/indie/ - Indie And Obscure Games General

Juni edition

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ
store.steampowered.com/app/555220/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

woo we're alive again

Yeah, but for how long?

youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ

NEVER EVER

Until night shift, I imagine. My bump buddy seems to have disappeared.

Anyone play LISA: the pointless?

Not yet. Haven't had time lately but I want to

Anyone try Soma Spirits? Is it good?

bump

I thought it was going to be a shoot-em-up.

desu if I see one more Earthbound-inspired RPGMaker game I'm gonna top myself.

Have you heared of Mother 4?
It is the totally legit and real sequel that the dev approves of.

Itoi didn't approve of the specific game Mother 4 that's being made, he just said that he'd want to experience Mother 4 as a player and that anyone else was free to make it in general.

Favorite Knytt Stories level?

I re-downloaded the game and I still have a huge backlog of levels to try out

Don't Eat the Mushroom is a classic.

>start playing Valkyria Chronicles, don't know much about it
>realize the character designs are by Raita

I fell for the steam sale meme for that and only noticed after that it got an actual physical release for pc.

I got it on sale too, ages ago.

The graphics are really nice, one of the best uses of anime-style 3D I've seen.

Shame people know only about the Johnny series when it comes to Kimberly Kubus.
His other games are just as trippy and interesting.

First time hearing of this in general. WHat genre are the games?

I guess the dream is dead.
Tme to preorder the next cod.

pssht there's more /indie/ than one could play in a lifetime

Anyone knows any new text adventures? Last big one I played was Blue Lacune, which was pretty fucking cool all things considered. I also checked out some of the Interactive Fiction Award winners from the past few years, but they tend to be pretty hit and miss.

I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing

That is part of the charme. Figuring things out by making mistakes makes for good stories.

I wanted to, but my computer lags horribly with vxace games. I cant even replay the joyful

New screenshot for ProjectRasperry. It's by the dev that made stories of bethem.

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

It Waits

Anyone tried Detention?

store.steampowered.com/app/555220/

the perspective plane is inconsistent and it looks like shit

Only bridge stands out with a different perspective.

naw man those trees are awful failures trying to ape aLttP

Edge of the water too

>naw man those trees are awful failures trying to ape aLttP

What is /indie/ playing/planning to play?

Holy shit, we are dead or on page 10 a lot this week.

There being no thread where I can complain sucks even the remaining fun out of hunting for mutants.

Yeah I wonder what happened. Did the underrail hype die?

There was a new experimental patch just today. New devlog soon?

I mean, the recent hype had been quite nice, but that it happened is more surprising than it disappearing. We didn't really have much Underrail discussion from something like mid-February until, what was it, November? Whenever the expansion comes the hype is likely to return though.

Nah, I don't think so. The new patch didn't change much, just a couple of bugfixes.

Although those grayed out skill checks if you don't meet the requirement, I think those are new. Unless they've been always there and I've suffered some kind of memory loss.

Anyone else really disappointed by the last Knytt game? It looked like an early 2000's flash game.

Are pixel graphics unpopular with modern gamers to the point where this was a better choice?

I love Knytt Underground. I consider it his best work combining all the strenghts.
The style is from an experimental phase of western indies and he keept that for this work too. It's obvious of course that he is way better at enviroments than humans.

Does it get better as it goes on? I'm not sure if I even finished it.

I probably just have a nostalgia bias for the earlier games and their modding community.

>There being no thread where I can complain sucks even the remaining fun out of hunting for mutants.
Tell me your secrets, o great hunter. How have you approached your task thus far?

Loved it, best in the series imo (although Knytt Stories is a different beast what with the level editor). I liked the art, it reminded me of old claymation and European cartoons. The gawkiness of the characters suits the humanistic theme of the story, they're not supposed to look ostentatiously cool or beautiful.

I did generally prefer the outdoors settings to the underground one though.

There is a clear difference bewteen the first 2 chapters, which are pretty much tutorials to both the mechanics and characters, and the 3rd chapter which is the actual open world game. Exploring the world was a pure joy to me.

>secrets

kek, even joking about this is giving me too much credit.

So okay, two-headed mutants.
If it really is mechanics-related, then I suppose searching locations is pointless, this is something else. Which is good, because I've trudged through every single fucking map like thrice in the past month. Which I guess can mean two things, I'm either blind as a Deep Worm, or the reason why they are in none of these places is because they are in all of these places. All of the places where mutants can be found, at least.

But what mechanics? Combat mechanics? Stealth mechanics? Spawn mechanics? Is this like a Resident Evil Remake situation where you have to kill mutants in a specific way to unleash the horror? Like what, crit them so hard you split their head in two? Nah, but I've critted mutants plenty of times since the patch came out, so probably not. Unless it's random chance, and it's really fucking low. Or it's something more specific, like only possible with specific weapon-types. Dear Tchort, and now I'm actually considering picking up a cleaver and hacking at mutants like I channeled Evelyn's spirit.

However, none of these would require anyone to
>understand the mechanics
because in this case there would be literally nothing to understand. It'd either happen to you or not. And anyway, if it was this simple, someone should have encountered it already. So I'm most likely still on the wrong track.

epeli, I beg you, if the time comes put me out of my misery and put it on the wiki. I don't care how simple the solution is, I don't want to suffer the disgrace of having to find it out from a Codex thread. Anything, but that.

>page 10

can anyone help with this puzzle?

I don't understand what the numbers mean here.

I think I'll start on another Stardew Valley playthrough tonight

each picture represents a number and you're supposed to figure out which is which (0-9)
I assumed it means the top half is adding each picture but that doesn't really work so I'm not sure what they mean either

What exactly do you do in this puzzle? That is, which one is your input? Do you need to write a number in those yellow circles, or click the icons above them in a specific order, that kind of thing.

the bottom half is the input
see each 0 can be clicked to make a number from 0-9

Try 7 8 5 2 1 9

yeah that worked, I see now that the first number is 15. that's retarded though, the 1 and 5 should definitely be closer together
thanks

no wait nevermind I don't understand
tell me your logic please

What game is that from anyway?

Grackon's Curse
pls respond

Has anyone tried running RPG Maker games or Wolf RPG Editor games on Linux? I'm having some problems, not sure if there's anyone here experienced...

You start from the simple fact that each icon represents a number between 0 and 9. Technically this leaves you with two solutions, so the actual assumption I went with is that each number must be at least 1.Which means the highest you can get by adding two is 18.

So we have two easy ones
>E+F is either 1 or 11
and
>A+B is either 15 or 14+1

If we assume it is the latter, and A+B is 14+1, then that means B+C must be 18+1 (since 18 is the highest we can get if both B and C are 9), D+E are 18 or 17+1. If this is true, then E+F can only be 11. In which case neither E nor F can be smaller than 2 and also D+B must be 13+1. However if B is 9, then in this case D has to be 3, and then D+E=18/17+1 can't be true.

Hence A+B can't be 14+1, only 15. So that means B+C is 9, and D+E is 7+1. That means B is 8, because if it was 7 or 6, then D would have to be at least 6, but that would make E 1 which doesn't work.

So working from backwards
2+9=11 > 1 (and 1 carries over)
D(5)+8+1=14 > 4 (1 carries over)
5+2+1=8
8+1=9
7+8= 15

However if we assumed 0 was also an option, then
A=6
B=9
C=0
D=4
E=3
F=8
would also be possible.

I hope I didn't fuck this up, it's getting pretty late here.

Do you use wine? RPGmaker, at least earlier versions could be supported. I think wolf rpg is too obscure.

How the fuck does that work

If the shield is 7 and the mace is 8, how do they make a 5?

it's confusing because you didn't order A-F by the bottom half but I understand
but if you're supposed to go backwards then that makes me angry
there's no walkthroughs online and the only thing close to it is some guy saying the puzzles were easy and the game sucked

They make a 15, not a 5. See .
Also, I forgot to mention the part where B being at least 6 eliminates the possibility of E+F being 1, leaving only C as a candidate for 0 if 0 is an option and confirming that E and F must be at least 2 in both versions. But this should be obvious anyway.

I like videogames.

Sorry, I named them in a top to bottom left to right order since I don't even know what the fuck the icon of C is supposed to represent. It isn't really that you have to work from backwards, you need to work in both directions to narrow down the options. And in the end it's just a simple addition. I don't know much about common core math, but I guess this puzzle is a big FUCK YOU to those who only know that.

Yes I use Wine! But I've been meeting some problems and I've asked everywhere from /g/ to /hgg2d/ and /rpgmg/ and google for the past week. Did you get MIDI playback to work on Linux?

I think it's a crystal ball
also lel, I haven't done paper math since like 4th grade

>if you murder vera in her office and take the train, she still submits SGS to the united stations
Aww. At least you kick her out if you stay.

Alright, so tell it to me straight: how many former biocorp encounters did I miss? Ezra is as communicative as six except he has the common human decency of not bisecting you where you stand if you disagree, the junkyard hermit is mad, Vasilica was hostile when I entered his room, and I didn't find old man nosek. And where is pic related from?

IRIS best girl. I just want to connect her to all former biocorp facilities and help her take over underrail.

I haven't used ubuntu since my laptop hdd failed, sorry.

>no stealth
Oh shit nigga what are you doing?

You forgot to mention Dude.

As far as age goes

Who the fuck even knows tier: Six and Tanner
Confirmed to be over 200: Ezra, Vasilica, Dude, Nosek
Confirmed to be between 189-191:Otis, but he is only talked about.
Confirmed to be around 100~150: Wyatt, Abram, Eidein
Wild card: Azif, Leo

Also, good to know I'm not the only one who tried to last minute assassinate Vera to save SGS from her.

>walking over all the traps
>letting guys jump me in the dark
>I don't know how to dodge or evade or shoot a gun
>I just electrocute guys to stun them then hit them with the hammer
>actually sometimes I also set them on fire or freeze them or make barricades
it all works out pretty swell except for when I get jumped by like 4 guys at the same time who use both stuns and poisons

but now I have irongut pills

I also haven't died since I started using my regeneration armor

the key is being swole af

does increasing psi skills increase damage like weapon skills supposedly do?

Pic related, my stats

Raita? Who's that?

So what exactly did biocorp build hollow earth for? Science just cause they could? What happened to IRIS' father? Why is it possible to find labcoats on skeletons as though they were at their jobs when they died? Why did the complex fall apart?

>does increasing psi skills increase damage like weapon skills supposedly do?

Yup. Also some other things like the number of mirror images you get from pseudo spatial projection.

tis but a minor inconvinience. He'll only return stronger.
Way too much TF2 for my health.

Hold on a second. You were not allied with the Faceless?

I swear I've seen that blue guy before, what's he from?

isn't tanner a god damn android from before the apocalypse?

The faceless seem pretty cool. I didn't let that one guy probe my brain, but I did give an advanced health hypo to that guy in the cage.

I'll probably try to avoid killing them in the future if they don't shoot first.

Facelesses, more like voicelesses. Niggers basically told me "yeah okay here's a box of ammo now get me my cube bitch".

Not necessarily, we don't know how much of them is organic. Six has one prosthetic arm and one prosthetic leg, but the rest might be perfectly organic ayy lmao body and he just lost those limbs in battle or something. And Ezra could read Tanner's mind, so he at least has a brain. As for where(/when) they came from, who even fucking knows. Maybe they've been around from since before the apocalypse. Or they just traveled back from the future. Or they travel around in time so much the question is meaningless. Who knows.

The Commander gives you a clear answer to everything you mentioned except the first one.

Huh, I'm sure he didn't have these line when I first saw him.

Then if they shook off their chains and cast everyone in, how did Ezra, or anyone escape?
It's not plausible that they could have just up and overrun hollow earth. The mails mentioned soldier reinforcements, so there was security on-site. Even if they were more numerous, they couldn't possibly have had access to the necessary gear to swiftly take over the complex. Not to mention, once they do, so what? Where did their technology come from? Biocorp? You're telling me biocorp had an army worth of gear stashed in the closet alongside a hundrer something tunnelers? Then how come we can't find ANY abandonned faceless gear/prototype of gear even in the locked, secure facilities still manned by robots? It doesn't add up.

Why can't Ezra teach mind reading along with mindwiping?

>Why can't Ezra teach mind reading along with mindwiping?
He needs to keep that ace safely tucked up his own sleeve

But he has to know that you'd go through a LOT of dirty laundry killing tchort. Hell, you can bring back the whole mutagen set minus eximus-2 + the scavended D5 you find in lower underrail, and even if he doesn't deduce it, the motherfucker is still capable enough to just pluck the information off your brain as demonstrated by his reading Tanner's mind.

But since he HASN'T wiped all those off your pretty little skull, surely he could answer some questions after this little bonding in Tanner's room, right?

>after this little bonding
It's pretty funny that despite being a total sociopath he is kind of a nice guy.

>trainee walk up to you asking if you can help him learn psioncis
>send him on a private azuridae island
Yeah. Nice. I mean yeah, again, unlike Six, he won't actually hurt you.

Not only that, he for example accepted the commission to make a pretty nice pair of decorated tracking necklaces for Arlene and her husband, and he refuses to fix the dead husband's necklace if you find it, since it would be a pretty dick move to have it suddenly activate so Arlene's would pick up the signal.

When you go to him asking for help with the Beast, he could have easily refused to help you. He wouldn't even have to laugh maniacally and tell you it would be more interesting to study how much havoc such an advanced psimorph could wreck, he could just simply tell you he has no idea how to kill it. But nope, Ezra just simply helps you kill it, just like that. For free.

He also tries to act like a pleasant guy when you talk with him. He fucking compliments you the next time you meet him if you help Harold with the battery issue.

When you confront him about Wyatt, he could just go
>Yes, you got me. Now I rape your mind.
But instead he just denies everything and that's it. No warnings, no threats, he just dismisses you.

Even in Deep Caverns he dindu nuffin. Sort of. His worst sin there we know about is trying his best to convince his fellow technocrat with a god complex to not go gently into that good night. How terribly evil of him.

So in general, when he is not mass-experimenting on unwilling test subjects, he a good boy.

>So in general, when he is not mass-experimenting on unwilling test subjects, he a good boy.
isn't he just thinking about the future of humanity though

trying to make a race of godmen who can terraform the surface again

No idea, he seems pretty content with spending his immortal days writing mundane software for SGS. But sure, possible. After all the Junkyard experiment DID create a disease resistant immortal who doesn't need to sleep, and it wasn't even just a random guy, but the guy they gave the mutagen to.

He is a true transhumanist, that's for sure.

I can has bump

Come on, not again. I don't want to wait another day for this thread to resurrect.

how many people playtest demos for gamemakers they keep close correspondence with?

Not a clue. I did it once, but I'm a godawful tester.

I have, the concept behind Joel's moveset is one of my favorites out of all of the games so far.