thegearbox.org/catalog/item/3838217/3507991.htm
youtu.be/aZinr77GG00
youtube.com/watch?v=PXlcUmxMn94
bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.94811.shtml
bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.94675.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=AcoKyDS-Swo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for falcunt blew his transmission in less than a week

Technically it was pretty blown when I got it reverse doesn't so good.

Forward 6 gears are fine new diff next week

>wasting $5k paying a shop to manual swap your tired, clapped out LS1 falcodore
>you choose to put in a rooted t56
>still worth $2k at best

In a forward direction its gr8 tho
>worth 2k
and? What am i in the buiness of restoring cars lol im just pissing around having fun with it.

Cunt why not just part it out and put it in the trash cause its a shitbox

how do you blow reverse gear?

if its manual, just put it in reverse and then start the car

Clutch fucked too?

Didnt.

First day it was in mechanic told me reverse syncro was destroyed.

So i did some research and it turns out its a common issue with the stock shifter (Long throw) not engaging fully POSSIBLY but its only $200 for a good short shifter vs a whole new box/recond so ill start with that.
Brand new clutch but reused flywheel

does it grind when trying to put it in gear? you should be able to slot it in reverse with the car off, start the car (with the clutch pedal depressed obviously) and reverse as per normal.

If you cant put it in reverse when the car is off (you might have to rock the car back & forth) then investigate shifter.

i assume you've done all of this already but just in case

Yeah me and the mechanic tried everything EXCEPT the shifter level itself (didnt have a short shifter because didnt think i'd need one)

Yeah it goes into reverse when the cars off (begrudgingly) it feels like a linkage issue or something because when the car is started it wont engage reverse (clutch on) fully and when i looked online apparently its easier to just pull the box out and redo it if a short shifter doesnt help engagement

so you bought this box without a thought of checking the condition of it first?
God you're a fucking idiot.

it came from interstate you fucking mong what am i meant to do?

Oh i know ill fly down to Melb next time just to look at a gearbox.

>waaa just go to the local wreckers
nah as ive said all ex-skid shit

Fuck m8 thats bullshit, i'd fly to melbs and throw the gearbox through the sellers front window.

Can you swap another stock T56 shifter onto it? If that doesn't fix then yeah box out, not fun but not the worst job in the world

>Falcunt already fucked it

>First day it was in mechanic told me reverse syncro was destroyed.
>reverse
>synchro

how much do you shiners reckon it'll cost for a gearbox refurbish
1st gear synchro is molested

Well its got 2.5 months warranty left im gonna call them tomorrow im just fucking over it and the mechanic said he'll back me stating exactly whats wrong (reverse syncro fucked)

thegearbox.org/catalog/item/3838217/3507991.htm
Wow i can use google

Can you?

PRE FACKED

all forward gears are fine

>PRE FACKED
So you bought an el-cheapo used tranny.

Fuck's sake, Fatcunt. Did you not inspect the thing?

I had the mechanic do it and we didnt pick it up till it was IN the damn car.

Dunno what else we could have done since it had to be in a car to test.

Its HPW out of Smellbourne so if they chuck the shits maybe some of you lovely anons can go take a shit on the owners lawn.

Gonna look at the Reverse lockout but i think mines working because it doesnt lock me out

What is this nigga doing?

youtu.be/aZinr77GG00

yeah but, if i had a stroked out 460 in a sweet bronco in good condition. 32k seems almost reasonable, if you were selling it

Changed my oil today. Do I have to go easy on the engine and let it get used to the new oil or can I go hektik immediately?

What engine milage and oil?

Yes go nuts

250k kms and 20w50

Yikes bit thick what engine?

Because that won't amuse me or Veeky Forums enough.

Gonna take the wreckers to the goddamn ombudsman

Whats the point of getting an LSD such a KAAZ or other clutch type LSDs when you can just get a spool or weld the diff?
Even for a daily, wouldn't an LSD that locks up be the same as a welded diff?

depends on what you want to do, i guess.

Wouldn't having a locked diff cause axle twisting and tyre skipping ?

Parking and tight turnaround circles would suck a cock and chew through tyres
He should just get a recond lsd

Want to drift. Would a clutch type LSD chew through tyres and cause stress on the axles like a welded diff or not?

Wouldn't get a reconditioned diff because they go open after you skid them too much.

If you want to drift, why are you worrying about hurting your car?

Because it's my only car and it's my daily. I don't want to hurt the car if I don't have to.

Then don't drift it.

You're gonna bin it into a wall sooner or later so but a track only beater and learn in that.

I want to learn how to drift on the track first anyway so I'm hoping I'll get good enough where I won't wrap the car around a pole.

I'll definitely get a track car one day but I don't have the funds atm for a trailer, car etc.

What the other guy said, buy a cheap commocon and put a spool in that, perfect cheap first derpy

who /eshay/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=PXlcUmxMn94

Clutch LSD a shit get a real locker

Feel like chucking in a short shifter but this box is junk.

Surely the floppy stock shifter wouldn't cause reverse to grind and jump out?

Will keep o updated

my daily car is a cheap commo haha. It's clean but it's pretty easy to get the back end out. With this open diff it's pretty scary and unpredictable though. I was thinking a trutrack but they aren't good for drifting is what I've read.

I heard this was just as good as a locker since it will fully lock up?

Pic related is the commo

ffs

V6 doesn't have much torque for skids.

That said put a mini spool and 4.11 in it and eventually LS swap

it's manual, I plan to do rockers cos they're cheap and will apparently net me an extra 20-25kw at the fly.
For gears I was gonna go 3.9 as it's only a 5 speed. So you reckon a spool over a proper LSD?

Don't bother with those shit V6.

For your budget I reckon mini spool + 4.11 + short shifter and fuck it into the road.

What's the rest of it? Engine stock ? Exhaust cai or

Does this shit actually work?

The 6 $1.40 multi thing?

can someone change it to falcunt breaking his new gearbox immediately or soemnthing?

>45c today with northwesterly winds

Aside from tassie where's the next most coldest place to move to in Australia?

Sucks too because forward gears never skipped a beat

T. Actual falcunt

Meh wish me luck lol I haven't had any since 2012

go but a thin oil in an old/high km oil and enjoy

6 and 7 are cool and more advanced but having something like the 3 where it's 1160kg and same engine compared to the heavier newer models. undecided if the tradeoff for AYC and more rigid chassis is worth extra weight.

yeah 280 hp or some shit wasnt it agreed upon?

ACT and Vic.

Tas
Melb (winter)
NSW Mountains

Spool is real predictable once it starts sliding.
Can be a pain till it lets go.
Lived with one for a while. Just keep skinny wheels on and you shouldnt bend your axles

Sooooooooooo

My reverse is still picky but not bad enough that its entirely unusable.

Gonna sit on it for a while and keep driving.

box is a bit notchy and shit in forward gears but feels pretty stronk otherwise.

Will report back when i get a short shift kit

>accidentally drifted with my fwd shitbox corolla
Wtf /dat/
I have been told I cant drift with fwd but it just happened and it just had to happen in a busy intersection while I was turning right
Ofcourse I dont have ABS so when I smashed the brakes I was attracting even more attention with the tires sound.
>tfw tried to drift on purpose but cant repeat it when I do it on purpose
How did I do it?

A KAAZ or equivalent 2-way is better than a locker as it dampens the shock loads on half shafts which means you won't snap them nearly as quickly.
It also means that in carparks and such you won't be chirping wheels unless its stupidly tight.

Well worth the money if you have it.

South of Adelaide it stays pretty cool, its 36 deg here in the city now but its only 20 down south

Is it one of you retarded losers from coffs harbour who owns the white magna with "noot noot" on the boot lid

engine's stock, I have extractors and catback, and a short shifter.
Thing is I can stretch out the budget, and if I do i'll take the LSD off and use it on an SS once I'm off Ps.

Yeh that's what I keep hearing, spools and kaaz LSDs are really predictable unlike helical gear type LSDs.
I've got a set of fat 9.5 wheels that will be going on the car eventually.

yeh I do have the money. when parking or doing tight turns I can just clutch in so that it open up?
Do you think a 2way would be alright for a daily though?

Down south here. Can confirm you're talking out of your ass, it's 31 here.

Don't blindly bet on favourites, but yeah. Multi's are great if you know what you're doing and want a bigger payout.

Punting pages like Bloke's advice punting group are top for this.

inertia or wet?

well this meme lasted a good 3 days before people completely misunderstand it and ruin it as usual.

It should be something like.

>you can't lose money on a bet if you don't make a bet

Go and learn how differentials work. It'll answer all of your questions. Really interesting too.

>Down south here. Can confirm you're talking out of your ass, it's 31 here.
That's the hottest it's been all day in Goolwa.

look
bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.94811.shtml
bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.94675.shtml
in Parawa it felt like 15 deg at 3 pm
in Adelaide it felt like 40 deg at 3 pm

Check this shit Veeky Forumsut

youtube.com/watch?v=AcoKyDS-Swo

Pedal also shit it self so heel toe is impossible but downshifts blip are almost doable

Any suggestions to bring the accelerator pedal forward towards me?

tape a block of wood the to the pedal

nah its where it connects to the cable the spacer wasnt big enough and the goddamn pedal mount is bent gonna be fucking unfucking this all afternoon

torque steer you retard

Use skinnier.
The bigger wheels get more grip and put more stress on axles and the diff

>tfw no USDM-tyte Monaro

I have to admit it wears the hood scoops better than ours did. How much do you reckon it would cost for a Pontiac GTO front end and replica bits for the rest?

gday,

im a p plater who has been saving for years to be able to drive an import/turbo car. i decided on a GTiR, finding a nice one is hard enough. insurance is fucking impossible. ive called up RACT who said no for under 25s with turbo, AAMI wanted 18k A YEAR with a 4k excess and valued the car at 5000. then they wanted 5 grand for third party insurance. RACT implied they wouldnt insure me for 3rd party also

i dont understand how i see so many p platers driving imports and turbo cars. now that just car is shut down i feel there really isnt an option but to wait until im 25, good cond GTiRs are hard to find now, imagine in 7-8 years time.

i find it a bit hypocritial where they have no problem me driving a 2017 commodore which makes more power than most 90s jap cars but imports that make less power are considered 'high peformance'

any advice on insurers would be extremley helpful

ACT seems pretty decent for cool weather, but then you'd have to live in the ACT.

Even some parts of the hills, you'd swear you're living in England some days.

Bloke at work wants to swap me his AU wagon for my shitbox Mirage. AU has around 370k on the clock but I'll only need it for a work car and taking the boat out until the VT gets fixed. Gonna inspect it tomorrow. Yay or nay?

Just dont insure if thats the big issue, or leave it in the shed

Holy shit are you fucking retarded.

have you really ruined ANOTHER gearbox?

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK HOW CAN YOU BE THIS STUPID

>AU

If it's an automatic walk away. Your abused P's shitbox is redeemable, but an automatic AU is a potential grenade waiting to blow up and kill your wallet.

Get a commo or falcon to drive and buy your import to wank over it while it sits in the shed as you wait.

Or get an registered NA car and do an aftermarket turbo system then drive till it gets defected or you lose your licence.

It's auto and to be honest the Mirage is a walking timebomb/cop magnet as well. Only needs to last a few months till I get the other car fixed and I'll flog it off for $300 to some block owner who wants a bush basher for their kid.

That and I'm so god damned sick of seeing the boat sit in the backyard with all this nice weather and no way to tow it to the river.

well firslty thats illegal, secondly if i crash into a merc im not paying out 50k
thats not a bad idea actually,

i dont think you even lose points or lose your license in tas, according to my mates who have been defected

i think the insurance fucked me because its a rare import

Personally I reckon the Pontiac GTO is the worst version of the Monaro. For me nothing beats the original VT based concept

Drive uninsured or don't drive a grey import.

Go and see how Shannons treats you. Try and convince the cunts that you're a "90s Jap shitbox aficionado" and not a speedboi that wants to go fast. I'm pretty sure evidence of membership in clubs and shit counts for something with them too.

Granted they also cater to boomers too, so they might be just as wallet-rape happy. But there's at least a chance of negotiation there.

Fair point, both seem to be total shitheaps. You can gamble on the AU if you're jonesing to cruise about on the boat.

I've never had an accident that was my fault into over 10yrs of driving, not to say it wont happen.
But being careful makes a difference.
Well just be a poor cunt and get fire and theft only

fire and theft was 5k for a 5k car with 3k excess
im appplying for a cams license and i dont drive like a fuckhead either so yeah ill give that a shot

>well firslty thats illegal
No it isn't. You only legally have to have CTP which is included in your registration. It's perfectly legal to drive without third party or comprehensive insurance, it's just not the smartest thing you can do.

my bad, forgot about the CTP shit,

Literally the only reason I want it, fishing buddy just had another kid so he's too busy these days.

Follow your dreams my good dude.

I just need it to last till the 19th of March when I take out the major Prize in the Pirtek 2017 National fishing comp mate.

I fucking wish.

>Wondered why car was slow
>turns out throttle cable WAAAAAAAY too long because it was for a different car with different pedals
>Also found my Accelerator pedal was fucked and only going about 3/4 opening the TB and didnt WOT
>Fixed
>suddenly 180km/h+ in 3rd gear
Next week better gearbox and hopefully unfucked diff as well

Stupid holden accelerator pedal mount/brackets made out of tissue paper for fucking crash regulations

Your reading comprehension is retarded

>i get box
>mechanic says box reverse syncro is fucked
>i drive for 3 days
>also concur reverse syncro is FUCKED
>???
Its getting replaced under warranty for free i aint even mad

May fortune smile upon AU.

I've done a bit of research and learnt how a 2 way works but they don't really go into detail about using it on a daily.

speaking of diffs my LSD is utterly fucked its basically a open pegger now.

Should i get a low k 3.47 diff out of a newer maloo for $500 ?