Car Stolen

Hey Veeky Forums

so some worthless cunt stole my Jeep I guess.

Walked out the door to go to work yesterday morning and it's just gone. In a really safe low crime area too. But anyway, I submitted the theft report to Police who came and took a bunch of details and also filed an insurance claim and waiting to hear anything.

My question is, outside of the obligatory Facebook post to my town page and regularly scouring Craigslist, what other options do I have for getting a lead on it? I've tried searching for tow records and parking tickets in my town (alameda) and the surrounding cities (oakland and berkeley etc). What are common sites people can try to sell boosted cars from?

Also, am I fucked? It's insured, but it has a $500 deductible for theft I guess. Plus I know they'll undervalue the car. I'm pretty sure Bluebook is like $1,300 - $1,500, unlike the local market value for an unmodified, mechanically solid, straight body, clean paint, 5 speed stick, 4x4 Laredo with good condition everything, which is more like $2,500 - $3,800. Not to mention all of the fucking maintanence I'll have to do up front again into any used car I'll buy.

How much am I likely to get paid for this thing?

btw, OP pic is my car and so is this pic. The main identifiable feature of the car aside from the plate (5YPD485) is the duct tape covering a small hole in the fiberglass on the rear.

File a police report and pray. If it makes any odd noises, tell the cops.

Did you leave your keys in the car? Nobody is stealing this hunk of shit unless it fell into their lap.

>California
>old jeep stolen

Colour me surprised.

Locked outside my house in a cul de sac. I left some clothes on the rear seat, but nothing of significant value. Still have both keys with me.

I'm still just so confused, I can't see any reason for someone to steal this thing, there's no purpose. It's not worth it for potential GTA charge. I also know that they're hard to break into. I had AAA over once to unlock it because I locked my keys inside. Took him 40 minutes and he couldn't actually unlock it with the poker; he only managed to do it by hooking the keys up onto his thing and pulling them out.

I also know for a fact that at least two people I live with didn't lock their cars. Because that's the kind of neighborhood it is.

>2017
>not having a cheap gps tracker hidden in the car

i guarantee that shit is in oakland being stripped right now
but i'll keep an eye out for it
i work all over the east bay
niggers from oakland scout out alameda all the time mang
always lock your shit up
always

It does have a Metromile, pay per mile insurance GPS tracker in it, but it only works when it's plugged in and the car is running, so they must have noticed it and unplugged it because there have been no location updates at all.

Do any of your friends know Xzibit/Fat Joe and/or think your ride needs some new style?

Thanks man, appreciate it. Do you know any of the common drop locations? I've heard W Oakland BART, so I'm gonna swing by there today after work.

Come to think of it... no. They've already done my Civic and my AE86, as well as my Oldsmobile, so I doubt they'd be so generous to pick me again.

pretty much all of international
fruitvale and emeryville
check the bayview district as well mang
sf gets a lot of refuse

what year is the cherokee

Whoooooo does this?

It's good. I pay less than I was quoted for all of the standard basic insurance carriers and I get more coverage.

My jeep was appraised at 3k by insurance 2 years ago and it was a turd (that I bought for 1k)

Well that's promising. That would be enough to get it replaced with a bit of searching I think.

there are people who live in "white" or "low crime" areas thinking they live in some kinda of safe bubble

lmao. The entire world is full of scum.

Thats why things like Sandy Hook happen.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution, weirdo.

Not OP but FWIW, I grew up in a homogeneous country-ish town (rural area, but like 40K population) town and lived there until I was 19 years old. Never locked my car at home, nor did my parents or siblings, or really any of the people I knew to be honest. Never heard of a single car being stolen the entire time I lived there. Violent crime consisted of a rare drunken bar fight. Drugs were: some people smoke weed.

A psycho going on a wild rampage and shooting a bunch of people for murdering babies is not the same thing as consistent and regular car theft.

>sandy vag
>not a giant scam
lol

>FWIW

Literally what the fuck are you saying

Negro, stolen cars are usually not listed on the internet. Its either being used by the person who stole it, it was sold to a friend of the person who stole it or it was chopped and the parts are bring sold off.

There are two types of people who steal cars

>Stupid fucks

>Real car theifs

If yours was stolen by the 2nd you will never see it again

Dude that's a fucking Chrysler you can start those with a fucking screwdriver

I'm nervous now

how easy would it be to steal a first gen Tundra?
should I invest in an alarm system?

Also i forgot to add if someone took 40min to unlock that car they must have been new. That jeep is ez as fuck to get into.
>pic for reference

He's clearly saying he suck cocks on Reddit

Best getting a GPS and hiding it inside

>be black
>see this

I would say it looks pretty easy

My first car was stolen from my grandparents then used in armed robberies at a shoe store and gas station then the windows rolled up and the inside burned. Shit sucked it was a totally clean oldsmobile from a grandma with 60k miles on it. I always had it completely clean n waxed inside n out. Be happy to just find ur car with sum silver dust around the handle if u get it back.

You must have missed the tread I made a month or so back floated around for about 3 days with all kinds of requests for different cars

sauce?

A book I have

rear window isn't accessible

opening the car is one thing
I mean you could just smash the window
STARTING the car is a much different story

On anything Chrysler made not really. Punch out the ignition and you can start them with a flathead screwdriver. been to a few stolen recoverys where they wanted me to tow it home.
>Get in car flathead on passanger seat
>Look at ignition of course its punched
>Take screwdriver left in car from theives
>Start car
>OK you can drive it to where ever now

besides that if you can start it I can open it

Still doesnt look to bad to get into

For what it's worth you worthless cunt. Learn English or GTFO

Nice samefagging dweeb

nah tho

>I also know they are hard to break into
No they aren't I'll smash your wink window or even just push it, unlock the door , drop your ignition switch in just two bolts only taking 3 minutes or less and start it with a screw driver and I'm gone.

Not a single part of Alameda is good I don't Know what your smoking dude.

West Oakland and all the shitty parts is a good place to search. I'll keep an eye out here in Stockton, manteca, lathrop area. I got my Honda stolen once. I got it back and it wasn't the same.

NEW BREAD

>I grew up in homogeneous countr-ish town

stopped reading there because your opinion is invalid.

One single Nigger living in an urban area is more relevant than your entire town. Sorry bub.

Hey Alex, loved you on Joe Rogans podcast for #911

The adjuster may try and low ball but find multiple local postings of the market price.

If still no say "hi is there an arbitration clause in the policy? I'd like to go to arbitration."