What's your experience with smoked head/tail lights? Thoughts? Found some DOT approved ones on eBay...

What's your experience with smoked head/tail lights? Thoughts? Found some DOT approved ones on eBay, wanted to see what y'all thought.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/371446837282?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumb and stupid

why?

they look ok

>lets make our taillights work less

Only Mexicans or Nigs put smoked headlights or taillights on their vehicles where I live.

>doesn't know they come with brighter LEDs
shouldn't you be in school or something?

The smoked headlights on my truck were cheaper then new clear ones, and they go great with its charcoal gray paint.
The light pattern is a fucking 1/10 though.

>he doesnt know taillights also have reflectors in them

maybe if you didn't black them out, you wouldn't have to put brighter LEDs in them

did you ever think of that you uneducated nigger?

T'was hoping this was a Tundra thread.

Fuck smoked tail lights, fucked black tailights. My 2nd year in college, night time& pouring down rain, and some faggot in a Civic had smoked tail lights and i couldn't see him and SLAMMED on the brakes causing me to slide to the other lane, thank GOD there wasn't oncoming traffic. I kinda wish I just plowed into his ass at >50 mph.

really? they look aight in the picture, but still torn. its only ~$100 for each pair, so not a huge loss, would rather just not buy if im gonna get pulled over every week for them.

do toyotas not have headlights?

>implying DOT approved lights make the reflector not reflect

fucking retard

Also, I want to note I was travelling at a safe distance and going slow for conditions. Years later hind sight wants me to think he downshifted, and probably didn't brake at all. I didn't see ANY LIGHTS on the car actually. He was asking for it. I left out the road rage tantrum that pursuited after I slid cuz of him.

broooo i saw u post this pic in another thread, i was asking about my tundra being leveled, and mine is actually in the shop now having the 3/2.5 level kit put on it :D

>implying they actually are DOT approved

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Thoughts on 1st gen Tundra headlights/ grille on Tacoma? Wish the whole truck was white.

>implying the company wouldn't be sued out of business by making false claims that cost people money if they weren't

There is more to life than function. Some people actually enjoy making their car more aesthetically pleasing as well as more functional.

Now obviously you shouldn't have it affect the lights to the point where it creates danger like with because that's just retarded.

DUUUUUDE NIIIIIIICE High fives! Any ideas for what wheels and tires you want to go with? If you haven't, Pro Comp makes good looking, good value stuff.

i like the top one better, the bottom one is definitely unique, but i personally like bigger trucks. maybe its cuz my first truck was a 02 ranger and it gave me nothing but trouble and cost infinite money.

>buy shitty chinese taillights off ebay
>they're shipped direct from China

Try to sue a Chinese company with no physical presence in the United States and tell me how that works out for you.

its a USA company dipshit

i WANT 35" grapplers.... expensive as fuck, for me anyway, but dat tread doe, looks like they'll last forever. also looking at other stuff to get done. I want a remote start, off-road lights to sit on my lonely bull bar, and backup camera but not sure in which order i'll get them

>Found some DOT approved ones on eBay.

That just implies that it's Chinkshit, you should've mentioned the brand and that it's a US company.

I normally go to Discount Tire, but for tires that get that expensive, I may check out WalMart for once. I think for now, I'm keeping the original 18 rims too :/

>aesthetically pleasing
until a car runs into you at 40mph

>more functional
lets make our tail lights work less and get denied when our car gets totaled out

If your Ranger gave you zero problems, would you say it was a good size though? My buddies all have Toyota Pickups and 1st gen Tacomas, and love them. And feel the '05+ Tacomas and Frontiers are waaaay too big.

MY TACO SQUAD

my bad, they're AutoolUSA brand. i just think they'd look nice in contrast to my white truck, since i have black bull bar, black side steps, black window visors, tinted windows, etc.

if it NEVER gave me trouble, I think I'd enjoy it, because it was still fairly fuel efficient, and could still haul. there's something "cute" about seeing small trucks souped up. not in a gay way, just looks different than what most ppl see. i say go for it.

nice. i always wonder wtf happened to cars/trucks with different colored body parts on em

Mine were 70, maybe the added cost will help. But you won't be pulled over because they ar bright or anything.
I can barely fucking see anything with mine. But that's fine, because I have a light bar for when I need to see.

ebay.com/itm/371446837282?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

those are the ones, for front anyway. I don't want to put them on if people will legitimately have a harder time seeing me, but that's why the brightness makes up for that, right?

Yeah he got side swiped or something. That grey '93 is like, flawless mint condition inside. Pretty much stock, grippy tires & 2WD it's pretty capable I think. My Soccer mum SUV surprising me with crawling up steep hills too though.

I like trucks of all sizes. For work I need a 3/4 ton. Since that's taken care of, I think a mid size is fine for my needs, but 1/2 ton is nice to have V8 TORK

Doesn't say DOT approved on their ebay listings

>aesthetically pleasing
Smoked lenses usually look worse, something people usually do so their shitbox looks more modern

"DOT (Department of Transportation) and SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Approved."

i see it at least 3 times....are u an illiterate nigger or what

the only reason i'm considering them is because i have several other black accessories and i think the contrast would look nice.

retard

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Several other black accessories
You're fuckin wierd mate.

i didn't put them there, just bought it that way. instead of changing everything, might as well compliment what's already there.

Looks passable only on black vehicles or sometimes gunmetal (with smoke color to match).

Smoked lights on white cars/trucks = pants on head retarded

Also
>DOT approved ones on eBay
>Chinks always tell the truth, especially on FleaBay!

>decent advice
>decent advice
>shits all over own respect by not reading the part where it's a US based and owned company.

>it's a US based and owned company.
>Literally no online presence outside of fleabay
>Chinks telling the truth

> not realizing lots of companies do this

One time some dipshit in an s2000 had them and he slammed on his brakes infront of me. I saw it but decided they were fucking gay and his car needed to be punished. Needless to say an early 90s f450 totals s2000s in rearend accidents. The best part about it was the police cited him for the tailights not me.

They're for assholes. Fuck whoever uses them.

>have smoked taillights on my 1994 JDM Spec Stage 2 Street Edition Civic
>get rear-ended by some guy at a stop light
>says he couldn't tell if I was stopped because of the smoked taillights
>I explain that the lights are even brighter to compensate
>my car gets totaled and my liability insurance rates spike

im afraid of something bullshitty like this happening. nothing wrong with stock i suppose

LOLOLOL This is the reality of what probably happens probably every day around the globe cause of shitty eBay tail lights

gay rice

no u for missing quads by one

98% of the time they look stupid

Once I was following a G-Class that had it's tail lights completely blacked out. That should be outright illegal on that car.

However, I once saw the new Nissan Murano, in white, that had had it's roof and tail lights blacked out completely. Yes, still dangerous and stupid, but it's the first time it looked genuinely good on a car.

might as well get some chrome stickers from autozone, faggot

>ebay
>""""""""DOT approved""""""""

>Level truck
>Put any weight in the back
>Stare at the sky

Leveling a truck is a great way of showing that you never use it

BLACKED
A
C
K
E
D

How's that $120 """""12 000 watt""""" car amp treating you? Never trust the Chinese.

i got 3 in front and 2.5 in back you illiterate faggot. it still has a rake u stupid cunt

>not knowing what a lift looks like
gah ppl like u piss me off REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its not chinese

looks like the picture says MADE IN CHINA to me

so is half the shit u own. so what? why does that mean it wasn't actually approved by the DoT?

>buy truck for 7 grand
>Put 5000 worth of accessories into it
>Now worth 7500
gg

it's like putting black lipstick on a car

this is the most retarded shit i've ever seen

Yes, and most such "companies" are one person stateside, probably a chink working out of his home, with a Chinese manufacturing contact that ships the products directly to customers.

Larger outfits of this type might get a stateside warehouse to expedite shipping and order parts in bulk... but notice there's still no business presence outside of ebay and maybe amazon, and thus no way hold the actual company accountable for false advertising. Your piddling feedback means nothing- fleabay sold out to scammers and counterfeiters ages ago. They make more money that way, consumers be damned.

>nissan murano
>looked genuinely good
kys

Had them on my old C class, they looked damn good. Never had an issue with visibility.

If you look at the company's retail store it also sells chinese patio furniture and no-name chink power tools. It's basically just a distribution warehouse full of chinkshit that they sell on ebay.

I have tinted led tails. I prefer it over the stock red since the red stands out so blatantly on my car (c5). Makes them less noticeable when not on. Visibility is probably poor with just driving lights, sure brakes are fine. Looks great at night.