Tell me honestly, Veeky Forums

Tell me honestly, Veeky Forums
If I'm an American in my late 20s right now, how likely is it (knowing nothing else about me) that I will ever own my own home?

there's a 62% chance you own your home now.

the chance that you'll own your home at any point in your life is closer to 80%. There's a 20% chance you'll sell or lose your home, this chance increases greatly if you're a racial or ethnic minority.

60%

daily reminder that american homes are overpriced, made of literal garbage, are designed to be difficult to repair and renovate/difficult to last long enough to be inherited, and there's no reason to have one unless you shit out kids

Late 20s? You stand a pretty good chance if you're already employed and skilled.

If you were, say, 16 though? 19? Then probably much less than a 50% chance of ever owning a home.

100% I'd u have a job flipping burgers.

Just bought the shithole next door for 10k. Not doing the math. But 3%interest. 0 down cause cheap. So wtf 10k is decided by 30 years. Plus 3% of 10k for 30 years paid yearly. Or monthly in my case.

This. My fucking God I spend 4 times what I did renting just to be a cuck for tool and lumber companies

HURR DURR at least ur not paying your landlord to do it for you!

Christ, why do people choose to live in your country?

80% in my country owns their own home, and the homes aren't just plaster and newspapers, either.

gas is $1.80 a gallon and median household income for whites is $80,000

fuck your retarded country

Sorry that $80k figure was for Asians, however for whites the figure is still higher than anything on your list and my point still stands you massive faggot

According to the federal statistics bureau, the avg. salary for all workers are 518 100 NOK (2015), which is just beneath $61k with the current USD price.

Why the eurohate? Did a pantomime touch your dick as a child vacationing in France or something?

Did you fail middle school math? The average will be inflated by those at the top. Median is a much more useful statistic for this application, and it doesn't make any sense to compare the two.

holy shit

If I hear "renting is just throwing money away!" ONE MORE TIME

Move motherfucker im 23 my house is clear with ceramic shower and a fuckibg big land stop you should stop live in the ''shcity''

move to detroit. there are houses for 5k. or go to texas. very nice houses go for 100k.

obviously if you are unemployed, your chances are nought.

it's only throwing money away if you're able to move back in with your parents

>avg.
lol
do you really want to compare the number of six figure+ jobs in the US to any other country on the planet?

i need to impregnate a native hawaiin

Cost of living in Hawaii is high
pay scales with cost of living

Where do you live?

Don't even get me started with housing prices here, pieces of shit in the worst parts still go for $300k+

0%

HURR DURR but muh weather!!

>median home price at $600k this past year
And that's why I'll be living with my parents forever.

Is meking money in the internet a meme?
Would an intenet bussiness give a home?