Plymouth Prowler:

What do you guys think about the Plymouth Prowler? Is it a good car?

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/fix/engines/SRT-Prowler-project.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hotwheels tier
it looks call but must ve very impractical to drive

plus it looks like a vibrator that belongs to a suburban house wife

It's the one true god machine, don't let anyone in this thread tell you otherwise, they're just trying to keep the secret on lock.

I saw one the other day and out of curiosity, looked up some info on them. Turns out they aren't very fast or good and are only available in auto.

Boomer's dream car from the sound of things.

>I don't know anything about the subject at hand, but based on my 2 seconds of research I can conclude [ignorant opinion]

All of Veeky Forums in one post, really.

>defending the fucking prowler

come the fuck on now

not that guy but it really does suck

I mean its very unique looking but thats about it

It has a generic chrysler shitbox v6 from the 2000s mated to an abomination of a 4 speed auto
Its not very fast specially for modern standards but i heard it actually handles somewhat decent but has a very rough ride
Its also going to be very expensive for what is basically an old chrysler 300 shitbox with a body kit

>listening to you

The V6 was the best option at the time despite disparaging memes, the only true drawback is the auto only feature. Manual swap it and you have a fun car to drive.

>having to manual swap a car to make it fun
>still a v6

Looks cool but it's not a very good car.
It also only got a V6 when it should've had a rumbling V8.

What should have been

Literally looks like a PT Cruiser extended itself and cut itself horizontally

Ugly

I drove one that came in for an emissions test and drove it around the parking lot.

Throttle response was slow, brakes are garage and getting to 50 km/h took longer than caravan

>brakes are garage

Fuck man, you've got to admit, that's innovative.

>everyone hating on the Prowler
>everyone entirely missing the point of the car

>good
>v6
lol !!!

>look up conversion kit
>none exist

C'MON

Which is what, exactly?

Having a fun, road legal, open-wheeler roadster.

It's equivalent to criticizing the Fast and Furious franchise for being bad. That's not the point. It's not supposed to be good, it's supposed to be entertaining.

Conversion for what, exactly? What components?

its a hotwheel rat-rot built for the boomer generation

i remember when it came out i thought it was retarded as shit, saw a red and yellow one in person and 2 boomers were driving it go figure. this car has no positive qualities im not sure how it even made it out of concept when there were so many better vehicles to choose from

Take that stupid shit off the front and you have a car.

V8

Looks like fun with that faggot bumper off and slicks. Open headers by hood or sidepipes like old school. Like them whe i was 15 but seem gay as shit now. Meh/10

its ugly and has a V6

a shit

beautiful and open wheel

a best

The entire FCA line is made of garage. Just because it's innovative doesn't mean it isn't also crap.

I've actually driven one of these, only once but it was for about a solid hour, my neighbor let me take his for a spin. Suspension was hard as rocks, he had me go *extremely* slowly over some bumps and it was still brutal. Handling is terrible. Heavy and without road-feel. The acceleration is sluggish too. Made a cool sound though, for what it's worth. Overall 4/10, looks WAY better than it rives, and it doesn't even look all that great.

It was more of an engineering study for Chrysler at the time. They tried to make everything that was metal but the body work out of aluminum. Chassis, engine, transmission, suspension bits. It was all the rage.

Partsbin car like most automakers of that era. Which means it's relative junk now.

However, it pulls over 1G on a skidpad thanks to the light weight and massive 20 inch tires, and has a 0-60 time of six seconds, which was respectable at the time.

Featured in a playstation game with 70's cars as a time traveler patrol car from 2017.

>V6
>4 Speed Auto only
The fuck was Chrysler thinking?

If you get a Prowler, get rid of that tranny, put anything you want on its place, as long it has over 5 gears

If you have the dough, replace the engine with a V8 HEMI, and delete those fucking bumpers
If you dont, delete the bumpers and put a turbo/surpecharger on the thing

This would've been the perfect swap if he had just taken off the front safety moustaches
>owner's original plan was to add lambo doors too
allpar.com/fix/engines/SRT-Prowler-project.html

I think I'm the only person on the planet not triggered by the bumpers.

That is quite likely

it appears to be the wrong shape m8

I also don't mind the V6. But I do mind the transmission.

The shaker hood kind of ruins it for me, aesthetically.

good thing both of these things can be fixed

apparently some town in Arizona or whatever has a Prowler intombed in a vault to be given away as a prize in the year 2050 or something

i'd like to see the reaction of the elderly millennial or whatever future faggot that has to accept a faggy Prowler. Although to be honest it'll probably be the last manually-driven, internal combustion engine car to exist

>aztek
>thunderbird
>ssr
>pt crusier
>prowler

ugly as sin

>Prowler
>faggy

It's testosterone. Maybe misguided testosterone, but still.

>v6
if by misguided you mean low, then yes.

>253hp
>2900 pounds

With an automatic transmission, this car might have felt "peppy", but thats about it

For comparison, a manual integra GSR
- would beat this in a straight line
- was half the price
- handled significantly better in the corners

The only thing the prowler had going for it was looks, and even those seem to be hit or miss

Looks bloody awful :s