Will late 90s/early 2000s shitboxes ever be considered classic cars in the 2020s and onwards?

Will late 90s/early 2000s shitboxes ever be considered classic cars in the 2020s and onwards?

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/2015/06/05/51k-mile-1992-nissan-sentra-se-r/
youtube.com/watch?v=YFLFqi7rGMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. That's like considering Nickleback classic rock in the 2020's.

As my grandpa says "cars from that generation and onward lack the personality of cars from when I or your father were young men and won't be sought after as much in the future."

I think there will be a charm to seeing cars like these in pristine condition on the road in the future but values of econoboxes like these will always stay incredibly low regardless of condition.

bringatrailer.com/2015/06/05/51k-mile-1992-nissan-sentra-se-r/

This thing only went for $6,000 despite not a lot of them being made and people saying they're very coveted and going up in value

no one ever gave a shit about cars like that and never has

you can still get old shitboxes for cheap despite being "classics"

>1992

Syclone/Typhoon are shitboxes and they came out around the same time.
youtube.com/watch?v=YFLFqi7rGMQ
Our goy could be wrong though.

I guess it depends on the "shitbox". Cavaliers are pretty shit, and I don't think peoples opinion will change on those. Look at stuff like Gremlins and Valiants, old Datuns, etc. Pretty well ignored at the time, but are slowly gaining a cult following and gaining value.

That shit heap going for $6k is proof that 90s shit heaps will be desired someday.

thats an SE-R tho

no one will care about base Sentras

>$71,000
Those fucking memes are out of control!!!

to be fair these things are low mile af

like less than 1,000

They still look as plain as any other Ford car from that time period. I don't care if they're Mustangs or if they have the V8. They look fucking plain.

all those fox-body mustangs have the same shitty 90s looking front bumper,

Its the only think that keeps them looking like shit.

>They look fucking plain.
And that's the appeal. They're in the same vein as the original Road Runner. Powerful engine in a plain wrapper.

oh I dont like them either but plenty do

I consider them one of the ugliest fucking cars ever and easily the worst Mustang

have an 80s one

Who in the actual fuck

lol they just look like a beefier Ford Tempo

True, I guess. But everyone still knows they're Mustangs, so you can't consider them sleepers either. I think Ford should have stuck more closely to original design cues while still keeping it relevant to the time period but your opinion is your opinion.

idk

Its Barret Jacksons and they are all showroom fresh just about

the cheapest one was $10,000 for a 1983 V6 model

coolest was a SSC that sold for $40k

Some boomer who bought them as his retirement plan and now after 30 years of climate controlled storage costs is going to cash in.

Things still go wrong when a car just sits around for three decades, just as if you were to never move for that time period. I wouldn't bet on buying one of those.

Kid in the neighborhood had one like that

He rear ended someone

I've owned one. I laugh in the face of any retard who pays more than $3k for any Sentra.

That's pretty fucking genius to be honest.

Not to go too far off topic but i actually bought a Wii U Windwaker edition back in 2012 for $230 and i never got around to opening it and its just been sitting in my closet in its original shipping box in pristine condition which i know gives collector autist a moist tipped dick.

This is what they go for now brand new on Ebay. if you spot what you think is an investment go for it.

You could probably just easily fix/repair things. parts for fox bodies shouldn't be that rare.

much like I don't find his generation's cars sought-after

SOMEone will want them. My dream project is to throw my WRX's engine into a GC8 Impreza when I smash it into a wall. Who knows who's going to hound over shitty Saturn L300s on craigslist?