Would I regret getting an r32 GTS-T over a GTR?

Would I regret getting an r32 GTS-T over a GTR?
The R is more than twice as much from the company I might be buying from and I dont get the benchracing cred.

>12k GTS T
>29K GTR

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrusablog.com/2015/05/replacement-12v-batteries-for-nissan.html
rbmotoring.com/blog/r32-skyline-gtr-battery-usdm-replacement-fits-gts-t-too
skylineowners.com/forum/21-tuning-technical-questions/176703-r32-rb25det-conversion-whos-done.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or just buy a GT-R already here for $18k

They are here already and fully registered in Cali and smogged. Most of the cars I see in cali that cost that much arent registered or pass smog.

There is an illegal r33 GTR for 15k here that I am seriously considering...

GTRs are obsolete. It's best to grow up and stop being a weeb

Thats why im asking about the GTST
No memes of the GTR included.
>rwd
>lighter
>Easier to maintain

Sounds good to me

>burgers are finally ruining the cheap Skyline market

No

I owned both. Much more fun to have a RWD one that you won't feel bad beating up a bit, and the "GT-R tax" is very very real, it will fuck your bank account up real quick.

genuine interest as i've seen your r32

i feel like in the states i'd be laughed out if i bought anything less than a gtr. any insight into upkeep on that vintage skyline? why should i go gts-t (or other) instead, besides initial cost?

its funny watching them pay 2 and 3x as much as a car is worth tho

No, the gtst is a great car. The meme tax is real for the GTR. Also, while the rb26 is a fantastic engine, it requires a considerable amount maintenance and due to the high strung nature of the rb26, parts will break often. The rb20det will on the other hand, was built to last and is as reliable as most japanese engines from the era. It is tame compared to the rb26, but it is still very smooth and free revving. Unless you plan on having some highway monster, the gtst will have enough power for some canyon runs and hetik skids.

>i feel like in the states i'd be laughed out if i bought anything less than a gtr.
Nah, most will be suprised that you could even get a skyline in the states. You will only get hate from benchracing teenagers, who would only be impressed by a 1000+ hp r35 or a boogati.

Even if you import on your own, prices are through the roof

>i feel like in the states i'd be laughed out if i bought anything less than a gtr.
You won't.

>any insight into upkeep on that vintage skyline? why should i go gts-t (or other) instead, besides initial cost?
Upkeep and parts availability, being able to skid it, swap other engines into it without feeling bad.

thanks dude. i'm a moron for wanting one but it's on the menu and i can't stop it.

thinking about it, the ability to swap engines/drivetrains without compromising the "GTR" is to the advantage. you definitely have a point.

Turns out if a want a supra I should just import one and save myself from meme taxes

You're not a moron. I had way more fun with my GTS-t than I ever have in my GT-R.

Don't buy an illegal car unless you are okay with losing 15k forever. And at 15k it's probably a piece of shit.

If you want just the look and most of the feel get the GTS-T. Just be aware that if you try to push past 350 crank HP that your turbo lag will be horrendous. If you want a better engine get the RB25 NEO.

The RB26 is frankly a shitty engine design. The 2JZ was better and any modern BMW aluminum straight 6 will be far superior as a complete package than any of these engines. I'm planning on getting a Skyline GT-R some day and the list of things that need to be reinforced or improved in some way is extensive even if you stay below 500 crank horsepower.

Don't be mad that we have money so 20 year old kids in Australia can't skid them into trees.

>posting a lap time with 180 kph limiter
Go and stay go.

>work in a battery shop
>guy comes in looking for a battery for his car with the highest CCA
>ask him what year and make
>"1990 R32"
>pause and think for a second
>"Not the GTR, right?"
>He replies, "Yeah, the GTR."
>suggest him a $280 840CCA AGM battery for a 1990 240SX because S-Chassis
>doesn't hesitates and buys it
>almost snaps his wrist pulling the battery off the counter

Must be nice. Get the GTR, OP. It's worth it. No matter what you do to it, the GTS-T will never be a GT-R and everyone will remind you about it.

You're actually, legitimately, supposed to sell batteries for a Prius for the R32. They have different terminals compared to most cars.

gtrusablog.com/2015/05/replacement-12v-batteries-for-nissan.html

rbmotoring.com/blog/r32-skyline-gtr-battery-usdm-replacement-fits-gts-t-too

More on the battery thing.

And I would argue that unless you intend to push the car to the limits there's zero value to a GT-R. The weight distribution of the GTS-T is slightly better because you don't have a giant front diff + transfercase + front drive shaft.

The only other reason to get one is because fuck it. You really want the GT-R. Then nothing else will suffice. But the GT-R tax is real.

I just want something fun and unique. I feel the GTR with the awd deteriorates from the driving feel.

I'm leaning more towards GTS-t because the rwd setup. Seems like it would be a lot more fun with more power in the twisties

The AWD only kicks in at the limit and you really, really need to know how to handle it because it isn't like a WRX. If you let off the throttle when you start to rotate it will let you spin because the transfercase depressurizes. You have to stay on the throttle like an RWD car.

The most common misconception is that the Skyline GT-R acts like a true AWD car. It's more like an RWD car that can pull itself out of drifts better.

The GTS-T will be lighter and easier to handle in tight roads. It's about 150 pounds lighter and a lot of that weight is in the front.

Really, just be aware of the RB20's limits. You can't make huge power with it. 250-300 HP is pretty much as much as you're going to get unless you like turbo lag. If you want less lag, get an RB25 NEO: skylineowners.com/forum/21-tuning-technical-questions/176703-r32-rb25det-conversion-whos-done.html

much of a muchness if you can afford a gtr with low milages and good cond with some nice mods go for it they are modern classics

GTS-T for better driving

these
seeing skylines of any trim is cool here, even a base model

Waiting to get a Stagea here.