Aut/o/mation

So I just downloaded this game, jumping right at the campaign now

post your shit and benchrace as you please while we are at it

r8 my first car Veeky Forums

it will absolutely rape the competition in the city and commuter market

and this is the beast powering it

Just about to go to sleep but this actually looks a decent game.

it is, actually, but looks like the devs are taking their time to finish it.

The game mostly comes down to moving sliders until you please whatever demographic you are trying to please or to reach whatever stat is in your objectives, but the overall experience is fun, there is a lot to thinker with and it gives you a bit of freedom to choose how you plan on reaching your objectives.

r8 my second car ever

gonna pierce through the family market and get some of that sweet premium dosh with the premium variant

If you want a car company game, get GearCity. It's better than automation will ever be as a tycoon.

If you want to design cars and engines, buy CAD, learn to model clay and cast your own metal.

It'll be fucking quicker than waiting for these dickheads.

>If you want to design cars and engines, buy CAD, learn to model clay and cast your own metal.

Yeah that totally takes the same amount of effort as moving sliders and dragging parts in a game

Is this game worth 30$ ?

Not at the moment.

I would say no, but with the addition of a career mode it gives you a lot more to do than just playing with engines in sandbox.
It's barely worth it imo

I got mine for 20.

I've spent 300 hours just making cars. It's very well worth it IMO. Once you know how to style well you can do a surprising amount.

Anyone here have or know where I can find a manual for this game? I already saw the tutorials of course, but there are a few things I don't understand, mainly about a bunch of stats.

I found a slightly outdated manual on the forums, but it was written by a user and was more of a walkthrough for your first engine.

Is there anything official or at least an explanation of what each stat means?

What do you want to know?

you know, Solidworks is just as easy as these games. you can design cool shit and develop a marketable skill at the same time.

Production units, for example, I really don't understand what it means, how it's related to production (is it a multiplier of something?) And if a low number is better or worse than a high number.

Also engineering time is pretty self explanatory, but I don't have a way to tell when a value is too much and what to aim for, given a specific segment.

In general, stats that are related to the engineering and production of a car/engine are quite cryptic and I'd like to know what they mean

Production units is how much effort it takes to build a car. Basically how much labor and tech it takes to produce a single unit. A low number is good for lower prices, but high quality shit will cause them to increase.

IMO controlling PU is the most important, so I tend to not use much sliders.

Engineering time is a bit iffy but I think as long as it's not too ridiculous it should be fine.

It's that I don't even know what is considered ridiculous to be honest.

I'm mostly building cheap, low quality cars right now so my stats are probably in a good place, I still have no idea what to aim for for the moment I decide to build more quality stuff.

Also when you build chassis it gives you the corrosion stat, does it indicate the corrosion resistance (so higher=better) or the likelihood of corrosion?
The colour of the stat makes me think it's the latter, but it's still not very clear

Most modern cars are in the 90 to 150 range if you don't quality spam. Hypercars are about 300+, again if you aren't a +15 spammer.

With engines 100 is a good mark to keep under.

Post something you niggers, I need inspiration

It's also several thousand pounds.