New Truck Purchase

/k/ here. Looking to buy a new truck.

I currently own an F-150 Lariat with 260k miles on it. Trade in value $3k.

>make $41k a year between two jobs.
>will get an increase to $46k in about a year.
>possibly into the $50k range.
>have no student loan payments
>have no insurance payments (yes I have insurance)
>have no house/rent/utilities payments
>have no food expenses

I literally only save my money or spend a bit here and there on my hobbies. My only current truck expense is gas ($400 a month). No major repairs required so far.

I was going to buy a used F-250 with low miles for $35k. But I looked at new ones today (in person) and found that my ideal work truck (F-250 XLT) with everything I want on it is only $51k new.

My options are:
>buy exact new truck I want for 51k or less depending on negotiations
>buy nicer used truck (Lariat/King Ranch/Platinum) for same price
>buy used XLT that isn't exactly what I want for 15k less like original plan

I plan on getting a winch/toolbox/brush guard for it cause I use my truck for off-road on sand/mud/trails and for farm use. I need to tow boats, tractors, trailers so I need a 250. With that in mind is a used truck better for off-road and farm use? It's not everyday use but often enough that I need it in my truck. I also carry shit in my bed a lot like kayaks, farm equipment, ect...

So Veeky Forums, which one should I buy. My dream truck, a used comfort truck, or a used working truck? Will I be paying the same in gas for a new 250 as I'm paying for my older 150? Will a new truck require less maintenance?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=445743627
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you ok knowing that you are gonna fuck up the truck using it for truck stuff and you wanna be the first person to fart in it. Sure buy a new one.

dont buy a new truck if you plan on going offroading, new trucks are for cruising with your gf

you dont want to be that guy who buys a $50,000 truck and wrecks it in a month

The new Duramax is badass, but damn they are expensive.

I've never been in a vehicle accident. Most damage done to my vehicle is branches hitting the paint which Ill try to avoid with a new one.

I plan to keep it for 8+ years. I don't mind wear from use. It's a truck not a fucking display piece.

On that note, financing looks affordable but I want the best deal. If I do 60 months it's 4.9% apr. So if I talk it down to 45k I'm looking at spending 52-53k. If I pay full price it's a 60k truck but only $750 a month or so. How should I try to negotiate this. I assume knowing exactly what I want new gives me more power to negotiate. Especially considering most F-250's on the lot I went to were 4-6k below MSRP.

Why not fix the current truck? If it's not rusty it's worth rebuilding the suspension and buying good tires to make it ride nice.

Don't buy a car for more than your annual income while you're still living with mommy and daddy.

4.9 at 60 is terrible

If you can't pay it off in 3 years you can't afford it.

I can afford paying it in 3 years. That's $1200 a month at 2.9%. But I'm not super keen on doing that. I don't have other expenses but a longer loan at a higher rate will cost more overall but allow me to be more flexible with any required costs that come up.

I can look around at banks and credit unions. But with minimal credit I'm still gonna be looking at 3-4% apr. Part of financing this and a CC is to build my credit score before I move on to things like a house.

Mommy and Daddy are cosigning. And it's barely more than my annual income (plus a guaranteed raise in like 10-12 months).

That sound the exact moment to buy a car that's too fucking expensive. If you don't have rent nor food expenses, why not?

In the OP I stated I could buy used one thats new with low miles thats very similar but not exactly what I wanted. Everybody here is under the assumption I'm buying the brand new one because thats what I want. I can get a used XLT with MOST of what I want for 33k-35k instead of 51k and get a '16 with under 20k miles for that price. But nobody here is trying to talk me INTO buying the more affordable truck only saying DON'T buy the less affordable truck.

I guess shop around until I find a used one I like is Veeky Forums's "read between the lines" advice.

>I'm buying the brand new one because thats what I want

that's the bottom line, or you'd look at reality and get something older and a shit ton cheaper than even $30k

Dont buy new, and if you do take your time negotiating like up to 7days snd get a sweet deal. Be a dick to the salesman they are mostly scum along with finance guys.

...If I was worried about $$$ I would be keeping my current truck and not spending anything. I'm not worried about money but I still don't want to overspend by a huge amount. My reality isn't your realty. My reality is I have two stable jobs, zero debt, zero living expenses, and a perfectly functioning vehicle. But I want a bigger truck and can afford it. Either answer my questions I asked in the OP and give me advice or gtfo.

>I'm not worried about money
lol, your parents co-signing?

>Don't buy new

Yeah. Pretty much established that so already.

>take your time negotiating

I have all the time in the world. First I won't accept a truck without certain features. If he finds me one that has them but its too much...well, I don't need a new truck I want one. Big difference.

That was already established. Yes.

you don't want advice, you want validation on the the decision you've already made to pay a bank to let you use their shiny new truck

make your parents proud, buy the new truck

I've already changed my mind on the new one since creating the OP since so many folks said "buy a used one. Save $$$". So I don't know what the hell your talking about unless your just salty your beat to shit 1999 Honda Civic you picked up for $800 is about to break down and now some neet living with his parents is posting on your puerta rican ballroom dancing board about buying a new truck so your jealous.

little boy, chances are I'm as old or older than the dumbshit parents that raised your overindulged spoiled little ass

are your parents rich, stupid, or both?

Honestly, the 1st one. Now you understand why price doesn't worry me. No banks gonna take it my parents would just be pissed if I started to not make payments. So are you gonna answer my questions now or continue to be salty?

nah, they're definitely both

you already got your answer

buy a new truck and make those dumbshits proud

I...I am...that's what the entire thread is about. Me buying a new truck. I'm surprised someone of your intellect hasn't grasped that concept yet.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=445743627

this is probably too peasant for your golden spoon ass

>that's what the entire thread is about
then why bother making it in the first place? you made up your mind hours before you started typing away

that's what you get when dumbshits raise you

>buying aluminum truck

>2008
>supercab not crewcab
>over 50k miles
>no sirius radio

Yeah. I wouldn't buy that.

Are the people in this thread fucking crazy? You shouldn't buy a truck that costs nearly as much as you make a year, period. And the fact that you don't have food and housing expenses makes it painfully obvious that you're either with your parents or leeching off of a friend. If you do buy a brand new car/ truck (including anyone reading this) you are fucking shit with money and will probably die in your parents' basement.

>supercab not crewcab
I plan on getting a winch/toolbox/brush guard for it cause I use my truck for off-road on sand/mud/trails and for farm use. I need to tow boats, tractors, trailers so I need a 250.

did you already give your dumbshit parents grandkids?

he has wealthy dumbshit parents that are going to co-sign for a $50k truck, he's already got life by the balls

The new Fords have been having a ton of issues.
Just buy a 1-2 year old GM 2500 HD.

Unless the money is in your hand it's not guaranteed. If you just used your credit card and paid it off in 6 months to a year you'd have 720+ credit. You're sounding very irresponsible. Just keep driving the old truck for a while. Only immature kids get a cosigner.

>/k/ tries to be civil; the thread

He sounds like a "farm rich" kid thinking his parent's kike grants are anything more than honky welfare. Hate shitters like this.

Enjoy your sub $50k job. You've made it in life op!