Used RX-8 opinions?

Veeky Forumstists tell me why I shouldn't buy a rx8. Recently I've seen quite a few of them in good conditions drop below 5,000, but at the same time it's
>rotary

they certainly seem fun but how likely am I to run into problems in one with 100-150k miles?

also general mazda thread (miatafags not allowed)

>miatafags not allowed
>rx8 is based on miata chassis
Gtfo OP

>Apex
>Seals
>Are
>A
>Meme
...but that doesn't mean that memes are untrue.

Premix and you're fine

rx8 are terrible cars, worst rotary mazda ever made and they are ugly
don't do it

get an RX-7 user

This

At that mileage assume you will need a rebuild going into it. Expect to pay a bit more for a pristine one, for example I got my 04 for $8K including registration at 50K miles. That being said, if you buy one for $2-3K that already has compression loss you can have it rebuilt for about $2K. If you're willing to go through the hassle you'll have an incredibly fun, balanced car for $5K that will last for 200,000 miles if maintained properly.

Honestly they require special attention and if you just want a fun DD you have to be prepared to put in a little extra. But they are certainly undervalued and a hell of a car for the price.

Go on RX8 Club and do your research.

Do your homework, RX8 Club is the place to go.

I didnt realize I said that shit twice.

Fucking kill me

>Four cylinder power
>Eight cylinder fuel consumption
>Two stroke oil burning

What a delightful machine.

It is man, PLEEEEEEEEASE drive one and you'll understand.

Drive one? Hell yes.
Own one? Never.

>one cylinder weight

>can be rebuilt with about 1/4 of the mechanical aptitude needed for basic 2smoke maintenance
>still lasts much longer
>WHEN TREATED RIGHT

It's a pretty damn good weekened/track car. Not great for stop and go traffic. Stop and go traffic will literally kill your engine.

Heavier than a GT86.

What a terrific machine.

niggas I really want to get a 5-door Mazda3. I've been reading online and it seems to be a really good car for someone that's just getting into manual transmissions.
Should I get a new one or a 2013-2015?

Any of them are good.
I have a 05 hatch. Love it

sheeit. Just saw a '06 for 2000 obamas on cl.
I sent the guy an email asking about the miles. Depending on what he says I might go this weekend to check it out.

>what a delightful machine
>what a terrific machine

What fucking shitty responses

Are you going to make an argument against the car or just parrot the same stupid sarcastic line over and over again?

I've got a '93 automatic RX-7 FD, it sits still for most of the time but I make sure to rotate tires/start and rev it every couple months. My issue is that the coolant light with come on and beep aggressively at me for 5 minutes then it will cease. I know that there is coolant in the system and think it has to do with faulty wiring but would still like y'alls take on the situation

AUTOMATIC

SPORTS

CAR

Get on fucking rx8!

>Are you going to make an argument against the car or just parrot the same stupid sarcastic line over and over again?
Judging by you still biting on his 1/10 bait, he can just keep on with it

I have a '16 sedan with a 6 speed and I love it

>automatic

>Stop and go traffic will literally kill your engine

Is there an engine mod to prevent that? I'd really like to DD one but my commute is traffic all day every day.

2500rpm idle.

(You)

Why would you rotate the tires when you don't even wear them out?

ls swap it

Listen. I know. It was passed down from my grandfather and the sentimental attachment is the only reason I don't sell it and get a manual or even another car. He was a good man.

Rotate as in change the part of the tire touching the ground don't want it to rot

Do a manual conversion, you dumb faggot.

I'm sitting on a trap's face as I type this message to you, and you're still fucking gayer than I.

Do a manual conversion, your grandfather would sure approve of it because you'll have more fun with it. You can also twin turbo it for cheap.

A big gamble, a lot depends how the previous owner treated it. They are designed to use oil and are not to be used for short trips, but of course Mazda didn't tell owners that so a lot of them are fucked from misuse. That is the case here in the UK at least. You might get lucky and get an enthusiast owned one.

They also drink a LOT of petrol for the performance on offer, if you are fine with that then go for it. Good driving experience, and crazy cheap now. Watch for hot starting issues, that is usually the first warning sign of impending doom.

Thanks for the motivational words guys but I'm still wondering what y'all think about the coolant beep

I was actually planning to do that once summer roles around. I thought the RX7 FD came with sequential turbos, although I could easily be mistaken