Which manufacturer has (at any point in history) made the best cars and why is it indisputably Jaguar?

Which manufacturer has (at any point in history) made the best cars and why is it indisputably Jaguar?

>easily the best looking cars of all time
>can be picked up for peanuts
>owners aren't twats
>comfy and fast
>ones made in the last 20 years should be reliable
>muh supercharger whine
>leather and wood everywhere
>women will want to suck your cock

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XJ_(X308)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>can be picked up for peanuts
lol OP actually thinks this is a good thing. protip: they're cheap because they all break and nobody wants them

>ones made in the last 20 years should be reliable
they should be, but they aren't

Did you mean to rename some other picture with that filename? The x300 is one of the ugliest cars they ever made.

>what is lexus

Have you forgotten that Jaguar had been bought by Tata Motors, OP? The Indian company that made the Tata Nano, the cheapest car on the planet.

>they should be, but they aren't
This is what everyone believes and it's what I'm happy for everyone to continue to believe as it means I have an endless supply of cheap luxury cars.

It's an X308, I see you don't have a keen eye, sir.

I know I'll regret every moment of it but one day I want to own a widebody V12 XJS

>The Jaguar XJ (X308) is a luxury saloon manufactured and sold by Jaguar Cars between 1997 and 2003. It is an evolution of the outgoing X300 platform, and the exterior styling is nearly identical between the two generations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XJ_(X308)

That's irrelevant since I was shitting on the styling, which is very minorly changed between them.

>I have an endless supply of cheap luxury cars.
If they're so reliable, why would you need an endless supply, and not just one?

>oh yeah its because they're shit

I want a Lister XJS so bad...

Hahahahahahahahahaahah.

I wonder why old jags can be bought for 300$.
Jag is utter trash.

They're old cars and most of them have around 100,000 miles on them by now, if you do a lot of miles it's going to be spent in three years or less.

>licence plate literally says V8
>car is obviously a last 100 version of the X308 XJR
>'lol pffft who cares they look the same, not the point i was making anyway dude xdd'

Nice damage control, care to kill yourself?

>user makes comment about looks of a car
>WELL YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE THIS IS CLEARLY A SPECIAL EDITION TRIM VERSION OF THAT CAR AND NOT EXACTLY THE CAR YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT EVEN THOUGH THEY LOOK IDENTICAL

way to double down on your bad taste with some aspergers

Only Jag work a damn is a 350 swapped XJ.

>>easily the best looking cars of all time
This is just not true. The cylindrical lamps make it look stupid as shit. It looks like a retarded pig snout.

For me, it's the Lincoln Town Car.

>he thinks they look identical
In what universe? They look completely different, it's like saying a GT350 and a EcoBoost look the same.

>hurr durr, I'm a dumb fucking teenager, the post

They are nearly identical you fucking twat.

Neck yourself.

I'm not going to sit here and play spot the difference with you but if you think they are nearly identical I would recommend you shoot yourself in the roof of the mouth.

you're fucking dumb dude

>100,000 miles is a lot
>Jaguar reliability

They ARE nearly identical.

You're so obsessed with jags that they look miles different.

Its like a weeaboo saying that two skinny jap girls with the same haircut look completely different.

I suggest you fit yourself for a helium bag immediately.

Even a blind man on a galloping horse could differentiate the two quite easily even with a sweeping glance.

At present I would suggest you adorn your head with a bear-trap.

No it's becauae they are trash. My first '89 Acura made it to 220k I only did basic maintenance and replaced the brake master cylinder.

Old british cars are trash, literally everyone but contrarian faggots will disagree

They do look basically the same.

Jaguar mechanic and enthusiast here. Even I will admit that the x300 and x308 look pretty much alike. The external differences really only being bumper trim and lights. 99.9% of people would have a difficult time telling the difference between them.

X300 and X308 Jags regularly go for +200k miles with no problems. People that think they are unreliable are just spewing out things they've heard others say without having any first hand experience themselves.

>slow for engine size
>weak for that fuel guzzling
>expensive parts
>unreliable
>British

Only one of these is truly unforgivable. But the rest generally make me not want one. They're comfy and fun though, I'll give them that.

t. ridden in a few Jags, never driven.

if they made the best cars you wouldn't be able to pick them up "for peanuts"

>Jaguar mechanic and enthusiast here
Tell me they're reliable and cheap to run (aside from fuel economy) so long as I get one thats had regular gearbox maintenance and the tensioners done.

Also is the 4.2 XK any different to the 4.0 in any way other than the engine?

I'm a sucker for 1950s-1960s vehicle designs so it came to me as a nice surprise to find out that there are relatively modern vehicles with classically inspired design.

I should add, with the exception of an x type, which was an 08, all the Jags I've dealt with are 80's and 90's models.
I'm sure they've improved reliability since then.

No, it's just a difference in the engine. The 4.2 V8 was made for the x350 XJs when they came out in 2004. Since it made no sense to make 2 versions of the same engine, the XKs got the bigger, slightly, more powerful engine at the same time.

And yes, the tensioners are really the only problem with the V8. As well as regular trans service. They aren't too bad on fuel considering. I have regularly taken trips in my 1998 Vanden Plas from central NJ to National Harbor, MD and back in 1 tank, around 400 miles of driving.

lol Jaguar has always been the most average tier car company

I cannot understand why (who?) anyone buys a Jaguar, especially new. Such a fucking boring company. Who says "hurr derr im going to spend my 80k on a new Jaguar today!!" nobody, i seldom see them

When they go wrong they're ludicrously expensive to fix unless you're in the UK though.

And it's not like they're more reliable than most cars or anything, they're still on the bottom half of reliability they just aren't breaking down every week or two like old jags.

That is because poorfags like you don't know anyone that actually buys new Jaguars.

Maybe you can leave the trailer park and go visit the Section 8 housing and talk to the niggers there that own broken down 12 year old Jaguars and Infiniti J30's out in the public housing parking lot up on giant cheap chinese rimz. They can't even get the buy-here / pay-here lot to repo their POS.

This is the problem with "jag people" they compare the new ones to the old ones and go on about reliability, but really you're looking at equal reliability to a 2000s era alfa, except with more expensive parts.

S-Type looks like shit.

The Lincoln LS was better. But that was a POS too.

>ludicrously expensive to fix

I haven't found that to be the case at all. Parts are pretty reasonable. They are less expensive than parts for Mercedes and BMW, and quite frankly Jags break less often and are easier to repair when they do. I've worked on them all, I know.

Gyy pls. You cant argue with this guy

He drives a JAAAAAAAAG. Remember?

>Jaguar
>Not Lister

Get out

Too bad the S Type looks so shit because the interior isn't half bad and you can get a manuel with the 240bhp V6.

But Jag isn't the best make.

There is one near where i live. It has been standing there for at least a full year. Its got plants growing into it.

Granted, i saw the dude driving it once, and he was grinning like a madman, but yeah they are unreliable

Jaguar are well known for being crap. Buy a Jaguar and you are sending your car repairman's children to private school.

Get a Toyota / Lexus.

Agreed, fuck interesting cars, all cars should be reliable A to B appliances.

You're such a fucking cuckold it's unbelievable dude

oh boy, more soul and passion

and the noticeable effect is...

hood ornaments and badges

post pictures then

what's that? you don't own a car? lel

I won't lie, the X300 XJR seems really cool from a distance. Not too unreliable either from what I've heard. Still, I'd be scared.

nothing interesting about waiting for AAa

fuck it just engine swap to keep it going and enjoy dat sexy bod

Clearly never had the excitement of breaking down on a busy road with no shoulder that has a 70mph limit.

Fixing an XJS is more than just dumping the V12 and three-speed slushbox, all the electrics are shit too.

by the time you swap the engine the loom is gone too
so all that's left is to wire up the lights and cudgel the instruments

Not a wide body but there's one for sale near me that's a 3.6 and a manuel, I'm tempted because it qualifies as a classic and thus is peanuts to insure.

>at any point in history
>anything but Duesenberg

They are nearly identical, you turbo autist