XCOM General - /xcg/

The Long War Goes On

Previous Mission: News:
1) Long War has been released!
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view
Above is the compatible mod list for Long War 2

2) XCOM2 has released for consolefriends

3) Julian Gollop is still working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, eoscape and character progression. Set for release in 2018.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

EXPANSION STATUS: UNKNOWN

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Music to Kill Ayys to
youtube.com/watch?v=XtMEewdvnFI
youtube.com/watch?v=oM1PRgYJm20
youtube.com/watch?v=InjF8xj93LU

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/tlhbhdwkjppbbud/My Stuff.bin?dl=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626804565
rutor.info/torrent/546064/xcom-2-digital-deluxe-edition-long-war-2-update-8-5-dlc-2016-pc-repack-ot-xatab
vocaroo.com/i/s0UQdDeCJMp4
youtube.com/watch?v=RHZR-2ub6h4&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=H3lgPazT-NQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pistols are utility

>Most common complaint about XCOM 2 is that the combat revolves entirely on alpha striking

>LW2 fixes this

Hey coo-

>But the optimal way to play is to literally never fire a shot

LW2 is trash.

Why you guys say there is no pirate version of long war 2? I found one.

>boo-hoo now I have to actually setup opportunities for good shots instead of just nuking the pod from orbit

What mod do you guys use to add Resistance DLC armor options to normal kevlar and beyond? I can't find one that includes them

I just want my dirtied XCOM EW armor repost

>You in charge of reading comprehension

I literally said them nerfing alpha striking was good you dumb fucking inbred.

Let me expand so your tiny, negroidic mind can follow.

The biggest problem with XCOM 2 was that combat had 0 depth. It was kill or be killed in 1 turn. People wanted the protracted firefights of LW1 that allowed for maneuver and tactics. Destroying terrain, suppression, flanking, flashbanging, chem nades, etc.

Well, LW2 did that. And thats good. Gatecrasher was a blast, getting to have a multi-turn firefight in XCOM 2. It was thrilling and it was challenging. I couldn't wait to keep playing and see what new possibilities would arise from new maps, new enemies and new items.

And then it turns out that the only way to play most missions due to the enormous size of maps and seemingly unchanged timers is to send the smallest possible squad and speedrun to avoid every enemy possible.

See the problem?

People didn't bemoan XCOM 2's lack of stealth. They bemoaned the combat. LW2's brilliant solution was to fix the combat but then make it something you ACTIVELY want to avoid. The feature everyone was most excited for is the one will optimally experience the least.

The whole point of LW2 is to avoid playing LW2. Its a speedrunning game, not a tactical combat game.

pistols are useful

If anyone is interested, heres a small list of custom characters I've made.
dropbox.com/s/tlhbhdwkjppbbud/My Stuff.bin?dl=0
All you need is CapnBubs Accessories, Custom Face Paints, Xcom 2 International Voices Pack, and GrimStyleArmor

Anybody else think that Infiltration is kind of fucked right now? I'm passing up missions left and right but generally it seems that the only way to get anywhere close to 100% infiltration is to only send 4 soldiers, which makes anything other than an "Extremely Light" baseline next to impossible. And choosing to load up your squad and do almost no infiltration isn't much better, especially when the timers are so restrictive and the map is filled with pods.

Kevlar for playable sneks when?

How many faceless, voiceless soldiers do you have on your squad?

That's the curse of the Long War team. They have tons of great ideas but they're disgustingly awful at balance and will make the game literally impossible because muh challenge

Xcom 2 lore is that you lost and you're now a guerilla. The whole thing is that you have to pick your fights wisely. You can skip a pod, but you're risking getting it on your ass later on. You can sneak out a VIP out of a city pretty easily, but by doing that you're not leveling up anyone and ADVENT will eventually get tired of your shit. And many mission types cannot be done 100% hidden

Cute Vipers are always great.

I remember requesting that way back
a pity that its fuzzy

fug

i mean we can't see the turn timer but this is super doable if you're not trash. (you probably are.)

ripperonis

what to do in this situation: throw a grenade and hope it kills a few of them, flashbang them all, or overwatch ambush?

Flashbang, most of them will run to the car for cover. Grenade car.

Sooo... I got a few lucky missions and got a lead to some sort of network tower (or whatever it is). But the thing is I dont even have sergants yet. Nor lazor rifles. Should I try to do it? Or is it really hard and I'm gonna get fucked?
Posting again cuz new thread

Rookie is love. Rookie is life.

link?

Steam-bros, can you please upload this mod somewhere? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626804565
Author didn't uploaded it on nexus

rutor.info/torrent/546064/xcom-2-digital-deluxe-edition-long-war-2-update-8-5-dlc-2016-pc-repack-ot-xatab

inb4: >russian
i'm pretty sure if i found it on first russian torrent i checked you'll find it on any other

these loading screens are pretty neat

ye

i just got the most fucking bullshit gatecrasher map ive ever seen

every pod was clustered into 3 buildings with max cover while i had to advance with no cover or flanking opportunities whatsoever

Isn't that the EXALT symbol?

yeah, i found English torrents too but any of them have the mod files alone, all are isos or repacks and ain't downloading the whole game again...
Let's wait, maybe someone upload it.

>not wanting to play metal gear xcom

was I the only one who enjoyed doing sabotage facility missions with a single concealment-focused assault?

There is only exe file that need to be cracked, right?

>dude turning xcom into a literal stealth game is a good thing lmao

is there anything more pathetic than a long war dickrider?

They are slightly bugged, the static sound doesnt always play.

No.

I love LW1 and still realize LW2 is shit no one asked for. Neither here nor
>Reddit
did anyone ever say the game needed more reliance on stealth.

You faggots have to be doing something wrong if you're having this much trouble with long dong 2.

I can barely beat a commander ironman game on X2 and I'm having a pretty easy time with it on veteran.

Bump

IQ is coming along, she's suffering from a case of spaghetti arms at the moment though.

>enemies spam overwatch across the map in heavy cover

>flashbangs do not reach

>11 percent to hit

>cant move up

wow.... such fun

Good to know.

The game needs all the QT it can get.

Which missions can you get away with a 1-2 man squad?

facility sabotage

since people said my original game was bugged because of my operators not returning after a mission, I lost my decent stat xeno-phile me
Any easy ways to cheat through gatecrasher so I can try to get me back through the rng? Dont really want to spend 10-15 minutes during the op only to get the wrong/no potential

>Supply raid
>5 days till expire
>Mid-lite enemy force

Dropped 25 intel on it, only had to kill 19 enemies.

Now I've got gauss guns coming and the tier two armor done.

I still haven't seen any avatar project progress or been able to attack the blacksite.

great job man

Nice Quads

forgot pic

Play on Rookie your first time, no exceptions

Get tactical, equip silencers, leave the hot stuff at home

Some missions require stealth

Some missions require flame throwers

Infiltrate beyond 100%

Know thy enemy

Don't be afraid to evac

Don't be afraid to abort missions

Always move up

Not every enemy must die

Not every soldier must live

If you're bitching there's 8 pods and twelve turns, then leave the mission.

Not every target is a good one

This is not LONG WAR 1

Rreeee, share this shit with me please

The worst thing about long dong 2 is that hacking a door or container reveals your operative.

Why is this a thing?

buy the game ;)

are you currently only doing ports, Uncle G? Or would you be willing to do edits (such as adding vanilla kevlar chests to playable aliens?)

THIS ENTIRE UNDERTAKING WAS THE PRODUCT OF AN ILL-CONCEIVED PLAN

A SERIES OF SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDINGS MET WITH AN

OVERZEALOUS RESPONSE

This.

You're playing guerilla warfare doing hit and run tactics.

Not open war funded by all countries on the globe as a super secret military group.

Out of all of the problems with LW2 this is not one of them. Figure out how to play the game.

I don't have 30$ :c

>reeeee this game isn't LW1
>reeeee i'm getting bullied by ayys
>reeeee why isn't this game LW1
>reeeeei i'll keep eating shit instead of just going and playing LW1

all the dummies in this thread lmao

The playable Snek mods don't allow you to customize them at all, right?
Would be nice to change their scale colors.

Time to find out what everyone is bitching about. LW2 Gatecrasher time.

vocaroo.com/i/s0UQdDeCJMp4

good summary of my experiences so far

Like this?

it used to be able to. let me get my laptop, hold on
if it is as customizable as the kevlar on the humans then yes i love you

Not him, but that looks real nice.

You could customize her scales as well as her armor had xcom insignias on the shoulders
mind the shitty resolution

but there was something about the alien hunters dlc that ruined that, so now you just get literal clones

this makes me feel like some skyrim yarl is telling me about the endtimes

I should do a snake voice pack, for maximum adorable.

im just going to use Dr. Vahlen's voice but hey, if you have a cute voice then sure
post a vocaroo sample user

don't forget to edit the .ini to get more dmg from your weapons, and bonus supply multipliers

I imagine it might be the Underdeveloped Snakes you find in the Alien Hunter DLC that caused it to break, unless it happened to all aliens.
As in record it your self, or find a fitting voice?
>Inb4 it's just samples of actual snake sounds

Snake as the Snake I posted, here is where she's from.

youtube.com/watch?v=RHZR-2ub6h4&t=4s

I haven't needed to increase my damage, but I would just invest in clearing out debris to fix your supply problem without making your havens too specialized

>Get tactical, equip silencers, leave the hot stuff at home
Fuck off cheater scum

. . .oh
>No "Yesssssss Commander"
>"Moving to new posssssssisssshun"
>"No lack of targetsssssssss"
>"Earth issssss my new home, too"
>"For the ressssssissstanssssse"

Veteran LW2 is too easy and Commander too hard. What do?

For that we'd need an actual femanon.

Does the playable aliens mod not work in the character pool? I've replaced the viper model with the kevlar one but it just shows up like this.

Play rookie to get a good high going then play legendary to send you crashing down?

it does not, unfortunately, you'd have to get it in game
Just use console commands/quick start mod
Give yourself 3 viper corpses
Do the Viper Autopsy
then you can make a viper
Sorry for the complications

How far into the LW2 campaign did you get?

Should i install this game on a SSD?

would probably help with load times

is there a lw2 compatable commander's choice mod?

Yes.

Kk

>enemy is flanked
>he decides to hunker down for some reason
% defense on the shot
why

Hunker Down is a legitimate strategy if you're flanked and need to use 1 of your moves on something else. If all he did was Hunker Down then I don't know what to tell ya.

yeah but how the fuck does crouching under cover make you less vulnerable from the flank

Because Turn-Based games. XCOM is no exception to having illogical abilities.

My Viper voice would be this
youtube.com/watch?v=H3lgPazT-NQ

I couldn't get into LW1.

Will I enjoy LW2?

Well whatever the dlc did to break the customization is affecting my model too, the game just uses the original viper model.

This is how it would look though.

What if you made that into a separate armor slot?

the only viper we need desu

There has to be a way to make it work...

Why couldn't you get into LW1?

Can you make custom anime heads?