MR2 General - /mr2g/

Introducing the hottest new meme general on the block.

>mr2 pics vids
>mr2 feelarinos
>le snap oversteer mee mees

FAQ:
>can I fit?
6'3" and moderate weight you should be fine

>will it kill me?
RESPECT THE CONTENT and it won't.

>how is it in rain/snow
requires brass balls to drive in the limit under slop conditions

>what should I look for when buying one
Look for rust on the wheel arches and the side panels

Other urls found in this thread:

tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Sport Edition&wheelModel=A10&wheelFinish=Titanium Gunmetal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I kinda want this to be a general mainly because Veeky Forums is always the same faggots that post there cars and circle jerk amongst each other

Enjoy your Snap oversteer lol

Spyder post

I got some new stickers m8s!

this general is stupid

>mr2 only
kill yourselves

>Find MR2 for £650
>Body seems in good condtion
>Passed MOT
>Check engine light is on
>Starts up and drives

What do you guys think? At that price even if the engine is fucked I'm not losing a lot of money and if it does work I just saved £5,000

I say go for it the fix could be something easy and cheap the most expensive something is going to cost is a transmission or engine rebuild

Look up how to check an AW11s check engine codes. It's literally bridging two terminals and then watching how many times the light flashes. That'll give you an idea as to what's wrong.

I'd say it's completely worth it.

It's a SW20 not an AW11

Well then buy a cheap af ObdII code reader and find out what it is.

>tfw have to wait till spring to attach your BC front lip for your AW11

Please delete this thread.
I'm planning on buying an mr2 soon and I don't want the prices to go up.

Red Leader Reportan to meme thread

beautiful!

I dig the color matched bolt-on flares

>6'3" fitting
I'm 6'1" and unless I slump my head touches the ceiling and I'm scrawn as fuck. That being said I did a 14 hour road trip and remained comfy enough.

make sure the trans is fine. Put it in third gear from a stop and if you can get it to roll with the clutch all the way out and no gas it's got a fucky clutch. try all gears at high rps, both up and down shifts and make sure no pop-outs. check the under carriage for rust

Same folks post over and over and most of the people drive appliances they haven't touched besides for aesthetics.

Sw20 wasnt obd2. At least in the US.
Its the same process of jumping the terminals

I'm going to buy two MR2, one is complete and running, the other one has no front train and no engine

The catch is that I live in a shitty country which won't let you drive a nice car so I'll have to wait until 2018 to be able to drive around with the complete car (It's a foreign car si I have to wait 30 years to insure it without having to pay 10.000€ in fees)

Otherwise I could remove the train and the engine of the running car and add it to the car which is already 30 years old

I have seen them the running one is near perfect condition, no rust or anything
The other one has rust over the windshield and over the rear right wheel arche

What should I do

I don't want to wait two years to drive my MR2

Are you that black 86 aw11?

Mr2 is not for 4 inches of snow

nope

>AW86

Hey guys, just finished my 4agze swap. So peppy now!

>BC Lip on panda
fugg it's sex

if rust is already bad, it'll reach danger-level with daily driving, especially if you live in a rainy/snow country

Do i get an aw11 or sw20 turbo?
I know the turbo would be faster but dat 4age + 80's angles

It's not that bad, less than a centimenter large on the arche. Over the windshield it's a bit more advanced, there's a good 5cm quiet rusted

I don't plan to daily this one, if I wait until 2018 I will buy an engine and a train to build a rallye car out of this one.
Anyways I might keep it as a part bank

I forgot to tell you that they sell the cars for 2 grands

i want a 2nd gen turbo so bad but i can't stomach getting rid of muh baby

Saint Pepsi enjoy yourself played in my head because of it's shiny cleanliness for some reason
P.s. I bet your car looks sexy when it's wet

Here's a pick of my '87 up by Mt. Rainer in Washington

I bought it with only 123k miles on the body from an Asian man

My first mr2 was the sw20 Turbo and that was a beast, the kid I sold it to put emoji fabric in it

ITT: People who could not obtain a superior Pontiac Fiero

When are we going to meet up and snap oversteer into shit together user

Mine always went great in snow

you guys in WA as well?

Where are you from bro? Lets crash off of i-90

here be my Supercharger lads. Gonna fabricate a TMIC and slap on 176mm SC pulley

Send me a message on instagram : sp00kygh0st
Ill organize this shit

Nice color

>TFW no Pontiac general

Can I join the nipfaggotry ;-;

>black Aw11 on cl
>ad disappeared when I tried contacting the seller
>post was only a few hours old

I will literally never be able to own an mr2 ;_;

Was it the same one as in the picture?

Nvm I'm retarded

There's 4 of us in WA? Y'all rip skids in the recent snow?

Heard you can upgrade the sc12 to a sc14 off of a previa or something like a JDM ae92 4agze or a 1G-GZE. Any plans on power?

I don't got instagram sadly

Federal way area

I tried but I couldn't get anywhere

Wait a second, were you on 512 southbound a little after 3:00 yesterday? I saw a silver/grey mr2 on my way home

Maybe we have to do an email list then
Mid winter gift exchange lol
Different dude, I live pretty close thought I'm from Bellevue

What country? Norway?

aw11 has much more soul

You know, I always got crazy psycho girlfriend who is wild in bed vibes from mr2s

is it really true?

This pic is my life
>have aw11
>buy miata
>drive miata more than aw11
>sell aw11 cuz it just sits
>sell miata
cuz it sucked

No obviously

It was this one

I'm going to be fixing bad fender rust on my aw11 and I'd like to know what flares you're using. Also what are your wheel specs? Looking great.

word. (myself included)
but what did you expect from a general thread?

Can't wait for spring so I can start working on my garbage.

$200 gets you this

That's funny because the oem wheels sell for at least twice that much alone.

The car came with Bridgestone Potenza Pole positions as well. That's $800 worth of tire.

Also it runs and drives fine. 200k miles. The rear fenders are really bad but I'll take care of that with a welder and maybe some flares.

$400 for triangles?
Ive been taking them to the recycler and getting like $20

you cunt

I have a set sitting around now.
Ill take $400 for them please. Plus cost to dismount old tires. Plus shipping

I honestly wouldn't say triangles are worth $400. If that's the case I've got over $1k of wheels and tires (tires are 90% tread). I'd say triangles in good condition with no kerb rash (like mine) would go for like $150. I just need to clean them up a bit since they're grimy.

is an MR2 or a miata more fun?

be honest

I like both equally.

It depends on how you like to drive.
I had both and found the mr2 more fun.
But i see the appeal of the miata

>It depends on how you like to drive.

well i've only ever driven fwd cars so both would be a change

The mr2 for me was fun because it needs to be more on the edge.
The miata was also fun because you could fuck up and it was easy to correct.

sw20 is the better car

Can I join? I have an MR too.

It's missing the "2" at the end.
Make your own thread it's not that hard. Plenty of fiero lads around.

Eww don't touch it, it might catch on fire

mr2 is like playing a game on hard for the first time, or solving a 5x5 Rubik's cube
Miata is easy mode always like a 3x3 Rubik's cube.

Mr2 has much higher reward but is obviously more difficult, Miata will always treat you right but sometimes not good enough.

what wheels are those? I like them

Thanks, my heart is all warm and bubbly now

Sport Edition A10, they are suuuuuuuuuuper cheap brand new. I think i paid like $80 each and i dipped mine btw
tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Sport Edition&wheelModel=A10&wheelFinish=Titanium Gunmetal

nice penis wheels

ty

Cool, need new tires soon and may just replace the wheels previous owner put on as well. pic related

>panda aw
nigga thats dope as shit

There's a neat sw20 jdm turbo swap near me for sale but since I've moved I don't know any shops to bribe for smog.
Being an autismo has caught up with me.

thank

C'mon, just play nice. We simply want to be MR buddies.

adding to that, look out for rust where the doors join the chassis. no one told me that one and bam, rest of the car is rust free, except those two areas which have lolhuge rust holes.

>roof racks best racks

Anyone got the original radio? I'm thinking of buying to fit back it but I was wondering if the wires are connected solid or with plugs. The guy who did the aftermarket radio has used crimps

This

Then why don't you MR2 faggots post more then?

>literally superiority complex
Mr2 owners are straight up cancer

I think you've mistaken us for Miata general

yeah. doesn't work though. replaced it with a kenwood krc from the same period

That looks pretty good, how much was it

too much.

go to ebay, type in kenwood krc and search world wide.

Pls gib advice
>be me
>really like mr2s
>kinda need a car
>must be from 1992 or never
I was about to pull the trigger on a celica since i like ray 'n shit, but my insurance is not stupid and will make me pay extra for the rally spec one
So
>Are sw20s and spyders a shit?
>Easily riceable?
>Reliability?

>
>>Are sw20s and spyders a shit?
>SW20 no, has a good amount of strategic storage space.
>MR-S, better driver's car, literally cannot hold more than a backpack or two
>>Easily riceable?
>SW20, just wheels and the thing looks amazing
>MR-S absolutely needs a body kit or TRD widebody
>>Reliability?
Toyota

France

The car was never sold there so it's pretty difficult to be able to drive it on the roads

>Strategic storage space
You mean a frunk?
I'm not that worried about luggage
Will need some better sw20 pics to judge

We need a /poncho/ general

Thanks man. I bought some made by Carbon Pixel on ebay. I think they were 2.5" wide? Not sure

I have 15x8 XXRs with what I believe is a 0+ offset. I have 205 tires on
them that have just a little bit of stretch and I'm sure I could go 210s for a better fit.
I also have 1" hub centric spacers underneath to pop them out just a bit more to fill the flares up. Yeah yeah, I know this puts extra wear on the wheel bearings but it looks better and handles flatter.

Now granted I get light rub at hard turn angles. But my struts are completely shot and need replaced and I'd like to go to a tire that has a slightly smaller OD.

The SW20 actually has a fairly large trunk, the frunk can fit a suitcase, and there's some room behind the seats.

The ZZW30 has no trunk, and can't fit a small suitcase in the frunk. You're left with a tiny bit of room behind the seats. Like you can't really go get a fully load of groceries with another person in the ZZW30 unless you're having them hold the groceries in their lap.

>boo fucking hoo I can't post along other Toyota's because some of them only touched their cars aesthetically. Better start a new general with only MR2 master race

Autism speaks.

I wanted to get a Kenwood but I'll settle for this.

More advice and opinions on what is asked I just got tired of seeing the same faggots posting shit like
>"hey gois I just cleaned my ker doesn't it look sik wit deez rimz"
They get like 5-10 replies stroking his cock but if you ask something like
>"hey guys I want more horsepower what engine swap has the most after market support
>0 replies
I have a strong feeling most of Veeky Forums faggots only know how to change wheels but nothing else
Because some of us know when to stop posting the same shit.

desu the older ones are getting to the point where reliability issues are common.

AW11s are just falling apart, so without a full restore you will have issues.

n/a SW20s are pretty solid, but turbo SW20s often don't qualify for the toyota reliability meme.

MR-Ss are solid, or they would be if their engines didn't blow up.

Hi,

I'm currently looking at a mr2 86 shell, and was wondering how hard it is to put myself an 4age or 4agze? Givem that it would be a week end project.

It will be a extreme pain in the dick if you don't have a engine hoist or car lift but if you do have one of those things the only thing that's a pain in the ass (in my opinion) to do is installing the shifter cables. If you're not that mechanically inclined putting a 4age in the mr2 could take you up to 3 days or a day and a half if you have a lot of free time.