-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-It's now possible to install CFW on 11.2, the latest system version.
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Adrenaline, see this post → #

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsthem.es/8564
youtube.com/watch?v=OYN9XWngRds
sendspace.com/file/xgdw06
youtube.com/watch?v=vakXXcPfmak
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
gbatemp.net/threads/release-oldsnes-snes-vc-for-old-3ds-users.430190/
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has anyone here put a psp stickcap on their n3ds as a replacement to the cstick?

Has Nintebdo stopped support for Wii U? Can I remove the DNS settings

So if I don't buy a ds vc game for haxchi before they update the wii u am I fucked?

So why am I seeing so much attention for the Wii U in these threads? Is it easier to hack than anything else or something? Is it the appeal of running virtual console games? Just because it's the most powerful console that appears to be readily hack-able.

PS3 is more powerful than WiiU and is fully hackable (for the hackable models that is).

>3dsthem.es/8564
only 3ds theme worth a damn

WiiU got easier to hack yes.
Also it's about the only thing people see of use for the damn thing given the Switch overshadowing it. it doesn't have another game coming out at this point after BotW. Even the 3DS has games lined up till at least the summer while the WiiU's being left to rot.

yes.
its very easy. they fit in by default and just werk.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYN9XWngRds

important is its gotta be a psp 1000 (PHAT) cstick the others dont fit in snuggly.

Is there a way to get games onto my hacked 3ds that doesn't involve unscrewing the back off to remove the sd card every time I want a new game? I heard freeshop is like this but you need .bin files?

>3dsthem.es/8564
>no scrolling top screen, no scrolling bottom screen, doesn't have custom folders, doesn't have custom borders
HAHAHAHA...Not worth the song in earnest.
Dreamcast is still best theme BTW.

>wanting any of that garbage
user pls

>NANDmin.bin TAKING UP OVER 1GB OF SPACE

Is it necessary to keep this on my microSD?

Posting generic copypaste that no one reads.
How to get passed dragon quest 8 Europe cia extra data error
Stable luma build:
1. Download this file sendspace.com/file/xgdw06
2. Make a new folder in luma called Locales
3. put the text file inside the Locales folder.
Sd should look like this
SD:/Luma/Locales/000400000018F200.txt
4. Go into luma and enable "enable region/language emu. and ext. . code" option.
5. press start to save and start dragon quest 8 and you should be good to go.

Nightly/hourly build:
1. Download this file sendspace.com/file/xgdw06
2. Make a folder called titles inside the luma folder
3. Make another folder called 000400000018F200 and put it inside the titles folder.
4. Rename the text file from 000400000018F200.txt to locale.txt
5. put the text file inside the 000400000018F200 folder
Sd should look like this
Sd:/Luma/titles/000400000018F200/locale.txt
6. Go to luma and enable "enable game patching" option
7. Press start to save and start dragon quest 8 and you should be good to go.

>how do I tell which luma build I have?
Hold select and power on your 3ds which should launch luma. Stable build has "enable region/language emu" while the hourly/nightly build has "enable game patching" option.
You can always switch between the two with luma updater

No lol, put it on your desktop

Freeshop IS this, you just have to link it towards the .bin database. You can also use FBI and scan QR codes and download that way as well for anything that isn't in Freeshop's catalog but is found elsewhere. (DQ8 ATM is a perfect example. They added Wolly World BEFORE DQ8)

If I system transfer a hacked o3DS to a hacked n3DS do I have to "rehack" the o3DS later to still be able to use freeshop and everything on it?

If I were to run out and buy a Vita tomorrow, could I bring it home, hack it, and start pirating all the Vita vidya?

What else does a Vita run? I know it does PSP games, but is it all of them? What about PSOne titles and those smaller downloadable things the PSP had?

If you get ftpd, it allows you to transfer files to your SD card as long as you have an FTP client. Freeshop mentions this as a possible method.

Not unless you fuck something up, no. You need to keep it in case shit somehow hits the fan and you gotta restore, but otherwise if you're already on CFW with your OTP and what not, you can remove that for now. It's not like it'll need to be read on boot or anything.

>bin database
oh shit did not think of this, where/how do I get this exactly?

Thank goodness.
Cheers mate

youtube.com/watch?v=vakXXcPfmak
Nigga if you don't think this isn't the best shit you can leave this thread forever.

Use Ftpd Turbo II or whatever it's called. Just be ready to accept that ftp over wifi to your 3ds is gonna be slow.

It's better than worrying about stripping the fucking screws, though. The N3DS is suffering.

Thanks mate. Running low on space and was looking to make room and BAM, 1gb of space in files9 folder.

I guess even if I somehow managed to mess something up, I can just throw the nandbin in then with no issues I assume?

bls rsbonb
i want a miku machine

3ds.titlekeys.com
Enjoy user. Make sure to look at the top left for a link to get it's QR code you scan with Freeshop, and then in freeshop go to Update -> Auto-Update title keys from URL, and click on the left most button to QR scan.

>dead battery vmu beep
>loud ass fans
>loud ass laser
Ok, this is impressive.

Any idea when Nintendo might release a firmware update for 3ds?

Pretty much. You only need it when you're booting into Decrypt9/(Whatever)9 and using the NAND restore function. You're fine without it, and it's fine to swap on/off without any issues.

no

I would also like to know this

No. The entire ordeal with obtaining the OTP was so you could install the CFW directly towards the system. That's part of the 3DS now.

>finally got custom firmware on my O3DSXL
Now what? How do I get muh free games? What about GBA emulation? Is there anything better than the MGBA on the basic homebrew? That can't run megaman battle network 3 worth a shit.

Thanks for the extra info mate.
Much appreciated.
Have a good night

Whenever Pokemon Bank updates. As those will both chances are happen at the same time. Gotta protect little timmy from them X/Y hacked pokemon after all ( more less jew people out of the national dex for S/M ).

You'd still have the less convenient way of playing the games you download.

Thanks senpaitachi! I will give this o3DS to my brother as birthday gift so he can play Pokeymans for free.

Anyone not setting up CFW on 11.2 is a moron.

With ARK, you can pirate PSP games. So if you have bought a 3.6.1 or higher firmware, you do have that option.

PS Vita has RetroArch nightlies releases. So that's coming together.

There's an ps1 core via. Those RetroArch nightlies.

no need for gba emulation when you can just install gba cias and play them natively

thanks user, this helped me get mine working.

>Jew people out of the national dex
Easy shiny charm mah nigga, and not having to wait 6 months for bank to boot. Sure it's retarded that we'll miss the dex entries but it's a good thing all-in-all.
I even have a living dex in the bank and I'm not upset.

Forgive me for begging to be spoonfed, but pls

I guess I'm a fucking retard.
I just finished setting up freeshop. How do I get out-of-region games/apps to work?

they auto work

Then what would cause them not to work? I downloaded something out of curiosity, a video I think, and it just wants me to reboot.

go to 3dsisos they have a bunch of gba cia injects

You have two options
Go to the emulation general wiki. The one in Veeky Forums. Dig in the wiki there for those 3ds websites.

Or I can give you one URL for the GBA via files.

I get that part but how do I access them? Just drop them to my SD card? Like I said, I just got my CFW, my knowledge of this stuff is basically zero at this point.

if you finished the guide you already know how to install cias

Help me, I hacked my Wii U but I don't know what I should play on it.

Oh? No shit? Just do the shit I did with luma, homebrewlauncher, etc?
And this freeshop I've been hearing about? That's kind of the last piece of the puzzle I'm missing? Sorry if it's asking a lot

>no more m2 blessed sega classics for 3ds
>no sonic 3 & knuckles
>no streets of rage 3
>legit bought the games I wanted to support m2
>literally didn't matter
>genesis emulation on 3ds is spotty if it exists at all
>mfw

What have you guys used to play fe fates? Everywhere I go everything seems fishy/still in progress and subject to bugs and potentially game ending crashes and shit.

If I'm getting Smash Bros for Wii U with uTik thing, will I be able to play online with DLCs ?
I own Smash Bros but fuck them for paid DLCs, and I'm sick to see characters I can't have onilne.

Bayonetta 1/2
Fatal Frame 5
Tokyo Mirage Sessions with the uncensor/restoration patch
Smash
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Super Mario U
Super Luigi U
Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Mario 3D World

That's pretty much all the worthwhile exclusives.

eur special edition with just uncensoring

People that played it played the butchered NoA version.
People that want fantranslation are waiting for it to get finished.

Oh, thanks, I already own Bayonetta, Both Zelda, MK8 (without DLCs), and thought those Mario and Luigi U were utter shit, I guess I'll try that.

Is there any guide on ps3?

>no Dong Kong Tropical Freeze

Solid list otherwise.

They aren't utter shit, they're just rehashes and people wanted something new.
If you didn't play the other ones you won't even know they're rehashes ergo you're fine.
First game was New Super Mario Bros and was on DS
Then they made a sequel on Wii called New Super Mario Bros Wii
After that came New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS
And this is the fourth entry, New Super Mario Bros U
Luigi U is an expansion/DLC for Bros U.

Somehow completely forgot about it.

So I'm gonna get some SNES games on my o3DS XL but apparently both Snes9x and Blargsnes are good so I can't decide. Which one should I use?

snes9x, won't be able to play sa1 chip games though neither can blarg anyway

Well, I played those, so I guess I won't, in the end.
New Super Mario Bros 2 was the last nail in the coffin for Mario for me, which is a shame since I loved 3D land on 3DS.

Snes9X is the better emulator of the two.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

Here. You needed to install CIAs to setup CFW so I'm assuming you know how to handle the rest.

If it's any consolation, U and Luigi U are much better than Wii and NSMB2.

Did you get it as a .cia or did you pach it yourself?

Oh, well, maybe I'll try. Do you now if I can DL and use DLCs online for MK8 ? I insta dropped the game back when this crap got announced, but if I can get them for free, I might try them.

Haxchi CFW lets you pirate DLCs.
As for downloading stuff, WiiUISO and DarkUmbra are your best bets.

Ha ha! Piece of cake! Thanks, I just didn't think it could be that simple. I was seriously like days away from buying that revo k101 gba clone. I'm seriously so satisfied right now idk what to do.

Well, I got the freeshop like thing for Wii U, thanks a bunch anyway, I'll try install those DLCs.

>even if we get those games
>no qt netplay
I want to streets of rage

Thanks. That's what people seemed to be saying but I someone saying ALttP worked better on BlargSNES VC injects than Snes9x and while I have no interest in playing that particular game it made me wonder if any others were better.

On that note, does anyone know if there's a 3dsiso thread for Snes9x VC injects? I found one for Blarg but this forum is a pain to navigate for me. I could just play them on the emulator of course but I like the aesthetic value of the injects.

also just in case you don't want to buy the DS games involved in setting up haxchifw, you also have the option of mocha cfw. those who use haxchi find it way more convenient but personally i didn't want to give any more of my money to ninty even if it was just 6 bucks

Why the fuck would you be playing the SNES version of ALttP when GBA is better?

You can get the GBA one here

i was making a theme in usagi and when i saved it to test it out on my system, it ended up freezing on the home screen white loading page after installing it in chmm2. now when i boot up my system its just a black screen and nothing else happens. i tried deleting the theme from my themes folder but that didnt do anything. how do i fix this?

Well, I'm already on Haxchi since I got Brain training for free some years ago, the only let down is that I have to run Haxchi everytime I boot the thing but I don't want to risk the coldboot thing.

I said I have no interest in playing the game in either version (because I already played the GBA one years ago). I just saw someone using it as an example when I was researching emulation quality.

F

Snes9x had major new milestone recently. It'sd flat out better.

Link to this?

Alright, that's enough reason for me to use it.

I was going to use this thing I found:
gbatemp.net/threads/release-oldsnes-snes-vc-for-old-3ds-users.430190/
But apparently that uses an outdated version so I guess I'll stick with the regular emulator for now.

If you want to run SA1 games then just use the PocketSNES core.
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.3/

Has Nintebdo stopped support for Wii U? Can I remove the DNS settings?

You'd do well to wait for March to roll around, just in case.

Nevermind I just checked and saw that SNES9X updated today to add some SA1 support. Might as well just use that for now.

runs like shit on o3ds which user has of course i would've just said pocketsnes off the bat if he had a n3ds

Doesn't seem like there's much of interest under SA1 games anyway. Already played KSSU so the only other ones I care about are KDL3 and SMRPG.

What's the best way to play any wii game on my Wii U?

Haven't been here for a while, anything better than cfg?

anyone know where i can get the download for pokemons XYORAS and sun?

Can you play SNES games on the original 3ds with mod? Or do I need the new one.

How much should I pay second hand for n3ds or the XL version?

begins with f and ends with reeshop

But WOW, SNES emulation on o3DS is great. It looks good and runs good. The 3DS is amazing when it comes to the sheer size of the library you have access to. I'm sure it's better on N3DS but it really is nonsense that Nintendo themselves could ONLY get it working on N3DS. Like, really? What the fuck is this, then?

well i can still hold select on boot for luma and start for the other thing. this kind of thing doesnt feel like something that would cause serious damage. theres probably a file associated with that theme somewhere on my sd card that might fix itself if i delete it but idk which one

Nintendo has autism

because things like blarg are very inaccurate in order to hit those 60fps nintendo wants to put out something that's as close to the real thing not to mention snes vc uses software rendering which is alot more resource heavy hence only working on n3ds

I don't get it, why does Haxchi have to be opened every time you turn on the Wii U? All of my pirated stuff shows up without doing so. I didn't do coldboot or any of the permanent methods btw.