Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Returns January 18th):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/MmsFC
discord.gg/CPvWzJK
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40262-press-turn-battle-system/
soundcloud.com/user-666801173/theme-of-a-broken-child/s-3bjq6
youtube.com/watch?v=Clp8dUWi6Mo
a.uguu.se/fTEUzgY4tmAt_MONO_10.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No idea why the other thread was already archived but it was extremely short lived.

So anons, answer me these questions three:

1. What is your MC's name?
2. What is your MC's quest?
3. Are you ever going to finish a fucking game?

I haven't come up with a good name for him yet. It's annoying, I had no trouble naming anyone else in the game but I still have nothing for the MC.

Any progress?

For once, yes. Going to redraw some of it, but filled and did some initial shading on another character. Will get started on tileset later tonight if don't get to sleepy.

Is there any way to make an MP barrier in VX Ace? That is, when a state converts HP damage into MP damage until MP runs out?

live!

Repeat from last thread: /rpgmg/ discord when

1. Valencia
2. To retrieve relics stolen from the church the person who saves her goes to
3. Never prolly

There already is a discord, but it has about 16 members and nobody talks to each other.

Having fun reskinning my game as Sci Fi and making a mess with gradients as I go.
All because I made a new UI element I thought didn't go with my current theme but was too cool not to use.

Most petty reason you've massively overhauled your game?

Is that why these threads aren't taking off?

The UI elements in question being:

These.

I think we're just not a very big community.
I can think of 5 projects we see a lot of, day to day, I don't know how many more there are.

(I think there are a further 3 or 4 using RTP but sadly i can't tell whose project is whose because of the shared assets)

gimme an invite anyway, maybe if it becomes less dead it'll be a good place to bounce ideas. plus I use discord a lot more than I browse this thread

discordapp.com/invite/MmsFC

Well shit, this is out of date. I've since left it due to the inactivity, sorry.

>discordapp.com/invite/MmsFC
invalid or has expired

I browse here pretty much every day. I took a few days off of making my game for story reasons but I'm still working on art. These threads feel like home.

I feel you senpai, I was surprised at first at how helpful and nice people here are compared to other boards I visit (been working on my game for little over a month)
Somehow it helps me stay motivated knowing there's at least a few other guys here struggling with the same things and with the same end goal.

I repeat, can we have a discord invite that *doesn't expire*?

What are some actually good RPG genre games?
Capella's Promise looked nice and promised 20-30 hrs of content but holy shit it's so boring and the writing is atrocious

Just make a new one. With perma invites. From the sound of it the previous one is a lost cause

We're a small community, but generally by the end of the thread there are around a hundred ips last time I checked. I always have this thread open on my phone so I can keep it bumped.

this tbqh fampai
That's really cool- maybe we can get a good room going

drawing is hard when you use a trackball... I need a drawing tablet for sure.

I know it gets asked often, but still.

What elements are you using in your game?

P.S.: "physical divided into categories" is also considered elements

No elemental weaknesses/resistances. However, magic users each oscillate between two opposing elements.

The ones that show up in the story are:

>Fire and Ice
>Light and Dark
>Life and Death

Exit Fate and Demon King Chronicle were pretty good.

discord.gg/CPvWzJK

let's do this boys

Thanks for the superior OP image

Wind
Fire
Water
Dick

So in my first week with RPG maker MV I have been building simple puzzles for 4 days. I have come to a stalemate where I don't know how to advance now. Some of the platforms in my map will appear and then disappear after 4 seconds.

If my character is on top of said platform, and it disappears beneath his feet, how do I make the player "die / lose / respawn"? What condition to I have to set up so that the game knows that: If player is on top of disappearing platform = die. I hope this is not an abuse of thread etiquette. I don't really know if I'm supposed to blog this hard on a thread like this

>discord.gg/CPvWzJK

Come on in to speak further on it.

Without knowing more, though, I'd suggest using a region tied to a common event (there's a plugin, I believe it's yanfly?).

Put the region tiles where the platforms are, and have it check when standing on this tile if the platform is present or not (I'm guessing you're using a switch? So check:

IF Platformdisappearswitch = ON, do die/lose/respawn bit

Else:
__

I think Yanfly's region ID event is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks, familia. I also joined Discord under the name Toolman

Have the resources from RPG Maker FES been ripped and posted?
Maybe I'll upload them if they haven't.

There's some pretty decent cheap ones if you go for a brand that's not Wacom (no specific recommendations, as the one I use was bought years ago and you could probably get better for cheaper)

Not sure, it would be nice if you could post them.

I really like Heroes of Legionwood, at least episode 1.
Apart from music, Skyborn is very decent and Helen's mysterious castle is a classic.

Yeah I've been thinking of checking out Huion. It's pretty nicely priced. But the wacom intuos tablets don't need batteries or a charge and that's pretty nice.

Iron and Wood.

Iron beats wood.

Tell me something about your MC's family.

He doesn't know who they are, not even I know yet. Maybe he was created artificially in a test tube. His foster parent is an old unmarried dude though who is very practical, but he loves the mc because without him he would be alone which is hard as an elderly person.

How hard would it be to code in a turn press system and "combination attacks" that eat multiple turn icons for stronger attacks?

Never tested it myself but
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40262-press-turn-battle-system/
Have fun hoying.

I need pictures
Pictures of your game

Replaced the RTP graphics in one of my older mucking about projects with some new graphics.

All I have is old concept art. Scrapped even, I might reuse some things from the designs but its all old and busted. Its not helping I work on a project for a month then toss it all away for the next idea. its all for the better

Oh my fuck that's gorgeous.

Yeah i asked in the first place because i'm not sure if i should put Wind in the game. I mean it's not like you can have much variety with it. Fusing Earth and Wind together in Nature seemed like a better idea IMHO.

Wind + Lightning into Air would work too.

not that guy
can this be used on MV too?

Speaking of hoying, is it possible to implement a skill like macca beam?

He doesn't have a family because he is a video game character

>The Stranger (not a placeholder, that's his final name)
>To bring some semblance of justice and virtue to the lawless West
>Not on my own, but I'm an indecisive poorfag and can't commission/hire a team

>Cathan, meaning battle with a diminutive suffix in Gaelic.
>Either give in to psychosis and gather thirty so rocks to revive a big snek goddess or become like the nihilistic king who tried before him kill her and nuke the planet.
>Never ever :'^)

The player will have to name her/him, there will be no default name.
It's his/her job, plain and simple.
Yes

This is a no-fly zone.

I'd shorten the knock-back distance, seems a bit extreme to me given the scale

Is it wrong to make a furry game?

Post your game over screens!

Song that plays:
soundcloud.com/user-666801173/theme-of-a-broken-child/s-3bjq6

No.

Probably just a placeholder

Shoulda programmed that into the twin towers senpai

Is there's a similar database for MV for items, weapons and such when you start a new project, like in Ace for example?

In the RPG Maker MV folder in steamapps, there's a directory called "NewData_FantasyEN" which appears to be a more compete database.

Nope, it doesn't have anything. Though I installed only MV itself. Maybe it's form some additional installers/resources?
Also would be nice to find the same in Japanese (I installed jp trial version too, but it had the same New Data folder with everything in English).

It could be DLC, I'm not sure which DLC I own (I think it came with some when I bought MV on humble bundle).

At least I know what to search now for a start. Thank you.

How furry we talkin'?

I've been digging through VX Ace to find a way to damage your gold, and I've yet to find one. Looks like you need a script to do that.

I'm still looking for one, and I'm looking for another one that boots to a game over if your gold hits zero. Fingers crossed!

Okay, made a list of 100 dungeonesque settings. Roll, and make a screen of whatever you end up with.

Rollan

I got 93, so here's a quick stab at a cathedral.

8 basic opposing elements. Opposed elements deal bonus damage to eachother
fire/ice
water/lightning
earth/air
light/dark

And unarmed attacks apply a "fist" element which is used as a joke against a hidden boss:
>HAHAHA, YOUR WEAPONS AND MAGIC DO NOTHING AGAINST ME!!!
>OH NO! FISTS! MY ONLY WEAKNESS!!!
nothing does any damage to him, unless you hit him with an unarmed attack, in which case he dies in one hit

>I cast fist

Haven't made ANY progress since before Christmas, work has been too hectic! But here's a screen of some WIP graphics. Redoing everything in my own style to give the game a more unique feel.

Slime Quest is not quite dead yet! I still have motivation! It's finding the time that's the problem

youtube.com/watch?v=Clp8dUWi6Mo

Music to dev by

Trying to balance classes for my game. There are eight, You have one character as each at the beginning of the game, and everybody's locked as that. Just as in any rpg, you're supposed to pick a party that fits your playstyle. I tried to make it so that you can have pretty much any combination be viable
>Paladin
dps, off-heal, off-tank (high evasion), access to select holy stuff, but mainly physical
>Priest
traditional white mage. Heals and later on gets holy magic. High magic defense but otherwise squishy
>Witch
traditional black mage. Deals high elemental magic damage, but is squishy
>Blackguard
dps, sacrifice hp for more damages. Gets some dark magic
>Martial
main tank, off-dps. Has some attacks that scale off maximum hp
>Engineer
I'm actually kinda proud of this one. He has a gun, and his mana is his ammo (6 by default, some guns give you some bonus mana). Attacking costs 1 ammo, and he has a reload command that restores all his ammo. Basic attack scales off speed, rather than atk. Can craft items for non-scaling, silence-proof heals, and can use elemental bullets for physical elemental damage.
>Tactition
kinda like a bard. Has stuff to inflict aoe status and buffs/debuffs. offense and defense are both half-decent
>Channeler
The one I'm most unsure of. You channel one spirit at a time, and gain a mess of buffs depending on who you channeled (channeling a water spirit gives you mana regen and water damage on-hit, while channeling a fire spirit gives you increased atk and fire damage on hit, etc). The issue is that they don't have much of anything to amp up atm. I'll probably toss them some entry level black magic. The idea is to be powerful and fill a lot of roles, but only one at a time and rather inefficiently

Making a game is scary.

watch with me Inuyasha instead

I spent the day watching Mob Psycho 100 already, though. If I watch any more anime, I can't make any progress at all!

kek.nevermind.

I might have an unpopular opinion.

Here it is:
I have a like-hate relationship with Echo607. I mean I get that she's helpful and makes videos(although not anymore it seems) but something about her annoys the shit out of me. I don't know if it's the fact that she tries way to hard to speak like she's an anime character or that she dose that at all.

But I think the thing that gets me the most is
that fucking leaf accent. Every anime dub has it and it grates my ear.

Also I made progress today!

No idea who that is senpai but I'm glad you made progress. What did you do? I'm working on skeletoning my game like that one yanfly comic.

She's a youtuber. if you search that name, you'll find her.

WELLLLLL I actually did that yanfly thing too a few hours ago. But I was developing my MC sprite sheet some more so that he doesn't look quite so crappy. He's coming along now.

doesn't matter, ez money

I am a different user and I too have done the skelletal part of the game, but then swiftly realized that my OCD will not allow me to work without proper art assets of my characters.

I am currently trying to sketch the character concept arts but it's like, still harrowing.

I know what you mean by assets. I have like a few floors, a few walls and literally two things on my B page. I managed though. Here's a demo of that Yanfly method I made.

Right now I'm kind of stuck as to what I need to do next. I have the "outline" if you want to call it that. But I'm not really sure where to expand from here. Art assets? More maps? Making items/weapons/armor?

>link to webm
a.uguu.se/fTEUzgY4tmAt_MONO_10.webm

If your whole game's skeletoned out, then all you really need to do is develop whatever you feel like and keep piling it on, right? Since you have the framework, your game's pretty much "made," you just have to finish it.

>it is up to you my protege
>fuck

I lost my shit at this.

I think it's because the method he mentioned is literally barebones,and is made so it's easier for us to focus on things that are actually important.

Since I really feel the need to get custom art online first, that's what I'll have to do before I can move to other parts.

I think the benefit is that if you do get burned out on one aspect, you can shift to a different aspect while still following the foundation.

Yeah I wanted to put a little humor in there. Might actually keep that in the final version.

I wonder if Yanfly will make another comic describing what he does after making the skeleton.

I guess I can see that. I mean, I do *technically* have a game now. I don't think I would have made this if I didn't have custom art. If I had used RTP I don't think I would have come up with my idea.

I fully agree with the voice

Thank you user.

Part of me wants
to kill her
and oddly enough
make her my cock rest

Good night, /rpgmg/.

I guess this depends, but seems good to me

It was supposed to be 183, not 184 user. (unless there was a thread in between, then you fucked up and didn't link that thread on the op.)

Not OP but there was a thread. It had about 20 posts in it but people didn't show up to post enough. I noticed it was around the time discord started being mentioned.

I think her voice and demeanour has improved a lot in the later videos. Try watching the moe cute girl pokemons series she had. It's bad.

How good is MV? I own VX Ace but dunno if it's worth shelling the money on MV tbqh.

Considering getting back into this.