyone wants to be better than the next person in this "competetive" field

something about being the killer has always been more appealing to me, I've only gotten to rank 8 survivor, but maintain rank 1 killer fairly consistently

Oooook NEVER go into the basement against a Hillbilly...got it.

Nah you just have to play around the middle hook and hope he hits the fuckhuge collision box the hooks have for no fucking reason. After that you can usually manage an escape. If you're on the stairs, you're going to have a bad time, but if you can goad billy into the actual basement you can usually pull something off.

>pallet looping clown fiesta

Kek.

Good mental image there.

Hoo boy.

>see survivors lurking whenever I hook someone
>look for the,
>soon as im slightly out of range they unhook
>kill 1, bout to kill another, claudette unhooks her
>literally hit claudette while she unhooks her and they escape
>postgame called camping faggot kill myself etc

Of course, they were all swf.

This never gets old. Oh wait, it does, should not be able to unhook if you are hit while doing so

>Fully decked out perkbab talks shit to the single t1 perk killer
You escaped and he even said "gg", the fuck is wrong with you? Are you actually under the delusion that you defeated him with actual skill?