/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>mineral spirits edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Honda ITR
youtube.com/watch?v=1pK6JE0M0AY

>Original CRX Owner
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4CXkHZCeQ

>Honda Pro Jason driving the new NSX
youtube.com/watch?v=KOlwV6MdKsc

>Ricers
youtube.com/watch?v=UNjqtBLtXp4
youtu.be/bdsmHXCgTKQ

>2 Step
youtu.be/1bD33jyOV-Q

>Shingu road rage
youtube.com/watch?v=zQNT64lgCB4
youtu.be/Cvv2RyS78-k

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zQNT64lgCB4?t=37
youtube.com/watch?v=SY7EAgUIBXA
flickr.com/photos/kschildstar/
youtube.com/watch?v=pwSvL08isHo
smile.amazon.com/33-2021-High-Performance-Replacement-Filter/dp/B00062YICS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486348974&sr=8-1&keywords=33-2021
youtube.com/watch?v=TKcK7Va3n0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0wWLjbc2tAA&t=247s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

youtu.be/zQNT64lgCB4?t=37

>that stop sign roll

Shingu will defend this.

Lel I can't defend it. It's a big open field so any cars can be seen for miles. I make mostly complete stops anywhere else.

I gotta extend the IAT sensor wires and I'll be good to go on this intake.

I roll stop signs just slow enough so my speedo reads 0mph. I don't fully stop unless someone got there before me and if there's a cop

OBD1 time, fuck it

>$700
Wew

It's done. Reinstalled an IAT sensor and the crank case hose. I'll replace the filter later on with an AEM one. You can see my zip tie engineering on both ends of the pipe. One to hold in the IAT sensor and the other end to secure it to one of the bolt holes the OEM intake attaches to.

I'm down to just one CEL code and that's just for an O2 sensor. I'll get one from my buddy tomorrow.

>Cold start car
>Cranks beutifully
>AC is ice cubes

>Start the engine warm
>Inition cutting out while cranking
>SRS light on now which scares me
>AC won't blow cold
I'm only noticing the AC issue now because it's warmer, but my CM5 is seriously retarded.

why don't they put the intake towards the front of the car and the exhaust facing the back of the engine bay? just flip the engine around

They actually did do that starting with the 8th gen I think? Honda engines back then turned the opposite way. My trans is on the passenger side and not the driver side like other cars at the time.

Ok so I just found out about this dude 6two1

That dude is always in japan, can he speak japanese?

He is wicked annoying, like his personality but is car content is great.

Anyone have any idea what Im babbling on about?

if not skim thru this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SY7EAgUIBXA

>that one with the anime girl on the side

I've seen a few of his videos. He's got a store online with lots of cool Honda shit but it's Europe only. I love the attention to EGs the channel has.

if you skip forward to the track part thats when the even cooler civics show up

am I buggin or is he actually wicked annoying? Like his entire demeanor

Yeah I can see it. Doesn't bother me too much though.

>you will never have enough money to do a bunch of super cool, super clean civic hatch builds and drive them around a nice looking track with you buddies all day

Test drive with the intake was pretty good. I get cool whistling woosh noises at high RPM. Intake temp was around 100F so I don't know if that's good or not since my car never had that sensor until now. It's also a very warm day today.

Nice work. The zip ties are barely noticeable

hondas are so fucking gay

Ok.

Why don't you get a strut tower bar

I should pick one up. I have one for the rear too but it interferes with putting shit back there so I took it out.

dude lol my stang will smoke that pos

Always nice to see a clean well cared for EM1.

ok.

1. thats not my car
2. I like mustangs as well and yours is nice looking.
3. what are you even trying to accomplish

same.

it belongs to this dude

flickr.com/photos/kschildstar/

It's OK it's not his car either. kek

>based image search

Might pick up pic related with some tax money. I don't know. I'm very indecisive so I might not.

Ok you got me. These are what I drive. Now you can make fun of me.

>it's not an Si clone

That's pretty sweet like that. I'd be the fag with the Si tails.

Gee Bill, TWO Del Sols? I almost got one from an user here but the engine blew up before I could get to it. I got lucky.

why do you have 2 Honda Del Sols?

actually i have another in the main garage. it doesn't look like this anymore though.

Why do you have 3 Honda Del Sols?

Not him but why not? they rev over 7000 rpm and they're really small, so they're a cool car in my book.

youtube.com/watch?v=pwSvL08isHo

Welp..
>white one was first car handed down to me
>wrecked it (minor fender bender)
>bought blue one on right as parts car
>fixed white using parts from blue
>decide to keep blue because vtec yo
>give back white to parents
>1 year later
>buy blue on left
>it's manual unlike the other two
>all i ever wanted (except it's not an si)
>now i have to swap the parts over and will sell the blue automatic
>will eventually be putting in forged rods and turbo charging it.

checked when motor running, oil splatters up to 1/3rd stick
turn off car, got tools, check again

80%
wat

Was the CR-Z really that bad, bros?

Every time I look at it, I worry we made a big mistake by rejecting it.

from the manufacturer its was shit but I enjoy the design of the car.

It was a good idea that was poorly executed.

2,650 curbweight with 120-130hp (depending on year) doesn't sound that bad. But they wanted it to be 2 things that were total opposites: a sporty hybrid.

It isn't that fast, and it doesn't get that great of mpg (40 hwy).

If you tune the stock engine with a supercharger, you can get up to 200hp, but then there goes your good-ish mpg. And at that point, why not just do a K20 swap?

Then that brings the question: Why didn't they just offer an SI edition?

The design is the best thing by far. The hybrid is just ass. My friend's CR-Z can barely match my MPG. He has the supercharger though so that probably sacrifices MPG.

Honda should make an Accord Si so you can rice around with the whole family.

Post pics nigga.
I've wanted to see a CR-Z with a factory supercharger after TFL did a video on one.

I want to like it, i really do

I'm considering buying this racing filter out of fear I may not be able to get replacements in the future.

It could have been better. The rock bottom prices now make it acceptable. Just saw a dude pick up a 2011 with 60k for 7.5k
And at that point, why not just do a K20 swap?
Because that costs alot more

Just asked him for a pic. Here ya go.

smile.amazon.com/33-2021-High-Performance-Replacement-Filter/dp/B00062YICS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486348974&sr=8-1&keywords=33-2021

Amazon a best. If they ever stop making them you could always just go aftermarket. I had a filter in my stock airbox for over a year straight and it still looks very clean.

>gut all the hybrid crap, and gut it more in general if necessary to get it in sub 2500lb Miata territory
>throw in base civic engine, which is as powerful as the miata engine
>keep it at its current price, market it as a Honda style FWD Miata competitor that starts for 5 grand less

Literally all they needed to do. Would've had better sales, better performance, better MPGs, and probably cheaper on their end to.

muh bread is fresh af on that shit

Thanks Shingu. Saved me $8.

Or maybe not. Oops.

Damn. They just recently started charging sales tax in my state on Amazon. I hate it but I have a prime sub so I still save some money.

SRS and AC is not related

I know, my whole car is just glitched, still pulls though.

>watching vloggers

Is your car affected by the recall?

Put a heat shield see if that changes

Yeah my grandmother took it into the dealer for the killer airbag.

We never said they're straight

I'll probably mess with that sometime. That corner of my engine bay is fairly cool. I should have checked the temp with my old setup first.

I bet it's cooler than before, though. That intake pipe is layered.

Join the collage faggot
SeeLooks like the one in the collage but the one in the collage is swapped and it's a manual. Pretty sick build iirc. Guy disappeared after joining the collage

Look for factory ones first ya ricer

They'll be great when the batteries die and people can pick them up for a song, then gut them and junkyard K swap/turbo them in non-cucked emissions states/counties.

>tfw state is too cucked to run a straight pipe or drive a stock jack roush supercharged mustang

>my area only wants my lights and horn working

Best thing about the south in general. Most freedom for cars. Shame about the roads, though.

>thirty two year old car
>look for factory parts

TX reporting. Even here we have cucky emissions counties in large metro areas. I've been under their meddlesome regulations for the last 8 years and looking forward to the fact that I can engine swap/go OBD1 now that I've moved.

If the Accord hadn't fallen into my lap i probably would've bought something from the early 90s and be exempt from emissions.

Yeah I think Baton Rouge and maybe New Orleans have emissions but my parish doesn't have it. Mississippi dropped inspections statewide in 2015 I think.

Honestly in non-freedom areas that's the only way to go if you like to tinker.

lol, you're a coon-ass? The only time I come to Louisiana is to kick it at the strip clubs/boats in Shreveport.

Born and raised in Mississippi but that state is dogshit so I moved here. Real nice, as long as it isn't raining all the damn time. I'm on the Northshore.

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=TKcK7Va3n0Q

>thought the EG was gonna be sleeper as fuck
>it was just a pile of junk after all

kek

I know a few black Honda guys. They're pretty cool.

Black Honda ricers are pretty based.

youtube.com/watch?v=0wWLjbc2tAA&t=247s

>that temp needle

TRIGGERED

I'm getting head gasket flashbacks.

I had a black guy in a Camaro ZL1 tell me to take my car to Almonaster (illegal drag strip). Maybe when I get that tuned ECU but I don't see myself winning any races at all with my D. lmao

Neat. Closest family I have is in Lafayette further west of you. Real pretty there, but I've only visited a couple of times.

Stay dry, nigga.

I went to Lafayette twice so far. First to get my first auto Civic, and again to pick up a header that didn't even fit my car. I need to find out what it fits so I can get rid of it.

>after I took this pic I almost ran over a stray kitty within the first minute of driving
>tfw almost activated a cat curse

Realest nigga itt

Snow sure does come and go fast. Neat.

I keep wanting to get clear corners again every time you post a pic. I might go for genuine Stanleys this time.

Nah we got lucky this season. We only had a month of snow on the ground at most. Usually it's at least 2 months of winter

Of snow*
It feels like fall all this time

Very nice. I'm ready for Spring to hit. These random cold ass days are annoying. Gotta check the weather before I walk out every day. Could be 75, could be 45.

I hope the low is 50℉ in spring break so I can get my supra running. I miss it so much.
Also got my W2 yesterday. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I'll just hold on to the money in my bank ($3k) no mods and no fun allowed till I graduate. I'll probably break that rule tho
/blog

Mine was approved for $1700, supposed to be in my bank by the 8th. Sucks though I'm short on money for the two auto pay bills hitting just before that. I'll have to borrow a little bit if my tips don't work out for Tuesday and Wednesday.

>He owns TWO Delsols

I jsut drove my swapped crx on the highways guys. I rev at 4k going 70 mph. It's a riot..

>4k at 70

wew that's high. I do like 3k with my D16 Si trans.

Is that in your tallest gear? I turn 4k around those speeds if I put it in D3.

Yep 5th gear. Thanks ITR trans!

Ehh, that engine can handle it, my redline is 6800 so it'd be pushing it but yours will keep on going.

I am running the B20b fyi! Unless u saw me say that from last thread lol

Good thing you didn't blow it up. Check the oil level real quick

>B20b
Aww damn, still shouldn't hurt it, I pop mine into low gear and hoon it at 4500 rpm to clear the carbon.

>tfw I hit 6k+ RPM multiple times on my test drive with the intake

My MPG dropped to like 22 according to my app. lel