Greatest muscle car thread

What is the greatest muscle car and why is it the 1968 Dodge Charger 440 RT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

without considering Corvettes the Hurst Olds is the best all around classic muscle car with pretty much no competition

Hurst did make some mean cars, too bad their brand sold like fossilized dogshit.

they actually got a shit ton of orders but the production was limited

Looks like boomer that to me.

That's not the 1969 Dodge Cornet Superbee 440 Sixpack as Chrysler's greatest car.

MUH HEMI CUDA

>nobody posted this

Think again.
Its an icon for a reason

2000s Mustangs are pretty good as well. After 2010 they turned to shit though. 2015 is too wide and looks like a ricer more than a muscle car.

>big block
confirmed for shit taste.
The best muscle car was the Dodge Demon with the 340 small block.

>After 2010
You mean after 2004. The fifth gen was retrocheesy microwaved barf.

So sad.

To think of this car, rolling out of the factory, the epitome of hope and optimism, racing, youngmens idealistic dreams. All revolved around this simple machine at one point.

Now it sits here, a testament to mans inhumanity to machines.

mustangs are like the only car that every girl knows.

>Secretary cars
>muscle

friendly reminder mustangs and camaros aren't muscle cars

Jeep Wrangler

Why do girls know mustangs? Because theyre a type of pony?

they were marketed towards women since 1964 and heavily marketed in general
they sold millions upon millions of them making them ubiquitous every year since 1964

>Think again. It's a meme for a reason.

FTFY

Because the daddies that they wanna make so proud like it, so if they can relate to him even a little bit then they'll fall in line right after him.

I've always really liked the GM a-body cars from 68-72 and Chrysler e-bodies from 70-74. Nice mid-sized cars with clean flowing lines.

Because mustang is a gril car. GT stands for girl toy.

>360 hp SAE gross rating, but somehow dyno tests reliably showed the same 360 hp SAE net, meaning it made more like 470 hp SAE gross
>510 lbft torque rating took until 2003 and the Dodge Viper to be exceeded in an American performance car, at the time only exceeded by Cadillac's lazy aircraft carriers
>stripes and scoops and spoilers for extra fast
Come on baby, light my fire.

yeah no way they made that much

Also for limited production models, the Pontiac Tempest 421 Super Duty in 1963, the last year before GM's factory racing ban. Whipped the competition at the drag strip AND drove circles around Jaguars, Ferraris and even Mystery 427 powered Corvettes in Daytona.

Your pic isn't a 6 pack car.

>shit taste
>spouts mopar trash...

Fucksake

come on guys

Oh we gonna talk muscle cars?

second gens are the king

>tfw no functional shaker scoop after 76

There were so many great muscle cars, it is impossible to pick a winner.

>responds with donk trash
and you have even shittier taste.

>Hurr Durr the hood open scoop

Who cares, all 440's are two 3bbl carbs. that is what the indent in the hood its for

Sorry friend, that was an easy mistake to make, but it's ACTUALLY the 1969 Dodge Charger RT with a 426 Hemi.
>picture very much fucking related

It's an icon because they let chicks drive and they don't know the difference so they buy the car with the pretty horsey on the front.

My grandma owned a hemi cuda but my uncle crashed it in 96

I'm going to hear nothing but shit for this.

But it's my favorite, and if I was only allowed one vintage muscle car, this would be it. Now start hating.

What? No they aren't. They came out with a single 4 barrel of they weren't optioned as a 6 pack

I like it too
>popup headlights are better though

69 Super Bee is my favorite too.

>Doesn't go
>Doesn't stop
>Doesn't turn
>Aggressive
>Limited run for Boomers to overcharge
My vote goes for the '70 Super Bee with the 440.

>1970 was the best looking year of the Cutlass/442
>there was no H/O that single year
FUCKING WHY
WHY

Still the best, though. That gold over white does things to my dick that no other A-body can do, much less any of the Mopar coke-bottle behemoths or the Ford half-fastbacks.

firefrost gold is pure boner fuel
>1970 was the best looking year of the Cutlass/442
I personally like the 69 but why do you like the 70?
legit question on your prefrence

should also say I'm not the same user who posted the H/O

I dunno, something about that one year just does it for me, especially the front compared to the earlier straight-grille models. The way it keeps the split grille but drops it down below the headlights just enough to make it look like the whole car is sneering at you, while keeping the straight line across the top of the headlights and grille unlike the '71 which raised the grille above the lights to make it a fully separate thing.

does Veeky Forums like the coke bottle roadrunners?
they touch me in a special way

Also, the quad taillights are sex, as long as it's a Cutlass/442. Not too fond of the notchback styling and pointy quarter panels of the Cutlass Supreme.

didn't only the 442 have the straight grill that year? I think the reg cutlass was some crisscross ugly
the tail lights are a toss up for me on the 69 and 70, i like em both for different reasons
and cutlass supreme is aids unless it is a convertible which then only looks good with the top down
Only thing I don't like on the 70 is the inner headlight looks weirdly placed but is probably the same as the 69

>didn't only the 442 have the straight grill that year? I think the reg cutlass was some crisscross ugly
Only the 442 had the vertical bars, yeah, but the standard Cutlass/Cutlass S/etc still had the housing that stepped down under the headlights. Compare it to the '69 which is flush with the lights all the way across.

what if you transplanted the 442 grille into a reg cutlass?
seems blasphemous but cheaper

It bothers me that the boomers got to have these cars.

>Get shitty minimum wage job in high school
>Work at that job for a year or so
>Save up the money
>Can now buy almost any muscle car

Then you'd have an el cheapo 442 clone (assuming you also replaced the Rocket or S badge with 442), which is what everyone apparently does anyway because they want their 350-powered Cutlass to be a "real" 455-powered 442 W-30 with the badges and all.

Then they forget simple shit like the red inner fenders and want $8000000 for their boomerbox.

>you will never have a real 442
it hurts just a bit

>tfw all the physicians in the world can't fix you up like what the Good Doctor had to prescribe

now I'm seriously bummed out

Not just boomers

My dad spent most of the 80's doing odd jobs and working on cars. He had two different 69 GTOs, would go to drag races and stuff

He started working when he was 15 for the sole purpose of buying a car

If you tried that now the best you could do would be a riced civic or miat

>muscle car thread
>people posting pony cars

it must have giant engine and few doors yes ?
also fantastic looks
>here is the power plaint I would choose

and this sort of body
even if it is a bit too small

youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8

>hhhnnnggggggg

351 cleveland master race reporting in

thats not how it worked

maybe in the 70s when gas was expensive and noone wanted these used and abused cars anymore

Sexiest Muscle car

>Dart
>Muscle car
Pick one.

>440
>Better than a Hemi
Objectively in stock form, maybe, but subjectively (and objectively in modified form), the 426 ruled Mopar's muscle in the late 60's.

yeah when it wasnt falling out of tune every week

426 was the better race engine
440 was the better street engine

>posting ponycars in a musclecar thread

>
>Corvette
>Muscle car
Pick one.

>Falling out of tune
What? The carbs were fine if you knew how to tune them (and many people knew how to), and the 440 had similar problems.

The 426 won races, heart and minds. All the 440 got was the street, and a painful, slow death in the malaise era.

yeah the 426 just straight up died

only reason it got heart and mind was aggressive marketing its a celebrity engine thats not that good for the real world

>ameribetic fat

Posting some real muscle ITT

>yeah the 426 just straight up died
It's still alive in Top Fuel, and being sold through Mopar. It's infinitely more popular in the aftermarket, and on the strip.

>its a celebrity engine thats not that good for the real world
In stock form maybe, but any modified uncorked street Hemi would wipe a similarly prepped 440's ass - nevermind the disparity in modern aftermarket.

so good it has to be modified to compete