Dow All Time High

Ok Veeky Forums wtf does this mean and how can I profit from it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Monetary_Fund
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you are little too late aren't you? not the only one i guess. pundits and doomsday morons have been keeping the retailers outside of market since subprime.

well, it's going much higher so you can still profit i guess. ive been adding since the bottom

Can't find this on rh what stock is this

lol biz. it's dow the jones. they sell indiaja jones movie stuff

>well, it's going much higher so you can still profit i guess.
>doomsday morons

Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2017.

You should be amassing CASH, waiting for the market to crash. Maybe buy some gold right now or soon. The strength of the dollar is increasing so gold prices are decreasing, now is a decent time to buy.

Yeah right

I think (((they))) are waiting for Trump to be in office a while so they can crash it and blame it on nationalism. I think its safe to say this bogus rally may stay where it is for now. Up or down doesn't matter though, you can still profit by shorting or investing in what will benefit from a crash.

the trump rally is going to expose the obama bubble. hopefully monday brings the first tremors

>what does this mean
Same thing every other all time high meant. Nothing.

>how do I profit
Continue to dollar cost average. You have been DCAing right?

If you're asking how to gamble, you could try an inverse ETF.

>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2017.
Hmm, sounds familiar.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2010.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2011.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2012.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2013.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2014.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2015.
>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2016.

>Enjoy holding the bag when this thing tanks. I'm calling sometime in 1Q 2017.

if you call 50% drop 20 years in a row once a month, you are probably some day in a position to say "hell i nailed it!"

Trade futures. Literally easy money. Uae your best technical indicator, trade the nq, and have fun.

>names 8 year cycle
2017 is the 8th year

I don't see value in this market. why did futures tank 700 points on the night of trump's election, only to rally hard since then? I'm not in the market so it's easy for me to simply delay my positioning until some time after inauguration. I don't think a reasonable explanation exists for why this rally is occurring after the wall st choice lost the election. appears to be a head-fake. or buy the rumor sell the news.

I feel that the downside risk is too strong atm not to wait a few months. some people say--manage the downside and the upside will take care of itself

They tanked because people thought Hillary would win.

I almost fell into the same trap. Luckily I knew a lot about elections to understand that Trump had a way better chance to win than people realized because of the "monster vote".

I was VERY tempted to bet against the economy the morning of the election... but as I said, I figured Trump had a real shot at winning so I backed off. I did buy some options that made me a few dollars, but nothing serious.

Buffet, Cuban, Bloomberg, Soros took big hits though with their options against the S&P500... they really thought Hillary would win and drive the market down.

>after the wall st choice lost the election
You're joking right? Clinton was never the Wall Street long-term choice. Sure, she was the safer bet short-term, but her tax policies and regulations would have created a moderate headwind for the markets going forward.

Trump's election is a disaster on many fronts, but the wealthy elite are looking forward to reduced taxes on income and capital gains. And corporations are expecting a conducive growth environment (at the expense of the working man and rural America).

There may indeed be some exuberance in the markets as people seem to be pricing in four years of policies that may or may not ever come to fruition. But the truth is, if you already missed out on the rally you blew one of the biggest wealth transfers from the middle class to the 1% in decades. Tough break for you.

Buffet et al were more foolish than you? I don't know about that. What about fundamentals? Earnings? I still think this is a head fake. Soros, Buffet might sell off if Trump actually makes it to inauguration, to induce a crash that is "his fault". There is too much interconnectedness between Clintons, democrats and these big fish to think they will roll over and see this market climb on someone else's terms.

>They tanked because people thought Hillary would win.

They dropped 700 points almost immediately after it became apparent that Trump was going to win, and then swung back around following his speech

You're an idiot. Why would the Democrat cares about crashing the stock market? The average American is too stupid to connect the dots, and most just don't care. Less than 50% of all Americans even have assets in the stock market. A fake, manufactured crash will have little effect on most voters, and will be quickly swallowed up by market efficiencies anyway.

Now a real recession is a different story. When people start losing their jobs and their homes, then they start to pay attention. But short of causing runaway inflation (care to explain how anyone other than Janet has than power?) there's no way to force a recession. I'm not saying it will or won;t happen on Trump's watch, but it won't be fake either way.

A certain hungarian billionaire has his hands involved in destabilizing western countries in a variety of ways. The best way to collect assets is to forment unrest, cause financial instability and then scoop up the pieces on the cheap.

Since you are arguing that this rally has integrity, please expain to me the fundamental upon which you are basing your theory. Even if the market does continue up for some time, there is less and less material basis for this to happen and that is a reflection of the compromised state of the market(volatility is near)

>Since you are arguing that this rally has integrity, please expain to me the fundamental upon which you are basing your theory.
If you bothered to read my posts, you'd see that I already answered every one of your questions, including my view that there is some unfounded exuberance in this rally. I'm too smart to try and time the market, so I don't get my panties in a bunch over short-term swings anyway.

>what is DIA

If you guys are sure the market is in a bubble why not buy into a 3x leveraged inverse S&P500 ETF?

These major bear markets drop the market down like 40-50% so you could make 150% profit in 2-3 years then make even more when you buy stock at the bottom?

Because this is the mother of all bubbles.

If the market tanks 50%, I doubt I'll be able to withdraw the proceeds from my brokerage.

Nah. 50% isn't that horrible. It'll be a recession not the collapse of civilization. Your broker might be driving and living in a 2007 Dodge Caravan but he'll still find a buyer for your stocks.

How many retirements are consigned to the equity markets?

Pension funds...?

Look around, man. How many entities have liquidity on hand to take advantage of crashes nowadays? Where are the savers?

>implying Trump hasn't grown the economy to these massive levels.

it means we about to pop tokyo style

Plenty of firms survived the great depression and they did not have resources we do now. Itll be shitty for a few years but its not the zombie apocalypse.

Also its more of a market correction. The fundamentals of the economy have been shit for 15 years. No better or worse, just now we got smartphones. Just us stock players and the pensioners and banks that'll really feel it. To everybody else itll be pretty much the same.

>I'm convinced I could make loads of money, but I'm afraid to make loads of money.

Just shut up, fag.

>If the market tanks 50%, I doubt I'll be able to withdraw the proceeds from my brokerage.

sounds very reasonable

I'm net short on equities, but I have some long positions. Few bonds.

Most of my wealth is in land, gold, and cash now.

I'm not trying to make money, just beat inflation.

If you put serious money in some bullshit, sub-$1bn mkt cap, illiquid inverse ETF and the market actually does tank, how do you expect to collect? Who will be on the buying end? With what liquidity? ETFs are new beasts that do not perfectly mirror indicies.

Banking holidays happened. When exchanges drop massively, they exercise the right to close doors. Brokers suspend accounts. Fuck that noise.

>All these negative Nelly's who missed out on the Trump rally

You are what will fuel the rally as you capitulate and buy. Plus we are ending a 16 year consolidation phase where the market went nowhere, just like we had in the 70s before Raygun and you know how that turned out

So why not just say that you have a hyper-conservative investment strategy with meager goals? There's no need to posture like you know where the markets are headed just because you're scared of your shadow.

>Implying that your portfolio size is sufficient to create liquidity issues.
Faggot, I'm confident that any broker could liquidate your account with the change from their vending machines.

totally normal rally, pls keep buying

Nice chart you've got there. Unsourced, no scale, and misleading layout. Also clever that you found a wizard willing to do weekly GDP forecasts.

#fakenews

I like my chart better. It comes from the IMF.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Monetary_Fund

I especially liked how you overlayed a fake 2017 GDP forecast over actual 2016 market results, but started them at the same point on the Y axis, falsely implying a relationship.

You are the definition of cancer.

Don't listen to these fags. We all know the federal reserve has printed trillions of dollars of and are trading in just about any market you can name - derivatives, futures, gold, etc. The market is artificially high but it will stay that way until the fed decides to change their policy. You just have to understand the fed and what they're doing. You can't have an honest look at the overall market without understanding the fed.

For example, the night trump was elected, there was a 700 point drop on the market and then all of the sudden it's back up like 900 points before open. You think that was organic trading? You don't think there was intervention? There's intervention in every market now because the fed has decided not to let the market fail

>For example, the night trump was elected, there was a 700 point drop on the market and then all of the sudden it's back up like 900 points before open. You think that was organic trading? You don't think there was intervention? There's intervention in every market now because the fed has decided not to let the market fail
Care to explain exactly how the Fed intervenes in overnight markets? Not some vague conspiracy theory bullshit explanation -- let's hear what they actually did.

>not silver

I'll just catch it on the next crash.

Yeah Im sure the whole financial system will break when you try to withdraw your $ 5.000.

If the dollar is worth more than gold, then inflation is inevitable, but what sort of time frame can we put on the dollar's devaluation?

> I'm too smart to try and time the market

>too smart
>can't time the market

PICK ONE

Already rationalizing failure before he's even had a chance to make a mistake.

right when he gets in office would be too soon, I say 18 to 30 months from now