/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

I still love Cia Edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/
It will include Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword cards.

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.ign.com/the-legend-of-zelda-2017-nintendo-nx/38699/news/zelda-nao-vamos-poder-jogar-com-as-vozes-originais
change.org/p/nintendo-add-japanese-voice-acting-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-western-release
gonintendo.com/stories/272387-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-does-not-contain-dual-aud
youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Sheik is MALE, not FEMALE

Is the user who made pic related present?

Have a wonderful day.

SHEik is female.
Timelines are converging.

In my last run, from the moment I got it, I played the rest of the entire game with that armor. Only because the red armor drains rupees over time. Who the fuck thought this was okay?

I am indeed user, how can I help?
For future reference, and your convenience also me.

She should've won

discuss

What's to discuss?

I've been thinking how the games could use additions to already existing mechanics. Elemental Arrows for one.

Help me out guys. I'm trying to come up with a "special" mechanic for elemental arrows but only got Fire, Electric, and Dark arrows down pat. Coming up short on Light. Thanks to that one user for giving me a rad Ice arrow idea. If you can come up with a way to rework all of them (not just Light) in way that I haven't though of that works better and/or is more novel; please tell.

They need to be something other than their directly shot effects.
As follows:
>Fire arrows
Instead of a whole separate bomb arrow you instead have fire arrow combine with your bombs for a fire-arrow-boosted explosion
>Ice arrow
You know how shooting through an already existing flame lights a regular arrow on fire? What if it was so that the only two arrows that are affected by being shot through a torch are regular and ICE? When shot through a torch Ice arrows generate water, lots of it. Buoyancy puzzles and shorting out electronics and shit from there.
>Light arrow
Also dunno but at least I want to change it's color from yellow to white. (purely so Electric can have a color and blue is taken by Ice)
>Electric arrow
See below
>Dark arrow
Gravity effects when shot at special symbols strewn about the overworld and it's debut temple.

>Elemental Arrows
I had an idea to add a "special" use to each arrow type. Completely unique to each type. For Electirc/Shock/Lightning/whatever Arrow the special would be that you can shoot one straight into the sky then it'd be gone. You could then take out your sword and whatever you target and swing AT a thunderbolt would strike it. For puzzle you could have some targets that can't be shot directly with Shock arrow and only from above, which you have no line-of-sight to. This is solved with the lightning strike special. Or some things simply require that strong of electricity.

Do you not tire of this?

I disagreed wholeheartedly about Sheik.
Nobody has actual agruments against that stance.
She grows a sick with magic, deal with it.

>She grows a sick with magic, deal with it.
lol

Wind arrows, maybe? They cover longer distances and they can have curve directions.

Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are great games and I wish more people gave em a chance. I fully understand why people don't like them though.

I 100% agree with you, user. Didn't like one of the ice themed dungeons though.

I disagree.

>Tulpabro is that editor
Neato

Remember how I talked about asking elsewhere for that pic "completed" and you said it was fine (rude af to do that to an artist without permission)?
Well I never got around to it after the one time I tired on /wsr/. Now that some time has passed you feel up to taking my request?
Pic very related

>If you found a way to make her eyestalks and hair ""tail"" have the same color and veneer as Midna's orange hair, and with the bigger and higher quality source image, you'd be a legend.
Pic related is as far as you felt like going (the recolored eyes) so /r/ing it completed if you feel like it.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

.png > .jpg

It's fun.
And presumably it contributes to the atmosphere of creativity in the general.

shouldn't the cat be enjoying that smell?

it's fucking fish

I'll certainly take the request, but it's getting a little late here and I feel like turning in earlier than usual. So it might not be ready until tomorrow, if that's okay.

I would just like some clarification on what you want done, I would hate to sink time into it, just to do the wrong thing.

Thick brows are so cute!

That's the water dungeon taken care of in TP HD. Next stop, the Master Sword quest.

I want Link to get shot in front of her and she has to drag his body to the resurrection chamber. I want to see the moment she realizes she can't stop the guardians or ganon. I want to see the desperation and despair that goes with locking themselves up in the stasis chambers.
GIVE ME PATHOOOOOS

>Rated T for Teen

NOOOOOOO

Goodnight /lozg/

why are they so perfect?

>I'll do your request but you have to wait x amount of time
I'd wait weeks, this is fantastic. Thanks for whatever you end up doing, if at all.

Here:
You know how Midna can generate things like hands out of her hair? I want it to look like she is doing that to the mass of eyes. That means coloring the tentacles and hair from Gazer's "tail" to have the same shade and veneer as the Midna sample image you used (minus the pink and teal it appears to terminate in, if you will).
The recolor you did to her eyes in is prefect as otherwise her eyes and stalks would look oversimilar.

Also
A. bellow Midna's left ear in your original edit you can see Gazer's arm still and while that doesn't bother me overmuch if you could deal with that with a simple blur -or-, even easier, coloring in orange; I'd love it.
B. To make it look like her ponytail actually fuses with the hair tuft from Gazer you could move the eye that is half covered by to the foreground. This is tall order so ignore this if the trick for doing it is too much of a pain.

Midna is actually directly responsible for my waifuing of Gazer after I found her on Encyclopedia so you can see why I want it.

Link's cool herodom just meshes so well with her mischievous mystique.

Because she would play with her new toy

>aonume: "it's not really darker than previous zelda games"

Some news about BotW - You can set your setting to Japanese if you like the voice acting but it will render all text into Japanese too so no foreign voice-acting with English subtitles.

Damn it Nintendo! You had one job!

Source?

Well, that's quite the request!

I'll give it my best shot, but I can't make any promises that it will be a great job. I'll be sure to drop it in the threads once I've got it done, just ctrl+f search for Gazer!

That doesn't make much sense given that the trailer we got had Japanese VO and English subs. But either way, I hope it gets sorted.
A source would be nice too.

pt.ign.com/the-legend-of-zelda-2017-nintendo-nx/38699/news/zelda-nao-vamos-poder-jogar-com-as-vozes-originais

When translated into English, you get the following from Aonuma

>"In the case of the nintendo switch, if you change the language settings you can change the game to Japanese. This will change everything and not just the voices. It is not possible to play in english with the Japanese voices"

He also confirmed there will be at least two endings dependent on choices one makes during their gameplay!

The darkest Zelda game was Alttp.

Agahnim didn't let Hylians live like Zant, he was a fucking savage that started killing and brainwashing people left and right.

Fucking hell, Nintendo. You're making it more and more difficult to support you.

It is odd that they would not allow oneself to use the language and subtitle of their choice since it would be pretty easy to do. I'm personally thinking they'll end up patching it in.

PETITION FOR LANGUAGES
IT WORKED FOR XENO CHRON
IT SHOULD WORK FOR THIS

I'm about to play majoras mask again on the 3ds for the first time since it came out on n64, I want to go for 100% completion. I was wondering if there are any masks or items that you can miss permanently or since you can just reset the world you can get everything

You can get everything required for a 100%, you'll never permanently miss out on anything

Where can I sign?

The reset resets consumables only, you'll be fine.

because she grew off of Link as a person so they actually had chemistry

yeah where's the fucking petition?

change.org/p/nintendo-add-japanese-voice-acting-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-western-release

thanks

>500
should be bigger desu

So, is this the general idea for the eye stalks>

I await it eagerly

More uniformly orange with less yellow and white but yeah. Ie; sample the darkest orange from her hair and use that for 90% of it

gonintendo.com/stories/272387-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-does-not-contain-dual-aud

No dual audio confirmation

She's so god damn cute

Agreed

WEEABOOS BTFO!

This is now a BotW Zelda circle jerk edition

Needs futa cock

good thing ninty switch isn't region lock

those doujins about ganondorf cucking linking are gonna be more delicious

>preference for the superior quality voice actor
>Weeaboo

>yfw all the doujins will be C91 doujins

How do you know there won't be?

>muh glorious nipponsese

Basically this. The voices in Japanese sync better with the scene being portrayed. Zelda throws her head back in an obvious wail of despair and the English VA decides some sniffles will work. And the old woman's voice is clearly a woman in her mid 30s to 40s trying to sound old. And the line near the end about rescuing the daughter feels as if there is hardly any emotion in it at all.

Have we talked about the fact that there will be no changing of your name in BotW? It's Link for all play throughs. Makes sense though, seeing as how Zelda calls you by name at the start.

I'm fine with it since I've always named the characters Link.

That's a result of having voice acting, you can't customize the dialogue in any way.
Besides, Link has always been the actual name.

Why do you think it's weebs because they have a preference for one over the other? I can't stand anime, but the Jap VO sounds far better than the English

People actually changed Link's name? The only time I've ever done that was when I'd put Zelda in to unlock Master Quests.

>when I'd put Zelda in to unlock Master Quests
Wait, what the shit?

Original Zelda

Enter your name as Zelda to unlock the Master Quest version of the game.

>muh *grorious Nipponese
fixed

So, this is what it looks like if I sample the hair colours, is it better?

I love how tall she is

youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k

>He doesn't know

Fantastic it's great

Awesome, I'll keep going for a while and then turn in. I'll get it to you tomorrow, guaranteed!

My bad, I always forget it was called Second Quest in the first TLoZ.

Take as long as you need.

This is, what, 4 years old?

I wish this was real

what a stupid name.

Four Swords Adventure is my favorite 2D Zelda game.

Are you mentally sub par?

Hold up. What does sub par mean?

only if "Wind Waker 2" ended up as this, not Twilight Princess...

That's what your Dad said before he walked out LOL!

First of all, I'm not black and neither is my dad. Second, we both have the same name, so he loves it. And third, fuck you.

If I can't see it now, I already feel let down

>pic related
was that a jojo reference?

Why do all the Midnafags forget what a fucking imp Midna is? She would never be cuddly and shit like that. She'd go around setting fires to shit. In a way, she'd be a better fit for Arson of the Wild Link than Twilight Princess Link.