Ticketed At Home

Any of you faggots ever been ticketed at home?

I went out to my car this morning and found a citation for no-front-plate tucked under my wiper ($50) Shoulda parked in the driveway... FML

Also got hit once for expired tags in the parking lot of my old apartment.

Funny how I've been driving around for over a year with no front plate, yet the place I get nailed is five feet from my mailbox lol

>Also got hit once for expired tags in the parking lot of my old apartment.
If it was the apartment's private lot then that's illegal.

You could try following the law by having a front plate and make sure your registration doesn't expire. Normally works for me

>Street parking
sucks to suck.

Chill. Just venting a bit and seeing if anyone else has a similar story.

Got other people in the household who leave for work earlier than me, so I can't park behind them. It does suck.

>revenue raisers go around to residences at ungodly hours in early morning just to look for people to fuck for a bit of cash

Is this an American thing? I know you cunts sometimes get wheel boots that you have to pay to remove, but this seems really Jew-y.

no it's not. my tenants got hit with the same shit and complained to me. the association says right in the bylaws that the police check for stickers in the parking lot.

You can't ticket a parked car for invalid tags in a private, residential lot.

I doubt it's exclusive to us, but yes, it's a thing. When cops have downtime, they just drive around and hand out chicken-shit tickets. Protect and serve!

My gf claims police ticket her aunt's cars if their tags expire, right on their own property. Which doesn't make sense to me. I'm in a gated condo complex so no police are around me.

they can and they did. the only difference there is that there are no assigned spots, so while you are allowed to park on the lot, the spot doesn't belong to you like in some complexes.

And I'm sure anyone that challenged it had it immediately thrown out. The cops were counting on them not being challenged because people are idiots.

There's just something gross about cruising residential parking lots looking to ruin someone's day. Pull me over while I'm driving... Fair enough. But I shouldn't have to worry about that shit when I'm snoozing in bed.

>Pull me over while I'm driving
But that requires them to actually do something. Just sayin

Like 3 but i throw them away ill claim they flew away

>I know you cunts sometimes get wheel boots that you have to pay to remove
We get those in europe too. And tickets for no front plate if you're parked on the street.

You can probably dispute it. Just say they were stolen/lost/damaged and you were in the process of getting them replaced.

>used to work at a charter school
>shit I forgot my Laptop in office gonna have to go back on Sunday before some nig nog steals it
>go to school
>fuck it might as well get some work done
>lock gate, park in handicap spot because who gives a fuck there's no one parking here
>a few hours go by look outside window, cop standing outside gate
>go outside
>something wrong officer?
>yeah can you let me in I need to give that car a ticket
>areyoufuckingserious?
>sorry I don't have keys for gate
>go back inside and watch the fat piece of shit attempt to climb over gate for about 30 seconds before he leaves
I asked the cop that worked for the school the next day, turns out the handicap spot wasn't even legal because the sign was too low to the ground.

I actually had the plate and mounting bracket in the back seat. Emailed the county and asked if I can just send them a picture with the plate installed, then have it dropped. We'll see what happens...

You can dispute it and say it's just a show car or track car

You don't need to register cars that aren't used on public roads

i got ticketed for parking in a private car park

for a house i own

(permit was expired by 1 day) fucking jews man

I love that.
10/10 quality post.

>Cop thinks "I need to do my job"
>After failing to climb the gate "Dah, fuck it, it ain't that important"

my god no, this happens all the time in australia.

americans get it way less i think, its fucking unreal here how much revenue raising jew shit goes on.

€400 for replacing an oil filter in front of my doorway, even though there wasn't any spillage.

Depends on what shithole he lives in. Some shithole communities have ordinances and HOAs which deem unregistered cars an eyesore so they must be garaged or hidden in your back yard

Was dog sitting for this lady in a neighboring county. Got a citation overnight for not having the county sticker on my windshield...

I DON'T FUCKING LIVE HERE, RETARD

I actually live in a fairly upper-class neighborhood. Can't imagine that the HOA would get so booty blasted over my lack of a front plate. Who knows though...

>not living in kool kids state where no front plat is required

Depends where you are in America. Commiefornia might be the worst when it comes to shameless revenue raising. Broke-ass state will rape its residents for a nickel at every opportunity.

police don't come on my property without a warrant. They learned their lesson last time.

*edgyness intensifies*

Got a "warning ticket" (24h to move your car or get ticket'd) in front of my house once because some retard thought my private road was public.

Do you live in nazistan?

I got two at my college.

>neat, an ticket
>read ticket
>says it will prevent recovery registration if unpaid
>check website for paying
>.com site
>whois reviels nothing special
>ignore intensifies
>renew registration 2 months later

Prevent re-registration*

wtf is a county sticker

>fairly upper-class neighborhood.
Upper class and shithole are not mutually exclusive. Shithole could be dirty and crime ridden or have near totalitarian HOA and ordinances.

i've been driving around with no front plate for the 5 years i've been in commiefornia and haven't been ticketed
they must only ticket shitboxes

come on tough guy
same something edgier

>Also got hit once for expired tags
I got fucking towed for expired tags, and the car wasn't even driving just parked on the public street.

Fuckers.

I hate these cunts, these fuckers are the ones who hand out tickets in my town, driving those stupid little police gokarts with bitchy old ladies driving them. They even ticketed my car once on the driveway just because the rear was touching the sidewalk.

Yep, I parked my car on the street outside my house after coming home for spring break.

Came back to find a ticket for lacking a safety inspection. Thing was it had another state inspection that was still good, but they put the sticker on the other side of the window in that state. So I bet the officer didn't see it in the common spot and just assumed it was in violation.

I called to protest the error, but the only court date available was the day of my final exams. So they got my $35.

>Rig car with bomb in wheel wells.
>Bad day for any would be boot clamp

>Can't clamp high velocity shrapnel

where in Australia? Sydney no doubt

It's always funny when people complain about parking enforcement, because the ONLY people who complain about them, NO EXCEPTIONS, are people who fall into one or more of these categories:
>so unbelievably bad at driving that they cannot park within the lines or without blocking something
>believe that they are a entitled to special status that exempts them the rules of paid parking or roadside signs
>too impatient to look for a legal space and so stuck up that they think parking illegally is ok for them to do

All residents of this particular county are required to purchase a sticker and put it on their windshield next to the safety inspection. Because I was parked at this lady's house overnight, the cop just assumed I lived there. Emailed the county and let them know that officer so-and-so is wasting my fucking time with this nonsense. Got the citation dropped shortly after.

I can't imagine what a no-front-plate ticket would be over there though. Probably $500 or some shit.

Go suck off more cop dicks, faggot

>They even ticketed my car once on the driveway just because the rear was touching the sidewalk.
In my neighborhood it's pretty common for people to park in their driveways with the car completely blocking the sidewalk. Kind of annoying when I'm walking the dogs and have to go in the road... Poor me! :-P

yeah no idea
I'm white so i doubt i'll ever get ticketed
been pulled over twice already (warnings)
cops didn't say a thing

Parked on the street is not 'at home'.

Land of the 'free' my ass.

Found the two-space autist.

Best way to avoid being ticketed is to obey the law...

Technicalities... The point is I was parked in front of my house, and it takes a real cunt of a cop to ticket someone there.

Found the eagle scout

Double parking is for fags if you don't want your car scratched don't drive it

This guy thinks eagle scout is an insult, am I taking crazy pills or is rampant degeneracy really preferable to being a productive and upright member of society to you lot?

>be me in my corolla
>it's about 11pm,dark as fuck
>cutting through a school parking lot
>there's a stop sign there
>approach the stop sign and look both ways
>don't come to a complete full stop, crawling like idle through it
>seconds later flashers blue and red in my mirror
>wtf
>cop pulls me over for not stopping at a stop sign for a full legal 3 seconds in the middle of the night in an empty parking lot
>writes me a ticket for failure to stop
>fuck this noise
>take it to court
>plead that I did stop and the 3 second shit is shit
>get reduced to a non-moving violation
>40 dollar fee no points
>better than 150 dollars and 2 points

Be me. Again.
>same corolla
>casually driving down highway at 8pm
>hardly anyone
>my exit is coming up
>take right to get off
>pulled over by cop
>wtf
>sir you weren't using your blinker
>fuck that shit
>tell the judge that my blinker light broke and here's a receipt for a new light I installed it myself
>ticket dropped

Fucking cops sometimes are so bored they have to give tickets for this menial shit?

How is that even enforceable? Here, stop signs on private property aren't even enforceable by cops. Worst case scenario, some rent a cop tells you to obey the stop sign or get kicked off the property.

Sounds like the cop was behind on his quota.

>buy beater truck
>owner left tag on it
>tag is expired
>parked on the street in front of my house
>they're doing construction on the corner curb
>thought my truck was in the way
>call police and they ticket truck for expired tag
>ticket goes to guy I bought the truck from

Hahahahaha, I sold the truck for profit before the month was over.

This is Veeky Forums; edgelords everywhere.

Also, 'murrica. Home of the ''''brave''''', land of the """"free""""". Where you risk being arrested and/or shot if you talk to the police, and the police are waging war on anyone and everyone, and the homeowner's association will steal your house off you for now mowing your lawn, or your car if it's too dirty.

It was a public university with a campus and I cut through it sometimes to save time

Cops don't have quotas. That is just a rumor created by thugs to undermined our trust in our great police force that protects us everyday from violence and chaos.

Sincerely,
Totally not an under cover cop.

>no front plate
>cat delete exhaust
>temp tags that expired october last year
Get on my level OP

you will see a ticket in the mail with your name on it pud

wrong
they have unspoken quotas
good friend is a bay area cop

>Any of you faggots ever been ticketed at home?
Yeah.

The car park at my old apartment building was supposedly managed by an outside company. I was never given a permit, and couldn't be fucked to find out how to get one. This wasn't a problem until I'd been living there about 9 months.
Then I got ticketed twice in two days. I wasn't phased, I just threw the tickets in the bin.
I had letters through from debt collectors for months. Usually one or two letters every month for about a year each time saying I owed more and more money.
I throw them all in the bin.

Finally I had a letter from a solicitor threatening legal action if I didn't pay the now ridiculously large parking fines. I found a letter template online which basically told them to fuck off.
I didn't receive anymore letters after that.

>things that didn't happen

hey im looking for the subscribe button but dont see it anywhere, did tumblr change their website?

4 years later and nothing.

when my sister was going to college in Minneapolis, she was "cited" four times in two weeks by what I gather was basically a rent-a-cop for having her MDX parked in the hospital parking lot with no front plate. she called me asking what to do and at first I didn't really know what to tell her, so I asked what police department they were from because I wanted to talk to them about the fact that she got four violations before even having a chance to fix it. so she looks the tickets over, all four of them are written by the same "officer" and are requesting $100 cash or check made out to his name are sent to a PO box. so needless to say, it was bullshit and she never paid, but we also gave their information to the local PD. I figured it was just some shithead trying to find things to make up tickets for, but it turns out that it was actually the security company contracted by the hospital that was stupid enough to try this shit.

>Where you risk being arrested and/or shot if you talk to the police, and the police are waging war on anyone and everyone
Wow you're using BLM as a news source I take it

>and the homeowner's association will steal your house off you for now mowing your lawn, or your car if it's too dirty.
That would be "your own damn fault" for moving into a place with a HOA

i live down a private road because i'm white so i've never had a ticket outside my own home. or anywhere else.

Not exactly ticketing but towing - I had my car towed from my assigned carport spot in my complex 5 times in the space of 3 weeks for the grand total of $1240.

>Apartment complex has assigned spots under carports with open parking in the rest.
>Neighbor is a special snowflake that wants two covered spots so decides to take mine too
>Starts parking in my spot too
>Call the management, get him towed
>Late summer so I /n/ to work instead
>One day I get back and my car is gone, panic, call cops, call apartment management
>Fucker pretended my spot was his, they didn't even check and towed me.
>Lot 8 miles away, $247 to release the car, they don't give a shit about him faking it. Start working on contesting it, getting it out of the apartment people or something.
>Next week it happens again. Apt people claim innocence. Another 8 mile bike ride, another $247
>Day later car is gone again. Apartment people say he never even contacted them. Turns out he just called the tow company. 8 miles $247 cash
>Coward won't even answer the door.
>2 more times in the next week. About to pay a lawyer $500 - $1000 to get a restraining order when instead I decide to file small claims against the tow company and person.
>$2000 seems about right
>Process server goes out Friday morning, tow company boss has a nice $2000 check for me by lunch.
>Drop the case
>Never had a problem since
>Neighbor avoids me for a few months, fast walking away if I ever noticed him in the awkward bit before he moved out.

Yeah,
>get ticketed for, '13" from the curb'
>take a look and see I was an appropriate distance from the curb
>call lawyer
>tell him what it says
>"Facing the wrong direction, hm?"
>Perform standing suicide because the world makes no sense

Why didn't you talk to your neighbor before having him towed? May have been a misunderstanding

I'm staying the barracks on Perterson AFB.
I ended up with two cars. One of them doesn't move, both front tires are flat, head gasket leak, and reverse is busted.
I keep getting that same ticket, but just a warning. And since the car isn't under my name I'm going to do literally nothing about it. But wait for them to tow it.

Guy always avoided me and I was usually home later. I complained to the apartment management who gave him a call, left a note on his car, sent him a letter and eventually had him towed. This first stage of spot stealing took about a month.

Stories like that take the life out of me. I hope it doesn't happen to me. Sounds like you did what was right

It sounds like you're not taking responsibility for your car

No I'm not.
I don't know what to do with it, I don't have the resources to move it myself. So it's going to just sit there.
It's a shit car anyway

I think if you donate it to a charity, they'll come pick it up for free

While I was selling my old car, I had put the plate on the new car and backed the old one ass-end to the garage to hide it's nudity. Neighbor must've told the cops. If you catch them, you can usually tell them the problem will disappear soon.

>I don't have the resources to move it myself

Aren't there places in the US that will come and pick up scrap cars?
There are in the UK. They even give you a little certificate to show that they've destroyed the car along with your receipt. You get practically nothing due to them having to come get it, but it's not entirely nothing, and the car IS gone.

Or you just put it on ebay as spares/repair and have someone buy it and haul it away, then it's their problem.

I'd beat that motherfuckers ass if he did that shit to me

Nope. I've never been ticketed for anything but speeding.

Been driving my Supra now with the inspection 3 years out of date, drove my WRX around for 8 months, without inspection. Harder to see inspection stickers than a plate though.

Hell I drove up to a gas station with a cop getting gas and had no rear license plate on my Supra and didn't get ticketed.

Here in PA we don't need front license plates, luckily.

I would do this, but I don't actually have the title in my name. I believe you have to prove it yours to do it.

Personally I'd love to take it in the middle of nowhere and explode it.

okay rocky

Oh well excuse me for not being a cuck and letting a faggot get my car towed for no reason, fuck you.

and then you'd go to jail

then i can finally meet your mum

Implying I give a shit, I bet you let Jamal fuck your wife while you watch, huh?

Have fun being Jamal's wife in jail

I had a friend who worked for the local sheriff's dept for a while and he said that, while they didn't have "official quotas", they had something of a "citation & arrest leaderboard" posted up in the office. The guys who came in at the top of the leaderboard were generally congratulated by their peers and the guys who came in near the bottom were shunned and everyone talked shit to them. If they remained near the bottom of the leaderboard for multiple months then they were basically excommunicated by the other deputies and no one would even speak to them unless it was absolutely necessary.

Fugg, I have a somewhat similar story that didn't go quite that far...

>parking lot had similar setup, assigned spots under the carport (1 per apartment) and free uncovered parking
>neighbor decides that they want our parking spot in addition to theirs so they start parking in our ONE assigned spot while still parking their other vehicle in their ONE assigned spot
>we catch them getting out of their vehicle one time and confront them about it, they get defensive saying that they need that spot because they're handicapped and it's the closest spot to their apartment
>their assigned spot is 2 spaces down from ours and they still have to walk over 100ft and climb stairs to get into their apartment
>they refuse to give up their other parking spot in trade because they "need that one too"
>we tell them this is bullshit and they're gonna have to find another place to park their minivan
>they get all huffy but eventually move it
>next day, the minivan has parked in our spot again, this time they have added a small handicapped symbol fridge magnet to the pole next to the spot
>we take fridge magnet handicapped sign off pole, affix it to their minivan door, and write them a note saying that if they ever park in our spot again that we're going to have them towed
>they never park in our spot again

I mean what the fuck?

It was literally a 3"x3" fridge magnet like this that they put on the metal pole holding the awning up beside our parking spot....

>projecting

I've been pulled over for speeding three times. And I've been let go with a warning three times. And I'm not white. Cali hate is a meme.

what the fuck
The home office of the head of the pseudo-HOA every house on my development has to be part of overlooks my driveway and my neighbours driveway. My neighbour is a used car salesman and often brings the more exotic or classic cars to his house for a few days and sometimes does work on them.
My dad and I have done work on our cars and our neighbour has done work on his cars and we've never had any problems in the 8 years we've lived here.

>TFW when the local government is too poor for inspections and front plates