/simg/ - Simulation Games General

North Korea Edition

Previous Thread:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MzXNTP5SS8&t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=jgi0Q9OKTLM
youtube.com/watch?v=JX0zS6BZiQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WW2 best

nigger

paki

fucking paki

fuck off paki

5th for Viggen Soon.

>yfw the Viggen has a passive radar mode to detect jamming targets

>DCS

:^)

indians love anime though

Has anyone seen Great Planes?

>non-melodramatic Aussie narrator is the best

Where does this go

oi oi

Not here anymore

>DCS = SAFE
>BMS = SAFE
>IL-2 CLOD (TF) = SAFE
>IL-2 BoS = NOT SAFE

british culture, cuisine and its people are appalling.

aesthetic chavs smashing chairs at eachother.webm

Two world wars wiped out all the British people worth a shit and left only the mouth breathers, chavs and inbred grotesques.

Convoy report, heading north at 9 knots. Will be plotting an intercept course.

BEADY

wasnt mosley a fascist ? why would pol be against a fascist ?

same goes for every other country in WW2

But what If I like and play all 4????

Will be doing it manually and step by step, so for whoever is interested here goes some boring plotcoursing (I have autism so I think it is fun)

Inner ring set to course of ship to be intercepted. In this case the BDU reports north, so that is 0/360 degrees, we put that at the top.

because pol

Next step is to add my true bearing to the convoy onto the inner dial. MY true bearing to the reported location of the convoy is 118, so we draw a line from the middle over the inner 118 marker (usually there is a dial, I don't know if it is hidden behind a hotkey or if I broke the thing, no matter though, we can just draw it in)

In MO now. Snow and hardly any civilization.

are ageod games any good

Next up is determining the aob, or angle on bow. This is simply a case of reading where the line of the previous step intersects the INNER ring. In green is shown how the line crosses the 118 marker for my true bearing. In purple is the location of the aob read, which in this case is 62.

youtube.com/watch?v=6MzXNTP5SS8&t=37s

youtube.com/watch?v=jgi0Q9OKTLM

Now we flip over the wheel and line up the aob noted on the outermost ring with our speed. We will be traveling at about 10 knots, so we line up the 62 on the outer disc, with the 1.0 (=10knots) on the inner ring.

holy fuck that guy got completely lit

holy shit is this Combined Arms?

He didn't need that right wing anyways.

it's just a meme

it's time to smoke a bloddy poip

youtube.com/watch?v=JX0zS6BZiQg

it's time to SMOKE

Explain Brazil then?

senpai i appriciate your posts, i really like learning this stuff.
though i'll probably forget everything when i'll reinstall sh

With the wheel in its current configuration, we draw a line from the middle, through the TARGET'S speed onto the outer ring, this gives us the lead bearing. In this case the target's speed is 9 knots, we draw the line through the 9 to obtain 52(ish) as our lead bearing.

>Explain Brazil

Is this a joke?

3rd world commie shithole, the war didn't affect them as much as being full of niggers did.

Yeah but it's also DCS so why bother

0:06

Flyingcigar.webm

Last step, we take the true bearing from step 2 (118) and subtract from it the lead bearing of 52 (i.e. moving 52 degrees to the left, or port, because our target ships our on our portside). Here we draw a new line from the middle, this time we draw it over the entire diameter of the wheel, now on the outside of the middle ring we read our course of attack. In our case it is 64-65.

So we set our course to 64 degrees, then we set our speed to 10 knots (the speed we used earlier, if you change your speed now things will not add up anymore obviously). If the information on the enemy contacts was accurate, and they keep their course and speed constant, the course obtained this way will be the fastest route to intercept your target at the speed you chose.

I'll might add a little explanation of what is happening in each step in a bit. I mean just following the steps 1 by 1 will get you the results, but if you understand the concepts behind each step it becomes easier to remember. It also becomes easier if the thing has an extra dial, as you would be using that extra dial to not all the intersections rather than a paint tool as I have done now.

>((((((((((RUSSIAN BIAS))))))))))

Welcome to Italy, anons.

Now THIS is autism.

>He can't follow the advanced concepts involved and lashes out like a baby.

>RWR beeping intensifies

>i click buttons in the same order before every flight
>i am a pro simmer

Don't be silly. The Airbus a321 doesn't have a radar warning system.

Um submarines don't fly retard.

It does now

This shit felt like a movie at the time.

Now all is done and dusted, the course has been plotted and expected point of interception marked.

Now in this particular instance my uboot is angled more than 90 degrees away from the target course, i.e. my rear end is pointing closer towards the intended course than my frontend, in this case it is especially bad as it is basically 180 degrees behind me. The whole plotcoursing we did just now assumes you leave from your location towards the target IMMEDIATELY at the speed you chose. Being back to front this is obviously not going to happen.

Furthermore I don't want to be there when my target is there, I want to be there BEFORE my target gets there.

With these two things in mind I will be upping my speed to 14 knots, then hit periscope depth when I make visual contact and set up for some torps.

The plane simmers do the same buddy. They follow literal checklists they have printed out and keep next to them. They follow these every time they fly the vehicle. Failing to follow the checklist is a good way to have a bad time.

Reminder that CLoD has literally no auto start key. You HAVE to know how to start the aircraft to fly.

video games are gay

>literally just clicking 4 switches
>this somehow makes it a better sim than BoS

good post

Reminder that this user has no fucking idea what he's talking about and that the startup sequence is dumbed down and omits basically everything except turning the fuel, and master switch on.

>>>>>>>"""""(((sim)))"""""

>BoS
>sim

woooooooooooooooooooooooooah there

please fly from Melbourne to Perth

>moving goal posts.ntrk

WWII aircraft didn't have complex start-up's. They were really that simple. Especially early war.

Is there a /simg/ DCS server?

Here's my flight plan, actually

Here a a handy little tool if you struggle with knots, meters, minutes, seconds, kilometers etc. and getting an unknown variable when you have several others.

You simply note 2 knowns on the vertical ruler and draw a ling through them, the unknown value (time, distance or speed) will be given to you.

Also rather than intersection I meant interception.

awiohhfgnawgnawnwagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingidigjgsjoasfduj-] DCS aerjfwjopwfajofwaj[faw;lfawojfjo; airstart aipwjniwajpwapdwajoawdbipawnnawnknad bos not sim wabuofwabnwafbowfai9iw109329180ug8vohivhioawcn :^) that will get him

Where are the cute girls, yuri?

>flying over ukraine

heh

Reminder WW2 spitfire pilots at the height of the Battle of Britain were "trained" in basically 24 hours. WW2 era planes are simply not that hard to operate. Hard to master and become an ace in, sure, but the basic shit of "how the fuck does this thing work" is pretty simple.

>literally just clicking 4 switches
literally how it was done you fucking idiot
you wouldn't know since all you do is press E in that sad excuse u call a sim

>be talented artist with hours of free time
>could draw anything
>decide to draw this

is anyone else too much of an ADD fuck to sim properly but too much of an egotist to let go entirely?

i can land in falcon 4 if given an airstart, fuck off and be nice to me.

>clicking four buttons instead of one button makes it better
REALLY making me think

>he thinks everyone is limited to one sim only

u dum

the secret is that they're not that talented. it'll all be tricks and even probably tracing.

what is a true sim then?????

my neurons are activated

>"WWII Simulator"
>automatic start up sequence with a press of a button

into the trash

DCS World duh

you don't HAVE to do it

Do you discuss NOTHING else other than >lel sim ?

cruising along scanning the horizon, when I spot this. Doesn't seem to be in the main convoy, it doesn't have the reported course or location, might be joining them or alternatively scanning the perimeter. That ship is about 8km south of my location, nearish to where the convoy should be.

>Decide to try DCS because apparently its the only real sim
>buy the F-15
>look up the start sequence checklist.
>its 3 buttons, 2 for the engines, one for the power
>wow what the fuck?
>decide to buy the SU-27
>its the same thing
>buy flaming cliffs 3 as a whole
>they are all the same
>find out there is a difference between full fidelity and flaming cliffs
>buy the Mirage 2000
>start up sequence is even easier, its alt + home

What the fuck i want my money back.

>tfw we removed dirty germans

I don't think you understand what moving the goalposts means.

>buy the Mirage 2000
>start up sequence is even easier, its alt + home

What are you talking about?

i never played soccer

the fact that one of them SIMULATES the entire start up procedure. Yeah, it's better.

Well shit nigga, I guess it's not that important in a sim then is it?

>QED

Mosley would have made Britain God Tier, instead we have Chavs.