I work at a car wash

I work at a car wash

AMA

is the renesis any good?

hey me too

If you wash my car interior will you scratch my dashboard and/or sat nav screen or you actually pay attention in the process?

t. autistic who fear things like that

Who are your most idiotic customers?

clean it up wagie

Why did you open a thread if you're not answering people?

Vandalize any cars, OP?

What's the most common scent of soap you guys use? Every car wash smells about the same so it must be a particular kind that's really popular and it gives me nosegasms Everytime

car in the tunnel

Is that what they say to you when customers wants to pound your ass?

How much do you ask for that?

I would have to go out of my way to scratch your dash with my rag. it's basically impossible

I had a lady ask me what I do with the tips. some other guy paid for us to hand dry his car then did it himself

we have 3 different flavors, lemon new car and leather. those are the most popular

I don't know what that is

phone died, had to run an errand then charge it at home.

Do people that actually like their cars actually let other people clean them, or is it mostly just soccer moms and nasty daily drivers?

Never let anyone touch my car aside from my trusted mechanic shop.

I live in a suburban area. Wake Forest/Raleigh North Carolina is literally the most average city ever, so of course there's no lamborghinis or ferraris that come through, but the occasional corvette or souped up infinity does.

of the vehicles in our area, those are the best there are, so to answer your question, yes. We are trained and there's a large procedure we have to go through that includes us paying for any damages if something were to happen, but you have a better chance to crash on the way than for us to vandalize your car.

I suppose I could have worded that better

Yes nice cars come through, very nice, full leather interior, race seats, manual transmission, blaring engine, but they are rare.

We are more likely to get a sedan from some lady who hasn't had a car wash in years, because that's simply how people work. But nice cars do come through.

Should I wash my car with cleaning solutions every week during the winter or is a simple rinse enough until the summer?

Now that is a question I truthfully know the answer to. I do however know that to keep your vehicle in tip top hygenial shape, you should take care of it once a week.

Did you have an A1A day today?

I know that's the wife from breaking bad but I have no clue what A1A means

>but the occasional corvette
As someone who owns a Corvette, this has not once crossed my mind. Do you have them sign a waiver or something? I know if I took my vet through a car wash, the front end would get ripped off because its so low to the ground.

Any tips on getting mirror glass perfectly clean? I always have these circles left on it that become visible when light shines on it

What is the recycle rate of the water used? Is the bypass set at 20% or does the government require a recycling rate greater than 80%?

Are the cleaners (car shampoo) similar to what we buy such as meguiar's or is it some custom formula using chemicals not available in consumer products?

>some other guy paid for us to hand dry his car then did it himself
That was quite considerate of him. He knew you needed more tips to make up the wages. But he was worried about the car wash skimping on clean drying towels to the point that accumulated grit could scratch his car. So he did it himself.

Do you know about "the chevy hole?"

Idiotic? The elderly. They dont know how to hit their brakes in a timely manner. Always respond to "Hi, how are you doing?" With "$12", and dont get me even fucking started on how many times I've heard " I cant turn off my windshield wipers, theyre automatic."

Not intentionally ever, scratched one one time and told nobody lol, never heard about it afterwards.

Soccer moms, fucksticks that dont care about their trucks and oilfueld workers. Anyone that cares about their vehicle washes in a bay

Its fucking garbo for reliability, but 250 horse out of a na 1.3 is impressive. Still would take a 13b-rew any day tho, my girlfriend has an s5 na with some 13b in it thats also bretty fun

After youve cleaned it and its dried, go over it once more with a fresh and clean microfiber with no extra product on it.

We buy buy the 55 gallon barrel, mostly Kleen-rite products, never heard of it before working here

do you wash cars?

Do you kiss with your eyes open or closed

Will soap car washes use strip my wax?

No clue, to the best of my knowledge the city pumps us water, customers spray it onto their cars, and it runs into the grates that lead to the sewers

Yes
Both, mostly closed tho.
Nope, just regular old car wash soap, no wax stripping properties to it.

w-will you kiss me?

Never heard of it

>Nope, just regular old car wash soap, no wax stripping properties to it.
Even Meguiar's Gold Class car wash shampoo strips wax off. It removes Meguiar's Gold Class wax and also removes most of Turtle Wax ICE wax.

Around here, commercial washes have to capture the runoff water from the cars and process it before dumping into the sewers.

Pollution laws like that usually force all the self-service wash bays out of business once the grandfathering clause is removed when it has to re-register due to change of ownership.

What types of mechanical cleaning does your carwash use? Those fabric strips with a lot of water? Or is it touchless spraying? If enough liquid is used, are those fabric strips not scratchy?

Been around since the 80s, we never retrofitted any equipment like that, just runs straight back into the sewers
The fabricy-rubbery black stripped spinning brushes. The automatic only goes when there is someone there to prewash whats going in to get rid of mud in the wheels or wheel wells, grease, and turn down vehicles that could be damaged or dangerous. What this means is that our brushes stay very clean compared to the 24/7 autos in town that the oil field trucks we turn down go to. I have never in my experience at any car wash had a customer come back with a scratched car ( about 4 years experience across 3 washes )

>I had a lady ask me what I do with the tips
What the fuck
Why do people give you tips? You must be american or some other shithole

>We are trained and there's a large procedure we have to go through that includes us paying for any damages if something were to happen
What is this procedure? Because if it's going through an automatic, it's most likely getting scratched.

>that vette
>those brushes
no.no.no.
why do fuckers with non-shitboxes ever go through carwashes?
I guess most people just don't know how much damage those do but still. REEEEEEE.

How low can my ride be to the ground without getting fucked up in the wash?

Does that undercarriage anti rust spray actually work? What about the wax they claim they put in the wash?

Your business is grandfathered then. Or your state doesn't push pollution control laws. In my state, even the self-service car washes have to treat the water for petrochemicals before dumping it into the sewer.

>Because if it's going through an automatic, it's most likely getting scratched.
Not OP, but just a many years customer. It depends on the car wash and how cheapskate they are with their gear and washing fluids.

I've had a number of new cars and watch carefully for scratches in the sunlight. My local favorite car wash uses a combination of touch-free and blue and white fabric strips. Some strips hang down and move back and forth with a slight up/down. Others are large diameter spinning brushes. Unlike wire-like bristles, the fabric strips spinning around hang on to their liquid. Because it is a large diameter, the physical force is different than if it were a small diameter brush. The wide strips hold liquid like an insulating layer. And there is a LOT of liquid so there is a lot of cleaning as well as hydrodynamic lubrication effect.

Ride height will depend on the wash itself, ours can handle anything higher than about 4 inches off the ground safely.

Undercarriage rinse for us is just high pressure water, and I wouldn't trust "anti rust" undercarriage rinse any more than a standard cheap spray wax. It will be on there for a day or two, then it will dissapear and be pointless

How much undercarriage spray is needed to "effectively in a practical sense" remove corrosive chemicals? Is it measured in gallons? Total number of spraying nozzles? Number of times an area is hit by a spray?

>What about the wax they claim they put in the wash?
Not OP, but waxes that are sprayed on with water are there to just provide a temporary shine as the water is blown off the car by the air jets.

It has no real thickness to it and when I rub my finger on the surface, it feels like there is no wax coating. But that's understandable since it is basically washed on and washed off by water. So there is the barest amount on top of the clear coat. So a wax job still needs to be done. That's why I don't pay for the additional wax job from the car wash. I'd end up removing what little wax shine it had when I rewaxed the car with a better protecting wax.

Does this apply to stuff like Meguier's Ultimate Wash and Wax?
I typically was with that, then go over everything with their quick wax spray, is that not enough protection?

Should I be using another wax product on top of that, and if so, would it be more effective if I used a regular soap instead of a wash and wax with it?

Also, is there a significant difference in effectiveness between liquid wax and paste wax?

how do i clean my car when the only source of water i have is incredibly hard?
full of calcium and shit so it leaves watermarks no matter how fast i dry it off

>is there a significant difference in effectiveness between liquid wax and paste wax?

No, only a certain very thin layer of wax sticks to the surface of your clear coat. Using more wax only doesn't make more protection because when you wipe the wax off to even out the coating, there's only going to be so much that sticks on and the rest is removed. That's why the instructions say to use it sparingly so as not to waste it.

>full of calcium and shit so it leaves watermarks no matter how fast i dry it off

There is deionized water filtration that some people use. That is basically water from an osmosis filter. If you have an osmosis filter at home, you can put a half gallon to one gallon in your pump sprayer (those 1.5 gallon pump up tanks) and use that little bit to do a final rinse of the car before you dry it off.

Water spots on chrome seem to come off when I use the Turtle Wax ICE liquid wax or Turtle Wax ICE Detailer spray. It's slower to come off with the meguiar's quick detailer spray (red spray bottle). I've tried both detailer sprays and noticed the difference.

Because TurWax ICE liquid goes on easy and comes off easy, I've switched to it instead of Meguiar's Gold Class wax. The gold class leaves white residue and is difficult to remove as you have to get it out of all cracks and crevices. When the solvent dries, the carnauba wax powder is exposed. In contrast, the turtle wax ICE is 100% synthetic wax. It comes off easily and doesn't leave white powder residue.

On glass, calcium spots that won't come off can be removed with mild acid such as 3% vinegar. The acid dissolves the calcium without wearing away the glass like a polish would. Just use gloves so you don't pickle your fingers.

As always, when you clean things with bare hands, wash your hands first to remove all skin oils. Ineffective cleaning of interior windows is probably due to the cleaning cloth being saturated with hand oils. Thus wiping the window is like smearing more crud on them from your hands.

whats the fuel economy like on the S5?
I'm thinking of getting one

so then wouldn't the wax from the wash and wax plus the quick wax spray be enough?

I can still see the suction cup outlines on the glass from when they installed the window... how the fuck do I get it out? Windex did nothing.

The "wax" from the wash-and-wax is removed when you apply the quick wax spray and wipe to a shine. So no need to pay extra. Get it clean, then wax it with your wax spray.

But if you don't mind the extra trouble, give Turtle Wax ICE a try. They also have a spray wax for those who cannot spend the extra time with liquid wax application and removal. Spray and wipe off. But the liquid wax is so easy that I don't mind it at all. It's a huge relief from using Megiuar's Gold Class which was really tedious to remove from every crack. And ICE can be put on trim and chrome and wiped off. It doesn't make a mess so it is really easy to apply and take off.

But if you have problems getting rid of water spots on chrome, try the ICE detailer spray. Let it sit on for a short moment before wiping off.

If you have one of those cotton shop towels, it is rough enough to polish the suction cup gripper stuff they put on to make sure they have a super grip.

Just rub the dry towel firmly and it will buff off the material from the glass without wearing the glass down.

If those rings are scratches and not deposited material, then that's different.

9-13 mpg roughly, the mileage is horrible, but that's not what she bought it for, she has a crosstrek as a daily

how to open a car wash?

>how to open a car wash?
As with all faciltiies service type companies, you must get the approvals and permits first. Otherwise, you build something and find out that it cannot be licensed for operation at that location.

Corrupt government officials make a lot of money deliberately delaying approvals and permits by stretching out the process to the max time. Sometimes, even into the officially late period to force the company to file a complaint to act upon the request or permit investigation process. The delays are a front created to force the company to "hire" services from a facilitator to "cut the red tape" and speed approval. In Arkansas, Hillary Clinton ran such a service to cut red tape for business approvals as her husband was governor.

In past interviews in the 1990's LONG before he considered running for office, Drumpf had complained about new york city managers doing that to his projects all the time. So he was forced to hire at premium prices their friends and related companies to work on projects in order to save 6 months to 1.5 years delay here and there on projects. Otherwise, projects would have delay after delay due to investigations and lack of permits or permits recalled due to "new evidence of noncompliance" appearing followed by 45 day delays. Drumpf remarked how he hated it but he had to pay them off because expediency. Time is money on financed projects. And delaying past certain dates results in performance penalties from customers and even suppliers who set delivery windows for both delivery and received payment.

How much do you get paid by the people at turtle wax?

>How much do you get paid by the people at turtle wax?
You might as well say that to everyone that mentions Megiuar's, Chemical Brothers, Mothers, and all the other car detailing products.

I think use of a name brand wax product is good after a commercial car wash. If my car is only lightly dirty, I will wash it by hand and then wax. But there are times I will use the commercial car wash and then do a 2nd wash at home because those are the times I apply sealant. The commercial wash is good at stripping off waxes and silicone oils. The 2nd wash makes sure the care is really clean before sealing.

So a good six figures then? How can I get in on this? No joke, I can advertise shit all day on many forums, and I won't fuck with your territory.

>full of calcium and shit so it leaves watermarks no matter how fast i dry it off

Did your liquid (not paste) wax remove the waterspots? If the spots are not very thick and very hard (a lot of minerals), then the wax removes the waterspot without much rubbing.

If the liquid wax doesn't, then try your detailer spray and see if that removes the waterspot. It should. And what that means if your spotting is this bad, then you have to casually detail your car before waxing it. How annoying, right?

>How can I get in on this?
That other guy's complaint seems like it's someone with misplaced idealism. When product names are mentioned, he gets mad that the companies might make money. Or he doesn't want anyone here indirectly working for companies for free.

Another example of misplaced idealism is someone complaining that police should not use a cellphone in a car when regular people are not allowed to. There really are multiple complaints about this in my city. Another complaint heard in my city are people who say that police should not be allowed to carry guns openly because citizens are not allowed to openly carry guns.

same principles as with any other business.