The tragedy of the Taino people

These people were peaceful gentle, but not only that, they knew agriculture and sailed around the oceans, they were a good willed culture but were exterminated by the Spaniards mercilessly.

Why are they never mentioned, it was complete genocide, pure Taino people in Hispaniola are virtually extinct now, that was a tragedy and a vile act.

These people had massive canoes that could contain up to 150 people, they even had some form of proto writing, yet they were exterminated.

Why does noone ever mention it?

Because they aren't pokemon and thus nobody cares.

>we didn't do nuthin
>we wuz good boys went to chuch errday

because white people in a nutshell

>Colonists dindu nuffin, they were just spreading civilization to savages

>sneeze
>faggot indians start dying and don't work
>they all die because it's a small island
>this is extremely harmful and expensive for your economy but somehow you're the evil genocider and it's all your fault
>fags on the internet cry like they could have done anything about it

Kys

>Which the Spaniards no sooner perceived, but they, mounted on generous Steeds, well weapon'd with Lances and Swords, begin to exercise their bloody Butcheries and Strategems, and overrunning their Cities and Towns, spar'd no Age, or Sex, nay not so much as Women with Child, but ripping up their Bellies, tore them alive in pieces. They laid Wagers among themselves, who should with a Sword at one blow cut, or divide a Man in two; or which of them should decollate or behead a Man, with the greatest dexterity; nay farther, which should sheath his Sword in the Bowels of a Man with the quickest dispatch and expedition.

>They snatcht young Babes from the Mothers Breasts, and then dasht out the brains of those innocents against the Rocks; others they cast into Rivers scoffing and jeering them, and call'd upon their Bodies when falling with derision, the true testimony of their Cruelty, to come to them, and inhumanely exposing others to their Merciless Swords, together with the Mothers that gave them Life.

>They erected certain Gibbets, large, but low made, so that their feet almost reacht the ground, every one of which was so order'd as to bear Thirteen Persons in Honour and Reverence (as they said blasphemously) of our Redeemer and his Twelve Apostles, under which they made a Fire to burn them to Ashes whilst hanging on them: But those they intended to preserve alive, they dismiss'd, their Hands half cut, and still hanging by the Skin, to carry their Letters missive to those that fly from us and ly sculking on the Mountains, as an exprobation of their flight.

>The Lords and Persons of Noble Extract were usually expos'd to this kind of Death; they order'd Gridirons to be placed and supported with wooden Forks, and putting a small Fire under them, these miserable Wretches by degrees and with loud Shreiks and exquisite Torments, at last Expir'd.

Fuck.
This is why Bartolome de las Casas was awesome, by bringing attention to these atrocities.

>getting defeated by fucking blankets
LOL

>These people were peaceful gentle
This meme needs to die.
Native Americans warred raped and slaughtered just like every other human on the planet.

They used oral tradition in place of writing, and when the Europeans wiped out tribes there history was lost.
We still know they were savages from the oral tradition of the surviving tribes and archaeological weapon / skeleton discoveries.

Quit being an autistic edgy fuck

Based Spain.

This SPECIFIC culture was peaceful, I'm Not talking about all natives of course you retarded fuck

>Native Americans were all one culture guys

He was talking of the fucking Taino, you idiot.

Yeah say it to me on your computer in english brutha.

>An island people with no neighbors to war with is peaceful.
Wow you don't say.
And yet they still had weapons for war.
I'm sure they just used them to catch butterfly's and not raiding other tribes / warring among themselves.

>They had big canoes that they would use to sail around to other nations spreading friendship and love
Just like the Danes spread love to the English.

Humans will be humans in any culture.
Have fun with your white guilt thread.

Taino here
>inb4 but dey extinct !
nope. grandma was probably last pure taino ever
>no such thing
dna proves it
>but...BUTTT
no just stop

Now thats out of the way, i can say for sure we were not a peaceful people all the time. we were split up into "kingdoms" sort of. tribes that had there own territory so if yo you stepped into some one else's turf, you be sure there was 100+ warriors with macanas waiting for them.

True disease did defeat us. it sucked but it happened. Conquistadors were being tossed left and right when they came for us. but no armor penetrating weapons either so we were fucked.

We originated in south america from our Arawak brothers, but i guess at some point they sailed into the Caribbean and not just there we even had a presence in Florida, we sailed back and fourth a ton.

why make a post with the answer already in it what a spook

thanks for mentioning it anyway

I have TaĆ­no roots and live in the Caribbean. Spain did nothing wrong. They took a group of lazy, uncivilized people who knew nothing of advanced agriculture or architecture and molded them into a half-decent culture. The only tragedy here was that the Caribs were not wiped from existence.

little rinkydink tribes were genocided all throughout history. should we have a holiday for everyone ever exterminated? no

Is there any precedent for this guy? Denouncing and exaggerating the cruelty of your enemies is one thing, and some might acknowledge the cruelty of their own people while justifying it through a 'greater good' like religion or civilization, but condemning en masse the actions of your own people and religion against pagans widely perceived as barbarians seems really unusual in the pre-modern world.

>They took a group of lazy, uncivilized people who knew nothing of advanced agriculture or architecture and molded them into a half-decent culture.

They slaughtered them like animals, killing the women and the children, feeding them to the dogs, yeah, they gave them agriculture, sure

Gave whom agriculture if THEY DON'T even exist anymore!

Gee I sure hope aliens come to earth, torture us in horrible ways, rape our women, kill our children, and then give tot he surviving 1/4 human 3/4 alien superior technology

100% blood Taino here. We were the most blood-thirsty race on Earth, so much so that we all killed each other for the sport of it. Spanish came beaming like white gods and found our empty island. I am the last of my people.

seems legit

100% blood conquistador here. We literally came to their island bearing gifts and love and Jesus. Immediately, the Taino attacked. We asked them to stop, but they wouldn't. We had to fight back! We didn't want to, but they forced us! They raped and murdered their women and children before our very eyes! I just wish we could have done something...

>they had big canoes

OH WHAT AMAZING PROGRESS