I am looking at the attached truck. I want to spend as little as possible on a vehicle. I already have a reliable...

I am looking at the attached truck. I want to spend as little as possible on a vehicle. I already have a reliable, decent daily. This would be more for a project. According to the ad, this 1986 F150 is in good running condition, the 4x4 works as advertised, no serious mechanical issues (that are being disclosed).

Cons are the dents, rot in the bed wheel wells, rust in other areas, a rougher interior. The truck is not currently plated or on the road.

He wants 1500$ for it. What would YOU pay for this F150. I will post some more photos. My biggest concerns is rust as this is an alberta vehicle. The odometer is at 208,000 Kilometers or about 130,000 miles.

Also he says it is "straight piped" which means nothing to me other then "buy a muffler"

I don't think the interior matters. The truck is 31 years old. It has the bench seats with camo seat covers, camo steering wheel cover ect.

>Cons are the dents, rot in the bed wheel wells, rust in other areas, a rougher interior. The truck is not currently plated or on the road.
Yep, it sure is in good running condition

cant kill an old ford

1500 seems high, honestly wouldnt go a cent higher than a 1000

mice have probably chewed the shit out of everything

His response to if it is on the road and levels of rust:

"It's not currently on the road, I don't have time to drive it, there is a bit of rust in the box wheel wells but other than that not to much"

I think $1000 is a little high you can get a much better condition car than this for $1000

I have a car. I am looking at a truck or SUV. 1000$ is my desire. My conditions are running and able to be plated.

a car isnt a supposedly running 4x4 truck

>1500
>rusted out shitbox ford truck

overpriced by 800buxs

god knows how many miles are on that thing those odometers only had 5 digits so once 100k it goes back to 0

let it sit for 25-30 days then make him a offer, no one is going to pay that much for that shitheap

yeah, but even at $1500, thats extremely pricey for what he's getting

This guy couldn't be arsed to weedeat around the thing before taking pics. Clearly this truck hasn't moved for years and the seller is storing junk in the bed. He's hoping someone will give him money to save him having the haul the truck off.

This seller is lazy, so trust nothing he says about condition. The tires will need replacing because clearly the truck has sat in a field for years. All fluids will need exchanging. I have a hard time setting a bottom floor on what I would pay for it.

>$750

Supposedly pic related.

I agree. I was curious about prices.

So somewhere between 600-800$. If is was on the road running and reliable, I would think 1200 is fair. I was considering offering 600$ first thing.

Honestly, that's worth like 700 at most.

After further scrutiny, I would guess this is a family selling off Grandpa's old truck. Notice the RV in the background. The photographer in profile looks like a Millenial in a straight-brim cap. Nobody has bothered to make the truck presentable because Grandpa spawned a bunch of good-for-nothings.

I would guess you could go as low as $400, if you showed up ready to take it away immediately and expected to have to take the junk in the bed with you.

The seller IS young. I am guessing it is a farm truck somewhere within 45km of my current locations. The Conex almost proves that.

Yeah, I'd show up with 500-600 Mapledollars. If it runs and moves without bits falling off, offer the cash. If they balk, remind them that they don't really want it because they didn't clean it up.

Don't be afraid of offending them. My guess is the grandson is selling property at Grandpa's request or as part of an estate sale. As long as you're talking to him or his mom or dad, you can talk turkey. Just hope Grandpa isn't still kicking around.

>>Mapledollars

I think that is what I will be doing.

>Also he says it is "straight piped" which means nothing to me other then "buy a muffler"

I overlooked this bit. This means it won't pass emissions because the catalytic converters have been stripped out.

I've bought 2 broncos (an 85 and a 82), both were fully functional and running.
The 85 is 100% rust free (love the desert and 4 inches of rain annually).
82 had a brand new 6" lift, owner just got tired of the project.
Payed $800 for each.

Most of the country doesn't have emissions testing.
And judging by the horizon and the fact that everything is green and growing, he's probably not in commiefornia.

As a fellow Albertan I'm always a little cautious about vehicles in ads that are out of season.

Like if he just sent you those pics in February you ain't in Alberta my man.

>Canada
>no emissions testing

lmao

If you're just looking for an old banger, I'd say go for it. If it runs decently, I'd offer 1300 for it.

Also, why would you want a muffler? lol

800 at most
Those are common as fuck here in the south, maybe not up north.

California here, depends...
What does it weigh?
They buy scrap metal by the ton here.

be prepared to never do over 40mph in it, those trucks had wandering in the steering from the factory, even with a full refresh i can guarantee itll be fucking horrifying to drive at highway speeds.

$500 max.
I'd go up to $800 for on the road.

The interior is likely fucking disgusting.

1 owner, runs good, AC blows ice cold