The 2018 Ford Expedition is Out!

Ford has re-introduced the F-150 based Expedition for the year 2018.

Significant changes:
>overall design change
>addition of wheelbase by 4 inches
>lost 300 pounds
>all-new 3.5L EcoBoost engine mated to a10-speed automatic transmission
>lots of new tech features (listed on the next post.)

In addition, Expedition offers available new connectivity technologies and convenience features, including:

>Wireless charging; Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front center console
>Wi-Fi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices at once, up to 50 feet away from the vehicle
>Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their home cable programming on either of two video screens or hand-held devices
>SYNC® 3, with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, allows drivers to stay connected on the move
>SYNC Connect lets owners connect with the vehicle remotely using FordPass® to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from anywhere, while also allowing access to important vehicle diagnostic information
>Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 110-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected
>12-speaker B&O PLAY premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate
>Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customized to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo won’t roll out the back of Expedition when the liftgate is opened
>Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor

--
Ford Press Release

My opinion but I'm seeing a bit of Chevy Tahoe vibes here and there. Especially at the sides of the SUV.

It's a Ford. And ugly.

Yeah I'm too not the fan of the new looks.

The current gen Expedition.

>current gen rear view

Honest question that's probably going to sound facetious:

Why does anybody need a passenger car that big?

soccer moms hauling 8 kids

>black family meme strikes again
trash

cheaper than buying both a crossover and truck for the yearly family trip in the eyes of most buyers.

looks like a nigger mobile and escalade clone

Does your coupe seat 8 people???

The most important thing for a modern day US family car is that if you crash with another car, it is preferable that they die and you and your loved ones survives as unhurt as possible.
To meet this criteria, it is important for the car to be as big and heavy.

This is also the only reason why SUVs ever became a thing.

Current gen looks so much better.

Because they're the only thing that fit my whole family growing up. Nothing other than a fullsize SUV would fit 6 people, the dog, and all our luggage.

I hate this new GIVE IT ALL THE GEARS YOU CAN FIT meme. Seven gears sounded ridiculous when they were first introduced in cars, now we're at TEN.

In the US there's a motor vehicle for every 1.25 people. Why the fuck does everyone pretend like they constantly have to haul half their family tree around?

>10 speed auto

What's up with this? Are you just constantly changing gears?

Better that then a CVT

American children are really fat.

A chevy astro would've fit everything.

Same, it looks pretty ugly to me, I liked the looks of the old Expedition a lot more.

Because when the family goes out they'd rather take 1 vehicle than 3 or 4.

My current pickup truck has a 6 speed auto and it feels like it's constantly changing gears compared to my old pickup truck that had a 4 speed auto. I can't imagine driving something with a 10 speed auto.

Seems like yes.

>Ford Transit Connect wagon LWB
>shorter and narrower than a Camry or a Fusion
>just as heavy/light (depending on your definition)
>7 seats
>waaay better handling than any 7 seater on the market
>plenty of space
>under 25k at the dealership if you don't want all the options (I bought mine fully loaded for 28)
>easily 28mpg on the highway

>European styling
>ugly AF
>'murickans will never buy

An Expedition EL fit more. And it was still kinda cramped when we went on long trips.

Not saying it's the only thing that works, but there actually are people that need and can make use of something this big.

>15 beverage holders

Does this thing have 2 alternators and 2 batteries? Damn

>still won't come close to tahoe sales
>even the suburban outsells
>not even talking about GMC or Caddy

You tried ford. Stick with the Explorer

Hell, starting MSRP for a new Expedition in the lowest trim package available is almost $50k, it's fucking ridiculous.

Same with the tahoe and the sell like fucking hot cakes.
Ill just buy a used SUV at that points. Its fucking nuts how much they cost now

Cheapest XL expedition right now.

Nah, base XLT is showing around $47k on Ford's website and the XLT EL is around $50k. Still way too fucking expensive IMO.

>Ill just buy a used SUV at that points.

No joke, the things depreciate like a damn rock. I was looking at some used 4wd Expeditions in the $7k-$10k pricerange recently and was really surprised at the number of fairly new (less than 10 years old) and low mileage (75k-100k miles) loaded 4wd Expeditions were available in my area. Base model 2wd pickup trucks in work truck trim cost significantly more than those Expeditions at the same year model and mileage.

Oh, they dont have the XLT EL in Cucknada

Well they don't have a XL trim option at all in America, they're all XLT trim or higher with power everything.

All of the full size crossover or SUV vehicles in this size category from American or Japanese manufacturers are start at $45,000-50,000. It's the price they command for this category of vehicle.

In what world do you guys live in where this is not normal for a new, full size truck?

Get real.

2017 F-150 SuperCrew with 6.5' bed, XLT trim, and 5.0L engine starts out at $39.5k

2017 Expedition with XLT package and 3.5L ecoboost V6 starts out at $47k. There's not even a V8 option on them.

The F150 with the ecoboost V6 is a little over $40k, still $7k cheaper than the similarly equipped Expedition and the F150 will hold its value better than the Expedition, in my area at least.

Should the manufacturer not put a mark up on the vehicle after adding amenities, refinement and hopefully luxury appointments?

You can't simply compare a pick up with a full size truck just because they are on the same platform.

Should the A4 be the same price as the $82,000+ A8, both based on the same platform?

>Advanced cargo manager
that sounds pretty interesting

Will this gen also be based off a truck chassis?

Same trim package, engine, options, and amenities.

Expedition has an extra row of seats and small storage area in back while F-150 has a pickup bed.

Expedition is $7k more than the F-150.

I drove a friends A6 TDI which has a 7 speed gearbox, and took it on the motorway for a bit. I was going anywhere from 60 to 100 and even with a fairly reasonable amount of throttle it wouldn't change down.
It was fine when driving around town but there wasn't much start-stop going on so I don't know how a 10 speed would be

You're using your logic. However, the market does and will support this premium unfortunately. The market doesn't run on your logic. People will and are paying that price, otherwise we would not have these monstrosities driving around.

Most of the time, the end result is more than the sum of its parts.

>I drove a friends A6 TDI which has a 7 speed gearbox, and took it on the motorway for a bit. I was going anywhere from 60 to 100 and even with a fairly reasonable amount of throttle it wouldn't change down.
>TDI

You were driving a TDI.

>I drove a friends A6 TDI

>driving an overpriced VW

Well, yeah I know that's what the new market supports at this point in time. I just think it's funny that after 5-10 years, in the used market, pickup trucks that cost 20%-30% less than those SUVs when new now command a significantly higher price than those same SUVs.

I really don't like SUVs

This is like that kid that copies your homework and only changes like three words. Literally a Ford Tahoe.

From my own personal experience in New England, either Soccer moms (Distinguishable by absolutely no fading, rust or dirt on their car at all), Construction workers infact my dad bought 6 of these damn things since 1993 (Distinguishable by the many dents and cement caked on the back bumper) or the random hillbilly who needs to offroad like an absolute madman whilst taking all 12 kids to school (Distinguishable by the dents rust and dirt covering the entire vehicle)