What do I do when a part is "unobtainable"

Any of ya'll come across this issue before?
>Putting exhaust in my 240
>Need another rear muffler bracket
>look online, none of the regular sites have it.
>any time someone on zilvia.net or any other forum has the same issue the thread ends with "NVM found one"

Other urls found in this thread:

nissanpartswebstore.com/p/Nissan__/Reinforcement-mount-bracket/52216625/7554735F10.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

junk yards
group buys
similar cars that use the same part
make your own
etc

row52.com

that looks pretty simple to fabricate

Make it. It's a car, not a spacecraft.

No 240s in junkyards ever, even though I live in the ciddy. DESU I haven't thought about checking other car tho.

>pic related

Lemme just learn metal-fab real quick

get the part number and find a online part reseller that still sells them.

nissanpartswebstore.com/p/Nissan__/Reinforcement-mount-bracket/52216625/7554735F10.html

Then pay someone to do it. I could recreate that in less than an hour and probably improve on the original design.

Buy a car that isnt shit

Well If your near texas ill pay ya 10 bucks to make one

Buy a car

>10 bucks

No. But good luck begging.

Good comeback scumbag

15!

Just wrap it around the frame with some chicken wire. Not like you're ever going to be able to drive the car enough that it will matter.

Ill pay 15 for you to scrap that pile of shit.

Official 240sx hate thread.

As a mechanic in a performance shop, I willingly admit that a work order that has Nissan 240sx in the vehicle field definitely gets a "not it" by anyone picking up a work order for their next job. It should just say "well used dumpster fire."

Trust me I'm aware of it, I had been looking for 4 years before buying the one I did. I totally understand the stigma but have you ever driven a sr20?

bust out dat welder

not him and yes
underwhelming for the amount of love and current cost.
have you driven a ca or rb 240sx?
ca feels the same for ~$300
rb20 will need pistons and a rebuild but it'll do better at 400whp, and sounds sweet. can also bang the limiter all day doing skids without the valvetrain shitting out, or killing oil pumps like the 25/6, and the ca handles 9k stock valvetrain. a used sr will have more life left than a used ca18 though so it will need a rebuild which isn't a big deal with how cheap a ca is

Weld your own you dumb shit it's obviously not a show car

That muffle cradle looks extremely over engineered. Just get new rubber grommets/dampers and fabricate a cradle using some hollow section. Just bend it into the shape that would work for your muffler.

>not making your own muffler bracket out of coat hanger wire
it's like you're not even trying

>Need another rear muffler bracket
Muffler hangers do not always have to be the exact same shape and source. They are easy to fabricate and many shops will even bend and make their own hangers and sell their labor for it to you at a lower price than if you bought the OEM hanger. The tech benefits because now he got to sell you something with his labor and also collects the separate repair fee. And you benefit when the overall cost is less.

>Well If your near texas ill pay ya 10 bucks to make one
Don't be deliberately obnoxious. $10 for both the part and the repair labor is genuinely asshole of you.

>$10
I wouldn't even say $10 to my dad
I'd make him name his price, then add more to it as well as a case of beer because he's my dad so he's obviously giving my a super low price