/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 22nd:
1517 – Ottoman forces defeated the Egyptian Mamluk army in the Battle of Ridaniya and brought the severed head of the last Mamluk sultan Tuman bay II into Cairo.
1689 – The Convention Parliament convened to justify the overthrow of James II, the last Roman Catholic King of England, who had vacated the throne when he fled to France in 1688.
1969 – Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev survived an assassination attempt, an incident that was not revealed to the public until after the fall of the Soviet Union.
>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/DDRJake
mediafire.com/file/9rx79pblmh03l38/Apocalypse_1836_for_HPM.zip
mega.nz/#F!Zd0zSbQa!T3KLcjEcwFpLr8_xByt0tQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to do whatever you feel like.

white and based

based

Africamodlad, where are you?

niggers

Absolutely white

Please use the proper infopic next thread, OP.

Reposting from last thread Working on creating a mod with a new start date and could use some help - what do I need to change to be able to actually choose a country at the start menu? I've created the bookmark and description and have tweaked some province history files and the date in the given country's history file yet I still can't click on anything.

The fuck am I supposed to do about this

Roll over and get TURK'D

what game

Vic2

Does anyone know any good Geheimnisnacht starts or goals?

I united the empire and once I took Estalia as a Bretonnian.
I have also tried playing as the vampire count in the middle of Bretonnia, the one vampire who doesn't have a name for some reason.
Vampire knights are OP as fuck, and the basic strategy is to keep hoarding them and always stick to the event spawned troops at the beginning.
But I lost too many of them after conquering half of Bretonnia and that meant game over for me.

Now I have trouble finding any good starts, some seem too defensive to expand at all, and others are simply too underpowered and get eaten up immediately.

so the map is just blank when you click the new bookmark? did you create an earlier or a future bookmark

garys war in the east is a food grandi strategy

Is it time?

I created a 1910 bookmark. The map is not blank, but instead the 1836 bookmark with Italy formed for whatever reason. I can't actually select any countries, clicking them doesn't choose a country to play.

Add Aurora and Distant Worlds then it will be A+++

Good to acceptable Grand Strategy:
Victoria II
Darkest Hour
Crusader Kings II

Absolutely shit:
Entire EU Series
HoI3-4.

You clearly don't know what t. /gsg/ was. It was an attempt to get rid of ebin space games when redditors were spamming stellaris here.

Should i finally play france after 4 years of viccy ?

I'm kraut btw

>memest hour
>good
>hoi3
>shit

treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedirt

>Absolutely shit:
>HoI3
>waah why do i ahve to control my army

Good Ebin Space Games:
- Aurora
- Distant Worlds

Bad Ebin Space Games:
- Stellaris
- Victoria Ultimate

zombie horde unit pack when

>Good Ebin Space Games
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/catalog#s=civ4x

things like Italy are weird because it's trying to use the history from 1861, but i'm not sure why you can't click anything
can you upload the mod somewhere so i can try to fix it

>arguing in favor of a game where you can literally put the army on AI mode
>arguing in favor of a boring game railroaded to repeat WW2 on loop no matter what changes you make
>arguing in favor of a game that doesn't include any real strategy, is just a war game

WEW.

HoI4 isn't any better though, its measure of altering history is filling up enough mana to change a fascist-dominated country into a communist one in a matter of a few months.

Both railroaded hell and Arcade of Iron are shit games.

add war in the east to the list

Alright, let me get some more provinces assigned in the history folder then I'll UL it.

>railroaded
implyign that's bad

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""railroading"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Why do redditors use this term. "Hey, I'm just going to play this history game, set in history. Oh no, it has history in it! What is this railroaded bullshit???!?!? >:((("
Go the fuck back to /r/paradoxplaza, lad.

Add Huniepop and Factorio then it will be perfect.

>doomstacking sim
>strategy
Kek, DH's war mechanics are so boringly simple that modders have to add in endless event chains to keep the game interesting

Nigger railroading suvks in hoi3

GS games have always had a measure of changing history. I'm not asking for what HoI4 gave, if you want to know what I mean look at Victoria II or better yet, Darkest Hour.

WW2 wasn't inevitable so it should be possible to avert it entirely and do a peaceful runthrough

Why the fuck would Japan attack a German-aligned America, or an America that conceded to their demands in regards to the Pacific? Pearl Harbor is railroaded to happen NO MATTER what you do. YOU COULD HAVE FUCKING JAPAN AND USA ON THE ALLIED SIDE AND YOU STILL GET PEARL HARBOR.

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SEEING THIS IS SOMEHOW MORE ACCEPTABLE THAN COMMUNIST GERMANY IN 1936.

help

Reload your gam

uninstall.exe
then install it again

Fiddle with resolution, fullscreen, etc?

Clean your graphics card with a damp cloth

download more RAM

DONT DO THIS!
It creates mustard gases.

Is commiemod not compatible with HPM anymore?

Commiemod has been abandoned like 2 or 3 years ago, what are you doing fooling around with that shit?

I like mustard

Thats an easy fix ill PM you the fix.

Okay, lads, I think we're ready.

I dunno, I like it. Is there anything like it?

Not really. Though in those 2 or 3 years HPM has added unique decisions for commies and fascists, though not as broken as Commiemod's.

>no war in the east

To be honest I just want a mod that really fleshes out the political aspect. I heard PDM does it but I'd rather not murder the economy.

the moot
become emperor

TbH PDM became more bearable for me the more and more I learned that Vic 2's economy was fundamentally fucked

Done.

add eu3

Where can I even download it, Paradox says I don't have permission for some reason

Where are Long Live the Queen and Sengoku Rance?

Where is EU3?

>bohemia on the pacific coast
"no"

Have you donated yet ? patreon.com/DDRJake

Post aesthetic real life borders

Does anyone know how I can find the event code for the Battle of Blood River for HPM? I've had five starts as Britain and Natalia just refuses to spawn even after a decade of waiting.

Sim here's the new version if you didn't see it

mediafire.com/file/9rx79pblmh03l38/Apocalypse_1836_for_HPM.zip

Based DDRJake.
Why is he so perfect ?

Malawi ruins it, otherwise this'd be 10/10.

>Roman empire
>10th century AD

Khazars were not all jews.
Actually only one quarter of them where jews. One quarter muslim, one quarter Christian and the rest where in their native dream walker sect.

where is the africamodder?

Anons, is there ever a reason to not assign provinces to estates assuming you can keep their influence at 70 or below and their loyalty at 80 or higher? The provincial benefits seems to outweigh 0% autonomy.

????????????????????????????????

Fruit in prov ?

wine #2 in profitability

May I save it, friend?

is Hitlermod ded?????

Triste is Slovenian

Why does he look like Chris Benoit?

Here's the link, I still need to assign more provinces but at least we have Germany :^)

mega.nz/#F!Zd0zSbQa!T3KLcjEcwFpLr8_xByt0tQ

>krispen wah
Fucking lost.

Not Sim but what does it include?

True

Ok Melania

epic

It has some fixes mostly, the only really major thing is now you can suspend your constitution to become absolute, other than that just unfucking things

Fruit and wheat

is it a meme to add yugoslavia to eu3?

discover austria and ally with them

only if it's Radical Yugoslavia

Slovenia is Slovakian

Does it include early closed borders and more pop growth events so late game is more fun?

IN THEIR OWN SHORE

CAME THE WORLD WAR

Which of these two look the least shit?

yes

GLEAVES AND INGHAM

LEADING THE BURY WEST

Also lads what have I done. The Serbs are taking over everything.

IN THEIR OWN TRACK

CAME THE WOLFPACK

if you mean countries then bottom. though where did GB's name go? also change the commonwealth's color.

and too bad I'm gonna add it. the ai will never form it anyway, probably