/acg/ - Armored Core General: You Let It Die Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Gorillaz

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Hallelujah

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Money

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Reminder that since last thread die, Rayleonard is now the official sponsor of /acg/.

I'm okay with this.

bump.

Dear /acg/
Ya'll are bustas who keep faking me out every time I ctrl+f for animal crossing general.

Love, /acg/

bump

bump

dicks

Bump.

Why do you all even bother with a thread if half of it is bump posts?

Most of the discussion happens at daytime

Almost all of /acg/ is north american with some european posters, so there's a 12 hour active period and then nothing but bump posts all night long.

bump.

fucking hell m8

bump

Not when your so called elite squad gets crushed by a relic of the past.

lol

Rayleonard built the future and you fucks had to go trash it for your own greed.

That long defunct corporation has certainly contributed to our success. Although they were also eager to launch those assault cells to avoid further competition with us. There can can be only one super Corporation in North America, now with that relic as our puppet we made GA-AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!

GA is chinese though. GA America is just their manservant.

>new CEO of GA America promises he's going to make it great again
>hasn't even moved into the office yet and he's been seen striking deals with Omer
Oy ve-er, oh boy, I sure am looking forward to the greatness.
Because we actually still play our game with each other from time to time. That's all the justification we need.
But if you ctrl-f for animal crossing general, that shouldn't bring this thread up. We don't have animal crossing general anywhere in our OP.

I can assure you that we have no ties to the former nation of China, hell they don't even have a Corporation post dismantlement. However we are working continuously with our friends at Technocrat to improve our glorious rocket technology and to bring our Mobile Fortress production lines back to our colonies!

We are eager to help and greatness can only come with cooperation.

>New CEO of GA America promises he's going to make it great again
>he hasn't even seen a NEXT in person until he takes office
>he fires all the engineers and operators and replaces them with people with no experience
>they tank the economy by trying to build a giant wall for no fucking reason other than to get re-elected

This is why your NEXTs are cheap and why your pilots are bad

bump

pull up

I never finished this map, but does anyone want to help me by scouring the wiki for AC4/FA locations and which faction controls them?

What do you guys think of the recon units in VD? Good gameplay mechanic or too easy?

Good gameplay mechanic. Definitely not "too easy", since previous games had a 3D radar.

I would have liked to see more use out of the UAVs, possibly allowing them to follow and see the opponent's AC in a picture-in-picture thing like operator view does.

Recons had a lot more synergy with multiplayer strategy and helped get players to communicate better too.

I haven't ever actually played VD multiplayer before, but is there a way to deploy 'decoys' that would show up as enemies on the enemy recon unit?
I think that might be an interesting mechanic.

You can deploy autonomous turrets which stay in one place, but also show up as enemies on the recon unit and scan mode. They also draw your lock on away, so it's possible to spam turrets when sniping so that the opponent keeps losing their lock on when they try to snipe back, or so they can't tell if you leave the area as easily.

It's not used seriously because rarely do people snipe from that far away (its very difficult to hit and leaves you wide open for retaliation) and because turret deployment weapons are very heavy to equip, but if you're just trying out something fun it can be a challenging, but legitimate, strategy to use.

Not in any efficient capacity.
The turrets fired from the turret launchers will register on a recon as an enemy, but they can find out that it's a turret pretty quickly through scan mode.
It's much more efficient to have a recon jammer so that they might skip over you.

Another reason people don't do it often is also because ACs are fast enough that they can close those range gaps super fast, so the best way to snipe is to keep moving. Turrets won't move with you, though.

Turrets can also work well as cover fire for tanks to prevent them from being bladed to death, especially missile turrets, because they will stun lightweights and knock them out of glide boost when they try to rush the tank.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about recon jammers. Those are actually really useful and can throw even good players off.

Recon jammers have the same problem as turrets in that they won't move with you, but at least you can keep a chain of jammers alongside you and they have a fairly wide effective range, so you can use one jammer and get 2-3 different places to pop out from behind cover with.

Love 5th gen's recon system. Love it way more than previous gens' radar. And, given that the only attack you get is a kick, when using the Scan Mode functions, I certainly wouldn't call it an easy-mode button.

You can utilize turrets to great effect, when combining them with a recon jammer. Anglerfish worked for a reason. Even the smartest of foes will assume that where there are turrets set up, the user must not be too far away. Though, admittedly, the point of that build was to use the turrets to lure someone into a tunnel/cave, where there was also a stability jammer ball set up. This would lead the victim to getting stun-locked until the AC stepped out of the recon jammer's range for a one-shot pile. So, given that stability jammers don't work for shit in VD, it isn't a viable strategy anymore. Also, it's kinda of a one-use gimmick, that only works on an opponent once, unless they're really dumb.