/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/marcrobledo/RetroArch-Playlist-Builder
youtube.com/watch?v=9ETbIuD6d0c
youtube.com/watch?v=N12u_mg3_xM)
patreon.com/Nekotekina
steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#emulator
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/commits/master
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2263#issuecomment-273626176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck, I just made one too:

I like this thread more

you can always edit the playlist files and add the roms you want, unless you have trouble with the whole set or something

You can make custom playlists to add stuff not picked up by scanning.

This javascript thing seems to work pretty well. Just copy the path of the folder where your DS ROMs are to the Path field, drag and drop the roms onto the page, then export the lpl, name it "Nintendo - Nintendo DS Decrypted.lpl" and place it in the playlist folder.

github.com/marcrobledo/RetroArch-Playlist-Builder

keep getting this SD card error with every copy of DQ VIII i try, anyone know what the issue could be? the SD card is working fine for everything else

rpcs3 (the ps3 emulator) is now launching a Patreon to have a developer work on the project full time. It can already run some real games like Persona 5 and the Hatsune Miku games (youtube.com/watch?v=9ETbIuD6d0c and youtube.com/watch?v=N12u_mg3_xM) but more work is needed.

You can check it out here: patreon.com/Nekotekina

So, what's the best emulator for some multiplayer fun? (Multiplayer as in online)

Also idc if it's an old as fuck console, as long as there's fun games and the multi is good

probably since it's euro

Dolphin has good netplay.

so i've been using mame .160 ever since it was available too download

has there been any developments that make it worth it to download the latest version? feels like you can play pretty much every (2d) mainstream arcade title out there by this version

I'm amazed he got to 22 dollars

Don't you need a very good PC for dolphin? I play on a laptop

Eh, depends on how good the laptop is.

How much work is he even going to be able to do on his own? Is it really worth investing in one guy?

So is there a fix for Darkstalkers Chronicle on PPSSPP? I can make the game run (somewhat) but the graphics are weird (some parts of the background overlap eachothers, the pause menu appears behind the character sprites etc..) Could another PSP emulator run it better?

Make sure you're using the standalone and not retroarch's core.

That is all I can advise.

Anyone have experience with the arcade version of Darius 2? When i boot it up i get horrific loud audio glitches at the start when the Taito logo appears, and then periodically it happens mid game too.
Tried MAME and FBA cores in RA, and also their standalone versions. Tried different roms from different places too :\

Where can I get the bios files for psx emus?

literally on the wiki found in the OP

wiki

I have galaxy tab s2 9.7 tablet with 1536x2048 OLED display. What settings or plugins should i use for ePSXe to make both 3d and 2d sprite games look as close to original as possible?
Do emulated scanlines actually look anywhere close to how they were on actual CRT displays?

I hope people notice it. Made a thread about it but it died

bump

let it die

So, is it possible to use DLC in cemu yet? Specifically for MK8?

So Cemu seems to be the 'in' thing atm, does this any way kills the interest of other emulators' development?

pcsx2 and dolphin taking their own sweet time for anything noteworthy, if there is one.

Bros, please help. I'm running the FBA core in RetroArch (I'm on OSX). I used to run all roms just fine on Windows. But now every CPS2 game I try crashes the emulator. The only one I can play atm is Final Fight, it runs perfectly. But otherwise, can't even play Super SFII.

I tried putting QSound in my ROM folder. Tried 2 different files. Didn't work.

Neo Geo works just fine though.

Don't forget to add me.

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889

Also my Source Film is almost done!

Would this or /hbg/ be the place to ask about ripping a save off of a 3ds card so I can use it with a downloaded .cia?

>try pc-fx emulation
>segfaults
y

What should be the settings for epsxe android for the most accurate output? I really dont care much about graphics enchancments.

I think you'd have better luck around /hbg/ way, only because I have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

That's not emulation related, why the fuck would you think it belongs here?

Because you touch yourself at night.

nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#emulator

So now that even using emulators is illegal, as well as dumping your own roms from your own copies, are you people going to abide by the law?

go back to and learn to read. They don't explicitly state emulators are illegal.

this is legalese horseshit and Nintendo knows it. There's nothing they can do about emulators so they resort to scare tactics directly linking emulation to piracy. The fact of the matter is that putting a disk you own (or dumping a cartridge) and playing that with an emulator you own is not illegal, has never been illegal, and never will be illegal. Claiming otherwise is a lie.

I honestly hope Nintendo sues Cemu just to prove a point that closed source emulators are bad if they shutter due to not wanting to fight, but I'd still donate to them to help them fight if they did. There is clear legal precedent that emulation is legal and Nintendo would get laughed out of court.

patreon.com/Nekotekina
reminder to donate so that you can play RDR on PCin a century

No.

RDR already boots and plays its intro on Xenia.

>donate to this one guy and save PS3 emulation
>he's not the original dev who did most of the work
>and he hasn't done anything in the last few months
>but gib mony pls.
lolno.
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/commits/master
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2263#issuecomment-273626176

is there any progress in emulators on psvita?
The moment this happens this console will be a beast

Tried various versions of Nox, I'm currently on 3.8.

I don't know why my Nox still says my Virtualisation isn't enabled, despite it being definitely enabled.

Tried to update my BIOS, didn't change anything.

What's the reason for this and how can I fix it?

I can't launch PPSSPP no matter what I do. I've tried downloading the official and buldbot builds and nothing.

It worked 2 weeks ago, what do you think changed? New Nvidia drivers?

>Nintendo would get laughed out of court.
CEMU dweebs are this delusional.

so...how do I run a game in Cemu? the wiki is obtuse as fuck

How do I GET the key?

If anything this promotes N64 tier hacky emulation as the developers will only work on well known titles to get those patreon bucks

>CEMU dweebs are this delusional.
There is legal precedent of Sony getting rekt in court over a commercial emulator on a competitor's system.
In case of CEMU money wouldn't even be a problem as they are getting 5K per month and when the law suit hits all they need to do is release the source code and rake in donations.

Lemme guess, emulators even for public domain stuff like demoscene shit is illegal too?

The key should be posted with the game scene release?

is it possible to play mario kart 8 on cemu with the DLC or 200cc update? I can't find any definitive answer on this

No, at least not yet.
Sea emu still needs another two years before it will reach a good state imo, I know that's a long way off and it's progressing very fast but I definitely think it will be worth the wait, as opposed to getting it to work fruitlessly right now.

Just get a save manager for 3DS. It can copy the saves to your SD.

Checked the wiki, but didn't really have a best of. Looking for some good romhacks I can play that aren't Pokémon. I haven't tried really anything else. Anything on NES, SNES,GBA,Genesis since I'll be using th 3ds to play them

Why do you think consoles want to go digital? And Microsoft wanted their console not to play used games

Have you tried Super Kaizo Mario World? Don't forget to ask /vr/ as they are experts on this subject.

What is that?

I've seen videos actually might as well try it our and I'll go ask /vr/ thanks.

retroarch --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1
Run it like this then launch the game and paste the last 20 lines of the log.txt here

>is it possible to play mario kart 8 on cemu with the DLC or 200cc update? I can't find any definitive answer on this
Yes with the update

I merged the v64 update and now I have 200cc
Also there's a complete cache on reddit

NO TO DLC

I love free market capitalism
its wrong
rofl
wouldn't be able to live without it in fact
my entire day revolves around it
I've made hundreds of thousands thanks to the stock market, so yeah...
that's not honest work
but it's the game everyone is playing
yea same here but with acquisions and selling off companies
get a brokerage account as your first step
once you've done that, fund it and start gambling on leveraged ETFs
tehcloud: when we sold our first company, I put my dividends into a CD, and the interest alone paid all my living expenses
that will let you build up a solid base for real investments in dividend-yielding assets
this is what I don't get about people who want to make money in emulation
there is no money in emulation
spend your time on the stock market if you want to get rich :p

#retroarch, still happy to take your patreon money

Guy with the i7 and gtx 970

I cleared the forsaken forest, and now I'm at windfall island.
Not once I got a drop from 30 FPS since I tweaked my settings, hell I even put the GPU buffer back to medium

This game is very comfy

I'm up for using vulkan in retroarch, but for some reason it causes NESTopia to run really choppy.
I want to use vulkan for beetle-HW though and that doesn't work properly in GL any more.
Any ideas for a fix?

Is there anything you did differently other than specifying performance in the nvidia settings?

Is it possible to apply two .ips images to the same rom? Want to apply color and sound restoration to VI Advance.

looks like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army, aka the aspect raidou's game

On 2nd look, this appears to occur in all 2d cores. Master system/megadrive are also choppy in vulkan.

Anyone wanna netplay brawl?

Is it safe to emulate virtual boy? I've read that it could strain your eyes and even cause blindness. Is it safe to emulate it without the risk of going blind?

>Is there anything you did differently other than specifying performance in the nvidia settings?

I have a zotac card and used the zotac software to overclock it to 110℅

I am using the reddit cache with about 9000 assets

I set CPU timer to host

I use 1.7.0 patreon (patched offline with mudlord bps) instead of the public 1.7.0d

I play on a 3840*2160 4k screen

anyone?

Alright then. Thanks.

Virtual Boy is very dangerous. If it doesn't cause you to go blind it will cause mustard gas to leak out of your PC.

Just don't do it.

tfw no one will netplay with you
g-guess i'll just keep fighting cpu

Stop emulating.

This is a very stupid question, but where do you actually find 3DS games reliably? Google brings up fucktons of pages but while I am not smart enough to know where to find the games, I am not dumb enough to just click randomly.

Read the wiki

whats the best emulator

It's windows and nvidia sucking ass as usual.

Linux = masterrace as always

I can't find any downloads for Wiiware, does anyone have links to Mega Man 9 and 10?

Check the thread archive from like 3 or 4 days ago, i posted a magnet linkl with every wiiware and vc title

Okay, I managed to get both of them, but my audio is fucking up really bad and I'm experiencing some slowdown.

Is there a easy way to get Wii games like for Wii U?

Wiki does not help

No, why would there be?
The wiki is good enough.

Check the dolphin wiki then.
Works on my Machine™

But if they actually manage to make a working PS3 emulator, you'll play it all the same won't you, you autistic parasite?

230 bucks already? That's pretty good

So where's that PCSX2 progress report?

It's close...

hps2x64 is the future

As in you'll need to a time machine to get to the point in time where its actually worthwhile.

tehcloud is not part of the dev team. It's the nestopia guy.

It wouldn't be finished in a million years, and mooch has probably only got five tops before he kills himself.

>responding to the resident pajeet shitposter

Is the G3258 good for average emulation? It got a very high single core performance, but only 2 cores and 2 threads

yeah dual core is ideal for most emulators. Are you overclocked?