/domg/ Dominions General

Wind Lord Thug Bless Edition
Previous Thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/143388132205353985/
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1433881322016429
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/143388132201642949/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AutismWars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for aboleth traps

innovative

Anyone in Autistic RP please keep in mind anything interesting that might happen as the game goes on that would warrant a custom site in the sequel map.

Use an oracle you dumb scrub. Way more efficient

Can't use an oracle as a late game SC. This is much less easily countered.

Of course you can. Just teleport->Master Enslavex5 with a matrix for giving the fatigue to your com slaves

Sounds like a waste of gems teleporting him everywhere.

If you have S9 you can get to tarts using rings pretty easily, just need some empowerment.

No native death access, and I'd rather empower my wind lords with death anyway to give them fear.

>quickness for 1.5x lance and hoof attacks
>reinvig to help with flyer fatigue
>twist fate and MR for magic thug counters and stopping flukes that get through my empowered A2 windlords' mistform/mirror image

Is there a single downside to this strategy?

You should add N9 in there too to give them a respectable HP pool

>Arco
>Using N
kek

Also gives them undead command meaning you can give them non-commander tartarians for extra powerful raiding parties!

Your pretender lacks slots for a frost brand and vine shield. It's shit.

>what are 2 copper hands

user, you just blew my fucking mind. I wish desura was around so I could spread the word of the new empowering meta.

Could I get a reply for the frist part please?

HeMMo J ᴀm ᴀɴ JɴteRmedJᴀte ᴩMᴀyeR wJtH ᴀɴ JɴɴovᴀtJve ꜱtRᴀteGy ꜰoR mᴀ ᴩᴀɴGᴀeᴀ mᴀy J joJɴ youR Gᴀme

>every new MA game I want to try toads
>toads always get taken
g-guess I'll just play china

>Sequel

Shiggy my diggy.

Alright you nonscrubs, get in. Lets have an expert game if we're having all these noob/intermediate games.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/143388132205353985/

We got MA toads available here although it's a summod+me game
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1433881322016429

>tfw there's an impossible angle in your cap ring and your awake expander that you were going to use to break into paths your nation doesn't have later down the line is now horror marked

a few horror marks are fine

Famous Last Words volume 3.

they fade with time
or was it curse?

>they fade with time
nope

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
Ur 2h file received
>Vanheim Waiting for 2h file
>Yomi Waiting for 2h file

They fade with time, but only if you're dead.

What does this mean in lore terms? That horrors from the astral plane can't perceive the underworld?

Chances are you're a lot more boring to them while you're decomposing, so they look elsewhere for their amusement.

Is this okay for summod MA Man?

I'd drop misf and bump dominion+magic for better research, but it's pretty good as it is.

Don't really have any free points to play with.
Dominions is overrated with Man's cheap tembles.

It limits the number of monks researching per lab, though.

I'd rather not rely on them, since you can't use them for anything other than research.

Uh, no. They're cheaper than scouts (taking upkeep into account) and can scout, research and stealth-preach. Why wouldn't you utilize them?

I guess from that point of view...
They don't seem to be benefitting from magic scales though. Their reasearch doesn't get modified.

That's pretty weird. I know that polypal mothers do

Also, Solar Eagle allows you to get +1 scale and +1 dom. Do you need E2 and/or titan chassis?

Maybe due to no magic paths? Or a summod change?

No I'm a dumbass. I thought it would help my national mages with earthboots, but they can already craft them by themself.

Although a titan chasis is nice for a defensive SC. Might prefer the better scales though.

An early game SC is very valuable. I'd say to keep it

Also A4 opens up ait boosters much earlier as an A4 crone could take forever. I'll drop the E2 to it base E1 value and get another point of dominion though.

I wouldn't because I like RoS

Fair point.

You can RoS with Logrians unless you're playing on summod.

>unless you're playing on summod
>summod MA Man

Summod nerfs MA MAN!

What sort of strategies work against the massed devils that come out of mid/late soul contract strats? Assuming level 6-7 of everything, but no demonic cleansing and so on. The dude I'm fighting is using vamp lords to lead them too, but hasn't been casting Darkness with them.

storm + rigor mortis + skeletons

Yeah Rigor Mortis is a giant fuck you against anything

summod gives them fire shield, so they're really good against skelespam now. I also don't really have great D access, though I can get a mound fiend with a stick to cast the Rigor Mortis if I can find other workable blockers

I love ichtyids!

Have any nations but claimed but not registered in the upcoming MA game? Are MA C'tis shit and useless? I'm kind of feeling MA C'tis.

but chances are the horrors that kill you are going to mark you pretty badly.

Please tell me the sequel is in MA.

Yeah. MA then if it works out another in LA. How else would it be done?

FUCK OFF SHITPOSTER

>open one turn
>lost another battle, while already being pretty much irrelevant
>open other turn
>won a battle that was planned for, on a throne, then another nation sent a clashing force afterwards, wiping out my army

awoooo

When did /domg/ become so dead? This is why we need more games.

>open turn
>lose a battle to a route when your enemy had nothing left but a single surrounded PD commander
>everyone that routes dies because no province to retreat to

how to build MA C'tis pretender? I'm thinking Rainbow Snek King. Is that stupid? Does the latest Summod make any drastic changes?

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/143388132201642949/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AutismWars

Play elvish games, win elvish prizes.

How does Snek look? His purpose is to sitesearch and eventually construct rings for the purpose of Gift of Health and Tarts.

You spent a TON on those paths. I'd look and see what you want to do with them in the mid game too, or make it imprisoned. Or just drop some points.

Personally I prefer scales C'tis.

It looks like you're trying to put way too much shit on one pretender, and your scales are terrible because of it.

F1 - gives a fire booster along with death, but you need at least F2 to summon flame spirits and properly break into fire.

A2 - I don't know what your plan is for this scale. Why take air magic, just gems?

W1 - you get this natively. Is there a crosspath you need it on yuour pretender for?

E2 - this is good, I like it.

S7 - excessive, S5 is sufficient if you just want rings, S6 is sufficient if you want to reach S9 rituals.

D5 - this is also fine, but c'tis has one of the easier paths to tarts already. I'm not sure if you need your pretender to be built to summon them too, especially when you have rings available.

N5 - I see no need for this, unless you plan to rush Mother Oak (which is almost certainly a terrible idea).

Do you have a reason for why each path is there?

It's not a summod change. They just have different applicable commands.

C'tis really needs the scales. I wouldn't build my strategy on the hopes that no one will attack me during the first three years considering how strong lategame C'tis has, especially in your case.

>Pull up new turn
>Being attacked due to not responding to a message I never recalled getting

Fuck, wish I had the turns saved so I could actually check if I ever got a message in the first place.

I wish I knew which of you losers it is who keeps submitting the turn within the hour it's due and then never does a double. I'd invade your punk ass right now.

That sounds kinda autistic.

Congratulations to Marignon for still being alive despite being on the losing side of one war or another for something like 4 in-game years

Double-dipping is not encouraged in public games.

Hes right you know.

MA C'tis are pretty good.

The problem with cyber-bullying are not some hurtful messages sent to the bullied kid. They can be ignored or usually tracked. The modern social bullying which include "bully target groups", groups where people share compromising material/stories about the bullied person and spread them to the bullied person's acquintances/school mates are the core of the problem. Combine this with the cameraphones and you have things like secretly filming the bullied ones in locker rooms and semi-public lists of people you are not allowed to associate with. The bullied ones can't even escape physical bullying by withdrawing somewhere, as their location is frequently updated in the bully groups.

And as usual, the older teachers are idiots who like to pretend that this isn't happening to keep their bust polished and parents do the usual "There is no way our John could be doing this, he is such a good boy etc."

That's just traditional bullying with social media aid, not full on cyberbullying.

I'm thinking I might go harder on scales if snek seems to path-heavy. I only really put thought into Astral, Death and Nature. If I don't use snek to cast Gift of Health will a high-level N caster be a pain in the ass to get my hands on? Will I need a Couatl?

IIRC C'tis native N access is good enough to boost up to GoH. You an get thistle mace and moonvine bracelet.

All right then. I suppose I might drop N for more scales. What should be prioritized? Luck, Production or Growth?

N2 marshmaster with boosters (any two of: thistle mace, moonvine, RoS, RoW) = N4

Use N4 to summon ivy king (n3 caster). It's in conjuration 7, so you should have it well before you get tarts.

Ivy King with 3 boosters is N6, enough to cast GoH.

How does revised snek please /domg/?

Turmoil 3, Sloth 1, Heat 3, Growth 3, Luck 3, Magic 2 would be better scales for the same cost, imo.

Sloth 1 expansion should still be doable, slave warriors are very low resource cost and expand pretty well.

Do you really want Snek mage specifically? You could get slightly cheaper (probably enough for a point of dominion) by going to a human with S base path rather than nature.

ive been just chilling in my forts until i figure out what i can script to win against teen cheese

>turmoil 3
>on a nation that needs to spam marshmasters

About pretender chassis, does the pretender on ma ctis need poison resist?

Best other option would be Order 2, Sloth 1, Heat 3, Growth 3.

It gets more gold, but I don't think that's worth losing magic scales when your lategame plan is rushing tarts.

>MA
Oops, I was thinking about EA. Most of my advice is still fine, but you definitely need D5 if you want tarts.

>does the pretender on ma ctis need poison resist
Poison resist would only matter if you're deploying them in combat, and in that case you can buff them with poison resist. In any case, the cheapest option for your paths is the Great Sauromancer, who does come with poison resist.

>Great Sauromancer
I actually missed him in the list. He's usually my go to for C'tis. I think that this works much better.

I already in 11 games and I want to go ai in some of them as they aren't very fun....

>11 games
NEET?

I actually have a full time job. I do turns in the morning, on lunch break, when I get home, and before I go to bed.

I can see that working, but how many are in late-game?