/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Walls edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/medieval-conquests
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tried downloading AD1257 from moddb but chrome says it's a harmful file for some reason.

>March 21st, 2015

B U I L D
U
I
L
D

you should be downloading the one from the upstab pastebin anyway

I'm posting this every thread to honour the user's dying wish.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

that file name.
you fucked up, son.

disregard
i'm retarded

wouldn't demonic magni and jatu rekt you with huscarls or archers only? I feel like infantry is not enough to distract the enemy cavalry from rekting my archers because of how unpredictable it is where they will charge first so I use a lot of knights to do that, end up having more knights than archers and just say fuck it
and even with tons of archers I can't do jackshit against fierdsven lords

and on attacking sieges archers are shit too

>2017 release

welp fuck you guys im out

Two things about Demonic Magni minor faction parties:

1) You can ignore them barring sieges -- If they siege you they are fucked (or you are fucked) either way.

2) Fighting minor faction armies is more an issue of minimizing battle disadvantage or creating a counter-army.

Demonic Magni army is basically dead once you kill the vanguard. If you for example are a good mounted archer you can kill the Demonic Magni yourself with religious use of parthian shots and let your army wipe up everyone else.

Jatu can be defeated with good (and lucky) use of terrain and a 100% infantry army.

Trying to use a balanced army against a force like the Jatu is a mistake -- The archers will just be a liability once your lines are breached (and they WILL become breached unless terrain blesses you). 100% infantry blobs completely fuck them though without needing to waste prestige.

>(The commenter guy says it not the devs)

I forgot to explain reasoning behind the image -- I actually can't find any images of me siegining in my old POP aside from this. But not I am late-game and still using Empire Crossbowmen. (They are cheaper and get the job done so why the fuck not).

POP isn't much different than Native when it comes to sieges and Rhodok Sharpshooters dominating sieges is not just a meme.

While I am using Immortals here this should illustrate how infantry blobs can destroy cavalry blobs.

>page 9

VG IS TOO ALIVE FOR THIS DEAD GENERAL

TOO
ALIVE

>page 9
Kill yourself my friend

>4 ladders
>Low castle walls
can these even really be called defenses

Any problems with Hispania 1200 other than the troop trees?

oh fuck this shit, my left mouse button will die soon, I am back to playing VC I keep jumping from module to module after 800 hours there is not much left to do I NEED BANNERLORD GINGE

forgot the pic, this is a third siege of this size in the last 30 in game days, the grind is unbearable

where is that? never seen that scene

the limited setting

I can't recall 100% but I have been seeing it a few times in Eastern Germany. Suspect one of them was this castle.

With three factions attacking me ATM (thank goodness I fundamentally wiped the Emirate when I did) I am just creating a territory buffer from my actual assigned lands now.

>the limited setting
Not the one you're replying to, But I wonder how the game could have countered that.
Include the arabs maybe ? Or the franks.
I am planning a AD 1600 mod for Bannerlord and frankly I wonder how I could keep the factions diverse in that setting beyond swiss mercernaries and landsknecht...

When it comes to the siege defense grind -- Thats part of the reason I am creating a territory buffer.

Basically if they attack one of these buffer territories I don't give a shit because I didn't assign it to one of my lords anyways. I'll just conquer something else and recapture it later.

I hate all of you desu.

How am I supposed to clear a rebel hideout on 100% damage? It's 5 of my troops vs a full army.

multiplayer when

This varies wildly on mod. Namely in the quality of the bandits you are fighting versus how strong the player and companions can become. Mods with firearms can also be irritating when every random bandit gets handguns as well.

Another thing t note is that the number of spawns increases as you level. It is very possible for bandit camps start easy (with mercenaries typically) and become insufferable later on.

order your 5 to follow you
move to each enemy clump
kill
go home and party with your denars and experience

>100% damage
just don't
the game wasn't designed to be realistic

100% damage isn't really a big deal.

If you play at decreased damage you also have zero basis for analyzing anything due to playing on a different ruleset to everything else in Calradia / the mod.

what

100% damage means stray crossbow bold = you die
I get that people play it but I don't like it. A large reason I play M&B is the combat, not the trashy troop command tactics.
But why would I want to analyze anything?

nice meme

You cannot really analyze anything relating to weapon/armor logic since this is obviously different for you when you are fighting at decreased damage.

With damage to friends set lower you also have no basis for accurately analyzing the quality of any troops on a level playing field as well.

I'm not trying to be elitist when I state that analysis from anyone with decreased damage is useless. Damage logic is so fundamental to basic game play you may as well be talking about a different game.

>stray crossbow bolt
Use a shield and don't be an idiot? Positioning matters.

I don't mean to be the ultra-elitist here, but I don't even participate in battles.
Just command and pretend it's meaningful.

>i like charging archer lines with nothing but my cock and a spear

When you put it that way it's actually a lot of fun.

>implying they are not one and the same

>putting your cock at the mercy of archers for cheap thrills

if we are talking about Gekokujo I am AOK with that

well yes I do
I'd rather spend my time playing the game rather than having my elite infantry fumble for a few minutes slashing up the enemy cav before slowly engaging the ranged units and leaving me with nothing to do
I guess if you play bow or footman with a freaking huge huscarl shield on your front and back then it's pretty ordinary, but fuck that I like to play Zhao Yun yolo mode

>% damage
>just don't

Archers can't accurately hit you on horseback so long as you don't ride directly at them.

Further they will typically (initially) ignore you while flanking, especially if you are flanking solo.

If you are an idiot that jumps into the middle of an archer line, dallies there, then complains after you get shot down that is all you.

What mods are best/most viable for playing a bandit?

VC

If you have 5 crossbowmen all aggroed on you then there's just no way of timing a charge without probably getting hit.
I'd rather take 1/3 of my health than have to sit out the fight.
If you like to play that way then fine, I don't.

>raiding
>ever

>every lord and their grandma is allowed to attack peasants and burn villages without repercussion
>but it's somehow bad if I do it without being sworn to some asshole

then use a shield you dummy

you have to lower your shield to attack and you can get hit on the way out
the only thing that can one hit me is couched lances, which are easy to evade

Anyone do any of the regimental RP battle line stuff for Napoleonic Wars or North and South?

Kind of interested but not sure I want to dedicate actual time to the spergs who organize such things.

>If they siege you they are fucked
you won't get the loot if you defeat them in a siege

I think I can rek demonic magni with archery but they often get lost and until I find every single one they already fucked half of my band

If those 5 crossbowmen are you only potential targets you have likely already won. Just distracting them has value.

If they are close together the moment you get within melee range they will freak out and take out their melee weapons (making crossbow usage irrelevant)

If they are spread out then you can pick them off as you can just full charge them individually between reloads.

The only time you have lost in this scenario is the scenario where you cannot approach due to getting shot down on approach -- Which means you are riding towards them in a straight line. Stop that.

you know shields passively block projectiles right

nice
I thought immortals were more of a shock troop like gladiators or berserkers

Not that guy, but I'm pretty sure he meant 5 crossbowmen out of a larger contigent.

Shields actually block while couching and throwing Javelins. They sometimes also block projectiles while lowered or on your back.

>cheating

this use ranged weapons
get good gear on your companions
use elite troops

Thats why I started with
>If those 5 crossbowmen are you only potential targets you have likely already won. Just distracting them has value.

With the mobility of a horse you can choose your targets. If you MUST kill those 5 crossbowmen that implies that you basically already won the battle.

Immortals are basically Gladiators / Berserkers without shit armor and a cheaper upkeep. In theory Berserkers could work really well here as well. I wasn't terribly impressed with Gladiators the last time I played POP. They had 6 power strike, were not as fleet footed as Berserkers, and their weapon loadout was so random that I couldn't really use them for any specific task.

I know.
They don't passively block to your right (weapon arm) when using a spear, which is my weapon of choice.

then get a bigger shield, attack when they're reloading, and strafe
how is it that hard

>In theory Berserkers could work really well here as well.

you have autoblock turned on too right
>enemy has a few archers
>lose battle instantly

oops, forgot to add:

>>In theory Berserkers could work really well here as well.
>enemy has a few archers
>lose every battle

>In theory Berserkers could work really well here as well.
Against the Jatu yes. Jatu always charge and Berserkers are extremely efficient at killing things that get in melee range. Their vulnerability to eating ranged fire while advancing is irrelevant in this scenario. Their lack of armor isn't that big a deal for the bulk of the battle as any non-shield troop is going to die from a couched lance hit anyways.

The only thing in question is whether you can bog down the Jatu. With enough density thats not a problem.

viking conquest
you can even raid churches

do you make your infantry blob stand ground and just wait to be trampled?

>implying that the player is the equal of some lowly lord
Such an attitude is not befitting a future Emperor

you can't time for reload if there's 5 crossbowmen all stagger hitscanning you
>you have autoblock turned on too right
no

I destroyed the Jatu with an army of Legionnaires, Armed Pikemen. F1 + Stand closer many times.

I ran around in a horse trying to lure Jatu retards before their initial charge to fuck up their lance attack.

Then F3 when they were stopped close and Jatu were rekt.

>horse archery

Make your infantry as dense as possible. Dismount any horses in front of them for added obstruction. Kill enemy riders and allow the dismounted horse to stop their momentum. Naturally try to position yourself in favorable terrain although your ability to do so is stunted with the Jatu's insistence on starting every battle via charge. Probably more that I cannot think of now.

The thing to note is that with enough Cavalry the horsemen will naturally block each other assuming they cannot charge through your line. With the Jatu's 100% cavalry army that is typically assured. Further the Jatu has a high emphasis on Lances that makes them a joke in a melee.

>raid churches

nigga before I use all those troop commands the jatu will be already raping my face

>hitscanning
kek
you should look up what hitscan means
and yeah you can, use them to LoS each other
use terrain
use your brain

>Jatu has a high emphasis on Lances that makes them a joke in a melee.

This, there are only two moments when they are dangerous: in the initial charge and when the reinforcement waves come.

If you deal with that Jatu are shit.

Proper horse usage is an art that you will master in time

So I like how Sands of Faith looks and how the overworld functions, but for some reason the battles feel lackluster. Anyone else able to explain this?

>strafe
>on a charging horse

>3
>f2
>f1 mouse click
>1
>f1
>f3
>f3
>f3

if I wanted to press buttons fast I'd be playing guitar hero

guitar hero is pretty rad tho

yeah that's what left and right are for

welp but thanks for the tip
I will try that

>side with the Kingdom of Vaegirs
>massive war against Swadia faggots
>capture literally all their noble faggots
>get to capture literally Harlaus, the Butter Master, the Fat King
>go to a feast
>want to tell my Vaegirs King and my Noble buddies that I have Swadia in my hands, their whole court and King in my Dungeon
>no one cares
>not a single fuck given
>"why don't you find me some cows, user?"

FUCK YOU RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will Dickplomacy fix this?

vassals are not necessarily part of the court though

why should the king and vassals care about a slave doing their duty? know your place.

Is there a working ENB for this game?

What's Dickplomacy all about?

I haven't played it in years.

I just want a upgraded Vanilla gameplay.

Yes

Dicking diplomacy

>tfw playing M&B while relaxing in my house enjoying this beautiful summer
mount & blade is the comfiest game

>Summer

Fucking Australians

>/mbg/
>Australians

>go to good christian spanish tavern
>townswoman inside wearing a hijab
REEEEEE MOORS GET OUT OF MY PENINSULA

>tfw unironically like women in hijabs

why do you cucks even bother with non-CKO knights

moddb.com/mods/medieval-conquests
Is there any point to playing this over AD1257?

I feel they are too OP and after a point battles become a joke.