Redpill me on Acura

Who the fuck wants one. Srsly, who are they targeting with Acura.

Why go Acura over Lexus if you want Jap luxury. Why go Acura over BMW if you want Eurocuck luxury.

Someone explain. inb4 the old NSX and muh poor mans Ferrari

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S40o3-I-dDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Redpill me
Kill you are self, sage'd

>kill you are self

good one faggot.
confirmed acura owner

They're pretty popular here in Canada for some reason.

Acura is just a honda with slightly better engines and slightly better interior

exactly my point on why buy them. many of them share the same engines.

Yea I hear Canada loves them but that's about it. No where near the popularity in the US.

Thanks captian obvious. Just in case you didn't know Lexus is just Toyota with slightly better engines and interiors.

He took the b8

Not him but clearly Lexus is a huge step above Toyota then VS. going from Honda to Acura.

Anyone who buys an Acura is just looked at as, "oh you couldn't afford a Lexus"

what kills them is they stick with the honda methodology of "ONLY TRANSVERSE, ONLY FWD/FWD BIASED AWD"

luxury cars shouldn't have transverse engines

I'm just making fun of him because what he really said was "Hondas luxury brand is just Honda with better engines and interiors". Everyone knows that besides maybe normies.

>exactly my point on why buy them. many of them share the same engines.

You cannot buy an all-wheel drive Honda sedan.

There are 2 all-wheel drive Acura sedans available. Not to mention it is a fairly potent, real, torque vectoring system, exclusive to the SH models.

kys

>what kills them is they stick with the honda methodology of "ONLY TRANSVERSE, ONLY FWD/FWD BIASED AWD"

The torque vectoring SH-AWD system sends up to 70% of the power to the rear-wheels under acceleration and of that 70%, 100% of it can go to a single rear wheel to rotate the vehicle around a corner.

While yes, it will behave and be front-wheel drive the vast majority of the time. The SH-AWD system does behave in a better way than most when driving in a spirited way.

If you exclude the NSX, the last good Acura was the TL. Pretty popular in the tuning world. Can get a good 300whp out of it with boltons, comfy, reliable. Of course haters will always bring up "lol fwd." Still a pretty legit car. The cars following it were major cancer. Acura was gonna make a v8 flagship but the recession caused them to take a step back.

Acura is equivalent to faux luxury cars of the 70s and 80s. Just reliable like a Honda People buy them because they have good associations with Honda and want "luxury" but don't want to spend a little extra.
Lexus is better in every regard either way - more reliable, better engine, more features, better interior, better value.

Yea but the sh cars are 50k+

A fucking BMW 320i with X drive is like 33k

>Anyone who buys an Acura is just looked at as, "oh you couldn't afford a Lexus"
People that buy new Acura's and Lexii dont' give a fuck about who can and can't afford what. They just want to go from point a to b in something that is reliable and comfy

>Of course haters will always bring up "lol fwd."

The front-wheel drive Accord based TL SH-AWD lapped a faster time than the G37S and 335i tested by R&T way back in 2010.

As an actual owner and recent purchaser of a 2015 RLX I can tell you why people want these. If you arent intersted inperformance necisarily and dont care about muh RWD they are simply better than their competitors.

I literally just bought my RLX a few months ago and looked at BMWs Cadilac and other luxury brands. Acura is miles ahead in terms of luxury and comfort. All of you shit talking I guarentteee hasnt sat in a new acura they are simply miles ahead of the compeition.

BMW and other companies may have better performance but if you want anything above a turbo 4 cylinder you are going to be paying way above what you will pay for the acura this includes cadillac. Im assuming the majority of you cant afford higher end cars and simply havent shopped for a relitively new luxury sedan. They are super high quality for non car people. The car for someone who wants to sit in comfort and never have to worr about anyhting gooing wrong.

Acura is love Acura is life

>A fucking BMW 320i with X drive is like 33k

But then you're comparing a base model 3-series that comes with halogen daytime running lights and every feature as an option, with a detuned 4-cylinder engine to a near or already midsize TL or TLX with a 6-cylinder engine.

Not to mention BMW's xDrive isn't comparable to the torque vectoring system in either Acuras.

The 320i is an oddball model BMW sells for fleet, demos, loaners and as an alternative to Audi's A3 and Mercedes-Benz's CLA. It is an oddball because the other 2 models are front-wheel drive based whereas BMW simply detuned a 328i's engine, removed features and gave you a price cut.

A 328i, 330i, 335i or 340i would be a fairer comparison to a TL and TLX. Granted I personally would still find the former models more appealing despite the premium to pay.

>Acura is miles ahead in terms of luxury and comfort.
In terms of what you get for your money, yes.
Dollar for dollar Acura is hard to beat.

So what you're saying is there should only be one company for every type of vehicle? It's just another luxury brand get over it. You're obviously not their target market if you have no interest in them.

>If you arent intersted inperformance necisarily and dont care about muh RWD they are simply better than their competitors.

I am 100% on board with you if you do not care about performance.

However, can you tell me what the RLX offers that is miles ahead in terms of luxury and comfort compared to Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz?

I would find both Lexus and Acura severely lacking in terms of cutting edge technology and luxuries.

Where is smartphone control of your car?
Where is semiautonomous driving?
Where is interior ambient lighting?
Where are heads-up displays, digital instrument cluster, a modern user interface?
Where is my fully customizable interior color, material and finish?
Where is my near bespoke engine?
Where are my custom paint colors?
Where is my European delivery?
Where is my loaner equivalent to my own car whenever I ask the dealer to come pick up my vehicle for free, scheduled service?
Where are my snacks, drinks, magazines and lounge when I feel like dropping by myself?

>BMW and other companies may have better performance but if you want anything above a turbo 4 cylinder you are going to be paying way above what you will pay for the acura

Therein lies the key statement. Acura is better luxury value. They are not better luxury. They are certainly not miles ahead as you say.

Acuras are european and japanese honda for north america

>why go Acura over lexus if you want jap luxury
because modern lexus looks like fucking shit

>why go Acura over BMW if you want eurocuck luxury
a car that's actually reliable

The third gen TL was faster. A stock TL-S had 286hp vs the fourth gen's 305hp but it had more drivetrain loss due to AWD and weighed about 400lbs more. Plus 3g TLs are so much more attractive.

Not arguing about looks but a stock 6mt TL SHAWD is faster than a 6mt TL-S. TL-S ran high 13s stock, SHAWD ran closer to mid 13s, faster to 60 too. It was heavier but the SH system is legit as fuck and the J37 had other improvements like i-vtec and more torque available earlier. On the track it wouldnt be a contest

Acura is basically Mazda if it tried to be luxury.

Soooo basically Acura is budget luxury since owners don't care for performance.

... And you get one if you want a Honda with real AWD.

No wonder Honda is getting BTFO BY Subaru

Acura is basically Honda if it tried to be luxury

Honda is basically Mitsubishi if it tried to be luxury.

Mitsubishi is Suzuki if it tried to be luxury

Suzuki is straight kino.

again im not sure if you have sat in a 2017 rlx and a 5 series in the same day.

The RLX is there halo tho and they actually sell very few so if you are comparing to a tlx or another vehicle its not the same. also I will admit I did not look at any new audis. Mercedes was the closest in terms of comfort but not quite there. Definitley had more to offer in terms of technology but once again everything is extra cash but i will adres your concerns.

there is smartphone control of car in rlx
im not 100% positive but i think semiautonomus is an option
RLX has ambient lighting
Display in the RLX i behind mercedes but on par with bmw
Car has options but not as many as other companies
Acuras engine is a major advantage their is nothing more reliable
custom paint acura?
delivery?
Loaner is avaailable when I had to get work done o last acura even just for a few hours free of charge
The acura dealership has one of the ost comfy dealerships complete with warm muffins

I will admit other companies offer more tech and better performance that you must pay for. But nothing compares to the comfort of driving my RLX maybe an s class would be better but that is out of range. Newer acuras are ultra comfy cars that get sleapt on almost nobody owns an RLX. also the point isnt to be flashy or anthing just comfy as fuck with decent power and handling its all you would need if you are a non car person. Better than a mercedes or bmw for the same price

but once again its all what you like the most. Some people need certain things more than others. But acura is definitlye losing huge chuncks of their market to infiniti who offers similiar power and prices but RWD

RLX Hybrid is a beast. Total sleeper

I like 90s integras and the '02 RSX. What's your deal, man?

SH-AWD is legit one of the best AWD systems out there for performance.

I did some terrible things with a 2009 RL. Absolutely physics defying. Just stomp the throttle in a turn. Don't let off. It controls better the harder you push it. The car literally cannot plough with understeer. The rears prevent that if you are on the gas.

The new RLX Hybrid kicks it up a notch but adding power or re-gen to the wheels or drivetrain as a means to control power output to the wheels.

My only major gripe with acura at the moment is that their cars have become too "americanised" Only the RLX is built in Japan.

Acura makes the ideal commuter car. Comfy as fuck, low maintenance, great service, not bad looking. Pretty much the waifu of cars

it's always a good idea to have a bad bitch on the side though

>luxury cars shouldn't have transverse engines
Why though?

>who are they targeting with Acura.

Asians that are too cheap to pay for the service on a Lexus or German luxury car.

Lexus has shit exterior design these days. Honda/Acura is refined and good lookin'.

First a TL-S runs a quarter mile very low 14s and TL SHAWD runs very high 13s. Second, SHAWD runs it faster only because AWD. You take any car with sub 300hp, give it AWD, and it'll break 13s easy. Case in point - even the older WRXs with 260hp were breaking into the 13s. However, the TL-S traps higher. Caranddriver ran 14.1s @ 101mph. TL SHAWD couldn't break 100mph trap and ran anywhere from 13.9 to 14.5 (as I am just realizing) @ 96-99mph which means good from a dig (hence awd) not so much a roll.

>On the track it wouldnt be a contest
Yah the SHAWD would get fucked up. Here's a TL-S fucking up an IS350 and G35:
youtu.be/S40o3-I-dDQ

TL-S is a build with the track in mind. SHAWD is a build with luxury in mind. Do you really wanna keep going?

makes for less comfortable front suspension because of packaging restraints inherent with transverse configurations

>there is smartphone control of car in rlx
Only basic functions such as locking, unlocking. Competitors will self park.

>im not 100% positive but i think semiautonomus is an option
No.

>RLX has ambient lighting
A few blue LEDs at the footwell is what you call luxury? Competitors have full ambient lighting all around the cabin as well full customizability.

>Display in the RLX i behind mercedes but on par with bmw
It's still using an analog gauge cluster whereas competitors have all moved on to full LCD displays.

>Car has options but not as many as other companies
No shit.

>Acuras engine is a major advantage their is nothing more reliable
People in this segment are not looking for reliability.

>custom paint acura?
You have to understand customizing your vehicle exactly how you want it is part of a luxury vehicle.

>delivery?
You have to understand taking delivery of your brand new vehicle near the manufacturing plant at the headquarters of the make is part of the luxury experience people look for.

> I will admit other companies offer more tech and better performance that you must pay for.

You have bought bargain luxury. It is not luxury miles ahead of the competition.

> im not sure if you have sat in a 2017 rlx and a 5 series in the same day.

You should probably not compare your vehicle to others in this segment. Your vehicle is cheaper and more luxurious than most. It is not luxury however.

>also the point isnt to be flashy or anthing just comfy as fuck with decent power and handling its all you would need if you are a non car person.

You have purchased the perfect vehicle targeted specifically to you. I'm surprised they have found the handful of people willing to purchase it.

My dude never thought I would come across another RLX owner on here.

I have a 14 with the Tech package. The seats are insanely comfy.

Only gripe is with the suspension. On shitty roads it manages to be bouncy and stiff

You have good test, my friend.
I find the fourth gen TL sexy, but I'd never trade my TL-S for another car. My dream car is a 3.2CL-S with the 6mt, since it has a handbrake and manual compared to the TL's pedal brake and automatic; Unfortunately they're fucking RARE.

>TL's pedal brake

What do you mean? The hand brake? Aren't all TLs with hand brakes that you pull up?

I think they made the 4g TL front end too hideous and like I said, the weight is getting up there for a midsized sedan so while they did give it a bit more power, there was also a lot more weight.

CLS are really rare indeed. Pretty sweet cars. Good styling, decent power, potential for a nice build.

I snagged this 5g TL pic off a facebook group. Front grille is photoshopped but the rest of the build is real. Looks pretty damn decent if you ask me without that ugly grille. Acura needs to step up their styling again.

>paying 50k for a v6 accord

styled to perfection

>styled to perfection

Halogen daytime running lights are perfection now?

>waffles on a base

Did somebody say they need to see HIDs? Here, have HIDs. Have em in the fogs too.

in 2004 yes.
most countries require daytime running lights by law

Fix the glare on your eBay bulbs.

>13 year old car with halogen bulbs is perfection

those stock wheels? nice ride 11/10 gud taste!

Fucking love my teg

Stock wheels. 07-08 TLS came with 17" waffles or 18" aspecs (this). I'd recommend something other than that though. Aspecs are close to 30lbs a piece without tire. Can find something sub 20lbs. Give you better handling and acceleration.

>benefits of an Acura

Honda reliability and price.
You don't have to drive a sin-ugly Lexus.
Not likely that your Honda drivetrain will ever have a problem, but if it does you won't need a separate vehicle loan just to afford the repairs.
The VTEC engines are spirited and fun to rev.
The PAWS and SH-AWD provide superior handling performance to anything you can get in other brands' equivalent vehicles.
Honda is actually trying new technology in drivetrains with their Acura brand. From the torque converter+dual-clutch to the 8 and 9 speed shiftable autos, to the PAWS and SH-AWD, Honda is at least trying something on the consumer end to move technology forward whereas everyone else is just phoning it in.

>cons of an Acura
The styling isn't ugly, but it also isn't alluring.
You get what you pay for.
There's no V8.
There's no RWD.
Instead of raw improvement to performance and luxury at an increase in price, Honda is trying to distinguish the Acura brand among the luxury marks with things like new technology and price points, which means you'll never be driving the best raw performance spec anything (with the exception of the RDX). If you care about NUMBERS, you'll never like an Acura.

That's my take on it at least.

That's not a base
It's a tl-s. You can tell by the wheels.

Parking/E-Brake is a pedal on 3.2TLs/CLs. Only specifically on the manual 3.2CL-S is there a handbrake.

I'm partial to the early 2000's styling of Acura cars, like the Integra and RSX. I also like the 5g TL styling but it's WAY too big for my taste.

Is that yours? I spent way too much time in the TL community where everyone with a base does every little modification to look like a S. You can tell by the amber headlight. TL-S's amber is smaller. Unless you were in an accident and swapped headlights.

It depends on the car and the driver, as far as 1/4 mile in the TL-S. There are base 6MTs with exhaust that run low low 14s. A 6MT with summer tires launched right will hit high high 13s

As far as the SHAWD, thats a PERFORMANCE system, if you've ever driven a SHAWD TL or RL you would know.
>base headlights
>clearly no brembos

A KBP 6MT Type S with clean a-specs would go in my dream garage.

One of the most popular TL's in the community, turbo w/ a 400 and 700 hp tune, theres a video of it walking a Chevy SS w/ LSX swap

That's Shane's TL. The other one is Andy. Have em both on normiebook lmao.

Also get the aspec kit while you can. It's becoming more and more scarce. Venders have jacked the price from $300 to near $400 per lip and there's people willing to pay that much.

Nah, it's clearly a tl-s.
You'd think those who spends so much time on the forums and actually owns one you could tell the difference.

>front
>wheel
>drive

>They are super high quality for non car people. The car for someone who wants to sit in comfort and never have to worr about anyhting gooing wrong.
You're talking about a Lexus though

>low quality bait

>low quality enthusiast

>The most notable revision is the return of the Type-S edition of the TL. The Acura TL Type-S received the Acura RL's 3.5-liter V6 tuned to 286 horsepower (213 kW) with either a 5-speed automatic with F1 style paddle shifters or a 6-speed manual transmission. The Manual transmission includes a Limited Slip Differential. Exterior differences include quad exhaust pipes, restyled rear lamps and front fascia, lip spoiler, wider side sills, Brembo brakes, dark silver 10-spoke wheels, a "black chrome" grille rather than the standard glossy grille, and exclusive Type-S badging, plus an exclusive new color option, Kinetic Blue Pearl. The interior has Type-S badging on the steering wheel and headrests, more highly bolstered front seats, two-tone seats (only with the Ebony/Silver interior), metal racing pedals, carbon fiber trim, and red interior lighting (as opposed to blue in the base TL). Touch screen navigation is standard and the suspension has been firmed up. The only options are the aforementioned transmission and high performance summer tires (Bridgestone Potenzas) rather than the standard all-season tires (Michelin Pilot MXM4s).

I forgot he's also missing the TYPES emblem in the front grille. Either you placed waffles on that base or someone else did that for you and scammed extra cash out of you.

Next I'm gonna find out it's an auto.

Yes, the dealership must've swapped every tl-s part onto a brand new base tl right outta the factory. They even went through all the effort to swap the steering wheel, exhaust, switched all of the interior lighting to trademark type-s red, added all of the badging, upgraded wheels, brakes etc.
that's so much more likely than you being wrong and upset about it.

rekt

just picked up a cls6 2 weeks ago

what should i do to it?

Convert it to automatic

And drum brakes

I got an 04 TL it's comfy

My friends nsx in front of the TL

Do the sandpaper treatment on your headlights

Buy some of those Philips crystal vision headlight bulbs that give a whiter color

3rd gen is love, 3rd gen is life.

you realize that's not that hard right? people swap that shit all the time. i even have the quad exhaust and 07 aspec kit all around, ppl think its a type s. the only really difficult thing to match is the stitching in the seats.

>doesn't know the tl-s came in auto
Do you guys know ANYTHING about the cars you own?
That's disgusting rice and looks nothing like a stock tl-s. Aspec kit an was available option on base tl btw. They're pretty common.

Well to start.. Lexus actually makes V8s and has a performance division in their F-line cars. Their cars have more character and have probably the best looking interiors (that will actually look nice in the next 10 years).

both acura and lex went to shit in the styling department after 08. lexus is just now getting it back. shame i can't say the same about acura yet.

>accuses someone of not knowing anything
>thinks 07 base and s headlights are exactly the same
>still dodging this point

Also typeS aspec kit is different than base aspec kit. Finally I never said that pic was an S. Dude threw on every single type-S part - headlights, diff + larger grille mesh, lower fog light mesh. Only thing that is off is the aspec lip and some people do like the older one better and do throw it on their S.

>thought a type-s was a base
>gets proven wrong in the worst possible way
>spergs uncontrollably and tries to damage control

???

this

Do you still see Acuras on the road?
Oh yea, those shitbox Integras and RSXs.

Acura is a poormans Lexus. Ppl.. Stop damage controlling for budget luxury.

>im not 100% positive but i think semiautonomus is an option
>RLX has ambient lighting

Grats dude, a $28k Focus ST has these things too.

>700HP
>wrong wheel drive

That car is good for highway pulls and nothing else.

>still ignoring his base headlights
>dodges every time it's mentioned
>feels good about himself

>still unaware they're obviously type s headlights
>continues to make a fool of himself

fwd a shit
Eh... sorry bro you wrong. You can tell by the reflectors. I hate to see fellow 3rd gen tl enthusiasts go out like this :/

No one is denying that. For the same price as my TL at the time I couldve gotten an ES350, but its ugly as fuck. IS350 is tiny on the inside despite being fun, and the GS was pricey for low miles. The TL has very little compromises if you aren't an autist about FWD. Bolt ons and you can hang with a lot of cars

Lmao i can tell youre TL owners because you argue like them

If we're still talking about the first car, the headlights look base because the reflectors are different, it could be because theyre on they look like base lights, I dunno. I have a UA6

>the headlights look base because the reflectors are different

bruh you need your eyes checked. They're clearly tl-s headlights.