/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Castles everywhere edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

apnews.com/759d0f5cf7cb48adae7e24b7873c69a7/Turkish-leader-Erdogan-pushes-to-create-powerful-presidency
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru004sZMqjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off, I wanted to do a new thread.

>see filename
Ah, whatever, you're alright.

2nd for Roma

Mount, or Blade?

>European
what

Definitely Blade

How is this even a question

placeholder

i sense a pattern here

if you're on a good mount even stick will do

>i sense a pattern here
they walk among us

Am I the only one that thinks that horses seem a lot more fragile in Bannerlord, judging from the Gamescom and PCG footage ?
In both of these the horses seem to fall with just one or two arrows or a sword stricke

No it looks pretty much the same to me

I got so used to extremely easy tournaments in ad1257, that VC was a harsh awakening, seriously I have won just 1 (one) since I started playing it, and I am a large level character by now

In the Gamescom live footage his horse lost all its health in one shot.
Maybe it was staged

Can you point it out

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

4:00 onward

Give me three reasons to play Khershit, without mentioning Jackie Chan

>family bullies you for playing AD 1257
How do you fucking deal with this feel?

elite formations

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

Yeah that did look pretty rough, especially considering the horse was armored (though it doesn't look like the heaviest type of armor). I guess it's not completely unreasonable for a high tier ranged unit shot to the horse's head to do that on a medium armor horse.

In the PC gamer battles the horse toughness seemed normal though.

The dickplomacy link with (options) doesn't work properly, should remove it from OP

And here i thought Bannerlord would release before Turkey turns back and becomes a sultanate

apnews.com/759d0f5cf7cb48adae7e24b7873c69a7/Turkish-leader-Erdogan-pushes-to-create-powerful-presidency

>thinking Bannerlord will release

I'm thinking about playing >floris. Could you guys meme on me please?

Play with native troop trees, native animations, and you're set for a good experience.
Don't use native animations if you want to keep the PBOD formations like pike wall, it seems to fuck them up

>floris

damn it, I hate the siege grind so much in mountain blade, I can easily beat the attacking force, but just standing in one place waving my bill around is dull as fuck

the fact that in ad1257 everyone gets a billion reinforcement waves doesn't help one bit, seriously, why doesn't the reinforcement waves setting in the mod options apply to sieges?

How do I get my infantry to approach like this?

This was an accidental occurence

By giving source on this image

delete this

I can't tell if the guy in modb is a developer or some spokes person
Regardless, this mod is shinning for me, they just gotta set a limit on tanks or some shit

I don't think this guy is worth that much..

/mbg/ give me some tips on governing my vassals and making them stronger and protecting my estates from enemies

i maxed out all settings except for autoblock and i'm getting my ass pounded by these faggot vaegirs

PERMAPRISON

What mod is that?

What mod is good for a Native+ experience?

Depends on what you mean by native+ really

Parabellum.
Silverstag.

Well really I just wanna RP reuniting the calradian empire, but with native I feel I'm missing a lot of the features of some mods. So what mod can give me the RP features of reuniting the calradian empire AND loads of adding features that makes me feel like I'm not missing out?

Parabellum

How do I tweak the amount of xp that it takes for a regular unit to upgrade to next level? (veteran warrior to huscarl, for example)

The cantabrian circle is pointless if it isn't firing in a single direction or at a specific target. If you're having your horse archers firing outwards in a circle, you might as well have them stand still.

Also, if your horse archers *need* to fire in all directions you have done something seriously, seriously wrong.

I donwloaded and unzipped Silverstag but when I try to launch M&B the game briefly shows me as "playing" but then doesn't do anything.

Wut do

Is it possible to turn a female vassal into a lord then marry her?

I want a wife with an army so we can go conquering castles together

Thanks guys

is this true guys?

What about the dynasty warriors one?

Yes, which is why Tactics is a shit skill for anyone with a real computer

All troops will spawn immediately

have you tried ordering your team to hold position?

TODAY THE GODS WILL DECIDE YOUR FATE

change campaign AI to average. it buffs enemies' numbers. and get gud at blocking

don't know about that but you can edit the troops xp multiplier from module.ini. it changes the amount of xp the units gain.

>lower wages
>higher morale
>higher army size without grinding renown
and you can always have INT slaves, but not CHA slaves.
CHA is great desu senpai.

I'm posting this every thread to honour the user's dying wish.

IMO horses' charge damage should be tripled across the board, and their health cut by 2/3.

A cavalry charge should be fucking terrifying, but after the initial charge they shouldn't just continue laughing off everything like a fucking tank.

Horses are relatively "fragile" - one spear in their chest or sword to the leg and they're pretty much useless (not necessarily dead because they're tough animals, but no longer battle-useful).

My patrician

did silverstag guy died?

That's me

You guys actually screenshot that?

Lords of the realm?

in very large battles (100 vs 1000-1500) high tactics is the only thing that can save you

yeah, what fucks me over is that I am bad at manual blocking, and since my shield breaks instantly, and often I am spawned without any shield I get fucked instantly, in ad1257 you spawn with your own gear which means that as long as you have a lance you are set

you mean the horse damage?
cos couching already 1 shots everything

Are jinetes/hobelars the best light cavalry?

>trying out parabellum
>after lots of battles have a solid group of 60 experienced Swadian Infantry
>join Swadians as a merc and join in a mass battle with like 300 vs 300 against the eternal anglo
>artillery shells are flying everywhere, bombs are dropping on my head but we win
>only 15 of my brothers survived the fight, 8 of which were wounded
war is hell lads.

>mfw I know what you're talking about
>mfw I have no face

Well did you get heart attack?

Just wait for sieges

>Tfw raiding Swadian villages
Ready to get NORDED, impericucks?

what do they say to you?

I thought you guys were exaggerating about PooP's voice acting /mbg/, lmao what the fuck is this

What does /mbg/ like to listen to while playing? I don't know a lot of music that fits this game other than this and Wardruna.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru004sZMqjc

I listen to the soundtrack.

Depends of what faction I'm playing to be honest

Makes sense

some of the warbans vanilla ost is actually pretty good, like the swadian halls or uncertain homestead

>no french in parabellum
Yet they added fucking canada who holds like 2 cities and the KuK who is on a small island in the south. .

Yeah I have nothing against the OST. In fact I like it quite a bit, but I do like to mix it up as well.

make sense because the french would be btfo'ed in two weeks in-game

>Horses are relatively "fragile"
no they're not

its ww1 not ww2 senpai

Someone post the gay Odin text

Oh how I love to take a stroll on the seaside

poor_little_swadian_guy_about_to_get_BLEACHED.png

>Odin
>Balts

So if you don't like playing with or against cav the only mod that scratches that itch is VC?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ru004sZMqjc
Brytenwalda and Gekokujou and its submods have minimal cavalry too.

>tfw you will never be a steppe horse riding tracksuit wearing modern day mongolian
why the fuck even live desu senpai

Didn't meant to quote that link

But why play boringblanda when you have VC? Played the jap mod to death as well.

I'd like a fantasy mod for a change but I know that PooP is pretty much cav only and Perisno was a mess when I played version 0.7 something. How's 0.8?

>But why play boringblanda when you have VC?
boringblanda is better with more factions and towns in a close cluster

they're invading the balkans or something?

It's mostly the "PUNCH THIS DUMB NOBLE IN HIS FACE" voices every other time i talk to a lord that pisses me off.

>I KILLED MANY BOARS