What went wrong?

Literally everything

I raced one of those the other day and I won with my focus

Using a Fiat chassis

I shamefully have to admit I like the looks of this car...

Its a neon

I like the running lights, other than that its just another car.

>Using a Alfa Romeo chassis
FTFY

dodges usually look pretty good imo, and the dart is no exception, its pretty slick for a shitty commuter can
but look inside and behold true horror

>true horror
>the chassis is better than the Golf one
>top class handling in its league (excluding premium models which costs more of course like the Bmw 1 series)
>full multilink in the rear axle
>the Golf uses a torsional beam with less powerful engines
>the 1.4 160 hp multiair is the same engine as the 500 Abarth and Fiat/Abarth 124

MUH MEMES

Those drivelines are shit though. The engines and transmissions are the least reliable in even dodge's terrible lineup.

So when mounted in the Dart the 1.4 multiair is unreliable and when mounted in the other cars like the Abarth 500 it turns out very reliable?

Genuinely asking.

Apparently yes, based on consumer reported data at that I really can't be fucked to find right now.

The Abarth 500 has been known not to be that reliable

The best version of the Dart to get is the 2.4L GT model.

Though the best sounding is that 1.4L Turbo.

My dad has an abarth. Spark plug had to be change because he didn't run the car for a week.

>consumer reports

Please don't post that evil here

This reliability index is based on reports from actual companies and not user who claims that the car isn't reliable because cup holders are not bigh enough for their 2 liters coca cola cups or because the radio "doesn't work" (even if a new firmware quickly fixed every problem).

The engine is very reliable, it's a well known fact that Fiat engines are pretty solid since forever.

The engine might be, but the rest of the car isn't. Plus a turbo 4 banger crammed in that 500 gave it space issues. The dart was the heaviest car that engine was ever put in and it strained to keep up. The 2.4 was more powerful.

>shilling for dodge

I test drove one, manual trans.
It felt pretty... meh. That suspension didn't do jack

Test drove the mazda 3, also manual.
Leagues ahead. Night and day difference

"suddenly accelerated"
As shitty as Chrysler is in their engineering department, this didn't happen
Good luck lady

>As shitty as Chrysler is in their engineering department, this didn't happen

Something like this could happen if the car has fully electronic throttle control.

I only trust cars that still have fully mechanical steering, braking and throttle.

FUCK drive by wire.

I have a 2.4L GT dart
It's alright
Once in a blue moon the speakers will go full volume for no reason
Otherwise pretty boring

>Once in a blue moon the speakers will go full volume for no reason

Thats horrifying

Yeah scares the shit out of me when it happens. It's a new car too so that's a pretty bad sign

/thread

no SRT trim

>blaming the victim

This, obviously.

don't blame Dodge for that. Blame Mercedes for sticking Chrysler with shit electronics when they dumped them. The Dart still uses Mercedes electronics.

well to start, it was made by fiat chrysler.

>no SRT4 (yet)

That's about it. If FCA can get their shit together to do that I'd buy it.

Lol Dodge will never make a srt4 of this generation of dart

Is Chrysler prohibited from changing that, or are they just lazy?

it's more that they don't have the capital to change it.

Then it's their own fault

>not having the money to develop all new electronics is their fault.
No it isn't. Before Mercedes got involved, Chrysler was the most profitable of the big 3. Then Mercedes gutted Chrysler and by 2007, anything that wasn't an SUV or truck couldn't pull a profit.
They're coming back around now. I expect the next gen Dart or Neon will have all new electronics and the next gen Charger/Challenger/300 are going to be based on the new Alfa Romeo Giulia platform, so they're going to get new electronics too.

their own fault for getting cucked by the efficient german penis

i cannot believe you are this stupid of a nigger.

how the FUCK is FCA able to develop the upcoming dodge demon, continue to produce the hellcat, & shove a hellcat engine in a fucking jeep?

if they can afford to fuck around with useless bullshit like that then those window-lickers can definitely spend a little bit more money to make their economy car reliable.

99% of people don't walk into a chrysler, jeep, or dodge dealership wanting a brand spanking new $80k 707 horsepower monster. people want affordable, decently comfortable, & reliable cars.

now, i'm not complaining that we have these muscle cars with insane amounts of horsepower, but for fucks sake, if you can afford to build really cool & fast shit, can't you build a halfway decent economy car?

This post is pure ignorance.
It costs more to develop a Chevrolet Cruze than it does to develop and produce a Lamborghini Aventador.
When you're building a product for such a highly competitive segment, it costs a LOT more to develop. If you allow no holds barred on engineering, you end up with something like a Mercedes A45 AMG. A fantastic car but too expensive and to niche to ever sell in even decent numbers, and even at that price, Mercedes probably won't make a profit from them.

By contrast, making a performance muscle car that makes headlines and draws people into the showrooms is fucking CHEAP by comparison.

It actually costed Ford more to develop the MK3 Focus, than it costed Nissan to develop the R35 GTR.

and this happens all over the industry. The cheapest cars cost the most to develop.

>any a class
>fantastic

Oh I am laffin

>implying this isn't the best part
>implying this isn't a really fucking good European sedan for American shitbox money

It is literally an Alfa Giulietta under the body.
almost all suspension components, engine block/head/manifolds, transmission and brakes are Giulietta parts. My front lower control arms even lack Pentastars like other parts on the car. Instead, they say FIAT-LANCIA-ALFA.

The only problems are that they were not really assembled with the greatest of care and that the leftover Daimler cabin electronics are the first parts to fail. This is the reason for the Dart's low CR score. Find one without the retarded touchscreen and a manual transmission and you're golden.

>Engine comes stock with oil separator, forged crankshaft and pistons
>Super easy maintenance
>Takes mods well

The Dart has a different ECU than the 500Ab and 124, it's a Bosch unit that does not utilize the DNA system, but you still get the e-Diff from the Giulietta and 500 Abarth.

No, it can't, because there are a bevy of sensors checking to make sure you are ACTUALLY pushing the throttle. There's a sensor in the pedal, and there are two in the throttle body usually that confer with each other and only listen to what the TPS says. The only time the ECU is allowed to take over total application of the throttle is when the cruise control is on. With multiair it's a bit weird 'cause the ECU actually flips the throttle between 35-85% under normal driving and uses the valves to control the intake air charge.

Sounds like another "im an uncoordinated jackass who should not own a car" episode to me.

Also, should note that if you remove the rubber pad under the gas pedal in the Dart, you expose a screwhead that the pedal can then jam the throttle open with. The pedal is plastic and has a lot of side-to-side play so literally anything in the driver's footwell can cause this, even putting your foot down in the wrong place and wedging it between the gas pedal and the center console.

This is also another reason to only buy manual transmissions. Shit wouldn't have happened if the fucker had a clutch.

>Husband couldnt think
wouldve been the same with a manual, the nu-male could have shifted to neutral with the auto as well

Nigger dodge could put a fucking 22R or LS3 in it and it'd STILL end up unreliable

>he thinks the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""victim""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" isn't lying

Not him.

So basically what youre saying is, is that Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep cant do this...or atleast do it right.

LMAO

>Not him.

So basically what youre saying is, is that Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep cant do this...or atleast do it right.

LMAO

correction. this post is for you.

rather, they don't have the money to develop a proper small car because Mercedes left them with fucking nothing.

Wrong.
Every cast aluminum suspension arm, except those for Fiat 500 family and Viper are cast in Etobicoke, Ontario at FCAs plant

>Every cast aluminum suspension arm
except the Dart suspension arms are cast steel, not aluminum

Turbo Dartfag here
Just got a honk and some thumbs up from a couple of bros in a Focus ST covered in rally lights and mudflaps.

it's funny because I'm missing a mudflap and the fake diffuser/exhaust tip holder so my car looks ratty as hell with the rear suspension links and truck-size muffler visible, but I cut out the resonator for extra brap.
So it was either a thumbs up for the sound or the Eurobeat I had cranked all the way to 32.

Also primary reason they did not sell well is because the most powerful version is the turbo (more horsepower than the 2.0, more torque than the 2.4), but the car intentionally drives like it has a turbocharger the size of a pumpkin so it's easy for normies to stay off boost and achieve """""""""41 mpg"""""""""". This makes for some rather sluggish driving dynamics if you aren't the kind of person who thinks about how cars work constantly.
No boost gauge in the dash at all, and they masked the induction noise so you can't tell why the turbo model accelerates like a pig below 2500 rpm. If you understand how a turbo engine works and stay in the powerband, it is lively, responsive, and very quick. Couple that with great suspension design and it's a lot faster than it feels when driven sedately on a dealership test drive. The traction control is Daimler-sourced and hates fun, but the back end is more than willing to step out under hard cornering, especially with the full roll bar setup in the Rallye package, and you can yank fuse F04 (i think, check your manual) to remove ESP from the equation completely.
It is by far one of the best shitboxes Chrysler has ever produced. Can't wait for them to show up in Lemons in 10+ years and just destroy everything.

No, you are wrong. I know because I have had my car on a lift and autistically inspected every component.

Some Darts have steel arms, the Aero models have aluminum ones.

I have a '13 Dart Rallye with the 1.4t, built in August 2012. I have steel control arms.
It has Fiat, Lancia, and Alfa badges arranged in a triangle and cast into the arms. If you need more proof they are Italian, they are also gently rusting.

>what went wrong
>Chrysler product

Take your pick, there's a lot of parts to break in that car

FIX
IT
AGAIN
TYRONE