Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5994827084.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fiero with a body kit

some sort of weird stratus

mjet diesel puntos

Mustang's

How did shitbox cars get popular?

I thought they really only picked the AE86 for the anime is because its a car you'd see a cheap tofu deliverer use. It's like the Delorean, except the Delorean actually looks good and has more HP. AE86 has the looks of a grandma car or a cheap slav car you'd see in an Eastern Europe country.

AE86 would shit all over a DeLorean + they don't look good

The AE86 was a popular choice for street racers and drifters back then, because it was common and handled decently.

Shitboxes are popular on Veeky Forums because that's all most people can afford here, the Miata because it's RWD and the Twingo because it's cute.

>being this retarded

THey picked AE86 because its an actual drift car

>Delorean has 170 HP
>AE86 has 87 in SR5/DX and 112 in GT-S

hmm..

>Shitboxes are popular on Veeky Forums because that's all most people can afford here

hit me hard :(

Owning a shitbox doesn't mean you can't have fun with it though. And hell, if something breaks it'll be dirt cheap to fix.

It does mean you'll probably stay a virgin if you have nothing but it going for you though.

A stock DeLorean has 130 HP; however, a better exhaust, carburetor swap, and distributor upgrade gets it to about 200 HP.

With a few mods to the suspension, they actually handle really well.

Aren't they pretty cheap too?

Cars don't get you girls, shitbox or not.

Not the girls you want, anyway.

holy kekito my dude-ito you are stupidito

Hahahaha, no. They're overpriced for what they are. Buy a V6 Fiero instead; you get a similar experience across the board.

>m-muh back to the future car
>pretty cheap

pick one, the cheapest you'll find one in good condition is around $20k, most people want closer to $30k for theirs because they "know what they got".

lol but cars don't get you girls

>thinking grills care about what car you drive as long as its clean and new

$20k gets you a PROJECT. I posted an ad with the following text:

>Ran when parked... I know what I got... When running, runs like a raped ape... A true classic... Cash talks, BS walks... American muscle... Better than the GTR... Not jap crap... True muscle... Must see to appreciate... A real investment... No test drives... Contact me between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM every other Thursday... Just needs $5k to be a $30k car.... Double your money...

I got an offer for $18k with pic related as the only shot of the interior.

lel, holy shit that's nuts

>deluded virgins

Women are attracted to wealth. If they see you with a shitbox they'll think you're worthless and not worth sleeping with. Now if you drive in with a Ferrari or even a Camaro, it doesn't matter if you look like a Bogdanoff twin, you will get attention.

They don't care about brand and shit but they do care about how expensive it looks.

It was more of a rally car

Yeah, golddiggers are attracted to wealth. You know, the type you want to avoid.

top kek.

Can you post the ad?

>wanting a relationship

I just want to get my dick sucked, lad.

>getting your dick sucked by a whore that probably has a dozen STDs
No thanks

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5994827084.html

Lad the Delorean is a sports car, not a muscle car. It was also made in Northern Ireland (UK).

Yes but can you drift one to Eurobeat?

lad

You could drift a delorean to eurobeat, but eurobeat is a shitty meme like vape wave

>implying anything in the ad is serious.

Does anyone have that picture where le angry ute has a catfish-camaro in its mouth?

kek

Do you actually own the car though? MAGA sticker and license plate made me think. Looks too smooth to be shopped.

Who the fuck put that ugly fucking wing on there. It looks like a fucking running shoe, fuck me. Disgusting.

I literally combined all the memorable boomer lines I have ran across into a single ad; the GTR line is a nod to Veeky Forums.

Yes, that is my car.

Do you use it as a daily driver or is it as damaged as the pictures show?

>Who the fuck put that ugly fucking wing on there
Toyota

Its the factory aero kit.

>delorean has more hp

116 HP vs 130 HP.
Like it or not, the DeLorean does make more power.

It's drivable; though, those pictures are months old from when I disassembled the interior to put in the new dash.

>Dat power gap
With such a small power difference, it must depend on how the power is used. Sometimes, having more power isn't enough. The DeLorean is heavier and probably isn't as well-made.

Although, I do believe that the DeLorean can beat the Toyota.

Daily driver or no? Most Deloreans I know just sit around as museum pieces and aren't driven.

Well the thing going for shitbox cars like the AE86 is that they're reliable. That and them being cheap is the only thing going for them.

At upper ends, and 86 weighs 2,400 lbs.

A DeLorean weighs 2,700 lbs. Not a heck of a lot of difference.

Once I'm done fixing it, it'll be a daily driver. I've restored a few of them and used one as a daily driver in non-winter months for 3 years.

if 2400 and 2700 with 115hp and 130hp respectively isn't a difference, why does the MR2 shit all over the fiero?

>Once I'm done fixing it, it'll be a daily driver.
What are your thoughts about the memers putting back to the future props on their ones?

All Audis

overpriced shitty VW's

I never said it wasn't a difference, only that it's not substantial.

I hate those people; it adds hundreds of unnecessary pounds to the weight; increases wear on every suspension and steering component, and makes the car struggle to be able to go 80. I'm a pariah in the DeLorean community because I call them senseless downgrades and have asked people why they would intentionally handicap a car by adding more weight to the rear; worsening the already unfavorable bias.

Not to mention since its (obviously) non-functional, it just kinda looks tacky.

What are the cheapest cars from initial d

civic

Speaking of memes, the DeLorean shows up a few times in Initial D. Mostly as a background car but I think it was shown among the racing cars once or twice.

Some idiots actually think it looks better that way...

Bevause it was an incredibly popular choice for grassroots motorsports in the 80s and 90s
Had a massive racing heritage from the 80s also

>neighbor has an AE86

I want to ask the owner if it's for sale or trade. It's never moved since I moved in to the area, and it's not even parked in the part of his driveway with gravel on it. Just sitting there in the grass waiting for someone to love it like I will...

>just needs $5k to be a $30k car

kek

That might be true.

Outside of the context of the movie, the wires sticking out just looks weird. Not to mention like you said all the wasted space on the back.

Never mind the wasted space; the thing was designed to look crude; so it's a lot of junk screwed in at random. The prop shop was next to an aircraft junkyard, too, so a lot of the parts are rare and expensive to find.

I know of idiots who have spent over $45k to have a replica made, but that's far from the stupidest part.

The "correct" way to do it involves removing the rear glass; causing water to drain into the fusebox every time they did that "ice" effect. The car was so inoperable that they reworked the second and third films to avoid actually driving it.

Yeah, the way I see it if you're gonna put that shit on it better be a museum piece or an actual time machine, not a regular car to drive.

Can someone define what a meme car is???

A car that isn't outright terrible, but has an overinflated value; as opposed to its contemporaries, due to a role it played in some form of media.